Thread: 4,000 Year Old Map of Entire Planet

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,928 Times in 1,027 Posts

4,000 Year Old Map of Entire Planet

This is an interview with Charlotte Rees on Coast to Coast. I shortened it to 20 min. (just took out some junk). For me it was a very interesting story. When you guy have some time give it a listen.

Researcher Charlotte Harris Rees discussed Asian maps dating as far back as 4,000 years ago that show the coastlines of the Americas.

Picking up on the work of her father who collected these maps, she suggested that the ancient Chinese were seafaring and traveled to America far before Columbus' arrival. As further evidence, she cited genetic markers (DNA) that are shared only by Asians and Native Americans.

“This is a great time to rethink history and to step into the thrill of discovery” says Rees.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJjpwC7VQio

UPDATE:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com.a...inese_map.html

This is the NGO’s site trying to debunk the map… as George say’s “Don’t think so”. They are totally talking about a different print of the same map. The Dude in the NGO says he bought his in 2001. Charlotte said her father bought his in 1972 in Korea.

You guys read the debunk and see what you think. I think I’ll lean towards Charlotte on this one.

peace…
    skywizard

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to skywizard For This Useful Post:

Breeze (16th September 2013), Cearna (17th September 2013), Chickadee (16th September 2013), Frances (16th September 2013), modwiz (17th September 2013), Ria (16th September 2013), shamanseeker (16th September 2013), Spiral (16th September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    This is nonsense;

They say the map resembles a French 17th-century world map with its depiction of California as an island.

That China is not shown in the center also suggests the Chinese did not make the map, one expert says.
    China is more or less central (seeing as its at the edge of a huge land mass the layout makes sense ), but France is almost off the edge, a bit odd for a nation who had its own "Greenwich meridian" running through Paris !

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Breeze (16th September 2013), Cearna (17th September 2013), Chickadee (16th September 2013), Frances (16th September 2013), Ria (16th September 2013), shamanseeker (16th September 2013), skywizard (16th September 2013)