Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: RFK Jr.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I should add that we do have the option of voting "blank", which is more or less the same thing as a protest vote. So I do go and vote — except for the municipal level from now on, of course — but I've been voting blank for the last three or four elections.
    I am often told to just make a blank or illegal vote. However they way voting is set up in the Netherlands. All numbers are derived from people actually showing up and casting their vote.
    Which means that if I were to vote some obscure leftist party that did not make the minimum requirements to get a seat my vote would be redistributed to one of the bigger parties who I definetly do not want to give a voice to what so ever.

By not voting I am staying out of the entirety of the math and numbers racket
    Thereby reserving the right to say whatever I want, because I didn't vote for any spokesperson in parliament. And keeping my voice with me instead of giving it away..

WIth Love

No, not at all, because the dissenters will either vote "blank" or will vote strategically, i.e. for a small party that they know doesn't stand a chance of winning either way.
    To reiterate. This effectively means voting for one of the winner parties in the netherlands as they will divide up all the remainder votes from those that didn't make parliament
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,107 Times in 20,308 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    I am often told to just make a blank or illegal vote. However they way voting is set up in the Netherlands. All numbers are derived from people actually showing up and casting their vote.
    Which means that if I were to vote some obscure leftist party that did not make the minimum requirements to get a seat my vote would be redistributed to one of the bigger parties who I definetly do not want to give a voice to what so ever.

Thereby reserving the right to say whatever I want, because I didn't vote for any spokesperson in parliament. And keeping my voice with me instead of giving it away..
    For parliament, it is the same thing here in Belgium, i.e. the blank votes — not the votes for smaller parties — get redistributed among the elected parties, and the elected parties must obtain 5% of the votes in order to be eligible for parliament.

In the executive branch however, the blank votes are discarded and they're not added to the votes for any party, big or small.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Yes a trigger regards the doom energy felt from yourself, the ignite be all good, blessings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts

WIth Love

To reiterate. This effectively means voting for one of the winner parties in the netherlands as they will divide up all the remainder votes from those that didn't make parliament
    So, in effect, they steal your vote...now that really sucks. No justice whatever in that.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    So, in effect, they steal your vote...now that really sucks. No justice whatever in that.
    Now you're getting the point.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), Lord Sidious (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    So I do go and vote — except for the municipal level from now on, of course — but I've been voting blank for the last three or four elections.
    Why not vote for Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse like some people do here?

I might do something like that if I was forced to vote against my will.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    I'm still waiting for the first of the red flags that inevitably start flying with presidential candidates. None found in this 13 minute interview, I still like what I'm seeing thus far:
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Catsquotl (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I just saw Diabolical Boids' reply, so I feel I should add that we do have the option of voting "blank", which is more or less the same thing as a protest vote. So I do go and vote — except for the municipal level from now on, of course — but I've been voting blank for the last three or four elections.
    Why not vote for Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse like some people do here?

I might do something like that if I was forced to vote against my will.
    You cannot do that. We vote by computer and you have to stick to the available choices. You can vote for a party as a whole, or you can vote for two people on the list for a single party — not two people from different parties, unless both parties are joined in a cartel, but we don't have any of those anymore at present time — or you can vote blank/invalid. Rinse and repeat for each of the levels you have to vote for.

When you're done voting, the computer will print out a paper with a QR code — the computers are not in a network — and then you have to walk over to a scanner that will read your QR code and register your vote. You must then dispose of the paper with the QR code in a designated box and return the card for activating the voting computer to the people at the table, who will then return your identity card to you — you have to hand it over to them when entering the room, and they will then look up on your name on a paper list and mark you as having reported for voting, so that you don't get fined.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I'm still waiting for the first of the red flags that inevitably start flying with presidential candidates. None found in this 13 minute interview, I still like what I'm seeing thus far:
    If none do, and you feel you have to.. Go for it...
    Have a great day today

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    You cannot do that. We vote by computer and you have to stick to the available choices.
    Ah, here we still vote the old fashioned way. Supposedly because it’s more secure that way.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Yes a trigger regards the doom energy felt from yourself, the ignite be all good, blessings
    Unbelievable.

You can feel gloomy doom feels from me but you don't feel the cringe and embarrassment I feel for adults who go there?

I'll grant you one feeling so you don't have to keep fishing. What is it that you want it to be?

Than back on topic.

Please and thank you.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    A good interview.

I don't think people realize that the neocons in the White House he is referring to are Democrats. Or Democrats in name only. Dinos. Like Biden who eerily reminds me Bush Junior on so many levels.

Someone will seize on his voice and make an issue out of it even though it's not a disorder that effects cognitive or physical ability. Politics is so much about dealing with people who only care about images and the feelings they prompt in us.

Good interview though.

Oh and with DeSantis announcing his entry, that considerably weakens Trump on the candidate market.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    If none do, and you feel you have to.. Go for it...
    What am I going for?

Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    I don't think people realize that the neocons in the White House he is referring to are Democrats.
    It's nice to hear someone calling a spade, a spade.

Someone will seize on his voice and make an issue out of it even though it's not a disorder that effects cognitive or physical ability.
    Sure they will, or that he's a self admitted ex drug addict. And if none of his superficial issues fail to gain traction, I wouldn't put it past them to start making shit up like they did with Bernie supposedly being a misogynist, or that his campaign was in cahoots with

Wait for it -

Wait for it -

Wait for it -

RUSSIA!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Well, on the one hand he's got that iconic name from the USA's probably most famous political pedigree, which in times already gone used to put some weight into the electoral scale, but on the other hand, he does seem like just too honest a guy for the Dypocritic National Comittee™, similar to how Marianne Williamson was just way too honest for them and not toeing the party line — and neither was Bernie Sanders, for that matter.

The Dypocrites™ don't like people who don't toe the party line of corporate globalism, American Exceptionalism, US-military hegemony, American imperialism and Wokemonastry™ — just giving Vern a little inspiration here for the potential expansion of his Aianawese Vernacular™, guys.

The bottom line is that they are very likely to dismiss him with prejudice, notwithstanding his famous heritage. And at the same time, there's also the fact that the political climate in the USA is currently so polarized that a guy like him may not stand a chance at all, notwithstanding his confidence that he does. Because it's all about Wokemons™ and MAGAlodons™ nowadays, and there appears to be no in-between anymore.

That all said, he does seem like a very likable dude, and I wish him luck.

Someone will seize on his voice and make an issue out of it even though it's not a disorder that effects cognitive or physical ability.
    Sure they will, or that he's a self admitted ex drug addict.
    Well, that sure didn't stop Bush Jr. from becoming US Emperor for eight years.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    What am I going for?

It's nice to hear someone calling a spade, a spade.

Sure they will, or that he's a self admitted ex drug addict. And if none of his superficial issues fail to gain traction, I wouldn't put it past them to start making shit up like they did with Bernie supposedly being a misogynist, or that his campaign was in cahoots with

Wait for it -

Wait for it -

Wait for it -

RUSSIA!
    OhGODYESYESYES, RUSSIA. Russia. Russia starts with an R and Robert starts with an R and you see the pattern here? It's undeniable.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (20th May 2023)