Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FBI agents raid Trump's Florida Home

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I don't live in USA or Mar-a-Lago either, but even then I can easily see how Trump is.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), Aragorn (5th September 2022), Lord Sidious (5th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    I am just curious as to how many on this thread actually live in America? And how many are basing their opinions of Trump, on what they are learning from the media or his personality, versus what he actually accomplishes?? I do not need to know where you are from, just if you reside in America?

I voted for Trump twice, and will do so again if he runs, and I am not a "Window Licker" I like to think I am intelligent enough to recognize what iss happening in my home state after 52 years of living here. I rarely post about politics but saw a video yesterday, and this thread this morning, and perhaps it is time for some actual supporters to educate others as to what they are actually supporting...

So we will stop being called "Stupid" for believing that he is the better candidate.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), Aragorn (5th September 2022), Lord Sidious (5th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022), Wind (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Sorry Wabbit, only one truth allowed, no debate or communicational exchange regards any opposing narrative allowed, sorta a full stop issue, banning and threats may follow and coerce one, but go ahead if you wish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Sorry Wabbit, only one truth allowed, no debate or communicational exchange regards any opposing narrative allowed, sorta a full stop issue, banning and threats may follow and coerce one, but go ahead if you wish.
    We have never objected to — let alone forbidden — any intelligent and civilized discussions here, Vern, so don't talk bullshit.

What we do forbid here is propaganda, and just about everything you yourself have been posting here on account of US politics, vaccines, Covid-19 denial and the likes is outright propaganda and cheerleading, without any discussion at all.

Source: The Free Dictionary

prop·a·gan·da
    n.

1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
    2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

Source: The Free Dictionary

Source: Wikipedia

Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented. Propaganda is often associated with material prepared by governments, but activist groups, companies, religious organizations and the media can also produce propaganda.

In the twentieth century, the term propaganda has often been associated with a manipulative approach, but propaganda historically was a neutral descriptive term.

A wide range of materials and media are used for conveying propaganda messages, which changed as new technologies were invented, including paintings, cartoons, posters, pamphlets, films, radio shows, TV shows, and websites. Propaganda is now moving into a digital age utillizing bots, algorithms, to create computational propaganda and spread online fake or biased news using social media.

In a 1929 literary debate with Edward Bernays, Everett Dean Martin argues that, “Propaganda is making puppets of us. We are moved by hidden strings which the propagandist manipulates.”

[ continue reading here ]

Source: Wikipedia

You have incessantly and repeatedly been drowning this forum with that exact same old junk, against all of our warnings, and that is why you have repeatedly been slapped on the wrist. Had this been Project Avalon, then you would already long have been banned — not because of the material itself, because Project Avalon absolutely loves that kind of stuff — but because of your persistent defiance of the management. Countless other people — myself included — were banned from there for far less, if for any valid reason at all.

If Denise wants to have an actual discussion about Orange Jesus™, then she can have it, and then I'm actually hoping that a real discussion will take place — a discussion in which Denise's arguments are met with some real opposition instead of the thread becoming a Trump-cheerleading echo chamber like Project Avalon — but then I myself as an individual am not going to be stepping into that cesspool again. Given how much attention has already been spent here in our little Shire on the parochial soap opera of US American internal politics and bipartisan cheerleading, I for one simply cannot bear the stench anymore.

All I will say on the matter — as myself, not as the administrator of this forum — is that as far as I'm concerned, Donald Trump is the biggest bag of filth that the inside walls of the White House have ever seen, that I piss on everything the man stands for, and that I absolutely, completely and vehemently disagree with Denise's political views. But I am not going to step into that turd, and Denise's Trump thread is going on my mental ignore list.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022), Wind (5th September 2022)

Thanks
    We have little choice but change because that is life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Silly Wabbit (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Not seen on msn's yet but many maga's are being raided ?.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (14th September 2022)

Thanks
    Not seen on msn's yet but many maga's are being raided ?.
    I haven't heard or read about this anywhere myself either, other than seeing it claimed by the MAGA4EVAs over at Project Avalon, and MAGA4EVAs are quite well-known for playing the victim game, even if they have to invent a story in which they can portray themselves as victims.

So it's probably best to take that with a huge barrel of salt.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Yes maybe Frank, have been very busy and doing a news catch up atm, heard 36 raids so with so many it is likely not true, time will tell us i feel and will add if i come across anything else.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Am hugely busy and not soaring the alternative skies much as such but watched X22 report saying 35 Maga's raided, with news headlines seen.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Am hugely busy and not soaring the alternative skies much as such but watched X22 report saying 35 Maga's raided, with news headlines seen.
    X22 Report is a biased alt-right venue, Vern. I thought you knew this by now.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th September 2022), Fred Steeves (12th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022), Wind (12th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The fun of it is, it only takes a few clicks to quickly discover that all of this "35 MAGA's raided" thing, comes straight from Steven Bannon "breaking the news" to Charlie Kirk:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLAEWcGW_A

X22 just piled on with the rest of 'em.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th September 2022), Aragorn (12th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022), Wind (12th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    The fun of it is, it only takes a few clicks to quickly discover that all of this "35 MAGA's raided" thing, comes straight from Steven Bannon "breaking the news" to Charlie Kirk:

X22 just piled on with the rest of 'em.
    What baffles me is that the MAGAs and other assorted trash so desperately want to see themselves as being the righteous ones while at the same time having to resort to spreading one lie after the other. It's just surreal.

In the Dutch language, we have a saying that goes something like "Beware when the Fox starts preaching the Passion" — the Fox in this case being a reference to Reynard the Fox and other such anthropomorphic animal stories in which the fox is portrayed as a treacherous villain.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th September 2022), Fred Steeves (13th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022), Wind (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    What baffles me is that the MAGAs and other assorted trash
    Just for the record, I don't think it's helpful to refer to those we disagree with as trash.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th September 2022), Aragorn (13th September 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th September 2022), Wind (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    What baffles me is that the MAGAs and other assorted trash [...]
    Just for the record, I don't think it's helpful to refer to those we disagree with as trash.
    Well, your mileage may vary, but as an individual, I personally regard overt racists, fascists, neo-Nazis and people who spout outright lies in order to slander someone else as legitimate trash. This goes way beyond disagreeing with them, Fred.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th September 2022), Fred Steeves (13th September 2022), Wind (13th September 2022)

Thanks
    Oh well aware the are touted as rite wing Aragorn, the news headlines ( local to the area's ) was enough.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th September 2022)