Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cause And Effect

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    I like the Western "Sane versus Madman" with the Western alliance always being the sane party, myself!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th May 2023), Aragorn (7th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2023), Fred Steeves (8th May 2023), modwiz (7th May 2023), Wind (7th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,227 Times in 11,974 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    The Ukraine doesn't promote freedom of the press then? I used to read Lira in the Asia Times and liked what he wrote.

Chuckie, that description of Lira looks like a smear job, with the emphasis on relationship consultant, dating coach. It makes him look silly, when he was likely trying to generate income.

Ukraine looks more and more like another Iraq. I didn't originally think this, but more and more evidence is coming out in support of US playing dirty for global supremacy. I no longer buy the surface appearance of bad guy/good guy, in Ukraine, particularly since Nordstream.

But....doesn't mean Russia is lily white. They are fascists themselves--but that's a whole other topic.
    Home invasion will do that to animals, people, countries. Lira is in no danger whatever, he just needs to be taught a lesson for agitating during a time of war. Seriously, why doesn't this guy move to Russia...his propaganda would be more effective there and at least he would be true to himself and his environment.

Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Home invasion will do that to animals, people, countries. Lira is in no danger whatever, he just needs to be taught a lesson for agitating during a time of war. Seriously, why doesn't this guy move to Russia...his propaganda would be more effective there and at least he would be true to himself and his environment.
    Either a smear or the guy is just another jackass with a platform that he doesn't qualify for.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Octopus Garden (8th May 2023)

Thanks
    Just some information:

Russian invasion of Ukraine

In mid-February 2022, Lira said that "no one over the age of 12 or with an IQ over 90 seriously believes that the Russians are going to invade [Ukraine] anytime soon". After they did in fact invade just over a week later, he began to vlog about the invasion from what has been described by The Daily Beast as a pro-Russian or "pro-Putin" perspective, for example denying the Bucha massacre and calling it a "hoax". Segments from Lira's vlogs have been replayed on Channel One Russia. Some of Lira's former associates have voiced skepticism that he is still in Kharkiv, from where he says he continues to vlog.

In April 2022, Scott Ritter, Max Blumenthal, and Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs representative Maria Zakharova said Lira was missing. Ritter alleged Lira had been murdered by Ukrainian agents on Russia-state-owned media, Russia Today (RT). However, Lira reappeared, unharmed, on 22 April, alleging that he had been detained by the Security Service of Ukraine but provided no details to support his allegations.[7][

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Octopus Garden (8th May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    The Ukraine doesn't promote freedom of the press then? I used to read Lira in the Asia Times and liked what he wrote.

Chuckie, that description of Lira looks like a smear job, with the emphasis on relationship consultant, dating coach. It makes him look silly, when he was likely trying to generate income.

Ukraine looks more and more like another Iraq. I didn't originally think this, but more and more evidence is coming out in support of US playing dirty for global supremacy. I no longer buy the surface appearance of bad guy/good guy, in Ukraine, particularly since Nordstream.

But....doesn't mean Russia is lily white. They are fascists themselves--but that's a whole other topic.
    It is a smear job. It's a copy and paste claim that originated in the whine cellars of Twitters bait bottles. They are literally created to bait and cause drama on Twitter and then leak off elsewhere. It is a very dissociative but comfortable stance to take about crying about so much hate in the world so one can spread liberal helpings of it hither and zither.

I suspect this sudden outrage about Lira is less about Lira and more about baiting another forum member.

If you are not familiar with Twitter: Posts like this are made by bots, usually a smear. Then multiple people post them as original posts when they are just memes created within Twitter and seldom ever factual. If you go to a Liras Hashtag you will find the exact claim word for word made by multiple users all claiming its original content so it's basically unsubstantiated gossip in readily shareable meme form. Its purpose is to form in people's mind is that Lira is a crazed extreme right-wing conservative.

Starting to see the pattern?

Lira has had multiple podcasts and made off the cuff quips about woke relationships during the duration of those casts when the topics were more about social issues and cultural Marxism. He does this on his Twitter account as well. Off the cuff observations about the relationships in an increasingly dysfunctional world. None of which equates being a relationship coach but emphasizes people like to escalate matters so it can become slanderable enough to suit their whatever need they are fulfilling.

The easiest way to know this is to follow Lira on Twitter where the timelines and circumstances and participants are journaled and time/date stamped.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2023), Fred Steeves (8th May 2023), modwiz (7th May 2023), Octopus Garden (8th May 2023), Wind (7th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,134 Times in 2,671 Posts
    This is what establishment media does here, it smears anyone who doesn't want to wave the flag, and people by and large eat it up by the handful. Of course it also imprisons people in the false left/right paradigm, when focus should really be on top/down, leaving us with two different versions of propaganda - with each side essentially caring about free speech rights only for their own.

This was a nice little example of it right here.

Ukraine looks more and more like another Iraq. I didn't originally think this, but more and more evidence is coming out in support of US playing dirty for global supremacy.
    That's precisely what it's about, arming to the teeth a country teeming with guys who think swastikas are cool, and using them to bludgeon the adversary. The US led Rules Based International Order has seen its once dominant grip on the world slipping away in recent years, if it could just finally take out the Russian boogeyman and gain access to its rich natural resources, the neocon wet dream is to then turn focus to putting China in its place.

Of course it's all blowing up in their faces, as neocon wet dreams tend to do, but what's truly amazing is seeing our so called liberals clamoring for more death and destruction right along with their neocon counterparts.

I no longer buy the surface appearance of bad guy/good guy, in Ukraine, particularly since Nordstream.
    Unfortunately however, most people DO still buy into it, to the last Ukrainian if need be. What do we care? It's not our country being destroyed.

The Nordstream incident was the shot heard round the world, an overt act of war against an ally, a huge act of international terrorism. I don't think we've heard the last on that.

I don't know about fascists, but they certainly ain't lily white either. At least they don't go around the world stirring up trouble like my country does (quite the opposite really), and I'm curious to see what happens to "The Narrative" when this thing has finally exhausted itself, and Russia's military sticks within the confines of what used to be Ukraine.

Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    It is a smear job. It's a copy and paste claim that originated in the whine cellars of Twitters bait bottles.
    Well, again, it's well known how few people actually research into things, and rather just go to the usual places on social media that that regurgitate back to them their preconceived notions. Lira was directly opposed to "The Narrative", he's a thinker, a researcher, the opposite of a hair on fire reactionary. Running narratives slap up against a brick wall with such people.

He certainly didn't mince his words, and I have lately been wondering "I'm not so sure I'd be doing that in Ukraine" when watching his videos, but people like him a canaries in the coal mine. Whatever the case though, snatching up vloggers with smart ass "welcome to Ukraine" is not a good look. The eyes of the world are watching, and taking notes.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Not anymore, no. Zelenskyy changed the law at some point after the beginning of the war.
    He's just doing as his masters do, those who run the Rules Based Order machine, if one of your own rules starts getting in the way of things, you simply change it.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    It caused a bit of a stir in the rest of Europe, but not for very long. It was much more convenient for the western powers that be to keep on playing the Good vs. Evil™ game, and the mainstream media only have the attention span of an insect anyway.
    Journalist Aaron Maté, filling in for Jimmy Dore, just recently showed some eye popping examples of media and government officials describing themselves as "partners", and "collaborators". And do you know the most disappointing part of this is? If you play for that team, you'll see absolutely nothing wrong with it. That's a problem.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2023), modwiz (7th May 2023), Octopus Garden (8th May 2023), Wind (7th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    This is what establishment media does here, it smears anyone who doesn't want to wave the flag, and people by and large eat it up by the handful. Of course it also imprisons people in the false left/right paradigm, when focus should really be on top/down, leaving us with two different versions of propaganda - with each side essentially caring about free speech rights only for their own.

This was a nice little example of it right here.

That's precisely what it's about, arming to the teeth a country teeming with guys who think swastikas are cool, and using them to bludgeon the adversary. The US led Rules Based International Order has seen its once dominant grip on the world slipping away in recent years, if it could just finally take out the Russian boogeyman and gain access to its rich natural resources, the neocon wet dream is to then turn focus to putting China in its place.

Of course it's all blowing up in their faces, as neocon wet dreams tend to do, but what's truly amazing is seeing our so called liberals clamoring for more death and destruction right along with their neocon counterparts.

Unfortunately however, most people DO still buy into it, to the last Ukrainian if need be. What do we care? It's not our country being destroyed.

The Nordstream incident was the shot heard round the world, an overt act of war against an ally, a huge act of international terrorism. I don't think we've heard the last on that.

I don't know about fascists, but they certainly ain't lily white either. At least they don't go around the world stirring up trouble like my country does (quite the opposite really), and I'm curious to see what happens to "The Narrative" when this thing has finally exhausted itself, and Russia's military sticks within the confines of what used to be Ukraine.

Well, again, it's well known how few people actually research into things, and rather just go to the usual places on social media that that regurgitate back to them their preconceived notions. Lira was directly opposed to "The Narrative", he's a thinker, a researcher, the opposite of a hair on fire reactionary. Running narratives slap up against a brick wall with such people.

He certainly didn't mince his words, and I have lately been wondering "I'm not so sure I'd be doing that in Ukraine" when watching his videos, but people like him a canaries in the coal mine. Whatever the case though, snatching up vloggers with smart ass "welcome to Ukraine" is not a good look. The eyes of the world are watching, and taking notes.

He's just doing as his masters do, those who run the Rules Based Order machine, if one of your own rules starts getting in the way of things, you simply change it.

Journalist Aaron Maté, filling in for Jimmy Dore, just recently showed some eye popping examples of media and government officials describing themselves as "partners", and "collaborators". And do you know the most disappointing part of this is? If you play for that team, you'll see absolutely nothing wrong with it. That's a problem.
    Fred, this is just my opinion of course, but you are wrong on most counts when it comes to anyone that 'really' has some sense. You will get a lot of agreement here because most of the posters are predisposed to go along with what Aianawa would call the 'narrative' of choice. Let me explain myself succintly... I do not buy into narratives. Narratives suggest if not 'tell' you what to think. That has never been my issue. That is why I see and 'guess' things correctly most of the time. Have you ever noticed that I never post propaganda of any kind? I just respond to the propaganda that is placed here. I only buy into what makes sense when considered from all angles.

As an example, this Lira guy...he is a voice in the wilderness that obviously has for his own reasons a biased attitude against the Ukrainians, but his bias originates in his bias against the U.S. by proxy . I would bet you dollars to donuts that it is because of the historical snubbing of South America by the U.S. It could be related to many things of his experience. Immigration, just raw respect which is a big issue for anyone but Latin Americans tend to be obsessed with it. In fact, you could rightfully accuse me of that and I wouldn't disagree, (you can put that info in your quiver of debasing tools, but I know you know so it won't work), It could be mistreatment in the U.S. against 'his kind'. Multiple reasons.

None of that elevates him to a sage like level. It just makes him a damn fool. All the while his history plainly demonstrates a strong tendency to clownishness. And that is why that most of the Western world that is not screeching about the horriblesness of the Western world en toto ignores him. As a contrast, those on the right continue their cluster bombing of propaganda.

Many people don't fall into the rabbit hole of a seemingly meaningless existence and just accept the fact that things aren't perfect for them or anybody else. Another bitch doesn't change anything reality is concerned about.

Thanks
    Fred, this is just my opinion of course, but you are wrong on most counts when it comes to anyone that 'really' has some sense. You will get a lot of agreement here because most of the posters are predisposed to go along with what Aianawa would call the 'narrative' of choice. Let me explain myself succintly... I do not buy into narratives. Narratives suggest if not 'tell' you what to think. That has never been my issue. That is why I see and 'guess' things correctly most of the time. Have you ever noticed that I never post propaganda of any kind? I just respond to the propaganda that is placed here. I only buy into what makes sense when considered from all angles.

As an example, this Lira guy...he is a voice in the wilderness that obviously has for his own reasons a biased attitude against the Ukrainians, but his bias originates in his bias against the U.S. by proxy . I would bet you dollars to donuts that it is because of the historical snubbing of South America by the U.S. It could be related to many things of his experience. Immigration, just raw respect which is a big issue for anyone but Latin Americans tend to be obsessed with it. In fact, you could rightfully accuse me of that and I wouldn't disagree, (you can put that info in your quiver of debasing tools, but I know you know so it won't work), It could be mistreatment in the U.S. against 'his kind'. Multiple reasons.

None of that elevates him to a sage like level. It just makes him a damn fool. All the while his history plainly demonstrates a strong tendency to clownishness. And that is why that most of the Western world that is not screeching about the horriblesness of the Western world en toto ignores him. As a contrast, those on the right continue their cluster bombing of propaganda.

Many people don't fall into the rabbit hole of a seemingly meaningless existence and just accept the fact that things aren't perfect for them or anybody else. Another bitch doesn't change anything reality is concerned about.
    I always distract myself. I haven't pursued it yet, but a strong clue is that Lira's wife is Ukrainian...I have a very STRONG suspicion that she is pro-Putin. Honestly, it is just like reading a script...but to be serious about it, let's call it a battlefield map.

Thanks
    Well, now this is weird, I was trying to find some info regarding his wife and there are links that must be mistakingly routed as they seem to conflate more than one Gonzalo Lira. One site says he died at age 54. I don't think that can be accurate but the novelist and filmmaker are the same for the 'two' Gonzalos? But they look the same. Still looking.

Who committed the massacre in Bucha?
    The New York Times

One of Lira's pages says that the Ukrainian Gestapo is responsible:

The eight-month visual investigation by the paper concluded that the perpetrators of the massacre along Yablunska Street were Russian paratroopers from the 234th Air Assault Regiment (the part of 76th Guards Air Assault Division) led by Lt. Col. Artyom Gorodilov.

I give up, this sheeit be crazy...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 7th May 2023 at 15:36.

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Fred, this is just my opinion of course, but you are wrong on most counts when it comes to anyone that 'really' has some sense. You will get a lot of agreement here because most of the posters are predisposed to go along with what Aianawa would call the 'narrative' of choice.
    Or perhaps they are just acknowledging the poster for their input or ideas regardless of if they go along with them or not. Healthy people don't think in terms of casually conversing people slavishly agreeing but unhealthy personalities do.

Let me explain myself succintly... I do not buy into narratives.

You have so many of your own there's really no need to purchase the narratives of others?

Narratives suggest if not 'tell' you what to think.
    Literally every word written here is a narrative including yours. Narrative doens't automatically equate distruth or propaganda. It's what every written or spoken word is that forms a body of a thesis, idea or description.

Most of the narratives here are describing what the narrator thinks, not what the narrator tells or wants you to believe. With an exception. When a narrator is trying to make you believe something or program there is usually an attempt at authoritarianism ( relentless self-centric references ).

There's a constant repetition because those narrators seem to think they are misunderstood when the audience is actually bored because they understand all too well.

That is why I see and 'guess' things correctly most of the time.
    A self centric narrative.

Have you ever noticed that I never post propaganda of any kind?
    Anti Russian, Anti Fred and anti Putin, Pro Chuckie, Pro Woke, Anti conservative, Anti Lira propaganda unraveling here as we watch and snicker and behind our hands?

No we didn't notice.

Narratives are above our notice. We are above all that and telegraph our thoughts to each other in a 12th dimensional way, through abstract fractals and sacred geometry. Then we post narrative form in the first dimension here for the edification of lower beings. (another self centric narrative for reason of comparison. )

I just respond to the propaganda that is placed here.
    The "I'm innocent of all the wrong doing that other people are guilty of" narrative. Or the political narrative.

I only buy into what makes sense when considered from all angles.
    The one dimensional thinking narrative.

The anti Lira propaganda and Anti Lira narrative.
    Last edited by Wind, 7th May 2023 at 20:58.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2023), Fred Steeves (8th May 2023), modwiz (7th May 2023), Octopus Garden (8th May 2023)

Thanks
    Anti-Russian...no... And I admit I'm not always correct, it just seems that way.

Narrative from me...yeah, but not in a political sense...around here it's more of a soliloquy that you get from me and that is what I follow in general for the world around me. People should consider that strongly. Narratives are meant to imply directed speech, again, around here. We need to stick to context (not threads) and that is another thing I never let escape me. Context is another invaluable tool to determine truth and falsehood.

I thought you would respond to the always right thingy.

My answer is different for you than it is for Fred:

For you, my answer to the question (not much of a question actually but it should have been) is whether or not I really believe that I'm always correct.

Answer: The information is only divulged on a need to know basis and you don't need to know...

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    The media uses a dialect of Pig Latin.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (7th May 2023), Fred Steeves (8th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I think this short video is a good fit for the thread title.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2023), Fred Steeves (8th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,134 Times in 2,671 Posts
    Was going through Gonzalo's Tweets, and this one from just a few days ago jumped out at me:
    https://twitter.com/GonzaloLira1968/...62731290341378

Just a couple of weeks ago I was considering, enough so to bring it up with Mrs. Steeves, that it may be getting time to at least consider getting a plan together to leave the States. A person can make out fairly well cashing out here, and resetting up shop in a more developing country as in South or Latin America.

But then on the flip side, before one up and makes a major like move like that, might do well considering what their life's purpose is here to begin with?

Am I ultimately here to end up sipping Margarita's on a Costa Rican beachside watching from the sidelines, or weather the great storm in being an influence, however minute, in helping see my country through her biggest existential crisis (this one self inflicted) in 160 years. This place is already coming apart at the seams, and the storm hasn't even hit yet, we're just getting warmed up with our shared national mental illness.

Spanish can't be all that hard to learn...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2023), Catsquotl (8th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (8th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2023), modwiz (8th May 2023), Octopus Garden (8th May 2023), Wind (8th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Considering that the earth is not your country, But a place you happen to live on I guess Your minute influence is better served sipping that margarita on a costa rican beach.
    Maybe even enjoy some of the other treasures Costa Rica has to offer, although i don't particularly like their coffee brewing process it's easy and fun enough.

And trust me you can watch the world come apart from there Just as well.
    Whoever told you you needed to help your country go through some existential crisis lied.

As a non american I can't wait for that dream and it's influence on the world to die down and stop existing allready...

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2023), Fred Steeves (8th May 2023), modwiz (8th May 2023), Octopus Garden (8th May 2023), Wind (8th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,166 Times in 20,332 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    As a non american I can't wait for that dream and it's influence on the world to die down and stop existing allready...
    As another non-American*, I'll raise my drink to that.

* Wait... What? You mean there are such things as non-Americans?! How is that even possible?! This here is The Internet™, and everyone knows there are only Americans here, and that they come in only two varieties: either you're a Trumpanzee™ or you're a Wokemon™. And that's all there is! Bah!

"Non-Americans", such a preposterous idea!

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (8th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2023), Fred Steeves (8th May 2023), modwiz (8th May 2023), Octopus Garden (8th May 2023), Wind (8th May 2023)