Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ugh.. life is ugly, and I think I just ruined my other "family" links....

Thanks

ugh.. life is ugly, and I think I just ruined my other "family" links....

I finally decided to take a stand on a keyboard warrior... I await my fate on PA....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th October 2022), Aragorn (19th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Can you add more ? or do we wait ?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (19th October 2022)

Thanks
    I don't dare add more, I think I added enough, and while polite, I feel my honest comments perhaps may "Offend " someone, to the point where I actually feel shame for even posting it, regardless of how it is received.

When did polite honesty become something to feel guilty of expressing? I may not be banned for my posts or replies, but honestly, I am really shocked at how badly I feel for even being honest about how I feel about life these days And this isn't exclusive to any site.

I literally had someone refer to a post I made about Covid, as "Americans like you".... As if I were some evil ridden tramp for even trying to live life while this continues. (I took a flight recently).

I have my own family issues going on, I am overworked, under appreciated, and finally lost my cool....

I am so tired of dancing around proper words, and honest emotions for fear of hurting someone with a sensitivity to absolutely everything... I suppose someone replied to me at the wrong time, with the wrong words, and they wrong innuendos.... They picked the wrong girl who isn't what they implied, nor was I behaving as they implied, and they spread the shame throughout my entire country, merely because my post did not include one thing they feel strongly about.

I assume I will be sent on holiday there soon. I do hope that I am not, as it will show that I wasn't the intentional instigator, but really, this "Woke" thing has gone on long enough... I suppose my feelings about my community will either be confirmed or rejected in the very near future. I am crossing my fingers hoping that my final outburst was honestly received for what it was, rather than an attack on anyone else.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th October 2022), Aragorn (19th October 2022), Lord Sidious (20th October 2022), Wind (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    Well They have put up with me here for a wee while with my differing narratives, some incorrect, so your safe here one would hope. Yes gettin uglyish out there atm so look imo after in there or within, that you can nurture n sort.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    I don't see a reason why that would warrant a ban, Denise. Someone made assumptions about you and it was hurtful to you so you responded in kind and gave them a taste of their own medicine. You were merely expressing why you were hurt by their remarks.

Quite often I hold my own tongue or should I say fingers, because despite being seemingly cool on the surface, internally I can be quite temperamental. Yet I often want to avoid confrontations, so many people have been spared from verbal pummelings on my part.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th October 2022), Aragorn (19th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    Does someone mind directing me to said data please lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022), Wind (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    It can be quite easily found over the pond, but it's up to Wabbit if she wants to post that here.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th October 2022), Aragorn (19th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    Went over ditch n not know where to look, a clue maybe ?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022), Wind (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    Ok cheers Wind, so ya gotta be a member to see it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Let me just tell you what happened from my point of view... If someone can capture that exchange, you have my permission to share my posts....

My son tried to kill himself Monday.... I have been sick since coming home from a family wedding, in which I took the seat of my mother in law, who couldn't fly, as she recently broke her shoulder.

I posted on a thread about Covid, and new symptoms and expression. I did not know if it was CoVid, but it surely took me out relatively quickly. So much so, I felt it worthy of note... I was feeling helpless, given my sons situation, when this individual decided to shame me for merely "Being American"...

This member replied, throwing out innuendos that "Americans like you"... and went on to suggest that we fly as if we behave as if everything is "normal", and that I personally am no different. (Not exact words, but the guy deserved a punch in the face)

This person did NOT know that I was both sick, and trying to ease my mind about my son, who tried to take his own life out of dispair, to make it in this environment, and a drug addiction... Yet he openly painted me as a selfish American who couldn't care less about others. I saw red, and he was right in front of me...

I typed for hours, deleting, cutting, pasting to notebook, and decided to be polite.... the first time...

The reason for my post is because this new, and very quick illness, was both unlike anything I had ever experienced, but also twice as virulent than the CoVid that took out my husband and almost killed him last year.

HE HIT MY BITCH SWITCH... And that is being "polite..". I waited and he replied again,. hurling more verbal insults.. at which point, I cut and pasted, from my notepad, my prior REAL THOUGHTS... and sent a message to Bill apologizing for my post, and the need he would find, to deactivate my account in the near future.

I was hurting.... I got sick in such a way, that I had never experienced before. I have MS, I have had CoVid... My son was in the ICU for trying to take his own life, and this arrogant man was suggesting that I was some "American who didn't care"... merely because I took a flight... in someone else's place.

He later replied that we take flights like they take buses. I wished I was a bus, as I would have run him down. How dare he judge me?

Here I was... trying to share information, in a situation where I felt at my lowest, to help others, and all he could do was suggest I am part of the problem?

I have to say.. I was sincere in my apologies. The members of PA and TOT helped save my husbands life. This is my community, both here and there... No matter what the differences. I tire of trying to justify that.. I care about everyone. What I openly, and privately experienced, was an outpouring of sympathy and support I did not expect...

I fully expected to be banned. But instead, I was given support in my time of need... Both here and there... For that I thank you all...

I do not know when they will take my son out of the induced coma they placed him in... But I have tears in my eyes right now as I say this... THANK YOU ALL FOR CARING...

No matter what people are going through, it is important people remember we are all people. borders are false. Colors are nothing more than melanin... Our kids are hurting... We are hurting. I am not rich, by any stretch of the imagination... I work hard ... I am tired of being judged because I am white and American... We all bleed, we all hurt, we all cry...

Frank is sick right now. You may not know it, but I am telling you... because he too, matters.... Bill is sick right now... And HE matters... no matter what site we post on.... We all need to be well... Or what else do we have?

So THAT is what happened... i tried to reach out in a positive way, in a negative situation... and got slapped for it, by a rude member... I slapped back for the first time, reminding this man, whom is older and should be wiser than I, that not only do I know more about what he was suggesting? He was unwise to try to shame me... he picked the wrong day to do it to me at least....

All he cared about was 5G, and being "Right"... And shaming me for not being in some sort of "shame compliance"...

That no longer works for me.. I have pilots in my family and know far better what they have in airports than he ever could. And while I mentioned that, my emphasis was on making sure he knew he was in the "Wrong lane" on this one...

It was ugly, in comparison to my "Normal behaviors"..

Thank you Wind, you made me cry tears of happiness, for defending my actions... even if I felt sad for even having to post any of that.... You have my respect...
    Last edited by Silly Wabbit, 20th October 2022 at 02:52.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2022), Aragorn (20th October 2022), Fred Steeves (20th October 2022), Lord Sidious (20th October 2022), Wind (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    I am sorry to hear about your son, it's terrible. I wish I had better words of comfort, but I pray that your son and your family will be fine.

The truth is that we people need each other. Without sharing our compassion the world is just a cold and dark place.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2022), Aragorn (20th October 2022), Fred Steeves (20th October 2022), Lord Sidious (20th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    I don't even know what to say besides THANK YOU...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2022), Aragorn (20th October 2022), Lord Sidious (20th October 2022), Wind (20th October 2022)

Thanks
    Will continue sending blessings Wabbit, thankyou for sharing and indeed caring.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th October 2022), Lord Sidious (20th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022), Wind (21st October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    I was given support in my time of need... Both here and there... For that I thank you all...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEizKmZlUAw

I offer you this, this is where you all need to go................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2022), Aragorn (20th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th October 2022), Wind (21st October 2022)

Thanks
    Conclusion ?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th October 2022), Silly Wabbit (12th November 2022), Wind (26th October 2022)