Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Why Files

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts

The Why Files

If this is watched one will understand why I chose this guy to start a thread. heh, heh, heh.

Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 24th March 2023 at 16:38.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Aragorn (24th March 2023), Octopus Garden (25th March 2023), Silly Wabbit (26th March 2023), Wind (24th March 2023)

Thanks

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Aragorn (24th March 2023), Octopus Garden (24th March 2023), Silly Wabbit (26th March 2023), Wind (24th March 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    So cool. Have been watching him for the last few months. Love 'Heckle Fish' Gives the podcast just the right light touch. Alternately serious, funny, curious. I like that he is a skeptic but NOT a debunker.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Aragorn (25th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th March 2023), Silly Wabbit (26th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Thanks
    true true, debunkers are phony jackasses...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Aragorn (25th March 2023), Diabolical Boids (25th March 2023), Octopus Garden (25th March 2023), Silly Wabbit (26th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    true true, debunkers are phony jackasses...
    That depends on what they're debunking. Over the years, I've already had to debunk quite a bit of nonsense that was posted here in the Shire.

(And over at La Casa del Sombrero™ too, but that didn't work out so well... )
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Diabolical Boids (25th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th March 2023), Octopus Garden (25th March 2023), Silly Wabbit (26th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    That depends on what they're debunking. Over the years, I've already had to debunk quite a bit of nonsense that was posted here in the Shire.

At least you have the decency to do the background research though, that is a critical difference.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Aragorn (25th March 2023), Octopus Garden (25th March 2023), Silly Wabbit (26th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts

It's important to distinguish between arbitrary debunking which most often happened at ....uh...La Casa del Sombrero ( ) and a skeptics logic and reason. Lots of skeptics are open minded and honestly curious about the subject matter but have serious questions about flaws in the subject matter. The debunker isn't. They tend towards knee jerk reactions to something that one doesn't like to hear or challenges their belief system without any sort of evidence to the contrary.

Casa del Sombrero . You all are on a roll this week

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Aragorn (25th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th March 2023), Octopus Garden (25th March 2023), Silly Wabbit (26th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Over the years, I've already had to debunk quite a bit of nonsense that was posted here in the Shire.

It's important to distinguish between arbitrary debunking which most often happened at ....uh...La Casa del Sombrero ( ) and a skeptics logic and reason. Lots of skeptics are open minded and honestly curious about the subject matter but have serious questions about flaws in the subject matter. The debunker isn't. They tend towards knee jerk reactions to something that one doesn't like to hear or challenges their belief system without any sort of evidence to the contrary.
    Well, in that case I would say I'm a skeptic, although some things I will debunk with a knee-jerk because they have already long been proven false and people still keep repeating them.

Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Casa del Sombrero . You all are on a roll this week
    Oh, but that's an old one. We've got quite a list of pet names for Billzebub™, Fearless Leader™ of The House of the Hat Beanie™ and his drooling flock by now, and they've all brought it upon themselves, by pissing and puking on the very bridge from here to there that we ourselves — well, okay, mostly I — had spent years building up, and then they burnt it down to the ground.

We are now at a stage where no one will be accepted there as a new member anymore if they are also a member here, and those who already have dual membership are having to watch their every step over there not to get themselves banned without any reason given. I've been an administrator there for a short while — which was not exactly my happiest time — and their mod room has a dedicated thread with a list of all of their members who are also members here, and under what name they are registered here, complete with screenshots of their avatars, all courtesy of former PA administrator Hervé, currently known over there as Gwin Ru.

You can read up on some (albeit not all) of the history between the two forums here.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Diabolical Boids (25th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th March 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    On the subject of Why (after watching news clips of another horrific tornado rip through the south).

I watched a Greg Braden video this morning that discussed the cyclic nature of our world, how things keep repeating themselves, over and over and most of its not good. Like we've knowledge of climate disasters in the past that resulted in mass extinction, the Flood Theory etc and seem to be, if you can believe the news, going into another cycle like that. There was also mention of the morphic field where all this horrible energy we transmit out into the universe results in the cyclic era nightmare realities and how a magnetic polarity making a significant reversal would in part erase some of that negative energy.

I guess what I'm getting at is with all the drudge dumped daily and that we ponder daily is put out there either by design or subconsciously to recreate these events over and over. Most of the stuff are things that are stated to have happened before from an ancient nuclear war, to the more contemporary one, to the one's that someone is seemingly pushing for today, climate crisis, pole reversals, ugly divisionary politics, wars (always war), hate, fear. I mean the CIA could very well know about the end of the word because apparently the world has ended in some form or another over and over for eons. And the CIA could be the one in part putting that stuff out there, to make sure we keep it rolling through the morphic field that plays some role in our reality. Then there's everyday Joes like us who find the topic interesting and so play kick the can with it with no ill intent intended, but still keeping the wave moving through the field that responds to our emotions and thoughts thus creating another end of the world scenario.

I mean what else is being created, like escalation of diseases, famine etc. I'm not being judgy or pointing fingers, I know for sure I've indulged more than enough in the sinister side of conspiracy but conversely if we have the power to create disaster we'd also have the power to put something better out there. The human mind, its very nature likes to make predictive events even if the outcomes are not very good.

Kinda meaning the more we obsess about climate change the more we are creating horrible natural disasters by pumping that into the field. I know this isn't a new idea or topic but I'm also thinking it seems more urgent now that it did ten years ago. And I'm intrigued by some sort of magnetic event that wipes the slate enough and gives us some breathing space from all that dense energy. It seems the urgency to put doom and disaster out there for everyone to absorb and send back out is at all time high and urgency on its own making me wonder why myself.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th March 2023), Aragorn (25th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (25th March 2023), Octopus Garden (25th March 2023), Wind (25th March 2023)

Thanks
    An Empty World, A Time Traveler, Another Dimension ...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd April 2023), Aragorn (31st March 2023), Diabolical Boids (4th April 2023), Wind (31st March 2023)

Thanks

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd April 2023), Aragorn (1st April 2023), Octopus Garden (3rd April 2023), Wind (2nd April 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Most people living other lives, then, now, or what we describe as the future are likely peasants. The whole, "I was a pharaoh, or a queen, or some other highly born or placed person seems a bit scammy to me, narcissistic or done for dramatic effect.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd April 2023), Aragorn (3rd April 2023), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2023), Wind (3rd April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,263 Times in 7,198 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    The whole, "I was a pharaoh, or a queen, or some other highly born or placed person seems a bit scammy to me, narcissistic or done for dramatic effect.
    Although possible, the possibility for that often might be quite low purely based on statistics.

Dolores Cannon said most people get to revisit in regression what she called "potato-digging lives".

The hardest lesson is that often the ones who hurt us most actually might be our greatest teachers.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRb_sZUcpM
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd April 2023), Aragorn (3rd April 2023), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    I was thinking the same thing. The hardest are the best for experiential gain.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd April 2023), Aragorn (3rd April 2023), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2023), Wind (3rd April 2023)

Thanks

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2023), Wind (4th April 2023)