Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Cause And Effect

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Not meant to pour any fuel onto any fires, but Chuckie has now been removed from this discussion.
    Okay, but hopefully not on my behalf. Unless maybe I missed something that got scrubbed.
    Nothing got scrubbed, but his post right above mine was reported by another member for being ad hominem and provocation, and as staff members, we agree. His removal from the thread is therefore a precautionary measure so as to prevent further thread derailment.

Grownups at the grownups' table, kids at the kids' table.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (6th March 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,118 Times in 2,664 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Grownups at the grownups' table, kids at the kids' table.
    Too funny, now where have I heard that before?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th March 2024)

Thanks
    Everyone is angry at Germany after a series of snubs and screw-ups
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ea64e5e1&ei=54

These people, I'll tell you what...

They're a special kind of breed of arrogance, stupidity and hypocrisy. Seriously now, they're only angry that their latest dirty little plan got exposed, not that German military personnel on Ukrainian soil firing cruise missiles into Russia's Herch Bridge would be on the face of it a direct act of war. No middle man to use as plausible deniability on this one.

Incredible...

And this from the same article:
    Scholz is among the most cautious of Western leaders, fearful that President Vladimir Putin will read increasingly lethal aid to Ukraine as a sign of escalation.
    OMFG, what the hell else is he supposed to make of that? It certainly ain't a gesture of brotherly love...

Socrates

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th March 2024), Octopus Garden (12th March 2024)

Thanks

Word Games/Mind Games

Katie Halper guest Assal Rad, offering a brief tutorial on msm slight of hand with manipulation of language:

Socrates

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2024), Octopus Garden (12th March 2024)

Thanks

And The Hits Just Keep On Coming

The State Department has urged a "rigorous" safety evaluation of a proposed joint Russia-China plan to establish a nuclear-powered lunar base within the next decade.

Yuri Borisov, the head of Russia's space agency Roscosmos, said earlier this month that the two powers are "seriously considering a project" to install a nuclear power station on the lunar surface that may one day support lunar settlements. The project, Borisov said, may take place "somewhere at the turn of 2033-2035."
    Okay, I would imagine nuclear power is best known way to power a lunar base.

A State Department spokesperson told Newsweek that the U.S. "is aware of PRC [People's Republic of China] and Russian plans for an International Lunar Research Station," noting the "decades of space cooperation" between the two neighbors.
    Cooperation, maybe we should give that a whirl.

There is no suggestion that the planned project has a military component, but the Institute for the Study of War suggested Borisov's remarks were "indicative of warming relations and Chinese willingness to foster a long-term strategic partnership with Russia to posture against and possibly threaten the West."
    But nah, there it is already. We have to keep the general public indoctrinated into seeing any cooperation between the world's other two great powers, as a threat.

American fears about the weaponization of space were piqued in February, when U.S. lawmakers urged President Joe Biden to declassify information about "a serious national security threat," reportedly a nuclear-powered Russian anti-satellite weapon. Moscow has repeatedly denied the reports.
    Repeat after me: The US always tells the truth - Russia wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit them upside the head.

Earlier this month, U.S. Space Command chief General Stephen Whiting warned that Russia still poses a "formidable" challenge in space and said the U.S. should not allow itself a "false sense of confidence."
    Nobody in their right mind would dare dream of... actually cooperate with them on something.

The State Department spokesperson told Newsweek the U.S. "believes that our open, transparent, and collaborative approach to the exploration and use of outer space enables a more dynamic and innovative ecosystem that benefits the entire world."
    Translation: We do it right, they don't and aren't to be trusted.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...efa686a8&ei=52

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th March 2024), Octopus Garden (12th March 2024), Wind (12th March 2024)

Thanks

Reindeer Games

It's well known that most people just skim the daily news, the headlines, or at most, a paragraph or two in and call it macaroni "I'm now well informed".
    Ukraine is now closer to NATO membership than ever before - Stoltenberg
    So if you just skim over with morning coffee, that may raise an eyebrow like "hey Helen listen to this!"

And then if that maybe piques you interest, and dig into the first couple or so paragraphs, it looks even better. "Helen, they're really gonna stick it to him now!" - of course not even considering that "sticking it to him", would entail all out war which we don't even consider what that really even means any more. But moving on.
    Ukraine is now closer to NATO membership than ever before. This demonstrates a strategic mistake of the Kremlin's leader, Vladimir Putin, which he made by invading the country, says NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at Sweden's flag-raising ceremony near the Alliance headquarters.

"Ukraine will become a NATO ally. The question is not 'if,' but 'when,'" he said.

According to the NATO Secretary General, Ukraine is now closer to membership than ever before, and this also demonstrates a big strategic mistake made by Russian President Vladimir Putin when he invaded Ukraine.

"Because, as you remember, his purpose was to deny Ukraine to move towards NATO and EU. But also he demanded that NATO should make a declaration, sign a treaty with Russia that there should be no further NATO enlargement with any country in Europe. And now he has received the exact opposite. He wanted less NATO but getting more NATO, more NATO military presence in the eastern part of our Alliance. Finland and Sweden are full members, and Ukraine is closer to NATO membership than ever before," he stated.

But if our morning reader actually reads all the way in, they'll see it was all for nothing, just a bunch of hot air to keep the illusion going for as long as possible to the last gasp. Until November hopefully?

But most people don't read to the end, that's why these stenographers for power put it there...

Ukraine and NATO

On September 30, 2022, Ukraine applied for NATO membership under an accelerated procedure. Kyiv expected to receive an invitation to join NATO during the summer summit in Vilnius, but this did not happen.

Until now, there have been quite contradictory statements on the timing of Ukraine's accession to NATO. For example, NATO Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoană recently stated that Ukraine would become part of the North Atlantic Alliance, but it is still unclear when exactly. Stoltenberg himself once noted that Ukraine would not be able to join NATO until the end of the war.

The foreign ministers of NATO allies provided Ukraine with recommendations for initial reforms to join the Alliance at a meeting in Brussels on November 29, 2023.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...rg/ar-BB1jHAC0

Socrates

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th March 2024), Wind (13th March 2024)

Thanks

Manufactured Consent

Without Extensive Narrative Manipulation - A lot of things would not be accepted:

Socrates

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2024), Wind (22nd March 2024)

Thanks
    Image the US likes to portray when complaining about threats to national security.

"I was just standing there on the street corner minding my own business in my lily white dress, when this big ole bad gust of wind just came up out of nowhere, and attacked me!"

Name:  Marilyn Monroe.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  48.9 KB

Socrates

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2024)

Thanks
    Tweet by Danny Haiphong. Pointing out a reality that most westerners have yet to be exposed to through the fog of infinitely successful psychological operations:

Top: two of the least popular leaders in the world.

Bottom: two of the most popular leaders in the world.

The fact that most Americans don’t understand this is a perfect example of how U.S. is the most propagandized place on the planet.

Name:  Politicians 3.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  43.6 KB Name:  Politicians 2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  44.9 KB
    https://twitter.com/SpiritofHo/statu...68640665354409

Socrates

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th April 2024)

Thanks
    It's ubiquitous now, but this is a prime example of "Manufacturing Consent For War 101". And OMG, our old friend "unprovoked" is back at around the 6:50 mark. Pure, unadulterated propaganda.

From where I sit now it's so obvious, hard to believe people fall for this shit; but then again there was a time when I would fall for this shit, as in the Manufacturing Consent blitzkrieg leading up to "Operation Desert Storm" in 2003. Nothing has changed, still the exact same thing with this, Russia, China, and North Korea over there simmering on the back burner - for now...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...7cf87007&ei=11

Socrates

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th April 2024)

Thanks
    This is precisely what journalist Matt Taibbi's "The Twitter Files", was trying to warn us about. Eventually they're coming for all of them.

A true brave new world we're entering now, potential for WW3 on four different fronts, and the attempted silencing of any and all "unfavorable coverage".

But don't worry about any of that, just worry about Bad Orange Man...

Socrates

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th April 2024)

Thanks

Sounds Like Cop Splainin To Me..

Too bad he's got the comment section turned off on this one.

I no longer think this fucking guy is just some rabid US neocon out there with a background in Intelligence, I think this channel is an ongoing Op 100%.

May as well be "Voice of America", except not under the guise of spreading the good word of freedom to the unwashed masses, but an objective analysis of geopolitics. He jumped the shark on this one and reminds me of the proverbial naked emperor. I remember coming across a little tidbit that at times field agents will play a "cute" little game of showing off to some others just how good and clever they are by getting more and more obvious at what they're really doing, while still maintaining their cover, he's cocky enough to play that game, and I think that's exactly what we're seeing here.

Peter is obviously a highly intelligent man, but often times the highly intelligent are lacking in the department of common sense and self awareness. Elon Musk would be an example of that.

Socrates