Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Thrive II: This is What it Takes

Thanks
    Thanked 81,138 Times in 20,321 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Aragorn gets out of sorts sometimes and tends to take it out on me...thanks to Fred I'm his favorite target.

Had Fred still been a staff member here in the Shire, then you would never have been let back in again. And yet here you are, smugly doing your very best at proving me wrong in my decision to grant you a second chance.

I was just trying to give him some latitude to try to open up a little regarding the struggles in his life. I know he wants to talk about it...but on his terms which is completely justified.
    You could have asked me about that in private — it would have been the respectful thing to do. The reasons for my official status as a disabled person are not a subject I wish to discuss, and especially not on a publicly visible forum thread. And it's off-topic for this thread.

Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn
    Either way, this is off-topic here.
    Son here is a powerful sender. I'm impressed. Hair is standing on end but impressed.

(*mumbles* which means you can receive as powerfully as you send *mumble-mumble*
    I am sorry, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say. I have no idea what I might have said to make your hair stand on end, or whether that comment was even about myself in the first place.

And as for addressing me as "son", if your date of birth as you put it in your profile when you signed up here is correct, then I'm actually older than you, and then addressing me as "son" when I'm chastising a notoriously thread-derailing member for doing exactly that — again — comes across as condescending.

You know, if I were to ever feel like being humiliated in public, then I could always just drop El Sombrero™ an email and ask him to let Mashika (or whatever her nom-du-jour is these days) start a public shaming thread about me again at Project MAGAlon™. I'm sure they'd be very happy to comply with that request.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st May 2023), Diabolical Boids (1st May 2023), Emil El Zapato (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    Mmmm well am a wee bit lost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st May 2023), Emil El Zapato (1st May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

Had Fred still been a staff member here in the Shire, then you would never have been let back in again. And yet here you are, smugly doing your very best at proving me wrong in my decision to grant you a second chance.

You could have asked me about that in private — it would have been the respectful thing to do. The reasons for my official status as a disabled person are not a subject I wish to discuss, and especially not on a publicly visible forum thread. And it's off-topic for this thread.

I am sorry, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say. I have no idea what I might have said to make your hair stand on end, or whether that comment was even about myself in the first place.

And as for addressing me as "son", if your date of birth as you put it in your profile when you signed up here is correct, then I'm actually older than you, and then addressing me as "son" when I'm chastising a notoriously thread-derailing member for doing exactly that — again — comes across as condescending.

You know, if I were to ever feel like being humiliated in public, then I could always just drop El Sombrero™ an email and ask him to let Mashika (or whatever her nom-du-jour is these days) start a public shaming thread about me again at Project MAGAlon™. I'm sure they'd be very happy to comply with that request.

Absolutely none of that was intended to humiliate but to acknowledge you, to namaste you in the precise meaning of that word. Son is non formal term that people use like dude, or sir.

*Your response gave off a great deal of power, I think I was pretty clear about that. I acknowledged that. I was not in the least commenting on the fact you were chastising someone. You chose to be offended by that acknowledgement. I know that because you say you don't know what I mean or what I'm talking about so how do you know I intended to humiliate? What we say is very revealing about us. None of us can hide ourselves really.

That was your choice. I respected your privacy, I respected your response, but our responses are sometimes very revealing.

I deeply regret that you were triggered by an acknowledgement of power that was meant with all due humility.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Aragorn (1st May 2023), Emil El Zapato (1st May 2023), Wind (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,202 Times in 11,965 Posts
    Absolutely none of that was intended to humiliate but to acknowledge you, to namaste you in the precise meaning of that word. Son is non formal term that people use like dude, or sir.

*Your response gave off a great deal of power, I think I was pretty clear about that. I acknowledged that. I was not in the least commenting on the fact you were chastising someone. You chose to be offended by that acknowledgement. I know that because you say you don't know what I mean or what I'm talking about so how do you know I intended to humiliate? What we say is very revealing about us. None of us can hide ourselves really.

That was your choice. I respected your privacy, I respected your response, but our responses are sometimes very revealing.

I deeply regret that you were triggered by an acknowledgement of power that was meant with all due humility.
    Changed my mind, I'm a social addict with all the attendant foibles and frustrations. Too much a da drama. But I suspect you might see my point.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 1st May 2023 at 12:41.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Diabolical Boids (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    Oh I don't know.

It's not anyone in particular it's just a sign of the times. It's human condition, the human experience.

You can replace the name Aragorn, Chuckie, Birds, and Fred with Henry, John, Bertha and Kim and in the human algorithm the same scenarios will come up with, struggles with power, and control dramas or wrestling with one's own demons whether they are real or imagined. There's a whole heap of people on the sending and receiving side that need healing.

But it's just overlooking something we are reminded of everyday. All these offshoots and sub forums that arouse from tensions and banishments at PA, forgot one thing. It took me a while to realize this. They all thought that changing the environment with a new forum, and the people populating the environment would change things. They forgot the one thing all these thousands of videos that are posted daily show us. If you want to change the environment, don't change the environment, change yourself. Otherwise the environment will remain the same no matter how many times you switch environments. That's what the Mate video shows us, the Dispenza videos, all those videos over in the Self Actualization thread show us. We are reminded of this daily but seemingly nothing changes.
    Last edited by Diabolical Boids, 1st May 2023 at 14:53.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Aragorn (1st May 2023), Emil El Zapato (1st May 2023), Wind (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    that's a good point, Boids.
    Last edited by Wind, 1st May 2023 at 20:52.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Changed my mind, I'm a social addict with all the attendant foibles and frustrations. Too much a da drama. But I suspect you might see my point.
    Considering I drop that word 'addict' quite a lot in terms of psychic attachments, your suspicions may be correct If you changed your mind then there will be a change of action and things will change and that's a good thing

Everyone has their problems. I'm the only person I know who can piss off people by agreeing with them. Of course that is not really my problem its theirs, but I'd like to know what is about me that triggers that sort of incongruent response. God knows what happens when you disagree with them.

I really cannot stress to people when you are in a group of people and your content and thought processes is about the psyche, the spirit, all forms of non material energy, intuition like what is posted here so on ad nauseum, day in and day sometimes for years and decades, you are not only expanding neural networks in a material sense but in an immaterial sense. A connection develops, even with people whose personalities clash with our own on a material level or even people we don't like But this isn't the material level, its the non-material level, its online and the content is non material, and often quantum, and people develop that psychic neural network and its unfortunately with people who we may feel like we don't like in the first place. Because we are in that place that we watch so many videos about but we haven't yet learned how to live in that place. The rules of material reality don't apply there.

But it happens. And may contribute in part to the PA dramas and foibles carrying over elsewhere. Caveat Emptor.

Hi boids, would you mind remove that quote from me. Aragorn will almost certainly ban me permanently for daring to question his authority. I will remove this post after you have read it.
    If you'd like. I don't think its strictly necessary because I have a distinct sensation if you were going to be banned it would have happened by now. If it makes you feel better I will remove it but what quote are you referring to ? Keeping up with what has been quoted and unquoted and posted three pages back isn't my forte.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    yahoo, it's over...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 1st May 2023 at 14:58.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023)

Thanks
    "well, that is a very cool response" POST #125. it is the quoted part of your post...edit post will let you bring your post up and then just remove the quoted part or change it if you like to something really sweet like. I'm so sorry Aragorn...
    I will. Then I suggest we just let it go. We can go to another thread. You talk about how swell Biden is and I can roll my eyes at you and resume some normalcy.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I will. Then I suggest we just let it go. We can go to another thread. You talk about how swell Biden is and I can roll my eyes at you and resume some normalcy.
    thanks, works for me...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Wind (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,127 Times in 2,668 Posts
    Just a friendly Public Service Announcement. Deleting through editing hides nothing from a mod or admin, they easily see anything and everything that used to be there with the click of a mouse. There's also a thing called screen shots.

For those who have learned little self control along the way, thus by definition tending to be hot heads at times, consider counting slowly to 10 before popping off with the mouth which may be regretted later on when the moment has passed. This advice is useful for every day real life as well.

Carry on.

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Aragorn (1st May 2023), Wind (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Just a friendly Public Service Announcement. Deleting through editing hides nothing from a mod or admin, they easily see anything and everything that used to be there with the click of a mouse. There's also a thing called screen shots.

For those who have learned little self control along the way, thus by definition tending to be hot heads at times, consider counting slowly to 10 before popping off with the mouth which may be regretted later on when the moment has passed. This advice is useful for every day real life as well.

Carry on.

I suspected as much, in fact I loaded an extension to peruse websites. And I was almost certain that you would take a screenshot and gleefully turn it over to Aragorn. So let's see where we go from here, my friendly neighborhood sneaky dude.

Fair warning to members would be a 'decent' thing to post on the website. Or did I miss that day? As in "Expect no privacy!"

We could still be friends Fred, it you could take it.

By the way, is that icon yours to post or did this little spat get you elevated to mod again?
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 1st May 2023 at 16:51.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,531 Times in 7,301 Posts
    Come on guys, this is how the thread about Thriving turned out to be? That was not my intention with posting the doc.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Aragorn (1st May 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    Amen to that Wind!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Wind (1st May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,138 Times in 20,321 Posts
    Hi boids, would you mind remove that quote from me. Aragorn will almost certainly ban me permanently for daring to question his authority. I will remove this post after you have read it.
    I have never banned anyone for questioning my authority, although when someone does it on purpose — and this is applicable to every staff member, not just me — then certain administrative action is usually taken, commonly in the form of a warning shot across the bow, or in extreme cases, an infraction. We only ever ban people after they have repeatedly ignored our warnings, and/or if their offense was sufficiently extreme to warrant their removal from our small community, whether temporarily or permanently.

In other words, you're being an idiot again, and you're also once again demonstrating that you don't even know me at all. Not that I'm the least bit surprised about that.

For any random reader's information, an infraction is an official warning from the management in the form of a private message with a special (predefined default) header and footer, and it also assigns a number of infraction points to the offending member. These infraction points will remain applicable for a limited amount of time — usually two weeks.

If the member manages to gather another infraction within the duration of the first infraction, then the infraction points and duration of the new infraction are added to the already running infraction, and if the number of infraction points exceeds a certain threshold value, then the forum engine will automatically temp-ban the member for a duration of two weeks or longer, depending on the number of infractions that caused the member's infraction points to exceed the threshold value.

Count yourself lucky that this here isn't Project Avalon. People have been banned from there — and their threads removed from view — for far less, myself included (and for that matter, twice).

Carry on.

Thank you, Fred.

Carry on.
    I suspected as much, in fact I loaded an extension to peruse websites. And I was almost certain that you would take a screenshot and gleefully turn it over to Aragorn. So let's see where we go from here, my friendly neighborhood sneaky dude.
    Fred did not send me any screenshots. But as he says, if you edit your post, then the edit history is visible to any moderator. All we have to do is click the "Last edited by" link at the bottom of your post. And in this case, I didn't even need to, because Diabolical Boids had already quoted your idiotic comment.

Fair warning to members would be a 'decent' thing to post on the website. Or did I miss that day? As in "Expect no privacy!"
    I fail to see what privacy has to do with something you post on a publicly visible thread. If you want privacy, use the private messaging system, or for lesser privacy but still keeping the prying eyes of the lurkers and the data-mining bots out, use one of the members-only sections. It's not rocket surgery.

By the way, is that icon yours to post or did this little spat get you elevated to mod again?
    All of the emoji are available to all members with an active account, provided that they know the shorthand for typing the emoji's name by hand or that they click the "Go Advanced" button below the editor box.

Furthermore, if Fred had been a moderator again, then his name would have appeared in this color, not in this color, and then it would have said "Super Moderator" under his name next to his posts, not "Senior Member".

And that ain't rocket surgery either.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (2nd May 2023)