Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Thrive II: This is What it Takes

Thanks
    Thanked 35,468 Times in 10,173 Posts
    Well the SOC is smashing it , atm, bigley indeed.

About 17 years ago i went out with my first conspireeey theorist, she taught me how to read the news, the whats coming up, in motion, planned or multi choiced atm, And no way did i believe her until yip, was provin, fucked me up a wee bit, baCK to now it is happening again but very differingly, one can see the playbook-s, lol not lineaer and you can see it can all change in a moment, am so facinated watching atm that being at peace knowingly also is annoying lol inner drama is outer in a strange way, what the F many gonna do with a Kennedy hehe a live one, what FN amazing times we live in, the self organizing collective, near cousin to the noospheric collective lol, is just simply happening.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Diabolical Boids (25th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2023), modwiz (25th April 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    This. ↑ A woman was recently convicted to a prison sentence over here — I think it was two or three years — for having slapped her kid.
    Yepper I believe it. I gotta laugh. My entire family, and there's like herds of them, paternally and maternally, on both sides that would be serving multiple life sentences.

I have on cousin out of dozen who wasn't spanked and he died shortly after he was released from prison of an OD.

Back then random family brats were pulled aside for a spanking, a slap, a shake for Bratile behavior; you didn't have to belong to the adult in question. Teachers could spank you.

A spank, a swat or slap which was usually for smart mouths and back talk was somehow confused for abuse, or literally beating the shit out of a kid or using your hands and fists as the only means to communicate with your kids. Unless you have actually reared children no one realizes the animal states they can go into. It used to be appropriate to slap an adult to snap them out of hysteric emotional shock as well as children but now apparently its better to let them become brain chemical junkies.

Even a maternalistic society like a wolf pack knows a nip is merited if the pups are going to be functional members of a society. Animals discipline their off spring but we can't. This time of year I can sit outside and watch all sorts of animals and birds correcting their offspring but we aren't supposed to.

There's still parents who spank and you can tell the difference between who has had a swat and who hasn't.
    Last edited by Diabolical Boids, 25th April 2023 at 10:50.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2023), Aragorn (25th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,167 Times in 11,949 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Amen to that. This is the first time I've seen such bloated collective painbody and one snared and developed under the influence of a rigid ideology.

Edit:
    You know I left and thought about what was said about pain body and how its like what Aragorn says. We can't have a discussion about anything without US Politics and Ideologies being drug into it and that is exactly what the collective pain body is feeding on. The pain body would have no interest in a topic like Unified Field Theory which is part of the Thrive movies; that would remove the pain body in a matter of moments, hours or a day. A troubled person might be tempted to help themselves using UF theory. Maybe the collective painbody needs to derail so no one goes to the actual content of the movie for discussion which poses an existential threat to the pain body itself.

The old struggles with the pain body was that it held on like the rugged addict it is and you did all sorts of work for days, weeks, decades to diminish its grip on people with relapses and set backs like any other addict.

The way UF addresses the pain body is to nuke it... You go in...Change your thoughts, change your emotions, your mind will change, your mind changes then so does your personality. And when your mind changes your body follows suit and you have basically a new body and personality, you are new person, neither of which the pain body can live or grow in. All that shite went out with the old mind and body. It takes an hour of thinking new thoughts, and new ideas and better emotions to double the neural connections in the brain. That's some fast stuff.

That's the cutting edge way of getting people to stop smoking. They know they can't, and they don't have the will and never will. And they are right. I don't argue with them, they are correct. I know I have been there. But they still want to get better and they hate themselves for smoking. They don't want to be addicts but they want to be addicted. It's an awful place to be at.

So you help change their thoughts, which then changes their emotions, they change their habits and actions, then their mind changes, then so does their personality, their body follows suit, and that mind and body actually can and knows it can stop smoking. And so it does. Just like that. Right then right there. Overnight basically.

Two days later they are forgetting to put their nicotine patch on, in three they forgot they ever smoked its just a bizarre idea that surfaces throughout the day. Once in a while it crosses their mind they once smoked and the idea startles them like it happened to someone else. Which it did.

Why its hard to stop smoking is not addiction physical or psychological. It's because you become a different person, a different personality. A smoker and a non smoker are two entirely different personalities. If you go from smoker to non smoker, you feel weird, you don't feel yourself because you aren't yourself but no one ever prepared you for the idea that it means a complete personality change and out of body experience. You want to retreat to what feels safe and familiar which is your old self, ad the only way to do that is to start smoking again.

Thats how this dead personality pain body should be dealt with and how much pain does it really want to be in? There are some people who get very tired of it and those who can go on forever living that way.
    heehee, I quit smoking the first time for 25 years. then a divorce and new friends with much encouragement starting smoking again. And now it has been about year since I quit again. I feel free of the stress of knowing what I was doing to myself, beyond that I am still me. The problem with abandoning the pain body is over compensation to the point where there is no pain at all. No pain as a reference shouldn't mean no compassion for those that are struggling. Jesus had the greatest pain body of all time.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    This. ↑ A woman was recently convicted to a prison sentence over here — I think it was two or three years — for having slapped her kid.
    I think a good robot could have raised me better. As long as I had my siblings with me.

Yepper I believe it. I gotta laugh. My entire family, and there's like herds of them, paternally and maternally, on both sides that would be serving multiple life sentences.

I have on cousin out of dozen who wasn't spanked and he died shortly after he was released from prison of an OD.

Back then random family brats were pulled aside for a spanking, a slap, a shake for Bratile behavior; you didn't have to belong to the adult in question. Teachers could spank you.

A spank, a swat or slap which was usually for smart mouths and back talk was somehow confused for abuse, or literally beating the shit out of a kid or using your hands and fists as the only means to communicate with your kids. Unless you have actually reared children no one realizes the animal states they can go into. It used to be appropriate to slap an adult to snap them out of hysteric emotional shock as well as children but now apparently its better to let them become brain chemical junkies.

Even a maternalistic society like a wolf pack knows a nip is merited if the pups are going to be functional members of a society. Animals discipline their off spring but we can't. This time of year I can sit outside and watch all sorts of animals and birds correcting their offspring but we aren't supposed to.

There's still parents who spank and you can tell the difference between who has had a swat and who hasn't.
    Seriously, I always found my daughter's 'animal states' as amusing. It is the natural process where children must learn to regulate their own feelings. Why punish a child for being a young human. It's ridiculous. We need to love our children and let society do its worst to f*ck them up. We are their protectors not judges, juries and executioners.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks

slap a cop and if you survive it, see what happens. Think about that from the perspective of social values and the nature of the people that hold them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    I think a good robot could have raised me better. As long as I had my siblings with me.
    Lol. I am beginning to think one already did. Why does it matter if the robot is good or bad if children are supposed to be allowed to act like wild animals anyway?

Your post could have paraphrased from the SummerHill method of parenting circa mid 1970's.

Seriously, I always found my daughter's 'animal states' as amusing. It is the natural process where children must learn to regulate their own feelings. Why punish a child for being a young human. It's ridiculous. We need to love our children and let society do its worst to f*ck them up. We are their protectors not judges, juries and executioners.

I totally believe you. But ...

I have a distinct impression that you wouldn't find it the least amusing if some few of us here, set aside the polite trappings of civilization and treated you in a beastly fashion that you found so amusing in your daughter. WE could chuckle and say its because of our playful inner child. I suspect you wouldn't like that at all. Inner children and playful young humans are not created equal.

And what you are describing is a form of neglect. Not just of the child but all the way around.

I note that the interests of society (other people) is left out of the equation and it's all about the feelings of the child. Feelings are chemicals, feelings are for experiencing life. They are important but they are not most important and to most effective they have to be balanced by other human and humane factors. Like reason, thinking, respect for others.

The thing is when they are in that state they are not a child. They revert to animal states just like adult members of Antifa do. Or roid monsters do in a gym. It's disconcerting to know that people raise their kids without really knowing what is going on inside of their heads or their brain chemistry.

There's a reason why society hasn't fucked up my kids:

Shockingly I did not find it funny when my emotionally "lively" youngest daughter wanted to exercise her young human-ness go screaming out into the middle of the expressway or throw rocks at the neighbors car, or went into hysterics when she wanted to stick her hand into the woodstove, or throw a great rowing tantrum so she could slide off the three-story roof, or kick her heels against the dairy bull sides and grab the penis of the neighbor's horse or call people names in the grocery store. She was not entitled to do any of that. That was not a precocious young human. Young humans have far better qualities than that. That is not Developmemt of their full or best potential to just allow them to do whatever.

Or when she dug her amusing little nails into my hands til it looked like I was crucified because I wouldn't let her run around the hood unsupervised and barefoot when was three and it was the middle of winter. Very cute, but no. There was her physical safety not just her feelings to be concerned with.

I had this weird mystical insight that she might one day, after she got past the age of maturing hay wire brain chemistry (the first puberty) she might want to play sports, or a musical instrument, be an artist, or excel in STEM subjects.

And that letting her precocious self 'regulate' her own processes when she's all of, what, four years old was not doing her any favors it was doing myself a favor. What I call abdicating responsibility as a parent, intellectual laziness and unfit parenting none of which was going to set a good foundation for her inherent gifts and potentials to be developed upon just a few years down the road. I curbed her and her feelings to make life easier for her not harder. Society doesn't hate her because she's not an obnoxious confused self absorbed brat so inspite of her Gen Z-Ness she end with a much easier time of it than the woke brigade.

That's discrimination. That's prejudice. That's not fair but it is JUST.

Yes indeedy it is and that's not a damn thing that can be done for it than to call people haters and Nazis.

YEs that does make me a hater/ Nazi/ abusive parent that I don't have child trained forever in the art of self victimhood, drug addiction or other coping mechanisms. That does make me guilty (abusive) of having respect for her personal safety, her future, her future wants and needs, respect for OTHER people (like in society), their personal safety, and OTHER PEOPLE's property not just her feelings or the freedom of self expression.

I know a better parent would have let her chew her way through the neighbor's fence and shit in their garden so her youthful freedom of self-expression wasn't impeded and impaired for when it came time to join Antifa and then she could fulfill the only potential left to her: crying in rage, getting arrested and burning down minority communities.

Sadly I forever crippled her from being woke. And basically society finds her a pleasure or at least not a nuisance or a liability.

Not being of an age to know what reason is or respond to it, when she got all worked up by not being able to exercise her entitlement (and I have no idea where that came from) a couple brisk smacks pretty much taught her to respect herself, other people, and their property. I didn't have to exercise the hand very long. As far as her moods, as long as she wasn't destroying herself, or someone else or their property she was feel to free in whatever animal or young human way she wanted but out of sight in her angry room because she wasn't exposing anyone else to her rages.

She found out quickly how wallowing in emotions was boring, and seemingly stupid and it all depended on how much attention the parental unit invested in it. I'd say she was in the angry room at the most ever maybe 10 minutes.

The End.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2023), Aragorn (25th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 7,282 Posts
    Somehow now the discussion got into parenting. I don't remember ever being physically slapped or spanked by my parents and I probably would have been shocked if I was. I am not sure, but there could have been some minor physical chastisement. Being the sensitive child I was I remember that I started crying just for some strong words or if I was just grabbed. Overall I think my parents did a good job although life as a child of the "Depression" wasn't always easy. I got to witness the issues or addictions my parents were dealing with too.

My father's father was unusual as at time he was adamant that their children are not physically spanked or hit. Nor did he demand that my father's long hair should be cut which he was growing until he had to go to military and cut it. Despite that my father got to experience a lot of violence in his youth, not because he was violent but because other boys were and he was outgoing a lot more and had to defend himself. In that sense I'm very different and feels that the generation gap is massive because I've never even punched anyone.

I didn't grow up to be a spoiled one either, I was just last of the three brothers. I never accepted potty training and I have no memory of this, but my mother says that I demanded to get onto the toilet and she had hold me in a sitting position when I was still young enough to fall into the toilet. Also I spat out pacifiers and never used them and there were other problems with using certain clothes and eating many foods. I suspect now that it was due to my sensitivity which relates to physical sensations.

I'm glad my parents didn't just force or smacked me into accepting their way of doing things like they did with my brothers. My older brother was a much more challenging case and my parents did get more angry and physical with him, but he was challenging them a lot. Although I was stubborn I was never actually purposefully challenging and I don't think I was a difficult child. Just more sensitive. I could have become a resentful and hateful or even more traumatized person had I been forced to do something, especially violently. Even then my father's manner of handling things did get me annoyed, but that's just his personality. I don't really believe in forcing things either. I know nothing about raising children, but I assume you have to have love and boundaries or rules. These days parenting has changed and people pay too little attention to their children and that's not a good thing. My older brother grew up to be a good father with his children.
    Last edited by Wind, 26th April 2023 at 15:59.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (26th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2023), Fred Steeves (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    Lol. I am beginning to think one already did. Why does it matter if the robot is good or bad if children are supposed to be allowed to act like wild animals anyway?

Your post could have paraphrased from the SummerHill method of parenting circa mid 1970's.

I totally believe you. But ...

I have a distinct impression that you wouldn't find it the least amusing if some few of us here, set aside the polite trappings of civilization and treated you in a beastly fashion that you found so amusing in your daughter. WE could chuckle and say its because of our playful inner child. I suspect you wouldn't like that at all. Inner children and playful young humans are not created equal.

And what you are describing is a form of neglect. Not just of the child but all the way around.

I note that the interests of society (other people) is left out of the equation and it's all about the feelings of the child. Feelings are chemicals, feelings are for experiencing life. They are important but they are not most important and to most effective they have to be balanced by other human and humane factors. Like reason, thinking, respect for others.

The thing is when they are in that state they are not a child. They revert to animal states just like adult members of Antifa do. Or roid monsters do in a gym. It's disconcerting to know that people raise their kids without really knowing what is going on inside of their heads or their brain chemistry.

There's a reason why society hasn't fucked up my kids:

Shockingly I did not find it funny when my emotionally "lively" youngest daughter wanted to exercise her young human-ness go screaming out into the middle of the expressway or throw rocks at the neighbors car, or went into hysterics when she wanted to stick her hand into the woodstove, or throw a great rowing tantrum so she could slide off the three-story roof, or kick her heels against the dairy bull sides and grab the penis of the neighbor's horse or call people names in the grocery store. She was not entitled to do any of that. That was not a precocious young human. Young humans have far better qualities than that. That is not Developmemt of their full or best potential to just allow them to do whatever.

Or when she dug her amusing little nails into my hands til it looked like I was crucified because I wouldn't let her run around the hood unsupervised and barefoot when was three and it was the middle of winter. Very cute, but no. There was her physical safety not just her feelings to be concerned with.

I had this weird mystical insight that she might one day, after she got past the age of maturing hay wire brain chemistry (the first puberty) she might want to play sports, or a musical instrument, be an artist, or excel in STEM subjects.

And that letting her precocious self 'regulate' her own processes when she's all of, what, four years old was not doing her any favors it was doing myself a favor. What I call abdicating responsibility as a parent, intellectual laziness and unfit parenting none of which was going to set a good foundation for her inherent gifts and potentials to be developed upon just a few years down the road. I curbed her and her feelings to make life easier for her not harder. Society doesn't hate her because she's not an obnoxious confused self absorbed brat so inspite of her Gen Z-Ness she end with a much easier time of it than the woke brigade.

That's discrimination. That's prejudice. That's not fair but it is JUST.

Yes indeedy it is and that's not a damn thing that can be done for it than to call people haters and Nazis.

YEs that does make me a hater/ Nazi/ abusive parent that I don't have child trained forever in the art of self victimhood, drug addiction or other coping mechanisms. That does make me guilty (abusive) of having respect for her personal safety, her future, her future wants and needs, respect for OTHER people (like in society), their personal safety, and OTHER PEOPLE's property not just her feelings or the freedom of self expression.

I know a better parent would have let her chew her way through the neighbor's fence and shit in their garden so her youthful freedom of self-expression wasn't impeded and impaired for when it came time to join Antifa and then she could fulfill the only potential left to her: crying in rage, getting arrested and burning down minority communities.

Sadly I forever crippled her from being woke. And basically society finds her a pleasure or at least not a nuisance or a liability.

Not being of an age to know what reason is or respond to it, when she got all worked up by not being able to exercise her entitlement (and I have no idea where that came from) a couple brisk smacks pretty much taught her to respect herself, other people, and their property. I didn't have to exercise the hand very long. As far as her moods, as long as she wasn't destroying herself, or someone else or their property she was feel to free in whatever animal or young human way she wanted but out of sight in her angry room because she wasn't exposing anyone else to her rages.

She found out quickly how wallowing in emotions was boring, and seemingly stupid and it all depended on how much attention the parental unit invested in it. I'd say she was in the angry room at the most ever maybe 10 minutes.

The End.
    Honestly, that doesn't sound too bad, BUT, it is the difference between discipline and self-discipline. My daughter was the same and my method has endowed her with one of the strongest characters that I have ever personally known and it doesn't amuse me, it nearly awes me when I compare her to myself. Sad truth is much research demonstrates that externally imposed discipline merely makes a compliant human when within sight of the source of discipline.

I went to a Catholic school, discipline, hell yes...spanking hell yes (especially me)...shaming, hell yes. When my group and those before and after me left that school, we were all screwed up messes. Any social more you can invoke was broken with great relish. We lived like the Roman god Bacchus. My dad, 'whip' not 'spank' first and ask questions later, hell yes. I'm fortunate that I didn't spend time in prison. It all just left me hopelessly scarred. Later, I realized I wasn't satisfying myself and changed paths. But my misspent youth left deficits that no amount of 'will' could overcome. When we miss windows of opportunity oftentimes they are gone for good. And that is the problem. A 'better' approach mitigates those 'normal' growing pains that to one degree or another we all experience and can constrain us from being optimal or Optimus Prime if you prefer.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (26th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Somehow now the discussion got into parenting. I don't remember ever being physically slapped or spanked by my parents and I probably would have been shocked if I was. I am not sure, but there could have been some minor physical chastisement. Being the sensitive child I was I remember that I started crying just for some strong words or if I was just grabbed. Overall I think my parents did a good job although life as a child of the "Depression" wasn't always easy. I got to witness the issues or addictions my parents were dealing with too.

My father's father was unusual as at time he was adamant that their children are not physically spanked or hit. Nor did he demand that my father's long hair should be cut which he was growing until he had to go to military and cut it. Despite that my father got to experience a lot of violence in his youth, not because he was violent but because other boys were and he was outgoing a lot more and had to defend himself. In that sense I'm very different and feels that the generation gap is massive because I've never even punched anyone.

I didn't grow up to be a spoiled one either, I was just last of the three brothers. I never accepted potty training and I have no memory of this, but my mother says that I demanded to get onto the toilet and she had hold me in a sitting position when I was still young enough to fall into the toilet. Also I spat out pacifiers and never used them and there were other problems with using certain clothes and eating many foods. I suspect now that it was due to my sensitivity which relates to physical sensations.

I'm glad my parents didn't just force or smacked me into accepting their way of doing things like they did with my brothers. My older brother was a much more challenging case and my parents did get more angry and physical with him, but he was challenging them a lot. Although I was stubborn I was never actually purposefully challenging and I don't think I was a difficult child. Just more sensitive. I could have become a resentful and hateful or even more traumatized person had I been forced to do something, especially violently. Even then my father's manner of handling did get me annoyed, but that's just his personality. I don't really believing in forcing things either. I know nothing about raising children, but I assume you have to have love and boundaries or rules. These days parenting has changed and people pay too little attention to their children and that's not a good thing.
    The word of the day wind: THRIVE ... In my mind it is the heart of the issue.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (26th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    Being a sensitive child where strong words served enough there was no reason to spank you and you are fortunate that your parents recognized that your temperament didn't require it. Being more sensitive you didn't have that animal response mechanism that lots of kids have that's due to their inherent temperament. It's not that its bad but its harmful to them if not managed just as sensitive children would be harmed if they were not managed properly and spanked arbitrarily. Kids like that end up stupidly successful, in jail or with a lifetime of emotional problems. Lots of parents don't have it in their craw to manage a strong-willed child. I think they call them ADD kids and drug them these days. Which sort of demonstrates my point. They aren't bad or evil children, they are mismanaged children even if they are from the very best of homes. It's when they get to be adults you have to look out because they end up being children in the body of a grown up.

In that sense I'm very different and feels that the generation gap is massive because I've never even punched anyone.
    Can I presume you were an only child?
    Last edited by Wind, 26th April 2023 at 16:11.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    slap a cop and if you survive it, see what happens. Think about that from the perspective of social values and the nature of the people that hold them.
    Curious though you should bring that up. Cops are an institution unto themselves. But somehow this is an undesirable institution, even though it's a state institution. Why is it wrong that this state institution is out on the road parenting us?

My survival rate is improved 100 percent if I am not arbitrarily, emotionally, or physical violent with anyone. If anyone is arbitrarily, physically violent with me, their survival rate plummets considerably. It's up to them.

For what reason would I slap a cop? I don't have the right to slap anyone arbitrarily. That's woke philosophy: I may hit or strike anyone I want in the frustration with myself.

It's not my role to discipline a cop, they aren't my kids. Thats a fail fail fail situation where I would be seeking an abuser to prove I'm a poor poor woke victim of society. If there wasn't an abuser present, I'd have to slap one in order to create one.

I could go into town and ask Nate (our cop) what would happen if I slapped him. He'd say he'd arrest me. It's a redundant question. I already know what would happen if I arbitrarily slap Nate. Cops aren't easy to slap in the first place because they have had training in martial defense so its a stupid effort a self serving effort that might lend some sort of temporary emotional gratification and get me a lot of attention but is self harming in the long run.

Thats why you see so many woke victims sobbing and bawling as they flail against authoritarian figures who are holding them at a distance (like bullies?) while the woke thrash and sob and try to hit, all the while screaming about hate and violence and Nazis while a cop placidly stands there making sure they don't hurt themselves or anyone else.

Until LEO get fed up dealing with this nonsense 24/7 and then snap.

We get fed up with five minutes of woke behavior I can't imagine having to babysit that shite 24/7. I'd go insane too, herding adult babies, making sure they don't hurt themselves or anyone else. We have lots of former city cops in the area and that's why they retreated to rural patrol. To get away from the violence of wokeness that seems to find a better nesting place in cities and suburban areas. But in the sticks here, cops are our neighbors, they are not remote strangers driving around arresting people so I'm sure that makes a big difference in perception than those who live in suburban or urban areas. Our cops are not Cops, they are Nate and Brian and Sheila.

Sorry I'm not taking that sort of unwise advice. People who do that are trying to make a point or be Milquetoast imagining themselves to be a hero or are begging someone to be an abuser so they can play victim. Usually and almost always the latter. People without any sort of self-authority will always hate authoritarian constructs.

How much authority does a cop have over you on a daily basis. Probably zero. It's mostly in people's heads who brood and simmer about the authority of cops.

Encounters with them are usually random and almost always because we've drawn attention to ourselves as if flaunting their authority is some act of empowerment. It's fatal attraction. People with self-authority have zero interest in flinging themselves against the badge and don't attract that sort of attention in the first place. None of this is going on in reality only in their heads.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Honestly, that doesn't sound too bad, BUT, it is the difference between discipline and self-discipline. My daughter was the same and my method has endowed her with one of the strongest characters that I have ever personally known and it doesn't amuse me, it nearly awes me when I compare her to myself. Sad truth is much research demonstrates that externally imposed discipline merely makes a compliant human when within sight of the source of discipline.
    So basically you are saying that perhaps you did a better job than an institution could have? I'm glad.

There's no difference between discipline and self discipline. The former teaches the latter. Children are not analytical enough to self-discipline mentally or emotionally. Respecting the child means respecting their level of development and limitations.

I went to a Catholic school, discipline, hell yes..
    There it is. That's where this enchantment/ disenchantment with institutions come from.

spanking hell yes (especially me)...shaming, hell yes.
    Correction is supposed to instill a sense of shame, so we feel guilty or ashamed when we have wronged someone. A sense of humility, not humiliation. Beatings are to humiliate.

Personally though I think the spankings or beatings were preferable than the emotional violence vomited up 24/7. Spankings end, the constant purge of self-loathing my mother vomited up all over us never seemed to end. That is so prevalent among women now, and no matter how much work I do on myself it makes me a little nauseous to see women doing that to themselves to this day. And they have taught men to do it as if that is some sort of healthy activity called getting in touch with your feminine side. It's nearly wiped out healthy masculinity.

Authentic shame and guilt is almost entirely absent from human interaction these days as the institute of a digital and screen mentality takes over. But we like to hammer it into people who admit to being flawed human. Its a very sick dynamic.

Shame is something today's kids have no knowledge of so they think they are right about everything. None of their violent behaviors promote a sense of shame or guilt let alone apology within them. So many kids are 'anxious or have anxiety' these days. That's when you need to ask them 'What are you ashamed or feeling guilty about? " It may or may not be something they have done or at fault but its important that's resolved.

When my group and those before and after me left that school, we were all screwed up messes.
    Yes well institutions of any sort do that to you and in en masse.

Any social more you can invoke was broken with great relish.
    Fascinating. It's like you were raised in a woke household.

We lived like the Roman god Bacchus.
    I know it well. Chaos, discord, drama and violence but none of the fun stuff like wine, women and song.

My dad, 'whip' not 'spank' first and ask questions later, hell yes.
    Yeah well not a shock you had a Caligula heading the Bacchanalia feast. That's not correction, or discipline it's abuse. Beating and physical violence as first choice to communicate with, rather than a spanking as a last resort when all other means of communication have failed to get through the emotional stonewalling a non analytical or unreasoning child has. None of that was about you that was all about your dad's rage and self loathing. People who want to hurt others are always entertaining some level of self loathing.

I'm fortunate that I didn't spend time in prison

You are fortunate. You were not discipline or corrected or spanked you were beaten. When that happens the animal self in kids grows stronger, not weaker.

It all just left me hopelessly scarred.
    But you aren't. It's hard to feel and be that way but its still just a belief we've told ourselves because that shit plays out over and over until its resolved reentrenching in the notion we are hopelessly scarred. All of UF theory is about rewiring yourself. Or getting rid of self limiting beliefs. Likely you have cPTSD as well.

But my misspent youth left deficits that no amount of 'will' could overcome

Will doesn't overcome anything, really, for anyone not just you. Ask anyone who tried to quit smoking and can't. We can't will or feel or think our way out of our own shit. There's other avenues but those aren't it. All of this damage occurs on the psychic level and its on the psychic, non material level that its fixed. My will power sucks as well, it was a good lesson to learn that there are other means besides will power which seems to fail us all the time.

When we miss windows of opportunity oftentimes they are gone for good.
    It depends on what they are. That's what the Unified Theory is all about, is creating the energy to get those opportunities back. Creating your own reality. That's another belief we have entrenched in us. WE are chocka blocka full of entrenched beleifs that are self limiting but that's all they are. A belief no matter how real they feel. At any moment you can stop entertaining the belief, pushing it away when it arises, stop wallowing in it over and over. Choice is ours.
    Last edited by Wind, 26th April 2023 at 16:12. Reason: Corrected quoting

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0In3V8NWxA

Remember this guy from What The Bleep Do We Know? Dr. Joe Dispenza.

Dispenza is all about rewiring without will using nonphysical means and most of it is done in the unified field or what some call the divine matrix. Its really simply an absence light your brain responds to and adjusts its wave length so its possible to be in that space. And its been stupidly successful and has some pretty immediate results that you can keep building on. I mean it takes some effort and willingness but he shows why previous methods of fixing ourselves--stuck emotions, beliefs-- have been incomplete. Most of the effective work is done within the unified field.

I have a subscription to this on Gaia but I think you can watch all the episodes on Youtube. Pretty interesting.

This meditation is very effective.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMrXK42m_FA

And it works better if you do at least the breathing portion of this everyday or every other day. It's a little harder to do the induction/ medication after huffing and puffing for 15 minutes though because you are kinda getting your body revved up. They aren't gentle breathes for relaxation they are determined to get rid of stuck emotions.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tZm0ur_jg

This one doesn't seem like it would be very helpful but it is. It treats the energy centers as if they were little minds of their own

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NTwyho35sY

He has some walking meditations that I would like to try. You induce yourself and then walk around in a meditative state.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 26th April 2023 at 14:16. Reason: fixed your videos :)

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    Can I presume you were an only child?
    No, as I wrote I was the last of the three brothers. Difference of ten to eight years.

We all were and are different, but my temperament was much more different.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    No, as I wrote I was the last of the three brothers. Difference of ten to eight years.

We all were and are different, but my temperament was much more different.
    Wow really? And none of you hit each other? Having a big age gap like that may have made the difference. I had a huge age gap too. My brothers and sisters never hit me but I was surrounded by nieces, nephews and cousins my age, so it was like Kung Foo Fighting all the time anyway. But once upon a time in America there was fighting and there was rough play until it was abolished. Apparently, the only difference between hitting and rough play was that someone started crying. Bleeding and injuries were permissible but not crying. Then an adult showed up and someone and lots of someones got hit.

That was gun control, bully control, woke control and all sorts of control all in one swell swoop. The world I lived in then didn't prepare me for the world I live in now. I used to have to be mean to someone to make them cry, hit them, or insult them or both.

Now I just have to get an expression on my face or say the wrong word.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

Thanks
    Wow really? And none of you hit each other?
    No, my parents would absolutely not have allowed that to happen.

However, in my mothers sisters case her sons were hitting each other and I've heard about and seen many similar cases. I always thought some boys were a bit too rough and "nuts", but then again I probably wasn't your average wild boy. Then some of those boys didn't seem to grow up to be very sane. My brother did tease me a little bit sometimes, but more than that he was mostly overprotective. Sometimes when my father was drinking when I was a teenager he wanted me to wrestle with him, but it was never anything else than playful. He was mildly annoying and I had just enough power to keep him at bay although he was much stronger.
    Last edited by Wind, 26th April 2023 at 19:02.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th April 2023), Aragorn (26th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (26th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2023)