Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buckingham Palace announces the passing of Queen Elizabeth II

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    could stomach it to half way the poor africa comments.
    Sad to see that people only see the now compared to the past instead of seeing how the past shaped the now.

Although I also don't agree with the comments of Uju Anja. Regardless of what she did in life.
    Wishing someone an excruciating death is.... Well.... People right. Useless apes, all of us.
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2022), Fred Steeves (10th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

She may have been the wealthiest woman on Earth — again — but she was still only a figurehead.
    Incorrectomundo.
    She has exercised powers that the law books say she doesn't have.
    Her jugeared pedo loving son also has.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/...als-veto-bills
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...hy-funding-nhs
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rs-for-decades
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2022), Catsquotl (10th September 2022), Fred Steeves (10th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    It is sad that the longest reigning Queen has passed... May her soul rest in peace...

For many this is devastating. I find it sad when anyone passes... Surely the wake will be spectacular...

I have much more I would like to say about some suggestions made on this thread, but I will refrain, as I find it in bad taste to do so... This is about her life, not her politics...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2022), Fred Steeves (10th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    It is sad that the longest reigning Queen has passed... May her soul rest in peace...

For many this is devastating. I find it sad when anyone passes... Surely the wake will be spectacular...

I have much more I would like to say about some suggestions made on this thread, but I will refrain, as I find it in bad taste to do so... This is about her life, not her politics...
    Sad? a 96 year old woman dies. Honestly, queen or pauper in which scenario is it sad to die at such a ripe old age?
    Also for someone forced to be queen. whenever was her life separated from her politics.
    Whenever is anyone's life separated from their actions? Be those actions in the so called political field or any other work environment.
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 10th September 2022 at 21:59. Reason: bad taste
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Lord Sidious (11th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (11th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    Sad? a 96 year old woman dies. Honestly, queen or pauper in which scenario is it sad to die at such a ripe old age?
    Also for someone forced to be queen. whenever was her life separated from her politics.
    Whenever is anyone's life separated from their actions? Be those actions in the so called political field or any other work environment.
    I am merely trying to be respectful to the topic of the thread, her death.. Although I do have some opinions on her politics... I just refrained from posting them here, as there is much negative I could say about the royals, and the monarchy..

Both things are not separated in life, but I felt the thread wasn't about that... That's alll..

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th September 2022), Fred Steeves (11th September 2022), Wind (11th September 2022)

Thanks
    I am merely trying to be respectful to the topic of the thread, her death..

Both things are not separated in life, but I felt the thread wasn't about that... That's alll..
    Have you read the thread?

Post no2 was a cry for irish independence, post 3 the same on 45 rpm, post 4 a cry for anarchism.
    Post 7 tried to find some humor in the ludicracy of it all.

from there it went pretty straight to power dynamics, politics and the eating of hats. not neccisarily in that order.
    Then the friends of the house of Windsor made their appearance, not quite the pleasant taste the serene idealism of respectful remeberance but yeahh.
    Then to close it all off some articles showing the misuse of earlier mentioned power dynamic closed of by nothing less than a judgement on the bad taste of discussing these topics here. As if all of a sudden her life didn't matter and all is well.

Honestly anything we may say here wont matter to her one bit. Whether she's in heaven, Hell, Limbo or a place of her own choosing. I believe she doesn't care about anything we say here in this little corner of the interweb.
    Have a great day today

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (11th September 2022), Lord Sidious (11th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (11th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts

Post no2 was a cry for irish independence,
    Tiocfaidh ár lá
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (11th September 2022), Fred Steeves (11th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (11th September 2022)

Thanks

Post no2 was a cry for irish independence, post 3 the same on 45 rpm, post 4 a cry for anarchism.
    Post 7 tried to find some humor in the ludicracy of it all.

from there it went pretty straight to power dynamics, politics and the eating of hats. not neccisarily in that order.
    Then the friends of the house of Windsor made their appearance, not quite the pleasant taste the serene idealism of respectful remeberance but yeahh.
    Then to close it all off some articles showing the misuse of earlier mentioned power dynamic closed of by nothing less than a judgement on the bad taste of discussing these topics here. As if all of a sudden her life didn't matter and all is well.

Honestly anything we may say here wont matter to her one bit. Whether she's in heaven, Hell, Limbo or a place of her own choosing. I believe she doesn't care about anything we say here in this little corner of the interweb.
    OMG I am cracking up here...

Ok, here we go,

First, if the people truly believe it was only those prior to her reign? That pillaged the people, and that caused them any harm, I have a bridge Aragorn offered to sell me... I can surely buy it relatively cheaply, and make a little profit reselling it! Really I hear the Brooklyn Bridge fetched quite the sum, back in the day...

And if people thought that she really had zero voice in the running of her kingdom... OMG I CAN'T... REALLY? She had all the say, and none of the criticisms, as she wore her little Easter dresses and bonnets while the politicians took the heat in her place...

And her jewels, someone said that she was so kind as to give them to the state... um folks? SHE OWNS THE STATE doesn't she?

I won't go into the whole reptilian thing, but I do believe that someone in those palaces liked to strip young boys and girls bare, and hunt them... For what purpose? Personally I don't even want to go there, I can only hope that the snipers in the world, get better aim, and begin to take out the real problem folks on this planet...

Really, as an American I don't have much to say about the Royal family, aside from Diana was very photogenic and her story somewhat tragic. In fact it is all tragic that some people are born as if livestock, and groomed from a young age to be nothing more than a face and a wave... No true happiness, balls, perfect gowns, no sense of what the real world is like, both tragic and beautiful in so many ways.

And the real prize for them is to have a man of some nobility, taking a liking to them... The higher the better, they have done their "Job". Just pop out a few babies, and act happy!!! It's all so very tragic. And these are the people who, from their carriages, look down at people as if they are somehow "less than"?

I cannot imagine that she found Charles interesting or handsome in any way, especially as a young girl, but she was not groomed to find true love, but instead, to be a quiet companion to people of power, and to keep her mouth shut, and to fill a role. A lifelong miserable role, in which even the benefits of the jewels and public out pouring of love for her, were never enough to keep her happy.. What an empty life those girls are expected to live... What they were expected to tolerate alone, just being in those situations , I cannot imagine.

How did they ever claim royalty to begin with? Who supposedly bestowed this title onto that family? I never researched this, so if someone knows???

And very few mention that her loyalties were more to the Vatican than her people...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (12th September 2022), Lord Sidious (12th September 2022), Wind (12th September 2022)

Thanks
    There you go..

Although I must say that getting the reptilian connection with the hunting of naked children in there is a bit much for my personal taste.
    Still didn't really change the way everyone saw her. My guess is you didn't get struck down by lightning just now.
    So that went relatively well..

Now back to the 3 pillars of speech.

Is it truthful.
    Is it timely.
    Is it kind.

hmmm
    Have a great day today

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (12th September 2022)

Thanks
    geesh you are a hard man to please, but quite funny, nice to meet you!..

I promise to try to observe those 3 pillars... on my next post...

I thought I had in the first one hahaha...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (12th September 2022)

Thanks
    It's ok.
    I don't need pleasing..
    Also. Please just follow your own pillars of speech.
    And don't promise things you can't keep.
    I know I do/don't..

The older I get the more I see It doesn't really matter much what we think or say.
    Especially on forums like these.

I guess our actions matter somewhat, although i've seen a lot of backfires as well from well intentioned action.
    So there goes that out the window.

Anyhoe
    It's nice to meet you 2.
    Have a great day today

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    OMG I am cracking up here...

How did they ever claim royalty to begin with? Who supposedly bestowed this title onto that family? I never researched this, so if someone knows???

And very few mention that her loyalties were more to the Vatican than her people...
    Some of the descendents of Richard III argue that Henry Tudor's assumption of the throne following the Battle of Bosworth Field was unlawful, so it should be one of them. But it's a moot point. We have abolished and then re-established the monarchy since then, and in so doing determined that Parliament chooses the monarch, expressing the will of the people. That being the case, Queen Elizabeth II is the rightful sovereign of the United Kingdom. She ascended the throne according to the wishes of Parliament
    I guess that's as good an explanation as any.
    In short Parliament chooses who is King or Queen. Finding out who tells parliament who to choose is another matter. My guess is that ties to the Vatican are well worth the research when you want to go down that particular rabbit hole.
    Have a great day today

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    I guess that's as good an explanation as any.
    In short Parliament chooses who is King or Queen. Finding out who tells parliament who to choose is another matter. My guess is that ties to the Vatican are well worth the research when you want to go down that particular rabbit hole.
    Well,

I watched the entirety of her coronation, multiple times, several hours each time.. And kept my focus on the other royalty that walked down the aisles both before and after her, and there were some very thin, very tall, very strange looking individuals in those videos...

Just my observations... They certainly didn't look like us in many ways!

Perhaps there is something to ancient civilizations still existing... But that is speculation as well...

This land is full of rabbit holes, and once you fall into one, there is no recovering completely lol, you will tend to fall into any more that you find, if even just out of curiousity...

The Vatican new art collection is very interesting!!!