Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: FBI agents raid Trump's Florida Home

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    but to include the vast majority of his red hat wearing followers in that is just condemning an entire group of people because of their leader.
    You mean like Hillary did?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0oAwxBRqw

I can't speak on Frank's behalf, but you have to admit that MAGA-movement is a cult. Any reasoning has long ago flown out of the window, "either you're with us or against us". I don't think that all of the followers are bad people, they're just confused. In psychological terms there is a real group psychosis going on. It's a really delusional belief system which revolves around this one pathological, yet magnetic personality. I'd wager that most of his followers want to believe that their Messiah would take them to The Promised Land and it doesn't make them bad. I only think that the people are bad who end up committing all the violence and the other chaotic bullshit.

I'd also say on my current knowledge that Tucker Carlson is a dangerous hate-mongerer who is rallying up people into violent acts. He's just one of the many extreme right wing pundits, but he has influence and with that comes great responsibility. When people don't know how to use their own brains and critical thinking, they can rather easily be lead and persuaded into all sorts of acts, that's how cults work.
    Last edited by Wind, 17th September 2022 at 13:04.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2022), Aragorn (17th September 2022), Fred Steeves (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Steve Bannon did indeed report it correctly. Although the number looks to actually be about 40 subpoenas, looking into January 6, and Trump's fundraising tactics since leaving office.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...aides-00056274
    But of course, those will have been perfectly legal and legitimate subpoenas, and that's not how Bannon, Trump and their ilk are selling it to the MAGAs.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    No, it would most certainly not be okay, Vern, because that particular horse is just as badly a liar as the vast majority of his fanatic followers. Their motto is "If you can't beat them in an honest way, lie through your teeth and cheat, because winning is more important than truth or justice."
    This I just don't understand. Of course Orange Jesus is as big of a pathological liar as they come, likely IMO to exceed even Slick Willy in that department, but to include the vast majority of his red hat wearing followers in that is just condemning an entire group of people because of their leader. They're certainly guilty of forming conclusions first, and then working backwards from there, they're also guilty of gullibility in believing the many unhinged lies he spews and dutifully adopting them as their own sacred truths, but that's much different than being just like him.

In essence they're deluding themselves.
    If you do not understand where I'm coming from, Fred, then you are overlooking the avalanche of lies and propaganda being spread all over the social media by a very large group of these people. Yes, the vast majority of the MAGAs are deluding themselves, but people like Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, Jim and Ron Watkins (alias Q and Q+), and of course, Donald Trump himself, as well as most of the editors of far-right/alt-right news sites and magazines in the US are deliberately making stuff up.

I've already alluded to the "1000 Mules" fakumentary, and there's a whole lot more where that came from. Remember Pizzagate™? Remember the obviously Photoshopped images of Hunter Biden supposedly having sex with underage girls? Those are not self-deluding people, Fred. Those are malicious actors.

Plus... The very fact that all but two Republicans have consistently voted against Trump's impeachments and have refused or are still refusing to cooperate with the legal system in any investigations into Orange Jesus™ and his dealings — whether business or political — is quite evidential of how winning is more important to them than truth and justice. El Donaldo™ is one of them, and they all unconditionally have his back, regarding what the matter is about — all except for those two Republicans that do still care about truth and justice.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2022), Fred Steeves (17th September 2022), Wind (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    OMG Watkins are Q's, both sides of the aisle looked at each others irises and giggled knowing that is laughable, who the F do you get your data from Frank ?.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    OMG Watkins are Q's, both sides of the aisle looked at each others irises and giggled knowing that is laughable, who the F do you get your data from Frank ?.
    The above is well-known, Vern, and in fact, Ron Watkins has admitted — through a slip of the tongue — that he is Q. I've already mentioned this a couple of times here at the forum, and so has Dreamtimer.

Besides, you yourself posted a video recently in which this was being addressed, so I'm quite surprised you didn't know this already, and even more surprised that you don't believe that it's true.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2022), Wind (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I don't think that all of the followers are bad people, they're just confused. In psychological terms there is a real group psychosis going on. It's a really delusional belief system which revolves around this one pathological, yet magnetic personality.
    It's good to see "the others" as people too, not just the butt of insults. Like this current Russia/Ukraine thing, there needs to be an available off ramp for all concerned; the off ramp on that one seems to be purposely withheld, but we have a say in whether we're going to broad brush dehumanize Trump followers or not.

I live rural, in a deeply red state, just about everyone I encounter day to day is bleeding MAGA red inside. Just the other day, the lady who cut my hair at the local yokel barber shop pegged me as someone who pays attention, and started going off on a litany of right wing gripes. Hell, by the end she was telling me how she wants to see a new wall dividing this country clean in half (between the reds and the blues), and she'll be ready to shoot anyone who dares try and cross over for whatever reason.

It almost felt like I was trying to talk someone off the ledge she got herself so damn worked up.

But other than the MAGA subject, she's a very sweet woman in her 60's, kind and grandmotherly in nature. It's a bizarre dichotomy that characterizes a good deal of the overall landscape here, and "the others" want them MAGA's dehumanized as well, but that's a zero sum game with disaster as the only likely outcome in the end. There simply have to be channels of communication left open, the off ramps.

This Mexican standoff thing is a terrible idea.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2022), Aragorn (18th September 2022), Wind (18th September 2022)

Thanks
    Sad times Frank, indeed sad Fred. So sad on many levels that communication is so harsh to do for many, extremes being seen so so ugly, i believe there will be something happen that will bring most together, my hopium is strong and i actualllly know it is my held truth for a reason, it must change, is.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th September 2022), Wind (18th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    i believe there will be something happen that will bring most together, my hopium is strong and i actualllly know it is my held truth for a reason, it must change, is.
    Hope is a good thing Vern, but we also have to face the realities of life. There will be much chaos and disruptions before humanity can agree to come together and that's something I want to believe in too, but before that can happen, a lot of things will have happened. Society has to change in profound ways, it probably will come through what the many natives called the times of purging. Man isn't in connection with Mother Earth, so she will react with all kinds of weather events. That will tumble down the ivory towers of man and maybe eventually he will see the errors of his ignorant and selfish, destructive ways, unless it of course too will have been too late.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th September 2022), Aragorn (19th September 2022), Fred Steeves (19th September 2022)

Thanks
    Already happening in my book Wind, we watching clean up mode atm imo, intuition, enquiry, harmony, synchronicity, bad turning good, have not worked the silver lining of jabs as yet, negs being seen, king charles 3 in power lol watch the parade n pain with that one , but yip all looking mighty good future wise.