Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I voted for Trump, and plan to do so again

Thanks

I voted for Trump, and plan to do so again

This is long post about why Trump is not only popular, but NEEDED...

I do hope if you hate Trump, that you read what Democrats are doing to California...

This is my position, as I live it, in California.. Born and raised.. Not some random news channel telling you what they are told to.. I once used to consider myself Democrat.... Until I opened my eyes to what they were really doing...

I know, many believe he is a pig, and that he treats ladies poorly, etc... I can easily see why most that do not live in America judge the man so poorly... He isn't a great spokesman, nor is he a very humble man. Arrogant is the right word for him... And he is a figurehead for the most part, we all know that.
    But when it comes to Republicans being in control in America, versus Democrats, we actually need him, in so many ways... He is helping to wake Americans up to their situation... The imminent collapse of America will happen, if we stand idle and do nothing...

It isn't about Republican versus Democrats at this point, it is about big government vs. the people.

Trump did avert paying taxes, using the many legal loopholes that all the rich use. But it was a political move on the part of Democrats, to hang the noose of being somehow unconstitutional, and leave it hanging for an emotional reaction. It worked. They never followed up on it, as it would bring light to their own uses of said system... Go figure.

Putting any president into a position of accountability, as the "Person in charge" only takes the heat off of the real power brokers who are destroying this nation of individual states...

What Trump does do, is awaken people to the corporate corruption... He is also hitting on many truths that do make America a weaker country, and he builds up the momentum of getting back to the days when we produced our own products, we had our own resources, not everything was farmed out for the highest bid. When things collapse, and they will at this rate, we will lose the ability to have those resources, as we sold out our interests in such things long ago...

Simple truth, America is a corporation, and Trump is a businessman... And knows who and how to make it work... We need someone who understands how to run a corporation... Negotiations are all about property, whether real or future... And Trump has the top aides in such things... And if we farm everything out, what are we selling that is rightfully ours? When we absolutely need it, if the neighbors won't give it to us?

As far as out of country armchair Trump bashers...

There are many things going on, that the rest of the world never hears.. Americans DO support Trump because he attempts to give the power back to those willing to work hard for it, or at least suggests they should take that power back.... while Democrats give away the efforts of the many, in favor of those who are lazy, and not willing to put forth real effort.

You can stop here if you like, as I am going to give a very detailed insight as to what it is like in California, under Democratic control... Pay attention, other states, who hate Trump, and vote party lines, versus real issues... As this may be your state next, after ours collapses...

California is turning into a s***hole as a result of Democrat leadership... (State level).. Lifelong residents can't get out of the state fast enough, while druggies, alcoholics, abusers of the free money system, cartels, and immigrants that are undocumented, criminals being imported, are receiving benefits that are crushing the economy here. Jails, are filling up, as it is one great stream of steady guaranteed county revenue, for little effort... and it is all about the corporation. They get paid to do such things...

About the drug issues...

They don't treat drug issues, they offer free alternatives in pill form instead, turning these individuals into zombies... (Or just provide free drug safe houses for them to continue to get high in... Don't want your best customers dead do you?).. And they keep the money flowing in for such things... Treat the druggies, and you have no footing to ask for more cash "To help them"...

They give away clean needles, and take over locations and offer the drug addicts a "Safe Place" to get high, which only supports the problem. And you can find this information online if you know to look for it... I am not kidding, they are offering this all over California as well...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLnfNDLuDgk

It's insanity... They, (Enter any group that is involved in political corruption here) are importing the drugs, and giving a safe haven for those addicted, rather than treatment or punishment. You don't want your clientele to die right? You want to keep them using...

About the abuse of the free handout system...

When Co-Vid hit, they gave all of these individuals free bank cards, and loaded them up with $22,000.00. (I am not joking...) PLUS they gave them free food cards, free phones, free medical care, free dental... And free motel rooms so they wouldn't spread CoVid. The rates for this housing, ran upwards of over $6,000 a month for these free stays, depending on the location and their room rates. AT OUR EXPENSE...

For comparison, an average worker, making minimum wage for an entire year, after taxes, would be lucky to bring home $22,000 in that year... And they were given this money freely... A worker couldn't even afford the hotel room for 6 months, much less everything else. You can see why it is so appealing to just quit working.

Within months, many had vehicles, and destroyed them. Driving while high, and they're mostly all back on the streets again, in worse shape than before, while our taxes went up to pay for this ... Welcome to California... And Democracy...

Thanks to Biden and Pelosi... And can't forget Newsome... and all the Democrats who believe they are "Saving America"... Trump, while unable to change it, is bringing awareness to it...

But most who do not live in the states, never hear of this type of nonsense... They have stopped jailing these individuals, but instead, send them out into the community, as they know that jail will not sober them up... And they won't pay for their crimes when fined...

About the relocation, for profit, of those that use the system entirely, whether as criminals, or just the average citizen aware of how to use it...

Because California is so kind to these individuals, they are literally busing them in from other states now, crashing the local economies in turn, as most will not venture into towns with masses of homeless begging, urinating, defacating, and drinking on the streets, assaulting those who do walk by. They range from homeless, to drug addicts, to criminals, very few have medical issues or are unable to care for themselves, this unique new crowd chooses this lifestyle.

We went from one or two, relatively kind vagrants to multiple dozens of them and more coming... They verbally assault the employees going to work in my town, and those who may wish to enter any shop... They even chase cars, yelling at them. It isn't pretty, and this is a new phenomenon since Biden took office. Blame CoVid if you wish but it is the Democrats shuttling them in buses... Not the virus.

It didn't happen immediately, but it did happen as a result of Democrats "changing laws". You can't smoke a cigarette in town without being harassed, but they can smoke dope, and drink openly... Because they do not get harassed, as they know the jails won't keep them, and they won't get paid for the fines.. As a result the police only police those that have money to pay actual fines now.

Their behavior will only pull down, those barely hanging on as a weekly employee, into the same situation they're in, perhaps minus the drug problem. If they force these businesses to close due to the people harassing anyone who walks by... As most town employees are paid only minimum wage.

The relocation, for profit, of criminals...

It gets worse...

I live in a town that has only 2500 residents... Our town used to bus in tourists for business, now they're busing in prisoners from other jails for profit, just to keep town financially going as businesses fail.... (they get paid to house the more serious offenders. Then they are releasing them on the streets, away from home, with no resources to get back home. This didn't start to happen until after Biden took office, or when Democrats get locally elected... People are DONE with that kind of nonsense... and I live in a TINY TOWN... Literally one off ramp, and zero street traffic lights!

The rate of issues in any community should be comparable to that place, but by placing these larger city volumes of criminals into small towns, they're overwhelming them.

In my small town, we have about 12 houses on my street. We have a grocery store, and 3 schools for kids up to the 8th grade, literally on my street.... and the high school is less than 2 miles away... In the middle, between the grade schools and the High school, they built a low income housing project. You must be homeless or on benefits to get an apartment there. Most on benefits in my area, are drug abusers... And violent when they are high!... we are constantly calling the police due to fights across the street, as it is a school, and after school hours, they treat the property as a park, even though it is private property... No one is around to shoo them away...

Last week someone barged into my yard, high as a kite, and ripped the cover off of one of my husbands motorcycles... He thought it was his stolen bike, and in a drug filled haze, decided to take things into his own hands... He is lucky I didn't shoot him in the face... That's all I will say about that, as I am tired of the "nonsense" (is a nicer way to say it)...

I made sure he knew that this area is armed, as there are many pot growers in the hills around here... We are not one of those pot farmers, but we do see the resulting riff raff when trimmers, also on benefits, and making upwards of $10,000 a week "off the books", (while buying steaks on our dime), using their benefit cards, and claiming "unemployment". And enough BS has happened over bad drug deals to spark the need to arm yourself... Sad in such a beautiful small community...

It is sickening, watching them drive around in BMW's, and I have had enough. We once had some guy, high as a kite, walk into our living room in the middle of the night, thinking he was going into someone else's house! Fortunately Marc was calm and talked both of them down so I didn't shoot them... Had I been alone, it may have been a different story altogether.

THIS is why people are arming themselves in California, they are not out looking for fights, it is for protection because of what is going on...

They are placing homeless druggies, within minutes of walking distance to kindergartners. And within 2 miles away, as they built ANOTHER apartment complex of at least 50 apartments, that are also reserved 80% for homeless, or government rentals, where the government picks up the bill at our expense... and the other 20%, is reserved for those that get out of jail! (Also paid for by the taxpayer)...

None of this was talked about with those that live in the community, they just did it. And they will house any one released, regardless of the offense... So they could be housing child molesters! This was absolutely planned, as ground broke as they started to bus these people to my community... Knowing, if they had some form of housing, they would stay in the area.. It wasn't a result of the overflow, it was planned.

If that wasn't ridiculous enough, The homeless started a fire, right after one of the complexes were finished, because some were pissed off they didn't build enough units for ALL of the homeless. Instead, saving 20% of the overall apartments for those released from jail... TURF WARS, in a tiny town! They are warring between the homeless and jail released individuals!... Actually starting fires, in an already desperate fire season area, because of who is getting the most free benefits!

Keep in mind this is a 50 unit complex. and our town, the actual city limits, covers about a 2 square miles radius... 50!!! And that wasn't enough, they built another complex! At the end of my street... Within 1/4 mile from all three schools... The criteria is you must be homeless to qualify for the place, as it is guaranteed income for the property owner, as the state pays all the rents for the homeless.. They are all "in bed" with each other...

Essentially, this is mere "Guaranteed income", for the developer... not giving a damn about the impact it had on the local community... Out of sight, out of mind... Not our problem anymore...

They did it because they knew the jails were importing inmates... It was a well thought out plan, and well funded as well... Prior to that, the prisoners would hang around a few days until they could find a way to get back home, now they're busing them into the community and offering them free housing when they are released! I believe it was a planned way to move the homeless and criminals out of their cities..

As I said, we had just a few vagrants prior to about 2 years ago.. And now we have two full communities being built for them, and they're full! And they're asking for more... It isn't solving any issues, just hiding them in small communities. Thank you Democrats!

I wouldn't want my young child in the school system, if there will be at least 100 homeless now (not counting those that were not given housing)... wandering around my very young children, high as a kite, or worse 10-20% of those, just having been released from jail!

The chances of those few drugs addicts we did have in our community getting sober, with all of these druggies just 1/2 a mile from my home, is slim to none... And they closed down the ONLY treatment house in the area, and just building housing for them, instead of teaching them to get sober and get their own homes.

They are going to have to keep building housing for the individuals they keep busing up... Until there are no residents that are keeping the town thriving.. And those building the housing complexes, are very aware of what they're doing..

I fully expect this to begin happening in our area soon, as it is the city jails that are busing criminals to our jail and releasing them... And it has already started...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYHfK6KYtE

The Democrats are destroying California. No doubt about it, and if getting a Republican president, shifts the total number of Republicans to the majority, perhaps more can change in a positive way... But I am not holding my breath... The more they give away, the sooner we reach that tipping point where they will always vote Democrat..

Where does Trump fit into this? He is wakening people up to the shenanigans of the Democrats, and as a result, more Republicans can be elected into state positions... Word of mouth goes a long way, supporting Republican candidates would help in this endeavor. Never thought I would say it, but we need more Republicans in California.. As it is, many are trying to succeed from the State of California, as the city laws and dues are more than little town America can handle... And I believe there are many states looking for actual loopholes in the written documents of America's founding that will allow them to legally break free of the corrupt system we are all living under. Sadly, those inn power would use the military might of the Corporation of the Unite States to stop them should they progress to any degree

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxV4TP5hJ8

I will stop here... And cut the rest off... But there is so much to say... So many topics, that while they may seem insignificant to the whole, are really early warning signs to how this could happen in your state or country...

I will save that information, and perhaps add it at a later date... in smaller increments..

I am not "Against" Democrats... in any way... I want to say that... I am however, against what they have done to my state, and hope people do not allow them to destroy their states as well, much the same way..
    Last edited by Silly Wabbit, 5th September 2022 at 20:05.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), Fred Steeves (5th September 2022), PurpleLama (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    As long as the people give their power away to some politician.
    needed, neccisary, good for its people or otherwise endowed with benefic adjectives.

We will never become free.
    Not that anyone deserves to be mind, but then I don't live in the states so what do I know..

Mars is goint to go rampage my 7th house for the next 8months.. Good times ahead..
    Have a great day today

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), Aragorn (5th September 2022), Lord Sidious (5th September 2022), PurpleLama (6th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (5th September 2022), Wind (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    I apologize if some things are out of place, or doubled... I got interrupted several times while writing that out.

I will fix it tomorrow... and shorten it.. Some links went up twice, some didn't post properly. Long day.... I do apologize

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), PurpleLama (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    I feel he will not run, another will run and win instead, i did get the the last election right so i have a wee bit of cred regards election outcomes though a Kiwi.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I don't think Trump, Biden, or any particular president for that matter, has a lot to do with what's going on in California, Denise. That would be mostly the governors and their legislatures. Individual states are pretty autonomous for the most part, only dealing with federal government in areas like major infrastructure and such.

Of course I don't live there, but I do try and keep somewhat track of things, and for sure I've been hearing about that homeless problem long before Sleepy Joe arrived on the scene. Maybe it's just now flowing out into the smaller communities like yours, but it's been a problem for some time now, therefore it was even a problem when Orange Jesus was in charge.

Do you know how easily most drug affiliated problems could be solved? Decriminalize them. The power and influence of cartels goes up in smoke at that point. Remember that it was the criminalization of alcohol that made mobsters like Al Capone, those problems vanished soon as alcohol was again made legal.

It's deep state type of thinking to keep wars going, everything is a war.

I don't think you're stupid, and society at large has lapsed into the rather lazy mindset of "the others are just stupid", "the others are bad" type of crap. You've got serious problems there, and you're of course looking for a solution, I just don't see any way in hell that Trump or any republicans are looking to be of service to the good people of California, any more than the democrats that you're already having to suffer. None of them really give a shit! I used to believe that it mattered, that it mattered a lot! And just like you I bought into republican right wing sing song for 20 years, dutifully listening to the likes of Rush Limbaugh every day, thinking people like Newt Gingrich were the answer, but eventually it began to creep up on me that despite all the years of rhetoric and promises of a freer America, things just kept slowly getting worse.

Now those 20 years had already exposed me to how terrible the democrats were, so there was no out of the fire and into the frying pan action going on there, it simply left me with the fact that none of them really cared, and that most of them had been lying through their teeth every time I rushed to either hear what they had to say on FOX NEWS, or Glenn Beck.

We're trained that it's perfectly natural to only have these two parties to choose from, you have to pick one, and become part of the team fighting for "the good guys".

Trump saw his in for the 2016 run, run as a populist the people are desperate and ready for that. Average republicans were tiring of their same old run of the mill candidates, while at the same time, many loyal democrats were seeing cracks in the facade of heroes like "The Great Hope" Barack Obama. For all Obama's lofty promises, they were still losing their jobs and watching small towns die due to jobs being sent over seas.

So right on cue enters the next "Great Hope", the new guy with orange hair everyone already knows, who's been watching all the bullshit from the sidelines for years, been studying it, and has all the answers to blow the whole thing up and start fresh again. I must admit it was somewhat refreshing in a way watching him blow through the tired old republican candidates, accurately describe "the swamp" and how he was going to drain it, praising Julian Assange, correctly labeling Hillary as "crooked", and so on.

But nothing fundamentally changed. A lot of rah rah about the wall, dirty dangerous immigrants, a tax cut mostly for the wealthy (nothing new for republicans), came within a whisper of sparking a needless was with Iran, tried numerous coups against Venezuela, kept Uncle Sam's foot on the neck of Syria, sold the Saudis all the weapons they could possibly dream of while vetoing a measure to cease support of their genocide in Yemen, and even managed to get his now former hero Julian Assange thrown in a dungeon awaiting extradition.

Denise, this is all typical deep state shit from democrats, as well as republicans! Are okay with all of that?

I watched for years over at PA as excuse after excuse was given, prediction after prediction of his soon to be revealed 4D chess prowess revealed fell by the wayside, but it just didn't matter, and it still doesn't. This is what's likely to happen when putting one's faith all on one man, if he fails that's it, it's over, so in that mindset he's just never going to fail regardless of actual track record.

It's very similar to people putting all their hopes on other presidents. Look at all the people who still love the Clintons FFS, omg! And look at the bent around like a pretzel excuses people give for Joe Biden's obvious mental decline, "it's just a stutter" for instance.

So anyway, then 20/20 rolls around, and talk about draining the swamp is gone from this campaign, it slowly turned into mostly just angry rhetoric. And one thing I remember specifically was that the only way he could lose, would be if there were cheating involved.

That of course gave us January 6, strolling hand in hand with the Qanon type crowd, that was great... And now he's embracing Q even more, oh boy that's promising...

And what's he mostly talking about to this day? I don't see any legislative goals coming from him. By himself he promises to shut down a few institutions and that's about it.

I think a lot of people's hopes and dreams adorn their mental image of this man, as opposed to how he really is.

What are the major accomplishments of his 4 years in office? What is he promising today for the future? What happened to drain the swamp?
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 5th September 2022 at 14:54.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), Lord Sidious (5th September 2022), PurpleLama (6th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (5th September 2022), Wind (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    I just turned on the television.
    and saw Judge Jerry!

Just when I thought the America's had some standard somewhere..

Did ya'll know that Jerry Springer had a tv-judge show now?
    I definetly would like to see him run for president.
    Wouldn't be surprised if he did pretty well.
    He's been a mayor befor hasn't he?

Anyway, stepping off my wonders of the America's soapbox.
    Have fun.

Our little nook of the world isn't much more enlightened at the moment.
    Ah well.
    Have a great day today

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), PurpleLama (6th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I feel he will not run, another will run and win instead, i did get the the last election right so i have a wee bit of cred regards election outcomes though a Kiwi.
    He gave a rally speech a few days ago in Pennsylvania... Sounds like he may be running... Or at least he was pushing for people to vote Republican. Hinting that he may be, by ending the Biden political career...

Last edited by Silly Wabbit, 5th September 2022 at 21:06.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    I fully watch every rally as it is the pulse, imo.

Yes hinting but atm he-they cannot say so as that begins processes as you probably know.

I feel to cease the worst division amongst those that have believed the corpaRATe media, another may take his place with full backing from him, this takes away the an intense karmic aspect imo also.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    Hi Fred!

OMG THANK YOU for having a nice conversation, and pointing out the things that I couldn't, meaning the larger picture, as eloquently as you did... I never claimed to be good at getting my point across .. I agreed with everything that you wrote. And then you asked this...

Denise, this is all typical deep state shit from democrats, as well as republicans! Are okay with all of that?

NO... No I am not... And I agree, it is both sides, running the same game... People having to vote for the "lesser of two evils", particular candidates only being given podium time, if they are one of the two top parties, guaranteeing one of them the spot... It all a well orchestrated game, deliberately laid out for one goal, and it doesn't matter who wins, as we will still get the same nonsense. And the president absolutely is NOT the tip of the spear... Contrary to popular belief.

Both sides singling out what they believe will grab the masses, and get them votes... Even creating issues in the media, prior to running, that they can then base their platform upon... And this last election shows the depravity of the nation as a whole, where actual presidential candidates are on stage saying things such as "C'Mon Man" , as if they're in a locker room, and not running for the presidential seat...

We're in trouble if they believe this is the best that we have, and they will change anything... It's a puppet show. Nothing more. And they believe they are hitting the masses at our level with this sideshow... Making them "More relatable".. This only shows the lack of respect and intelligence that "the powers that be", believe the American people have, or lack.

Wars were fought over much less, on this soil.. The Revolutionary war was fought over taxation... Both on the import of tea, and the Stamp Act, which really was the British trying to impose taxation on the colonists. I believe the overall taxation was 2%, but there was no taxation at the time, and those who came to America had no desire to be taxed... And fought against it...

Yet now, we have the Feds raising taxes on everything... To the point where we are taxed when we earn it, taxed when we spend it, taxed if we share it, save it, or earn interest on it, and when we die, our heirs pay taxes on it as a gain... and the states are no different, doing the same.

Our taxes are rising to unbelievable proportions yet no one complains. It's as if they're happy to be debt slaves. All while believing that their votes matter.. Trump, in his rhetoric, has riled the nation however, whether deliberately or not, to question such things.. To be upset about them... And that's a good thing in my opinion, and long overdue.

They are walking on slippery ground, using "we are fed up, and we are not going to take it anymore"... Because we ARE fed up, and do not want to take it anymore....

Neither Trump, nor Biden, or any political candidate, will have any major sway with what happens with this country... But with the perceived power, that the masses actually believe they have? Trumps words just may spark humanity into action against the nonsense, whether intentional or not.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Fred Steeves (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    OMG THANK YOU for having a nice conversation
    I think it's vital that we all still be able to respectfully talk to each other, to think of others as human beings first, and whatever their personal politics may be a distant second. One thing I'm seeing way too much of these days is the dehumanization of anyone with a different view of the world, they become "the others", "the enemy", many things like that other than being a fellow human sharing this planet with us first and foremost.

It's refreshing to see someone actually spell out why they like a certain national leader or party, and why they don't like the other party, Vern "Aianawa" could learn a valuable lesson from you doing this and express his own well thought out opinions, as opposed to spamming the place with memes and such that do his thinking for him. Yes Vern, I'm calling you out on that, think and speak for yourself man...

And I agree, it is both sides, running the same game... People having to vote for the "lesser of two evils", particular candidates only being given podium time, if they are one of the two top parties, guaranteeing one of them the spot... It all a well orchestrated game, deliberately laid out for one goal, and it doesn't matter who wins, as we will still get the same nonsense. And the president absolutely is NOT the tip of the spear... Contrary to popular belief.
    So now then I feel compelled to point out that you're agreeing the problem is with both parties now, but that's not what you were saying in your opening post:

So living here and voting for Trump, doesn't mean people are idiots... They want change, and change was happening when he was president... People began to vote Republican, which is what our state needs.
    So YES, I now vote Republican..
    Where does Trump fit into this? He is wakening people up to the shenanigans of the Democrats, and as a result, more Republicans can be elected into state positions... Word of mouth goes a long way, supporting Republican candidates would help in this endeavor. Never thought I would say it, but we need more Republicans in California..
    Are you cheerleading for republicans, or not?

Sticking with part of that first quote above:

And the president absolutely is NOT the tip of the spear... Contrary to popular belief.
    And this:

Trumps words just may spark humanity into action against the nonsense, whether intentional or not.
    What words is Trump speaking these days that may lead to this? I only ever see him bringing attention to himself as being the tip of the spear, and actually, beyond complaining about the last election and democrats, that's about all I see him talking about, period.

I saw clearly where he inspired people for 2016, for 2020 all talk about the swamp was gone while Assange was rotting in a dungeon, and it's still gone. Can you point me to where he's still inspiring people beyond just presenting himself as... "Donald The Great"?

I guess I'd like to know how you feel about him cheering on the events of January 6th as well, do you think he set a good example for leadership qualities?

Socrates

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (5th September 2022), Wind (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    I think it's vital that we all still be able to respectfully talk to each other, to think of others as human beings first, and whatever their personal politics may be a distant second. One thing I'm seeing way too much of these days is the dehumanization of anyone with a different view of the world, they become "the others", "the enemy", many things like that other than being a fellow human sharing this planet with us first and foremost.

It's refreshing to see someone actually spell out why they like a certain national leader or party, and why they don't like the other party, Vern "Aianawa" could learn a valuable lesson from you doing this and express his own well thought out opinions, as opposed to spamming the place with memes and such that do his thinking for him. Yes Vern, I'm calling you out on that, think and speak for yourself man...

So now then I feel compelled to point out that you're agreeing the problem is with both parties now, but that's not what you were saying in your opening post:

Are you cheerleading for republicans, or not? [/QUOTE]

I want to be very clear in that, I am not cheerleading for any party overall.... Whether Republican or Democrat... Nor did I intend to give the impression that I was in any way loyal to the Republican party... I was trying to express why I felt that California, in this time, needed more powerful Republican representation. As we have to essentially choose between the limited 2 parties, so I wanted to share why I felt that way... as a lifetime resident of the state...

I was not in any way degrading either party, nor holding either in high regard... Just explaining why we needed a shift from Democrats to Republicans and why..

Let me try to explain...

I believe that the system overall, is fundamentally flawed... But I am also aware that this is the system we currently have, so I try, like many others, to work within this. Perhaps I could have better shared that sentiment... Perhaps I need to change my opening post... Forgive me if I made that feeling come across....

Essentially, I vote for what I feel is right, across party lines if need be, based upon the issues at hand, the person running, and why I believe we need them, rather than party lines...

I am NOT A REPUBLICAN, NOR AM I A DEMOCRAT...

Actually, I only changed my politically affiliation to Republican to vote for Trump, as it was required, if I wished to vote for him in the primaries... Actually, I was registered as an Independent prior to that... And when I really felt strongly about something, would jump through the hoops to be able to vote, but always went back to Independent.

The post and thread was my perspective, as a resident of California, as to why I voted for Trump, and would do so again. And how I felt that having more Republlican representation, in higher positions in California is very needed... Based upon what I see the Democrats doing now. And not all Democrats, I believe I named those I felt were the worst...

I do believe that both parties are problematic... In fact we shouldn't have "Party lines" at all in my opinion. In a country that was created to support the beliefs and desires of the supposed "free" people... In what they called the "Free World"... I believe that we should all have the freedom to determine our own destiny, within reason, as we all have to work together... But I believe that all voter should be participating in voting for things that will affect them, not just those who bought their way to the top, behind closed doors...
    I believe we need an entirely new system, but we don't have that...

By creating "parties", and relatively few of them at most, it forces the masses to vote for the party that first hits their biggest issue with government, even if they do not believe any of the other things the party stands for... I don't believe in it at all... But this is what we have, and until that changes... well you know... We have to find some way to make it work. I personally believe the whole system is fundamentally flawed...

Having said that, and noting that this is what we DO have.... My post, was specifically made about California... And my opinions based upon how I believe that Republicans at best, would do less damage to the state than the Democrats are, that we have here now.. While we do have some Republicans in offices, I believe we do not have enough to make any true significant changes, to better the situation for all that live here in California...

In my opinion, None will fix them all, but it is getting late for some changes, and we will lose the opportunity to fix them, if we don't act sooner than later...

Because I have spent my entire life living in this state, that is the only state I feel I should have an opinion on, as it directly affects me, my kids, my retirement, my well being as a citizen.... I cannot speak for other states, or which party, if any, would better suit the things happening in those areas...

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

And this:

What words is Trump speaking these days that may lead to this? I only ever see him bringing attention to himself as being the tip of the spear, and actually, beyond complaining about the last election and democrats, that's about all I see him talking about, period.

I saw clearly where he inspired people for 2016, for 2020 all talk about the swamp was gone while Assange was rotting in a dungeon, and it's still gone. Can you point me to where he's still inspiring people beyond just presenting himself as... "Donald The Great"?

I guess I'd like to know how you feel about him cheering on the events of January 6th as well, do you think he set a good example for leadership qualities?
    " What words is Trump speaking these days that may lead to this? I only ever see him bringing attention to himself as being the tip of the spear, and actually, beyond complaining about the last election and democrats, that's about all I see him talking about, period. "

Good question... I accidentally cut part of my original post to the thread, and it covered a lot more that didn't appear in the final post, as the day grew longer, and I forgot what had been there... I cut it even more today...

But what was left out, was some key issues that Trump had brought up, both in his campaigning, as well as after he took office. Things that were California specific... I left left out partly by accident, and secondly because I didn't have the links to show to others at the time... And I have yet to look them up again...

It is no secret that Nancy Pelosi cannot stand the man... They do not get along... Here is a quick snippet of how she behaves around Donald Trump, while having a temper tantrum because she doesn't like what he is saying... This, while he is giving a State of the Union address to the entire nation. She can't even attempt to be a civilized human being, or "grown up..." but instead this is the type of behavior we are seeing from someone running this state, and making policies for us. Does anyone believe she really cares what they think, if this is how she openly treats the president? I sure don't. It is not professional, it wasn't funny, nor was it appropriate.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vucSkYJcvho

She was ripping up her copy of his speech... Arrogance and self smugness at it's finest... And as such, Trump was given plenty of ammo in her case... But it isn't uncommon for candidates and politicians to suggest their constituents are up to no good... They all do it, and this was her reaction to him having done just the same thing to her... Essentially calling her out in from of California residents, and rightfully so.

I would agree... Trump is arrogant, he claims he is the best thing that ever happened to America.. I have seen the same thing... None of which I claimed I admired however...

I merely claimed that he is waking up many sleeping people, much like you said about the Julian Assange stuff, and many other topics.... Things most politicians would never touch. It gave the average American the sense that they had someone in office not afraid to call out such things... To feel a sense of "I have your back"... Together we will fix this mess...I am using my voice, feel free to use yours... Kind of Vibe... That was what I was applauding more than anything... I did like that people felt more open to get involved with what they feel is really happening around them... as it is important...

And this began to happen when he came on the scene. People wanted change, they wanted some freedom back, they wanted to be heard... Not just regulated, taxed, and beat into submission. And I felt it was much needed. And I am referring to the 2016 and 2020 time frame that you noted above... In that way he did inspire people...

As far as inspiring people, I just watched his speech in Pennsylvania... And yes, it was much the same when he was running for president...While he did take shots at how things are going, and inflate his ego, in many ways again, he did ignite some inspiration that people can make a difference. While he stopped short of suggesting he will run again, he did hint that maybe he should, only with a new logo. Anyone who comes out onto the scene, and challenges the status quo unapologetically inspires people. I posted the link above of the event.

As far as the events of Jan 6th. and him cheering them on. As far as him setting a good example of leadership qualities, I would say yes and no.... Yes it is a good example to suggest that the public should not fear their government, and no it is not good leadership to cheer something on that gets out of control. If I remember properly, when things did begin to get out of hand he did tell them they should stand down. I have to be honest, I wasn't following that very closely when it happened... As I said, I wasn't praising Trump for what he did during his time in office, but more the fundamental changes, the feeling of strength that he promoted within the country, the promotion of actually achieving something, building something, rather than just settling...

He made people feel like should they attempt to create something, that perhaps they could achieve it. That we needed to rebuild, actually work on our foundations, our infrastructure, our own independence, not just using the word but embracing its meaning and becoming independent. And if he was to run again, those same principles and same inspirational things would happen.

He makes no apologies for being a pig, for marrying beauty and showing it off... How people choose to react to that, is on them. So many people want to blame Trump for those individuals climbing into their vehicles, showing up and doing whatever it was they did. Even if he suggested it, they all had the free will to say, "Nah, that's not right"... Or even better show up and be peaceful. But we have this mob mentality that takes over. What he did during and afterwards would equally be judged, but he wasn't even there. I did not follow it closely enough to have an opinion, but he is not the only president who exercised bad judgement... I will grant you that.

I just hope that in the future the standards of behavior rises to the level of what we believe the office to be... Rather than what we know it truly is... A front. And that's sad... It really is

I don't think our government, or those seeking positions of power in our society have been exhibiting good leadership qualities for quite some time now... Obama, Clinton, Trump, Biden, either of the Bushes.... (I wasn't paying attention much during Carter, Reagan, and the rest)...

As far as promoting Republicans to becoming the majority voice for California? I am not saying some Democrats can't do the job required to fix things, what I am saying is that they all tend to fall into party lines... And as a result, I do believe that some Republican leadership may be fruitful in fixing our issues. It's just a hope, and a personal observation. I am sure there are many Democrats who would disagree with me suggesting Republicans should be in control right now... But it's just my opinion as a resident.

Are you cheerleading for republicans, or not? [/QUOTE]

I want to be very clear in that, I am not cheerleading for any party overall.... Whether Republican or Democrat... Nor did I intend to give the impression that I was in any way loyal to the Republican party... I was trying to express why I felt that California, in this time, needed more powerful Republican representation. As we have to essentially choose between the limited 2 parties, so I wanted to share why I felt that way... as a lifetime resident of the state...

I was not in any way degrading either party, nor holding either in high regard... Just explaining why we needed a shift from Democrats to Republicans and why..

Let me try to explain...

I believe that the system overall, is fundamentally flawed... But I am also aware that this is the system we currently have, so I try, like many others, to work within this. Perhaps I could have better shared that sentiment... Perhaps I need to change my opening post... Forgive me if I made that feeling come across....

Essentially, I vote for what I feel is right, across party lines if need be, based upon the issues at hand, the person running, and why I believe we need them, rather than party lines...

I am NOT A REPUBLICAN, NOR AM I A DEMOCRAT...

Actually, I only changed my politically affiliation to Republican to vote for Trump, as it was required, if I wished to vote for him in the primaries... Actually, I was registered as an Independent prior to that... And when I really felt strongly about something, would jump through the hoops to be able to vote, but always went back to Independent.

The post and thread was my perspective, as a resident of California, as to why I voted for Trump, and would do so again. And how I felt that having more Republlican representation, in higher positions in California is very needed... Based upon what I see the Democrats doing now. And not all Democrats, I believe I named those I felt were the worst...

I do believe that both parties are problematic... In fact we shouldn't have "Party lines" at all in my opinion. In a country that was created to support the beliefs and desires of the supposed "free" people... In what they called the "Free World"... I believe that we should all have the freedom to determine our own destiny, within reason, as we all have to work together... But I believe that all voter should be participating in voting for things that will affect them, not just those who bought their way to the top, behind closed doors...
    I believe we need an entirely new system, but we don't have that...

By creating "parties", and relatively few of them at most, it forces the masses to vote for the party that first hits their biggest issue with government, even if they do not believe any of the other things the party stands for... I don't believe in it at all... But this is what we have, and until that changes... well you know... We have to find some way to make it work. I personally believe the whole system is fundamentally flawed...

Having said that, and noting that this is what we DO have.... My post, was specifically made about California... And my opinions based upon how I believe that Republicans at best, would do less damage to the state than the Democrats are, that we have here now.. While we do have some Republicans in offices, I believe we do not have enough to make any true significant changes, to better the situation for all that live here in California...

In my opinion, None will fix them all, but it is getting late for some changes, and we will lose the opportunity to fix them, if we don't act sooner than later...

Because I have spent my entire life living in this state, that is the only state I feel I should have an opinion on, as it directly affects me, my kids, my retirement, my well being as a citizen.... I cannot speak for other states, or which party, if any, would better suit the things happening in those areas...

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

And this:

" What words is Trump speaking these days that may lead to this? I only ever see him bringing attention to himself as being the tip of the spear, and actually, beyond complaining about the last election and democrats, that's about all I see him talking about, period. "

Good question... I accidentally cut part of my original post to the thread, and it covered a lot more that didn't appear in the final post, as the day grew longer, and I forgot what had been there... I cut it even more today...

But what was left out, was some key issues that Trump had brought up, both in his campaigning, as well as after he took office. Things that were California specific... I left left out partly by accident, and secondly because I didn't have the links to show to others at the time... And I have yet to look them up again...

It is no secret that Nancy Pelosi cannot stand the man... They do not get along... Here is a quick snippet of how she behaves around Donald Trump, while having a temper tantrum because she doesn't like what he is saying... This, while he is giving a State of the Union address to the entire nation. She can't even attempt to be a civilized human being, or "grown up..." but instead this is the type of behavior we are seeing from someone running this state, and making policies for us. Does anyone believe she really cares what they think, if this is how she openly treats the president? I sure don't. It is not professional, it wasn't funny, nor was it appropriate.

She was ripping up her copy of his speech... Arrogance and self smugness at it's finest... And as such, Trump was given plenty of ammo in her case... But it isn't uncommon for candidates and politicians to suggest their constituents are up to no good... They all do it, and this was her reaction to him having done just the same thing to her... Essentially calling her out in from of California residents, and rightfully so.

I would agree... Trump is arrogant, he claims he is the best thing that ever happened to America.. I have seen the same thing... None of which I claimed I admired however...

I merely claimed that he is waking up many sleeping people, much like you said about the Julian Assange stuff, and many other topics.... Things most politicians would never touch. It gave the average American the sense that they had someone in office not afraid to call out such things... To feel a sense of "I have your back"... Together we will fix this mess...I am using my voice, feel free to use yours... Kind of Vibe... That was what I was applauding more than anything... I did like that people felt more open to get involved with what they feel is really happening around them... as it is important...

And this began to happen when he came on the scene. People wanted change, they wanted some freedom back, they wanted to be heard... Not just regulated, taxed, and beat into submission. And I felt it was much needed. And I am referring to the 2016 and 2020 time frame that you noted above... In that way he did inspire people...

As far as inspiring people, I just watched his speech in Pennsylvania... And yes, it was much the same when he was running for president...While he did take shots at how things are going, and inflate his ego, in many ways again, he did ignite some inspiration that people can make a difference. While he stopped short of suggesting he will run again, he did hint that maybe he should, only with a new logo. Anyone who comes out onto the scene, and challenges the status quo unapologetically inspires people. I posted the link above of the event.

As far as the events of Jan 6th. and him cheering them on. As far as him setting a good example of leadership qualities, I would say yes and no.... Yes it is a good example to suggest that the public should not fear their government, and no it is not good leadership to cheer something on that gets out of control. If I remember properly, when things did begin to get out of hand he did tell them they should stand down. I have to be honest, I wasn't following that very closely when it happened... As I said, I wasn't praising Trump for what he did during his time in office, but more the fundamental changes, the feeling of strength that he promoted within the country, the promotion of actually achieving something, building something, rather than just settling... But what he says and what people do, really are on the people. He isn't accountable if people decided to rush the building..He wasn't there shouting "Tony, take that window"... People need to take some responsibility for their own actions as well.. And the media would certainly want to hang the entire event around his neck! Was it his finest moment? Absolutely not...
    However, my praise of Trump, was for these reasons...

He made people feel like should they attempt to create something, that perhaps they could achieve it. That we needed to rebuild, actually work on our foundations, our infrastructure, our own independence, not just using the word but embracing its meaning and becoming independent. And if he was to run again, those same principles and same inspirational things would happen.

He makes no apologies for being a pig, for marrying beauty and showing it off... How people choose to react to that, is on them. So many people want to blame Trump for those individuals climbing into their vehicles, showing up and doing whatever it was they did. Even if he suggested it, they all had the free will to say, "Nah, that's not right"... Or even better show up and be peaceful. But we have this mob mentality that takes over. What he did during and afterwards would equally be judged, but he wasn't even there. I did not follow it closely enough to have an opinion, but he is not the only president who exercised bad judgement... I will grant you that.

I just hope that in the future the standards of behavior rises to the level of what we believe the office to be... Rather than what we know it truly is... A front. And that's sad... It really is

I don't think our government, or those seeking positions of power in our society have been exhibiting good leadership qualities for quite some time now... Obama, Clinton, Trump, Biden, either of the Bushes.... (I wasn't paying attention much during Carter, Reagan, and the rest)...

As far as promoting Republicans to becoming the majority voice for California? I am not saying some Democrats can't do the job required to fix things, what I am saying is that they all tend to fall into party lines... And as a result, I do believe that some Republican leadership may be fruitful in fixing our issues. It's just a hope, and a personal observation. I am sure there are many Democrats who would disagree with me suggesting Republicans should be in control right now... But it's just my opinion as a resident.
    Last edited by Wind, 6th September 2022 at 00:36. Reason: Duplicate posts

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Fred Steeves (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    I want to be very clear in that, I am not cheerleading for any party overall.... Whether Republican or Democrat... Nor did I intend to give the impression that I was in any way loyal to the Republican party... I was trying to express why I felt that California, in this time, needed more powerful Republican representation.
    Oh Okay, maybe I should have caught that the first time around, you're talking strictly about your home state of California. My bad. It certainly is tough to pin those problems on anyone but the dems in that state, eh? They've been at the helm there long enough for the old "you break it, you own it".

I honestly don't know how those problems that have become so compounded over the years, and keep on compounding to this day as you describe, can be fixed by this point. It would take such a concerted effort and well thought out approach even from a group of truly non partisan, civic minded people to grapple with...

Hard to see a bunch of republicans suddenly taking that bull by the horns and fix it just from the usual cut every benefit you can, privatize everything you can, and tell everyone on hard times to simply pull themselves up by their bootstraps. I mean y'all basically had a hard core republican state attorney general in now Vice President Kamala Harris, in the way she went after weed users, and the way she treated prisoners. I dunno Denise, best of luck with that cos California is definitely broken, you may wind up just having to flee the state like so many others have done, and are doing.

It was fun reliving that scene. I remember watching that live, and thinking something aloud along the lines of "wtf is this!!??"

Personally, I don't think that ridiculous little stunt was spontaneous, I think it was pre planned to energize her own corporate democrat base, and of course to get the msm news outlets buzzing with that "brazen act of defiance". Whatever...

Oh, by and by, I find it hilarious Mike Pence is standing right next to her pulling that little stunt, and has to act like he doesn't see it and it's not really happening!

I merely claimed that he is waking up many sleeping people, much like you said about the Julian Assange stuff, and many other topics.... Things most politicians would never touch. It gave the average American the sense that they had someone in office not afraid to call out such things... To feel a sense of "I have your back"... Together we will fix this mess...I am using my voice, feel free to use yours... Kind of Vibe..
    Well now I brought up Assange only to show how Trump both used him for his popularity at that time on the 2016 campaign trail to get help garner more of that sought after populist vote, and then tossed him to the establishment wolves once he had already gotten all he could from them. I don't think Assange still rotting away in prison is much indicative of a politician that has anyone's back.

Well, I brought up that I did indeed see how he inspired people for the 2016 race, but that was gone by the 2020 race, and it's still gone.

Anyway, I don't want to hog your whole thread here, I greatly appreciate you answering my questions! I often hope for people to do the same in any given thread I start, if someone has questions, challenges, or whatever, by all means fire away! Main reason being I'm by no means infallible, not even close, and if someone out there can point me to something I'm missing? Then by all means I want to know about it and correct it.

Socrates

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Diabolical Boids (26th January 2023), Lord Sidious (6th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    It is very refreshing to just state an opinion, without being torn apart, and having judgements... Kamala Harris, boy she is another winner.. Well Russia... Russia is bad... Reminds me of Southpark! You can't make this stuff up!

Honestly I am not a fan of any politician... But boy we sure do need some change.

If nothing else, both parties have awoken us to the fact that we are in trouble... It is almost as if they are putting idiots into positions of "assumed authority" at this point, jut to piss us off to the point that we do revolt...

I am thankful that you DID reply...

The bootstrap comment is something I wish more would live by... We may actually get somewhere... My boots have zippers so I don't break a nail however... I am still a girl hahaha
    Last edited by Silly Wabbit, 6th September 2022 at 13:42.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Fred Steeves (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    Honestly I am not a fan of any politician... But boy we sure do need some change.

If nothing else, both parties have awoken us to the fact that we are in trouble... It is almost as if they are putting idiots into positions of "assumed authority" at this point, jut to piss us off to the point that we do revolt...
    And therein lies the catch...

The way we're herding ourselves into tight little pens on opposite sides of the barnyard, there's never going to be any revolt, how can there be? That would be like asking MSNBC and FOX NEWS diehards to go into a room, work out some areas of agreements, compromise on some others, and then come out "swinging". With the extreme division already sewn, and each side getting more and more entrenched into their sealed off information/propaganda silos by the day, it's almost difficult to even imagine them agreeing on what day it is, or what the weather's like outside.

Both sides (there's more than two but who's counting) would all but rather spit on "the other" than talk to "the other", and that's a tragic state of affairs with no end in sight.

Socrates

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (6th September 2022), Wind (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    Being honest an open in conversation is way to far extreme as has been proven time n again Wabbit, hence meme's n short drive byes.

Devolution or articles of war etc about behind the scenes and or we are watching a movie, keep calm n ripple amazing etc gather the KU dust, so for me even with a healthy Trump thread ( throttle that n remove me from it lol ) to express gets called hatefullll n rite wing extremist. The other extremists got chased off long ago for expressing their beliefs or opinions.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Diabolical Boids (26th January 2023), Silly Wabbit (6th September 2022)