Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FBI agents raid Trump's Florida Home

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    We have never objected to — let alone forbidden — any intelligent and civilized discussions here, Vern, so don't talk bullshit.

What we do forbid here is propaganda, and just about everything you yourself have been posting here on account of US politics, vaccines, Covid-19 denial and the likes is outright propaganda and cheerleading, without any discussion at all.

Source: The Free Dictionary

prop·a·gan·da
    n.

1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
    2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

Source: The Free Dictionary

Source: Wikipedia

Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented. Propaganda is often associated with material prepared by governments, but activist groups, companies, religious organizations and the media can also produce propaganda.

In the twentieth century, the term propaganda has often been associated with a manipulative approach, but propaganda historically was a neutral descriptive term.

A wide range of materials and media are used for conveying propaganda messages, which changed as new technologies were invented, including paintings, cartoons, posters, pamphlets, films, radio shows, TV shows, and websites. Propaganda is now moving into a digital age utillizing bots, algorithms, to create computational propaganda and spread online fake or biased news using social media.

In a 1929 literary debate with Edward Bernays, Everett Dean Martin argues that, “Propaganda is making puppets of us. We are moved by hidden strings which the propagandist manipulates.”

[ continue reading here ]

Source: Wikipedia

You have incessantly and repeatedly been drowning this forum with that exact same old junk, against all of our warnings, and that is why you have repeatedly been slapped on the wrist. Had this been Project Avalon, then you would already long have been banned — not because of the material itself, because Project Avalon absolutely loves that kind of stuff — but because of your persistent defiance of the management. Countless other people — myself included — were banned from there for far less, if for any valid reason at all.

If Denise wants to have an actual discussion about Orange Jesus™, then she can have it, and then I'm actually hoping that a real discussion will take place — a discussion in which Denise's arguments are met with some real opposition instead of the thread becoming a Trump-cheerleading echo chamber like Project Avalon — but then I myself as an individual am not going to be stepping into that cesspool again. Given how much attention has already been spent here in our little Shire on the parochial soap opera of US American internal politics and bipartisan cheerleading, I for one simply cannot bear the stench anymore.

All I will say on the matter — as myself, not as the administrator of this forum — is that as far as I'm concerned, Donald Trump is the biggest bag of filth that the inside walls of the White House have ever seen, that I piss on everything the man stands for, and that I absolutely, completely and vehemently disagree with Denise's political views. But I am not going to step into that turd, and Denise's Trump thread is going on my mental ignore list.

For the record I am not a Trump "Fan", nor do I consider myself a MAGA member... I am not even a Republican.

In short, My state is just in a mess right now, and he motivated people to get involved, and we need that right now.. I didn't vote for him, expecting him to fix anything, but he lit a fire under the rears of people that could, and also felt empowered and supported to do so... That was what mattered. He reminded people the power should be in their hands.. If nothing else, he started a wake up call to the nation.

And I thank Aragorn for allowing me to create my thread, vocalizing my opinions about that.. Even if he disagreed. I tried to be very respectful in the way I handled the situation, so as not to create drama here, but more an open conversation. People can agree to disagree... And I am thankful for that,,

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th September 2022), Aragorn (14th September 2022), Wind (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,468 Times in 10,173 Posts
    So hard to let it go Frank but do call me mr Trash please, at least

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 7,282 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    You want to change your member title to Mr. Trash Collector here?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th September 2022), Aragorn (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Cute, no thankyou.

Demonising and or dehumanising because one Feels it so, allows the might of rightty and hurty to hold hands and express even sometimes very wee deep pain so that suffering can not only be shared and expressed but known, to be executed or ignored depending upon ones reflection and fellow humans around One.

Was going to say back on track, lol irony.

Thanks
    I haven't heard or read about this anywhere myself either, other than seeing it claimed by the MAGA4EVAs over at Project Avalon, and MAGA4EVAs are quite well-known for playing the victim game, even if they have to invent a story in which they can portray themselves as victims.

So it's probably best to take that with a huge barrel of salt.
    It made it to Newsweek .. Just adding this for context...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...WB3rjLtjlHapHF

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2022), Aragorn (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Vern, just because I'm the one who periodically kicks your ass does not mean that I don't like you, or that I would want to insult you — that's what Chuckie was banned over, remember ? — or that I consider you trash.

I consider you a very likable and well-intending human being, who unfortunately has an obsession with all kinds of misinformation and disinformation, and a just as unfortunate inability to identify said material as such.

Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    I haven't heard or read about this anywhere myself either, other than seeing it claimed by the MAGA4EVAs over at Project Avalon, and MAGA4EVAs are quite well-known for playing the victim game, even if they have to invent a story in which they can portray themselves as victims.

So it's probably best to take that with a huge barrel of salt.
    It made it to Newsweek .. Just adding this for context...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...WB3rjLtjlHapHF
    Newsweek is known for not checking its facts, as you can read in the Wikipedia article, Denise.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2022), Lord Sidious (14th September 2022), Wind (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Cheers Frank, as a friend please be aware one can smear unneededly and simply saying most or nearly all may suffice next time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Not sure how to put this Frank, it appears even Fox are not putting the Maga raids in their news cycles, definately happened n happening, may be due to the explosive nature of this, as in denotes one party rule as the opposition is terrorists, crazy times.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th September 2022)

Thanks
    Not sure how to put this Frank, it appears even Fox are not putting the Maga raids in their news cycles, definately happened n happening, may be due to the explosive nature of this, as in denotes one party rule as the opposition is terrorists, crazy times.
    And what then makes you think that it would "definitely be happening", Vern? Let me guess...: your sources?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2022), Wind (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Am open to be incorrect Frank, only know for sure of three so far and as said , am not flying the alternative or legassy media much at present

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th September 2022), Wind (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Would straight from the horses mouth be okay ?

And yes it sounds like not raided but harrassed and or supenaeded

Thanks
    Am open to be incorrect Frank, only know for sure of three so far and as said , am not flying the alternative or legassy media much at present
    Three isn't a whole lot, and I don't know whether Donald Trump himself would be among the three you mention — personally, I know of none at all, other than Trump — but the FBI raids on his property were all legitimate, simply because he broke the law out of spite that he lost the elections.

Spite was also the reason why he refused to attend the inauguration of Biden. He's that petty — he's a big, spoiled-rotten crybaby who literally thinks he's an infallible deity— and he owes it all to himself. But narcissists will never acknowledge their own wrongdoing. Everything is always somebody else's fault, even if they have to lie through their teeth, bribe, threaten, or make a deal with the devil.

Donald Trump has no remorse, feels no guilt and knows no shame. All he cares about is that his will be done, whatever the cost, and if he cannot have it his way, he throws a tantrum. Just ask the people who worked for him while he was still in the White House.

No, it would most certainly not be okay, Vern, because that particular horse is just as badly a liar as the vast majority of his fanatic followers. Their motto is "If you can't beat them in an honest way, lie through your teeth and cheat, because winning is more important than truth or justice."

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2022), Lord Sidious (17th September 2022), Wind (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 7,282 Posts
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but does this clown still really seem like a great leader to you?

He is a failed business-conman who is so entitled that it's revolting. He is the Captain Chaos.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEE-dwh4TBY
    Last edited by Wind, 17th September 2022 at 10:53.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2022), Aragorn (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,089 Times in 2,652 Posts
    Steve Bannon did indeed report it correctly. Although the number looks to actually be about 40 subpoenas, looking into January 6, and Trump's fundraising tactics since leaving office.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...aides-00056274

Good lord, that's not a horse good for much reliable information, but in this case he was indeed correct.

No, it would most certainly not be okay, Vern, because that particular horse is just as badly a liar as the vast majority of his fanatic followers. Their motto is "If you can't beat them in an honest way, lie through your teeth and cheat, because winning is more important than truth or justice."
    This I just don't understand. Of course Orange Jesus is as big of a pathological liar as they come, likely IMO to exceed even Slick Willy in that department, but to include the vast majority of his red hat wearing followers in that is just condemning an entire group of people because of their leader. They're certainly guilty of forming conclusions first, and then working backwards from there, they're also guilty of gullibility in believing the many unhinged lies he spews and dutifully adopting them as their own sacred truths, but that's much different than being just like him.

In essence they're deluding themselves.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th September 2022), Aragorn (17th September 2022), Wind (17th September 2022)

Thanks
    Are you a reliable source Fred, the bar is high.