Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pluto is now in Aquarius first time in 248 years

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    On optimism.

When I was young I was afraid of death and didn't believe in an afterlife. After much agonizing I realized that absent all evidence either in support of or against an afterlife, the best position to take was agnosticism.

But then, I realized, maintaining agnosticism on this topic was impossible, as the subconscious sees things in black and white. So, I wwould have to be consciously focused on maintaining a neutral stance to overcome that ingrained bias.

Had I not chosen to believe, I wouldn't have been open to or even been aware of Raymond Moody's original work on Near Death Experience. After I read his books, I realized no 'belief' was required, that there was evidence for it.

So my choice to believe in life after death and how I reasoned it out, shows basic optimism.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2023), Aragorn (26th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    On optimism.

When I was young I was afraid of death and didn't believe in an afterlife. After much agonizing I realized that absent all evidence either in support of or against an afterlife, the best position to take was agnosticism.

But then, I realized, maintaining agnosticism on this topic was impossible, as the subconscious sees things in black and white. So, I wwould have to be consciously focused on maintaining a neutral stance to overcome that ingrained bias.

Had I not chosen to believe, I wouldn't have been open to or even been aware of Raymond Moody's original work on Near Death Experience. After I read his books, I realized no 'belief' was required, that there was evidence for it.

So my choice to believe in life after death and how I reasoned it out, shows basic optimism.
    I'm impressed that you were able to make that transition. You are right, belief is almost irrelevant, what matters is faith.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2023), Aragorn (26th March 2023), Octopus Garden (26th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,483 Times in 7,285 Posts
    A leap of faith can make all the difference and eventually knowledge becomes direct knowing through experience also.

Sometimes I wonder and am saddened as to why my older brother became an agnostic yet I know everyone has their own path.

As a teenager he told me he thinks God is everything. My developing mind at the time didn't fully comprehend the meaning of it.

His sign is Scorpio, Moon and rising in Sagittarius which is my mother's sign. Would you like to take a look at his chart, Chuckie?
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2023), Aragorn (26th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th March 2023), Octopus Garden (26th March 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    A leap of faith can make all the difference and eventually knowledge becomes direct knowing through experience also.

Sometimes I wonder and am saddened as to why my older brother became an agnostic yet I know everyone has their own path.

As a teenager he told me he thinks God is everything. My developing mind at the time didn't fully comprehend the meaning of it.

His sign is Scorpio, Moon and rising in Sagittarius which is my mother's sign. Would you like to take a look at his chart, Chuckie?
    yeah, and I would say that Sagittarians have a tendency to start life with great faith and then over time become agnostic. I grilled my sister-in-law on faith just awhile back (She's a Sagittarian). Conversely, I have seen that happen in reverse, which is what I am hoping for my daughter.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th March 2023), Octopus Garden (28th July 2023), Wind (26th March 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    yeah, and I would say that Sagittarians have a tendency to start life with great faith and then over time become agnostic.
    Not my mother. She's always been into Christianity and Christ although her parents weren't that religious.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (26th March 2023), Octopus Garden (28th July 2023)

Thanks
    Right, my sister-in-law said she still has faith just according to my brother not much interested in church going. My stepmother was an example of the former started faithfully and eventually said in effect God can't exist because he hasn't done anything for me.

I'll look at your brother's chart wind.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th March 2023), Octopus Garden (28th March 2023), Wind (26th March 2023)

Thanks
    I keep sometimes reading Reddit Astrology page and see interesting comments there.

I hope we see that liberation as well.

But I think Pluto in Aquarius could also have some darker issues as well. During Pluto in Aquarius, the USA Constitution and Bill of Rights was drafted yes. But the institution of slavery-the restriction of freedom, an Aquarian quality-was made official and sanctioned in the USA with the 3/5ths Compromise in that same time period. In one stroke, liberty and slavery were established in America. Yet across the sea in post-revolution France a few years later, the French took steps to abolish slavery and worked towards freedom as well.

Pluto demands tests and rebirth, at the risk of perversion and misuse. I wonder if we will see similar dilemmas like the Founding Fathers did with slavery? Will we see similar chaos with our relationship to the digital world? The internet is a connective Aquarian invention, which can be used to unite or enslave us with digital censorship and surveillance.

Aquarius also rules brotherhood and groups yes, but those same brotherhoods can be cults of religion and facism. As climate change and food crises increase, will we see a rise in tyrannical brotherhood like movements-for people looking for easy answers to the problems of a harsher world? Or will we see brotherhoods united in pursuit of freedom and human dignity?

One thing is for sure, we are going to see some major political upheavals and new ideas ushered. The traditional Capricorn in Pluto vs nontraditional Aquarius could not be any more different.
    I think we will see all of that which is mentioned there. (R)evolutions, the collective chaos and wars that come with and finally peace.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2023), Emil El Zapato (28th July 2023), Octopus Garden (28th July 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    I keep sometimes reading Reddit Astrology page and see interesting comments there.

I think we will see all of that which is mentioned there. (R)evolutions, the collective chaos and wars that come with and finally peace.
    Excellent Wind. What an articulate and discerning way the author has of describing what could easily play out. It already is, in a way!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2023), Emil El Zapato (28th July 2023), Wind (28th July 2023)

Thanks
    Interesting take here. I would want to share her optimism and it'd be wonderful if everyone would just join together to sing kumbaya, but I just don't quite see that happening. There's too much pressure building, too much unresolved collective karma. Tensions in USA and between USA, Russia and China. The pressure will be relieved and Pluto might not make it very pleasant, only after that in the 2030's things could be nice, but the question is if it would have been after a big conflict. Something brings down the old structures and Pluto wields it's sword and says; "off with his head". I'd love to be wrong though. I suppose we'll see what revolutions truly will mean.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZsPtQ2dSDw

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th September 2023), Octopus Garden (25th September 2023)

Thanks
    Interesting take here. I would want to share her optimism and it'd be wonderful if everyone would just join together to sing kumbaya, but I just don't quite see that happening. There's too much pressure building, too much unresolved collective karma. Tensions in USA and between USA, Russia and China. The pressure will be relieved and Pluto might not make it very pleasant, only after that in the 2030's things could be nice, but the question is if it would have been after a big conflict. Something brings down the old structures and Pluto wields it's sword and says; "off with his head". I'd love to be wrong though. I suppose we'll see what revolutions truly will mean.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZsPtQ2dSDw
    hmm, that's not what I see at all...I see more conflict for 40 years and then 20 years of 'insanity' during the 'real' transition at which point there will be a reaping of the effort. But it will be a continued 'upward' motion regarding social consciousness. Actually, I'm disappointed to see this, I was hoping it was going to be sooner.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th September 2023), Wind (25th September 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    I see more conflict for 40 years and then 20 years of 'insanity' during the 'real' transition at which point there will be a reaping of the effort.
    Well your view is even more pessimistic than mine. I don't think humanity has 40 years left to spend on conflict anymore, not even 20.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th September 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th September 2023), Octopus Garden (25th September 2023)

Thanks
    Well your view is even more pessimistic than mine. I don't think humanity has 40 years left to spend on conflict anymore, not even 20.
    lol, we'll make it and you will get to see it....

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th September 2023), Octopus Garden (25th September 2023), Wind (25th September 2023)

Thanks
    Pluto in Aquarius: the Evolution of Society and Technology

Pluto in Aquarius 2023 – 2044

"Pluto takes about 248 years to transit the whole zodiac and he’s been visiting with Capricorn since 2008. Pluto will transit Aquarius from 2023 to 2044, spending about 18 and a half years there in total, with a few dips in and out at either end. It promises to be a challenging and revolutionary time that will turn society upside down. Here are the dates for your diary:

• Enters Aquarius on 23 March 2023
    • Retrogrades into Capricorn on 11 June 2023
    • Re-enters Aquarius on 21 January 2024
    • Final visit to Capricorn from 1 September 2024
    • Enters Aquarius to stay from 19 November 2024
    • Dips into Pisces on 9 March 2043
    • Final visit to Aquarius on 31 August 2043
    • Enters Pisces to stay on 19 January 2044

Whatever happens in the coming years, we can be sure there’ll be no sudden shift into a liberal and progressive paradise of freedom and equality. And we won’t be jetting off to Mars or popping to the Moon for a weekend break anytime soon.

Aquarius is a tricky sign and prone to being misrepresented and viewed through rose-tinted New Age specs (with heart-shaped lenses). It represents our need to reform society by introducing new ideas and working together in friendship to create greater freedom. As an outsider, Aquarius takes an objective view so it can make theories and plans for change. But that doesn’t mean the theories are correct or that they’ll even work in practice.

Aquarius isn’t as objective as it thinks it is and can get caught in groupthink and fanaticism. Despite proclaiming its love of humanity, it has serious issues with messy human stuff like feelings and the body. And that means its shadow side gets pretty murky. More here: Aquarius Myths

When Pluto enters Aquarius we can expect the desire for reform and revolution to grow, especially in the areas of science and technology and how society is organised. But first, all the problems with these things will have to come to the surface. We have to be aware of what needs to be changed, and why, before we can figure out what to do about it.

And that requires self-knowledge – the one thing we suck at. Pluto in Aquarius will probably make that painfully clear.

It’s time for us to figure out what it means to be human and how to live together on this planet without fighting over everything. Aquarius is future-oriented and wants to make society, and the future, a better place. But before you can do that, you have to understand who you are and why you’re here.

These are big questions and they require bigger answers than we’re currently giving them. The meaning of life isn’t to be found in the latest app or overblown promises about our shiny new future in the stars. Many things will change over the coming years and we can expect our relationship with technology to be radically transformed, but probably not in the ways we’re imagining now.

We have too much faith in technology and believe it can solve all our problems and save us from ourselves. We assume certain developments are inevitable, a sign of progress, without ever considering whether they’re necessary. We may start out aiming to improve life but then discover the unintended consequences of technological development create even more problems.

This appears to be driven by the myth of progress and the idea that we can somehow escape the laws of nature and death. It’s a religious urge: the desire for apotheosis via technology instead of via God. This creates distortions, such as the transhumanist fantasy of solving the problem of human nature by turning it into a machine. Or using technology to mimic capacities we have naturally, such as telepathy and empathy.

Obviously, technology doesn’t have to be used in these unbalanced ways. We don’t have to reject science and technology completely – they’re not the real problem. It’s our attitude and our thinking that needs to change.

Our current attitude is infantilising and based on the Robot Butler fantasy where you get to sit on your arse and be waited on like an aristocrat (or child). This may be fun for a while, but it makes you dependent on a technology (and science) that you don’t understand and can’t control. It also makes you passive and easy to manipulate – hence the attraction to this fantasy in the ‘powers that be.’

This technocratic worldview isn’t going to survive much longer. It’s already running up against natural limits and over the coming decade it’ll probably implode. Pluto in Aquarius is likely to dredge all the corruption in science to the surface and reveal the fantasy behind our technological obsessions. It will also reveal the dark side of technology – wars fought via screens, drones and robots, biotech and DNA. Read this article on the military roots of the internet for more: The Secret History of Silicon Valley

At best, we could see an increase in open source technology and a decentralised internet that overcomes the problems of surveillance and loss of privacy. There could be more interest in low tech solutions for communities with greater self-sufficiency, sharing resources, repairing and recycling – networked and run by the people for the people, rather than through top-down hierarchical bureaucracies.

At worst, we could see greater control of the individual and society in a digital dystopia run by algorithms. But it won’t last long. It’ll shake itself apart and implode under the weight of its own madness and inherent contradictions. It also won’t go unchallenged and we should see a rising tide of people fighting to overthrow the old order and reject that kind of dehumanising control.

As well as dredging the useless old crap out of the system, Pluto in Aquarius could trigger breakthroughs and new ideas in science. We may finally see the back of the Big Bang Theory and the nonsense of dark matter. Plasma physics and new theories of consciousness could radically alter how we see reality, providing solutions we can’t even imagine now.

There’s a connection between the type of physics a culture uses and what it believes about reality. For example, if you see physics as being a closed system with finite energy, it determines how you create energy and manipulate matter. It leads to the extraction of resources to run a society based on debt that can never be paid. You’re always in arrears because the cost is projected into the future. It’s a system of slavery.

However, if you see consciousness as primary and physics as an open system, this gives rise to a radically different worldview and society – one free from debt and slavery. A breakthrough in some form of free energy would achieve this.

But don’t wait around for freedom to fall into your lap. Humanity needs to become more self-empowered and stop living like children/slaves – told what to do and where to go and what to think by algorithms and the people that code them. We need to stop handing our power over to people who don’t deserve it and corrupt everything they touch.

Pluto in Aquarius means the power shifts to the people and society at large, rather than a small group that dominates from the top down. But they won’t give up their power easily. That means things won’t change unless we change.

Then again, we might get bounced into changing by the environment, which could also separate the ‘elite’ from their power. We’re dependent on our technology and that makes us vulnerable to shocks, such as grid failures and extreme weather events. The total loss of our technology is highly likely, and becomes more likely as time goes by. More on that in the Uranus in Gemini post here.

Rather than assuming that every solution must be technological, we should be focusing our innovative energies on rethinking how we live together in society. Perhaps we’ll see a revolution in politics with new parties that represent the people rather than the ruling classes. This would mean that instead of using ‘power over’ to dominate and control, we would shift to ‘power with’ to empower individuals by working together in networks.

Society is made of individuals – like you! – so if you want to change society, you have to change yourself – and not at the behest of some technocrat! We need real inner change if we’re going to survive beyond the middle of this century."

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th January 2024), Emil El Zapato (24th January 2024), Octopus Garden (24th January 2024)