Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Italy chooses Far-Right

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

Italy chooses Far-Right

Very surprised and will wait to see if fully correct, seems strange.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

modwiz (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Very surprised and will wait to see if fully correct, seems strange.
    Vern, I have changed the title of this thread because your original title sounded like a far-right propaganda slogan — whether that was your intention or not, but you either way know the rules.

As for whether your news sources are correct — mind you, I have not watched that video — the answer is "yes"; Georgia Meloni and her Fratelli d'Italia ("Brotherhood of Italy") have indeed won the elections. It would even appear that they've got an absolute majority. For now however, the incumbent prime minister will stay on until the new government has been formed.

For the record, I don't like corporate/capitalist globalism, but when it comes to a choice between globalists and fascists, then I'd rather have the globalists, thank you very much. But that's just me, you know?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2022), modwiz (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022), Wind (26th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Imagine Italy embracing fascism again after Mussolini, oh mio dio.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2022), Aragorn (26th September 2022), modwiz (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Imagine Italy embracing fascism again after Mussolini, oh mio dio.
    Thanks, but no
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2022), Aragorn (26th September 2022), modwiz (26th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022), Wind (26th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    For the record, I don't like corporate/capitalist globalism, but when it comes to a choice between globalists and fascists, then I'd rather have the globalists, thank you very much. But that's just me, you know?
    That sounds awfully close to a Sophie's Choice my friend.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2022), Aragorn (27th September 2022), modwiz (26th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022), Wind (26th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2022), Aragorn (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022), Wind (27th September 2022)

Thanks
    Yes Frank but mainstream news was telling everyone listening that Draghi ?, was everyone's pick, was gonna win easy, lets be honest here, why would Italy pick a far rite exttremist person/group ?, was the previous that bad or is someone lying, just not making sense atm.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2022), modwiz (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Found some info about Meloni in an article that I will only post as a link for verification of source.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/26...ascist-hardly/

From the article:
    Meloni is, believe it or not, also a fan of Tolkien, and even attended a “Hobbit Camp” in 1993, when she was 16. In Italy, The New York Times explains in a 1,500-word deep dive, “The Lord of the Rings” has “for a half-century been a central pillar upon which descendants of post-Fascism reconstructed a hard-right identity” for people “looking to a traditionalist mythic age for symbols, heroes and creation myths free of Fascist taboos.” Really, a central pillar? I’m not a scholar in Italian politics, but this seems unlikely.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th September 2022), Aragorn (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022)

Thanks
    Well is Shell rite or left nowadays ?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uuW4AP8M4M

Hard to keep up lol.

Nigeria is hugely important atm, far rite influence is huge again but far left is other choice /., crazzzzy timesssss

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022)

Thanks
    As for whether your news sources are correct — mind you, I have not watched that video — the answer is "yes"; Georgia Meloni and her Fratelli d'Italia ("Brotherhood of Italy") have indeed won the elections. It would even appear that they've got an absolute majority. For now however, the incumbent prime minister will stay on until the new government has been formed.

Yes Frank but mainstream news was telling everyone listening that Draghi ?, was everyone's pick, was gonna win easy,
    Well, the mainstream news was certainly not making any such claims over here. As the matter of fact, they've already been reporting on the rise of Georgia Meloni and her party for quite some time. Again: over here, in Belgium — I do not know which mainstream news sources you're referring to, and I'm certainly not familiar with those of New Zealand.

lets be honest here, why would Italy pick a far rite exttremist person/group ?, was the previous that bad or is someone lying, just not making sense atm.
    Well, okay, let us first agree on the fact that you can never please everyone at the same time, or all of the time, right? Well, this is no different in politics. There are always going to be people who do not agree with certain policies, even if only because everyone is different, and you've got people in all walks of life, each of which has its challenges.

Now, enter the oldest trickster in the book: the populist. A populist is someone who targets the least-/lowest-educated group of the population and promises to solve their problems for them. Lowly-educated people tend to have a very narrow and simplistic outlook on society. They don't see the complexity of the dynamics playing out between different factions and different sectors. All they see is their own difficulties. They want those difficulties to disappear, and in that very narrow outlook, they are all too eager to blame someone for their difficulties.

And that's where the populist comes in. The populist sees what difficulties the people are having, and will gladly provide them with someone to blame, namely the populist's own political adversaries. "It's the Jews!" "It's the blacks!" "It's the immigrants!" "It's the Muslims!" "It's the communists!" "It's the syndicalists!" "It's the Democrats!" "It's the gays!"

Whoever the political adversary of the populist is, that's the population group who'll get the blame draped on their shoulders. And from there on, polarizing the population is only child's play anymore, because, remember, you're promising them salvation. And they don't have the mental acuity to question who you are, what you stand for and what your motivation is.

Mussolini, Franco, Hitler, Bolsonaro, Orbán, Trump, Meloni, they've all played or — for those still alive — are still playing that very same game. And in countries like Iran, the mechanism is based upon religious dogma rather than upon socio-economical unrest, but it boils down to the same thing, i.e. the manipulation of the general opinion of the lowest-educated masses.

Well is Shell rite or left nowadays ?
    Multinational corporations are by definition right-leaning, because fascism favors corporatism. However, it must also be said that corporations are first and foremost opportunistic — they'll go with whoever's reign would be favorable to the corporation's ambitions.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022), Wind (27th September 2022)

Thanks
    Iirc the italian news Frank.

She n her followers as such are simply reacting to the globalists n cabal imo, this on FB is her talking, lol she not liken being a number.

I feel USA politics and present happenings there is scaring the shit outta other countries and that is the reaction, anyone but the Biden puppeteers imo.

Buggered if i know how to get a fb vuid here lol

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=4227812777444031

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (3rd October 2022)

Thanks
    Ahhh here we go

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGK6N9K83M

Not watched this dudes channell before, intense lol

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC22-s8rTxc

The more i watch and see the more this is simple pushback of draconian policies from the usual suspects.

Thanks
    Yes Frank but mainstream news was telling everyone listening that Draghi ?, was everyone's pick, was gonna win easy, lets be honest here, why would Italy pick a far rite exttremist person/group ?, was the previous that bad or is someone lying, just not making sense atm.
    Well, the mainstream news was certainly not making any such claims over here. As the matter of fact, they've already been reporting on the rise of Georgia Meloni and her party for quite some time. Again: over here, in Belgium — I do not know which mainstream news sources you're referring to, and I'm certainly not familiar with those of New Zealand.
    Iirc the italian news Frank.
    Why Vern, I didn't know you understood Italian.

She n her followers as such are simply reacting to the globalists n cabal imo
    That's what they're saying, Vern. And yes, it's also what the people who voted for her believe, because those voters aren't necessarily fascists. But Georgia Meloni is.

I feel USA politics and present happenings there is scaring the shit outta other countries and that is the reaction, anyone but the Biden puppeteers imo.
    Look into the Fratelli d'Italia and where they ideologically stem from, Vern. Quoting the Wikipedia article...:

Brothers of Italy emerged from a right-wing split within Silvio Berlusconi's party, The People of Freedom (PdL), in December 2012. The bulk of the party leadership (including Meloni), as well as the symbol of the movement (the tricolour flame), comes from the National Alliance (AN, 1995–2009) party, which had merged into PdL in 2009. AN was the heir to the Italian Social Movement (MSI, 1945–1995), a neo-fascist party founded by former members of the banned National Fascist Party (1921–1943) and the Republican Fascist Party (1943–1945).

[...]

FdI calls for a zero-tolerance policy on illegal immigration and wants to blockade migrants from reaching Italian ports and boost the birth rate of Italian nationals to ease the need for migrant labour. Although some of its members reject the label, FdI has been described as neo-fascist, in part due the party's history dating back to the Italian Social Movement (MSI), its far-right ties, its appeal to neo-fascists on social media such as Facebook, and some party leaders' nostalgia for Italian Fascism.

[...]

A December 2021 investigation by Fanpage.it on allegations of money laundering and illicit campaign financing also revealed FdI had ties with neo-Nazis in the Milan party section.

And then there's Giorgia Meloni herself. Quoting the Wikipedia article...

A right-wing populist and Italian nationalist, her political positions have been described as far-right, although she rejects this label. Meloni describes herself as a conservative Christian woman and claims to defend "God, homeland, and family". She is opposed to abortion, euthanasia, and to partnerships, marriages, and parenting by same-sex couples, instead asserting that nuclear families are exclusively headed by male–female pairs. Opposed to the reception of non-European migrants and multiculturalism, she has been accused of xenophobia and Islamophobia. A supporter of NATO, she maintains soft Eurosceptic views regarding the European Union and was in favour of better relations with Russia before the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, which she condemned, pledging to keep sending arms to Ukraine. She has expressed controversial views, such as praising Italian dictator Benito Mussolini in 1996 and Nazi collaborator and co-founder of MSI Giorgio Almirante in 2020.

[...]

In 1992, at 15 years of age, Meloni joined the Youth Front, the youth wing of the Italian Social Movement (MSI), a neo-fascist political party.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's definitely not a kangaroo, Vern.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th September 2022), Wind (27th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts

The more i watch and see the more this is simple pushback of draconian policies from the usual suspects.
    You've never heard of subterfuge?
    People wearing the appearence of something they know people will accept while not being that?
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th September 2022), Aragorn (27th September 2022), Wind (27th September 2022)

Thanks
    Indeed Siddy, all 3 aspects within data so far, lol i have trust issues with politics and elections and legassy media.

Italy people must be really pissed to have voted her in as she is obviousely far rite.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2022)