Thread: Propaganda is the New Narrative--Russia and Brexit

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts

Propaganda is the New Narrative--Russia and Brexit

This deserves a thread of its own. If not it can be moved.

There's an emphasis within the alternative community on the ongoing propaganda and covert action the American government engages in, and that's a good thing. But, it would be unwise to leave out other powers. China, for example, has the Epoch Times and God knows what kind of influence they have in the twitter-sphere!

But Russia, Russia, Russia. Yep. That's right. Russia. We'd be crazy to ignore what they are capable of and what kind of a hand they have played in Britain, for starters.

Thought I would leave this with everyone to read, if they are so inclined. Now, a person could call this propaganda, as well. I don't know. It's all smoke and mirrors, but worth looking at.

https://www.bylinesupplement.com/p/putins-brexit-coup

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd January 2023), Aragorn (3rd January 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd January 2023), modwiz (3rd January 2023), Wind (3rd January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Interesting 777th post Octy, ta

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd January 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd January 2023), modwiz (3rd January 2023), Octopus Garden (2nd January 2023), Wind (3rd January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    This deserves a thread of its own. If not it can be moved.

There's an emphasis within the alternative community on the ongoing propaganda and covert action the American government engages in, and that's a good thing. But, it would be unwise to leave out other powers. China, for example, has the Epoch Times and God knows what kind of influence they have in the twitter-sphere!

But Russia, Russia, Russia. Yep. That's right. Russia. We'd be crazy to ignore what they are capable of and what kind of a hand they have played in Britain, for starters.

Thought I would leave this with everyone to read, if they are so inclined. Now, a person could call this propaganda, as well. I don't know. It's all smoke and mirrors, but worth looking at.

https://www.bylinesupplement.com/p/putins-brexit-coup
    Well, I don't know how Epoch Times can be of China, it's by definition of its founders anti CCP.

"Russia, Russia, Russia" - I've seen much smoke and little fire over the now 7th year of ongoing Russia hysteria.

Not to say that these guys don't propagandize, of course they do; but IMO it pales in comparison to Western strategies, which necessarily require smoke and mirrors. It's the US running all around this planet with hair on fire "the enemy is everywhere!" mentality, and ensuing indoctrination aimed for Western eyes. I fail to see the vast influx of the other two great powers jockeying for that prime demographic. They don't need to.

It's a one horse rodeo for all intents and purposes.

The Epoch Times to me often comes across as "Fox and Friends" like - The link provided at the bottom? Any given episode of former MSNBC host Rachel Maddow.

They're both selling something, for somebody.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 3rd January 2023 at 02:45.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2023), Aragorn (3rd January 2023), Diabolical Boids (3rd January 2023), modwiz (3rd January 2023), Octopus Garden (3rd January 2023), Wind (3rd January 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    You're right it is an anti chinese thing--the Epoch Times. I don't blame Russia and China for wanting at least an equal share of dominance. A balancing of the scales might be a good thing. But am very wary of Russian support of Maga. Think that will land hard on American people.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2023), Aragorn (3rd January 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd January 2023), modwiz (3rd January 2023), Wind (3rd January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2023), Aragorn (3rd January 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd January 2023)