Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buckingham Palace announces the passing of Queen Elizabeth II

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts

Buckingham Palace announces the passing of Queen Elizabeth II

Source: BBC News

Queen Elizabeth II, the UK's longest-serving monarch, has died at Balmoral aged 96, after reigning for 70 years.

Her family gathered at her Scottish estate after concerns grew about her health earlier on Thursday.

The Queen came to the throne in 1952 and witnessed enormous social change.

With her death, her eldest son Charles, the former Prince of Wales, will lead the country in mourning as the new King and head of state for 14 Commonwealth realms.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: "The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

"The King and the Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow."

All the Queen's children travelled to Balmoral, near Aberdeen, after doctors placed the Queen under medical supervision.

Her grandson, Prince William, is also there, with his brother, Prince Harry, on his way.

Queen Elizabeth II's tenure as head of state spanned post-war austerity, the transition from empire to Commonwealth, the end of the Cold War and the UK's entry into - and withdrawal from - the European Union.

Her reign spanned 15 prime ministers starting with Winston Churchill, born in 1874, and including Liz Truss, born 101 years later in 1975, and appointed by the Queen earlier this week.

She held weekly audiences with her prime minister throughout her reign.

At Buckingham Palace in London, crowds awaiting updates on the Queen's condition began crying as they heard of her death.

The Queen was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, in Mayfair, London, on 21 April 1926.

Source: BBC News
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th September 2022), Fred Steeves (8th September 2022), modwiz (8th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022), Wind (9th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Tiocfaidh ár lá
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th September 2022), Fred Steeves (8th September 2022), modwiz (8th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022), Wind (9th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th September 2022), Fred Steeves (8th September 2022), Lord Sidious (8th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022), Wind (9th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (9th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022), Wind (9th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    End of an era.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2022), Fred Steeves (9th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    End of an era.
    I'm not a fan of monarchies, but your post above is the only serene reply on this thread so far.

The clip below shows quite a different picture of Elizabeth II to what commonly does the rounds on forums such as this one.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (9th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022), Wind (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I'm not a fan of monarchies, but your post above is the only serene reply on this thread so far.

The clip below shows quite a different picture of Elizabeth II to what commonly does the rounds on forums such as this one.

I dunno, forums such as this one don't generally look back fondly upon the passing of massively high level elites, unless we're starting a new kindler and gentler trend?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2022), Wind (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I dunno, forums such as this one don't generally look back fondly upon the passing of massively high level elites, unless we're starting a new kindler and gentler trend?
    A lot of genuinely ugly claims have been made about Elizabeth II, and about George W. Bush, but first of all, these two deceased individuals cannot be compared.

Elizabeth II was parachuted onto the throne — she was initially not meant to take it — but her country has for most part been run and is still being run by the British government, and by virtually autocratic institutions such as the GCHQ, MI5 and MI6. With the Americans looking over their shoulders.

And yes, as the monarch of the British Commonwealth — and earlier of the British Empire — she was probably the wealthiest woman on Earth. But that didn't necessarily make her the happiest woman on Earth, nor did she amass her wealth at the expense of other people. Her predecessors had done that, in a time when royalty could still do such things — Belgium is a monarchy too, and at least one Belgian king has also played that game, while another one collaborated with the Nazis during World War II — and the British government would more or less continue that practice later on when the royal house itself no longer could.

George H.W. Bush was not a monarch but an elected politician, albeit that he had been spoon-fed with politics ever since his early childhood, just as he himself did — consciously or subconsciously — with his own children. And he once spoke those so very dangerous sounding words, "New World Order", by which he most definitely did not mean what the general population of forums such as this one interpret(ed) from them, even though there is no doubt on my mind that he would have committed crimes — if not legally, then at the very least ethically. Because he had been the president of the United States, and every American president has had blood on their hands, regardless of whether they were Democrats or Republicans. It comes with the job.

But if you then look at all the things that have been said about these two individuals — and let us for now only keep it at these two — then you will find that it almost all comes from the same sources, i.e. the far-right in the UK, who do not like the idea of a monarchy, and the far-right in the USA, for whom G.H.W. Bush was "too liberal". And then you get accusations like pedophilia networks — yes, stories like that have been told about G.H.W. Bush too — and/or of being shapeshifting reptilians from the 137th dimension in the Alpha Draconis star system.

Elizabeth II was also accused of having organized the murder of princess Diana Spencer. I do not and cannot believe that. I don't necessarily believe the official story either, but I certainly don't buy into all of the "testimonies" from alleged whistleblowers who claim that Diana's chauffeur would have been a Manchurian candidate, and so on. That's all bullshit.

Was Diana murdered? Well, it is possible yes, but if she was, then it would have been by MI5, because of Diana's political engagement on the part of the Palestinians, whereas the British government itself is officially very much pro-Zionist — it was after all the British government and the American government who jointly created the state currently known as Israel. So it stands to reason that MI5 wanted Diana out of the way, now that she was already divorced from Charles and therefore would never become a queen-consort. She was a thorn in their side, and because of her divorce from Charles, she had become expendable. But that still doesn't mean that they did kill her. We'll probably never know the truth about that, but it is definitely possible.

But if so, then it would certainly not have been per orders of Elizabeth II. She may have been the wealthiest woman on Earth — again — but she was still only a figurehead. And that was a role she played with grace, dignity, and with love for her people — a love she could only express by way of words, being the prisoner of her own status as the monarch of what had once been the British Empire, and as, until yesterday still, the official head of state of Providence-knows-how-many countries.

As the matter of fact, if we're going to look for reptilians, then perhaps we should be looking around within this so-called "alternative community", because I'm pretty sure that I've seen some of these forum nuggets exhibit reptilian behaviors — some in the past here in the Shire, and a whole lot more in the present at that big island with the ivory tower on the other side of the inter-forum ocean.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (10th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022)

Thanks

https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/st...63716339236869
    Kewl. I bet we can find pleasant anecdotes of adolf hitler as well if we look for them.

Death very very rarely is a serene endevour.
    The end of era's aren't usually very serene either.

But sure, Let's remember her for the color of her eyes, her pleasant smile and the good she has done for the world.. I mean for the house of Winsor

As for accusations wether truthful or made up.
    I have yet to meet the human being that wasn't totally corrupted by almost unlimited power.
    Somehow I don't think she managed that feat. If she did. I'll eat old bacon hats hat.
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 10th September 2022 at 00:19.
    Have a great day today

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (10th September 2022), Lord Sidious (10th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    Kewl. I bet we can find pleasant anecdotes of adolf hitler as well if we look for them.
    So now you're going to compare the old lass to Adolf Hitler?

Hitler was a dictator. Elizabeth II was only a figurehead.

I have yet to meet the human being that wasn't totally corrupted by almost unlimited power.
    Somehow I don't think she managed that feat. If she did. I'll eat old bacon hats hat.
    Look for a parcel in the mail. The salt and pepper are on their way to you.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So now you're going to compare the old lass to Adolf Hitler?

Hitler was a dictator. Elizabeth II was only a figurehead.

Look for a parcel in the mail. The salt and pepper are on their way to you.
    Not comparing anyone to anyone, Just saying that there's good and bad to be found on anybody these days.
    I seems you do think that it's possible Elizabeth managed to not get corrupted by being the queen of England?

Color me surprised.
    But that hardly is a convincing argument in my book.

I'll look forward to the proof that convinces me that she was the good mother of england to read while before digging into said Hat.
    It better be convincing, because that hat eating business is revolting.
    And not easily digested if not accompanied by deep remorse for slandering a poor old woman and being proven wrong
    Have a great day today

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2022), Fred Steeves (10th September 2022), Lord Sidious (10th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022), Wind (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Not comparing anyone to anyone, Just saying that there's good and bad to be found on anybody these days.
    I seems you do think that it's possible Elizabeth managed to not get corrupted by being the queen of England?
    While that is possible, as the queen of the British Commonwealth, she did not hold any real power — constitutional monarchies do not allow that.

Color me surprised.
    But that hardly is a convincing argument in my book.

I'll look forward to the proof that convinces me that she was the good mother of england to read while before digging into said Hat.
    It better be convincing, because that hat eating business is revolting.
    And not easily digested if not accompanied by deep remorse for slandering a poor old woman and being proven wrong

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    While that is possible, as the queen of the British Commonwealth, she did not hold any real power — constitutional monarchies do not allow that.
    True, but then Constitutional monarchs or even parliamentary democracy politicians don't hold power.
    Their just there to tell explain to us why stuff is happening.

The power lies for the most part with the people who own the money.
    The net worth of the Winsors, even though they supposedly don't own that much, and even voluntarily pay some taxes for which they were exempt still has them listed as 2nd richest in Britain.
    Some clever wordplay and numbers magic shrinks there almost obscene number of billions back to a mere 90 million pound income a year.

But yeahh...
    I'm probably imagining things, because i don't investigate all these wild media hyped stories thoroughly enough.

It's sad a 96 year old woman died.
    The people that loved her will miss her....

The dead will bury the dead. And those that know there more beyond the veil will think whatever they fancy, because the options are as numerous as there are people thinking for themselves..
    Have a great day today

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2022), Fred Steeves (10th September 2022), Lord Sidious (10th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022), Wind (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I'm actually surprised by that. Him being a die-hard Republican, I would have expected him to be radically anti-monarchy.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022)