Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I voted for Trump, and plan to do so again

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Being honest an open in conversation is way to far extreme as has been proven time n again Wabbit, hence meme's n short drive byes.

Devolution or articles of war etc about behind the scenes and or we are watching a movie, keep calm n ripple amazing etc gather the KU dust, so for me even with a healthy Trump thread ( throttle that n remove me from it lol ) to express gets called hatefullll n rite wing extremist. The other extremists got chased off long ago for expressing their beliefs or opinions.
    To keep it simple Wabbit, imo it is impossible for biden and kam kam to be this badder train wreck, even here in the Shire their puppeteers are seen as > could not do worse if they tried < hence they are trying for the worst optics on purpose imo and not in control, others are.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    That's just it Vern, none of them truly are in control... Trump didn't change California, he excited those in positions that could affect change, to do so... even if on a small scale.

The reason I posted this thread here, is because I felt safe to do so. I wanted to show others that you can have a conversation without bashing your neighbors or friends... And we are doing just that...

Politics divide, the media divides, and I am afraid Fred is right, the media would just divide us more, if we started to actually come together and be able to have rational conversations.

Most people who write about American politics, don't even live in America. They see what the media shows them, and it isn't a complete picture of what it is like to live here... And while I realize that it isn't the only country on the planet, it seems to be the favorite one to critique. So I wanted to change the conversation, and suggest things that most never discuss. Why we feel the way we do.. On either side..

And I feel everyone should do that, about their own countries, so we get a better sense of what they're like, versus what we are told..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Fred Steeves (6th September 2022)

Thanks
    Your very correct in that even having this convo is important and yes it smashes micro the divisions and tactics of certain facets.

Yes things oif political corruption are coming out here just like your country > https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...ce43e788f40ccc

The lies continue. the false corupt media continues but nowadays the average Kiwi is waking up to the lies n division, am liking the movie much more of late, bless your intent Wabbit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (7th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    Politics divide, the media divides, and I am afraid Fred is right, the media would just divide us more, if we started to actually come together and be able to have rational conversations.
    Well, ultimately we divide ourselves is more what I was getting at, compelled to join a team to counter what "the others" are doing, and then it would be blasphemy to ever question what our own team is doing. "We're the good guys, there's no problems here to flesh out".

Speaking of media, it's a constant source of amusement as to what people of various stripes consider "media" to be. That definition can be quite fluid depending on who is asked, especially if the question is narrowed down to "who/what do you consider legitimate media?"
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th September 2022), Catsquotl (6th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (7th September 2022)

Thanks
    Is it the older one is the more likely for one to watch legacy media, corporate media ?, while young ones have social media and or trendsetters and or youtubers ?.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (7th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well, ultimately we divide ourselves is more what I was getting at, compelled to join a team to counter what "the others" are doing, and then it would be blasphemy to ever question what our own team is doing. "We're the good guys, there's no problems here to flesh out".

Speaking of media, it's a constant source of amusement as to what people of various stripes consider "media" to be. That definition can be quite fluid depending on who is asked, especially if the question is narrowed down to "who/what do you consider legitimate media?"
    I absolutely agree with your statements here.. ALL of them... Unfortunately "we" tend to divide ourselves because many no longer have the ability to open their minds to the possibility that perhaps they may be wrong...and in my opinion? Until people learn to remain flexible, to change their views, once they learn new information that challenges their beliefs? I don't have much hope for forward progression as a whole, it will always be divided. and it saddens me.... I try to always remain flexible and humble, with a sense of humility. I know I do not know everything..

As far as legitamite media? Is there any legitimate sources of media anymore? I no longer have tv or cable, they have been gone for nearly 4 years... I use only Netflix for movie entertainment, and my computer.

I seek what I wish to know.. Rather than just being fed whatever I am willing to watch. I find it much more rewarding, and a much better use of my time.

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Is it the older one is the more likely for one to watch legacy media, corporate media ?, while young ones have social media and or trendsetters and or youtubers ?.
    I don't know Vern, but it does seem to be following that trend from what I have seen in my own small circle.. However I doubt much if any of it, is actual legitimate media.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th September 2022), Fred Steeves (7th September 2022)

Thanks
    Relying on inner media is of course the best action, dousing or intuiting outside of oneself is where the fun n games start so what course is totalllly accurate ?, none may beget consequences, overcorrecting and or taking all day to make a rite decision is time wasting imo so are the outside mazes we have created for truth, facts, data etc outside of ourselves simply a step to within and an evolving template awaiting ?.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (8th September 2022)

Thanks
    As in bidens speech calling Orangeman n Maga the enemy, obvious ?, speech prepared on purpose to create critical thinking imo, how many biden followers went dang, too far, how many on fence or open to an either iether future vote, went anything but that because of FEELZ, real raw emotional intuitional i cannot resonate with biden n co and add fullstop. so imo it is all on purpose, deals done etc long ago, it be a movie so simply be present, it be a good place as things realllly start rockin.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    If you want to find a true American patriot, here's one. It's a big club and you and I ain't in it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyvxt1svxso

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th September 2022), Aragorn (7th September 2022), Fred Steeves (7th September 2022), Lord Sidious (8th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (8th September 2022)

Thanks
    Indeed Wind , indeed.

That club is not happy at present lol.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    There are certain sources of information that would have us believe the deep state has been in a state of panic since 2017. Something big is always about to happen right around the next corner.

For example Hillary is still in a state of panic, and the storm is still upon us. Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!
    https://x22report.com/hrc-panics-the...ready-ep-2868/

Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th September 2022)

Thanks
    Wind's source is dead ? yes.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Aianwana,

I could not find anything at the other end, so yes, it is dead...

Fred,

I never answered part of your question... Had to run for the sake of paying the bills... Here is my feeble attempt.. But again, just my opinion.. Actually got into an argument with the hubby over the question hahaha...

"who/what do you consider legitimate media?"

Most think media is just the news, a newspaper, someone on a video standing on their soapbox... A book that tells of things that are mostly political, or things that affect the people..

I would suggest that is what most consider to be media these days that is in question, right along side the question of reputable media sources? Frankly I don't give any of them much credit these days..

When I think of media, I think of all forms of it. I loved art when I was growing up... and learned that you could use all forms of mediums to create art... And that art could be, and is used, as a form of media as well... Form paintings, artwork designed for magazine covers, bill boards, sculptures, it all contributes to an overall message, or series of them, that coats the palate of those observing such things...

One could just pick up a magazine, and look at the images, not having read a thing, and gotten a sense of the fashion of the month, the colors that are in vogue, and depending on what magazine, the state of the nation, by way of images.. But are they truly representing, in these subtle arts, or media, the truth? Or a perceived vision of our times? It is all very easy to manipulate. And in magazines, it is meant to do just that... From beauty magazines to all the rest... including news magazines such as TIME.

We have deep fake images now to alter perceptions of outcomes, events, etc.. They wouldn't be used if not to sell another version of a story... So it is truly everywhere...

I wrote this thread because it is my opinion as a resident in the state of California. One opinion of one person.. Which by the way can change as things move along... And I believe most media, those that follow current events do 2 things... They tell what happened, and they add their slant on the issue, to drive home a certain feeling about a situation. One that they hope the nation adopts.

For example, we could be having heatwaves as we are now, and the media would advertise cute hats, "The next hottest fashion", with beautiful people tanned and in shape, drinking cola, and protecting their heads from the sun, yet playing in it, on some beach... to give the impression, that it isn't really a problem... The message being, buy my hat, but also in a more subtle way... The excessive heat isn't a bad thing, enjoy the summer! "Go outside, play, wear a hat, and drink something cool!"

All the while, the real situation is that the power companies are shutting off the power to many customers, and people are dying from heat strokes.

So did the advertising media just want to sell hats? Of course... but that media glosses over what it truly happening, and sometimes even uses it for a boost for what they are actually trying to promote. And for those who do not have a problem with power being intentionally turned off, as it never happens in their neighborhood, they wouldn't even notice that the billboard is a sharp contrast to the reality of most dealing with the heat wave..

So really, when I think of media, I believe in encompasses all forms of communication that many do not even recognize that ultimately do affect the way they feel about things, and then there is the media that outright tells you what to believe, such as the television.

I believe it is all opinions for the most part, mixed with certain facts.. If the news said Trump died tomorrow, and began to spout of their ideas of what happened, I would take away from that, that he was dead, and nothing else as a fact, but rather their thoughts about the how and why, etc... Until they can prove their reports. Unless you were there, everything else reported would be speculation... They certainly have found ways to twist their speculations in such a way that people believe them as fact, as they miss the subtle disclaimers... A source from inside reports... "Possibly", and so many quick disclaimers along the way, to allow them to spout off whatever they wish to guide the opinion where they want it, when speaking of events, that I really trust no media entirely.

I believe media manipulates... I will watch some things, videos and such, and then look into what it said for facts to support it, if I believe it is something that is worth knowing for certain however. And that doesn't mean I go to a youtube video for someone else parroting the same thing to confirm it, I actually will look for true facts, medical studies, patents, obituaries, I have even been so brazen as to actually call the White House and ask to speak to George Bush Jr. before... I had a few questions for him, and went to him personally...

So having said that, all media has an agenda in my opinion. The youtube people, trying to sort the truth, usually get it wrong as they will include things from others that are not fact checked, etc. OR worse, still contain much speculation, and many disclaimers... Yet they believe their source is accurate, and they will link to said things... They mean well but.... It gets worse as you go down the line.

Propaganda is all over the place, and advertisements are meant to sell product, to set a "Tone", not to be honest. They will put up a billboard stating that a scent, or makeup will make you look or smell beautiful, when the truth is, if you are a beautiful person already, none of that stuff they are selling will change that. But people eat it up in the quest to be better than they feel they are, or how they already look..

Many billboards, news articles, and television shows were geared to getting more people to enlist for the military, to get people upset enough, feeling patriotic, to immediately feel the emotional need to go to war against other nations, etc... 9/11 was a good example of that..., we still hsve people parroting "Let's Roll"...

When I look at media, in all forms, I try to consider what it is they are trying to sell, and usually it is a lifestyle, or feeling.. One better than the average person has, and as a result, people buy buy buy, to try to get to that perceived lifestyle. Like the middle aged men who finally can afford the Corvette they always wanted.. etc.

When it comes to news stories about people and current events, I consider the same thing, what narrative are they trying to "Sell"? As many get their news from the same place... And the media no longer teaches people to use their critical thinking skills, They're all reading from a script.. But there are few who actually go out and see for themselves what they are reporting. It's a sad state of affairs.

I believe most of it is now entertainment.. With a heavy focus on the negative...
    Last edited by Silly Wabbit, 8th September 2022 at 15:20.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th September 2022), Fred Steeves (8th September 2022)

Thanks
    Gosh i find you difficult to respond to Wabbit, as i have to also do a more eladerate reply than my normal , lol, but will respond when more time to reply and give fair remedy regards our world.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (9th September 2022)

Thanks
    I will write small posts Vern...

I tend to write a lot, as I am not as savy at writing big ideas in small complex sentences as others here... Not my best talent. I also get interrupted a lot, and just add on to what I started. For that I apologize.. As it gets very long. You need not address it all, just what you find is something worth discussing from within it... if anything!

Lately my mind has been scattered as I have MS, and the heat is making it flare up. I apologize if the forum is on the receiving end of that lol.. Misfires over scarred brain matter, because of inflammation, are leading to issues such as this... I have been having a hard time even openly verbally communicating.. stuttering and such as a result of the excessive heat. The medication for such things, puts me in woo woo world... HATE IT... I shouldn't post when my MS flares.
    Last edited by Silly Wabbit, 9th September 2022 at 15:16.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th September 2022)