Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Why Files

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Most people living other lives, then, now, or what we describe as the future are likely peasants. The whole, "I was a pharaoh, or a queen, or some other highly born or placed person seems a bit scammy to me, narcissistic or done for dramatic effect.
    Or a great leader of an alien military fleet who made a mistake and caused an entire planet to suffer for a million years. But he's been other great leaders as well.

I'll give you three guesses as to whom I am talking about. And no, it's not the one who claims to have been King Solomon.

Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post

Space doesn't have a smell, because space is (mostly) a vacuum. However, the smell that astronauts have reported after having gone for a spacewalk is real, and it comes from Earth-originated particles that were attached to their spacesuits and that their spacewalk in the vacuum of space caused to get unlodged to enough of an extent that, when brought back within the pressurized environment of the spaceship, those particles would detach and float around through the air inside the ship, in the vicinity of the spacesuits, leaving a distinct smell.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (4th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,202 Times in 11,965 Posts
    I think I was a slave pyramid builder.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (5th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Most people living other lives, then, now, or what we describe as the future are likely peasants. The whole, "I was a pharaoh, or a queen, or some other highly born or placed person seems a bit scammy to me, narcissistic or done for dramatic effect.
    I have a friend, very nice, very caring very spiritual person, who is convinced she's Mary Magadelene. But she also argues with the inhouse Alexan and calls her an evil bitch and literally the device won't respond to her anymore. But she can't reconcile that's dozens, hundreds and thousands of women also think they are reincarnations of Mary Magdelene. So I posed a spiritually quantum theory to her. What if we shed a body of memories, they are cast out into the universe as particles of energy, maybe portions of the soul in the afterlife and those memories are energy and one is attracted to it for whatever reason. Because they need to know that energy? And so we assume that energy during our carnate life and we experience memories as a sort of learning experience, without having to actually be the repeat authentic version of that person. Wouldn't the memories and knowledge and experience suffice? You wouldn't have to be a reincarnation of the person to get the benefit of their wisdom.

I heard that somewhere and it sorta explained why so many people think they are some significant historical personage or spiritual figure.

She didn't like the idea of not being the actual Mary Magdalene but she still can't reconcile how come there's so many versions running around. I believe in reincarnation but parallel lives and existing simultaneously in different universes is actually something I experienced so it seems more real to me.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (4th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    I have a friend, very nice, very caring very spiritual person, who is convinced she's Mary Magadelene. But she also argues with the inhouse Alexan and calls her an evil bitch and literally the device won't respond to her anymore. But she can't reconcile that's dozens, hundreds and thousands of women also think they are reincarnations of Mary Magdelene.
    What, not Joan of Arc? Oh, if I had a penny...

So I posed a spiritually quantum theory to her. What if we shed a body of memories, they are cast out into the universe as particles of energy, maybe portions of the soul in the afterlife and those memories are energy and one is attracted to it for whatever reason. Because they need to know that energy? And so we assume that energy during our carnate life and we experience memories as a sort of learning experience, without having to actually be the repeat authentic version of that person. Wouldn't the memories and knowledge and experience suffice? You wouldn't have to be a reincarnation of the person to get the benefit of their wisdom.
    That is, in my opinion, probably how it works, yes.

At the most fundamental level, all is one, and the memories of one individual can easily become some ingrained "past life" recollection of another and completely unrelated individual, like a kind of telepathic noosphere that spirits in the afterlife can tap into.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (4th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,202 Times in 11,965 Posts
    I have a friend, very nice, very caring very spiritual person, who is convinced she's Mary Magadelene. But she also argues with the inhouse Alexan and calls her an evil bitch and literally the device won't respond to her anymore. But she can't reconcile that's dozens, hundreds and thousands of women also think they are reincarnations of Mary Magdelene. So I posed a spiritually quantum theory to her. What if we shed a body of memories, they are cast out into the universe as particles of energy, maybe portions of the soul in the afterlife and those memories are energy and one is attracted to it for whatever reason. Because they need to know that energy? And so we assume that energy during our carnate life and we experience memories as a sort of learning experience, without having to actually be the repeat authentic version of that person. Wouldn't the memories and knowledge and experience suffice? You wouldn't have to be a reincarnation of the person to get the benefit of their wisdom.

I heard that somewhere and it sorta explained why so many people think they are some significant historical personage or spiritual figure.

She didn't like the idea of not being the actual Mary Magdalene but she still can't reconcile how come there's so many versions running around. I believe in reincarnation but parallel lives and existing simultaneously in different universes is actually something I experienced so it seems more real to me.
    That's an really interesting theory and makes sense on a number of levels. We are all one interconnected consciousness. We are all Mary Magdalene, some just have their antennae attuned to her quantum vibe in a current incarnation? Perhaps in another, she is St. Joseph, ostensibly when she might be a he? I like it.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    That's an really interesting theory and makes sense on a number of levels. We are all one interconnected consciousness. We are all Mary Magdalene, some just have their antennae attuned to her quantum vibe in a current incarnation? Perhaps in another, she is St. Joseph, ostensibly when she might be a he? I like it.
    You're just saying that because you like trannies.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    What, not Joan of Arc? Oh, if I had a penny...
    I wonder if that was the precursor to all these trends of people trying on new identities. My nieces tell me that even out here in CowHorn USA there's kids at her school who think they are animals. They are transanimal and identify with being cats and dogs. Furries they are called. And they want litter boxes in the class room.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 4th April 2023 at 23:10. Reason: repairerated your quotationing bracketses :p

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    I wonder if that was the precursor to all these trends of people trying on new identities. My nieces tell me that even out here in CowHorn USA there's kids at her school who think they are animals. They are transanimal and identify with being cats and dogs. Furries they are called. And they want litter boxes in the class room.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (5th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,526 Times in 7,298 Posts
    I've heard about the furries and the Otherkin way back... Jesus. Now, someone might say that's a mental malaise and I probably wouldn't count that out, but sometimes I wonder what the heck is going on especially in America. Although bear in mind that perhaps some souls have an affinity towards very far into their past. I often have fox or wolf avatar because I'm into canine symbolism and our shamanistic spirit animals and I of course love dogs, but I'm not any furry. I don't necessarily so much identify as a human, I just happen to be one.

Soul as we know it evolves from pure spirit or ether to mineral, mineral to plant, plant to animal, eventually from domesticated animal to human. We have animal bodies and we come from animals, the point is that we are not anymore animals because we have a higher cognition and higher purpose. Some might get stuck with identifying with the old forms, just an idea that has come to my mind. Regarding other kinds of dysphorias, I think it often if not always originates on the soul level and it has to do with confusion regarding the past.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (5th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I've heard about the furries and the Otherkin way back... Jesus. Now, someone might say that's a mental malaise and I probably wouldn't count that out, but sometimes I wonder what the heck is going on especially in America. Although bear in mind that perhaps some souls have an affinity towards very far into their past. I often have fox or wolf avatar because I'm into canine symbolism and our shamanistic spirit animals and I of course love dogs, but I'm not any furry. I don't necessarily so much identify as a human, I just happen to be one.

Soul as we know it evolves from pure spirit or ether to mineral, mineral to plant, plant to animal, eventually from domesticated animal to human. We have animal bodies and we come from animals, the point is that we are not anymore animals because we have a higher cognition and higher purpose. Some might get stuck with identifying with the old forms, just an idea that has come to my mind. Regarding other kinds of dysphorias, I think it often if not always originates on the soul level and it has to do with confusion regarding the past.
    Personally, I think there's a much more mundane explanation. I think it's simply a matter of no longer having the mental acuity to know oneself, and/or insanity — the latter becoming a really significant affliction in our western society these days.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (5th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Personally, I think there's a much more mundane explanation. I think it's simply a matter of no longer having the mental acuity to know oneself, and/or insanity — the latter becoming a really significant affliction in our western society these days.
    You could be right. If you are truly confused about yourself and your own identity then chaos ensues. At worst neurosis and psychosis.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023), Octopus Garden (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    You could be right. If you are truly confused about yourself and your own identity then chaos ensues. At worst neurosis and psychosis.
    It's also a given — and statistically proven once again only recently — that I.Q. scores have been dropping significantly over the past two decades.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's also a given — and statistically proven once again only recently — that I.Q. scores have been dropping significantly over the past two decades.
    Fluoride in the water?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Or a great leader of an alien military fleet who made a mistake and caused an entire planet to suffer for a million years. But he's been other great leaders as well.

I'll give you three guesses as to whom I am talking about. And no, it's not the one who claims to have been King Solomon.

Space doesn't have a smell, because space is (mostly) a vacuum. However, the smell that astronauts have reported after having gone for a spacewalk is real, and it comes from Earth-originated particles that were attached to their spacesuits and that their spacewalk in the vacuum of space caused to get unlodged to enough of an extent that, when brought back within the pressurized environment of the spaceship, those particles would detach and float around through the air inside the ship, in the vicinity of the spacesuits, leaving a distinct smell.
    And who might that reincarnated soul be, the one who messed over an entire planet for a million years?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Aragorn (4th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)

Thanks
    Fluoride in the water?
    Who knows?

And who might that reincarnated soul be, the one who messed over an entire planet for a million years?
    Why, the Bwana from Ghana™Gio) of course!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2023)