Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: A discussion on the validity of information sources

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    In The War of Narratives, I am an observer.

An observer with an opinion expressed by a combination of the following:

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th July 2022), Aragorn (18th July 2022), Wind (18th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    No Vern, it doesn't. This is a thread devoted to discussing the validity of information sources, not a thread for giving airtime to certain information sources.

There already is a Russell Brand thread, and the above video has no place on this thread here. For that matter, the same is true with regard to a number of other videos and articles you've already been posting here. In other words, you are both derailing this thread and once again displaying an unconditional information bias.
    TOTally dissagree, put on Brands thread and then i watched, my golly i thought n felt, this deserves it's own thread due to the data regards info n data sharing and not sharing, then remembered this here thread, as you will notice as you watched, very deserving of being here indeed or did you not watch and assumed ?.

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Consensus reality is breaking down. It's a problem.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd August 2022), Aragorn (2nd August 2022), modwiz (3rd August 2022), Wind (2nd August 2022)

Thanks
    Be absolutely amazing to watch, nasty though for many.

Have imagined somewhat the point-s we are at atm and this is intense, far more than i thought or felt.

Amazing that the USA is being told nope you not be in a reccession lol, the 1984 speak is incredible.

Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Hows you OG ?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Octopus Garden (3rd August 2022), Wind (2nd August 2022)

Thanks
    OKay Shire, here is a doozey and bless you what n whichever the outcome for you, some here will know Clif, Moddy this may or may not scratch your brain n or mind.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mZi8LLOMeK2H/

Now why put it here, ahhh it is imo the ultimate in unvalidating and validating of ? that i have come across since a long time.

Will look at it being it's own thread.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

modwiz (3rd August 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    OKay Shire, here is a doozey and bless you what n whichever the outcome for you, some here will know Clif, Moddy this may or may not scratch your brain n or mind.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mZi8LLOMeK2H/

Now why put it here, ahhh it is imo the ultimate in unvalidating and validating of ? that i have come across since a long time.

Will look at it being it's own thread.
    I watched this one the day it came out. I enjoy the perspective that Clif brings to the 'Narradigm'.

A new one came out today.

Also, consensus reality appears to be breaking down. That consensus is fed by the Western Narradigm.

It is the actually Narradigm that is breaking down.
    Last edited by modwiz, 3rd August 2022 at 20:30.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2022)

Thanks
    It's kinda like the Mandela Effect.

Like, I remember not having to be a biologist to identify gender.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2022), Aragorn (4th August 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd August 2022)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Be absolutely amazing to watch, nasty though for many.

Have imagined somewhat the point-s we are at atm and this is intense, far more than i thought or felt.

Amazing that the USA is being told nope you not be in a reccession lol, the 1984 speak is incredible.

Hows you OG ?
    Hi Aianawa, Am in a viral twilight zone, in more ways than one. Withdrawing from the world and people. Thinking of getting an old dog or cat, that won't burn me out energy wise. Dog in a coma might work! How are you, Vern? I love your PM, btw!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2022), Aragorn (4th August 2022), modwiz (3rd August 2022), Wind (4th August 2022)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    It's kinda like the Mandela Effect.

Like, I remember not having to be a biologist to identify gender.
    The alt/right take the most extreme transgender issues, that rarely come up in real life, and exaggerate them to cause alarm and outrage. The more outrage youtube personalities generate the more money they make. There other favorite topic is how biased and false msm is, and that it's all about money for THEM. In fact, the same perverse incentives underlie most alt right media. The alt/left is just playing catch up. They do the same, but to less a degree. All the same, there is this weird war going on for who guards the keys to the kingdom of 'Truth.'

I have a simple way of gauging how truthful anybody is by how often they use the word, 'truth.' Have found, in retrospect that the number of times the word was used, was inversely proportional to how much actual truth the blogger, youtuber disseminated. So that's the simple equation I use now. It seems to work fairly well.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2022), Aragorn (4th August 2022), Fred Steeves (4th August 2022), modwiz (3rd August 2022), Wind (4th August 2022)

Thanks
    The alt/right take the most extreme transgender issues, that rarely come up in real life, and exaggerate them to cause alarm and outrage. The more outrage youtube personalities generate the more money they make. There other favorite topic is how biased and false msm is, and that it's all about money for THEM. In fact, the same perverse incentives underlie most alt right media. The alt/left is just playing catch up. They do the same, but to less a degree. All the same, there is this weird war going on for who guards the keys to the kingdom of 'Truth.'

I have a simple way of gauging how truthful anybody is by how often they use the word, 'truth.' Have found, in retrospect that the number of times the word was used, was inversely proportional to how much actual truth the blogger, youtuber disseminated. So that's the simple equation I use now. It seems to work fairly well.
    As you have said, "Consensus reality is breaking down".

I agree with your remark about the 'truth'. The Western world has been living in a biblical narrative that defies all logic.........and gnosis.

They have their 'truth' but it is a poor ontological view. Geared to the average unremarkable intellect.

Truth for dummies.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2022), Aragorn (4th August 2022), Fred Steeves (4th August 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd August 2022), Wind (4th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I remember not having to be a biologist to identify gender.
    As I understand it, the current trend would rather be to dismiss biology altogether on account of determining gender. Apparently gender is now merely something which is "assigned", and some idiots feel that the natural biological evolution of humans from childhood into adolescence should be genetically and/or pharmaceutically modified so as to create a time frame in which everyone can — or rather, must — decide on what gender they wish to have assigned to them. I kid you not.

Mind you, I do not intend there to be any disrespect here toward trans-people, and in a way, I feel compassion toward them for first having to have suffered the pain of an identity crisis — and all of the social stigma, harassment and hatred that typically comes with it from all the usual sources — and then the physical suffering (and the financial burden) that they are putting themselves through for having their bodies surgically altered in order to escape that original suffering. It takes a lot of courage to endure all of that, and this should be appreciated and respected.

Yet, at the same time, all respect aside, changing one's physical gender appearance does not change one's biological gender itself. Therefore, I personally cannot regard such people as either male or female depending on what they have chosen to look like. For me, they are and will remain trans-people, and I will refer to them with the by them usually preferred gender-neutral third-person plural pronouns. For that matter, intersexual people go through much of the same suffering, and they were naturally born as biologically androgynous humans.

Therefore, my gripe is not with the trans-people themselves — everyone has a right to happiness, and no one should have to suffer. My gripe is with the "wokesters" who feel that their neuroticism should become everyone else's neuroticism too, and then expect there to no longer be any neuroticism anymore as a result. That is not a socio-political ideology; that's a neurotic projection which abuses the political apparatus in a completely illogical and self-defeating attempt at an unscientific form of auto-psychotherapy.

Another example of this is the push toward so-called "inclusive" language, which in reality is not inclusive but exclusive. One can now no longer refer to electrical or mechanical systems as "master and slave", or to connector pairs as "male and female", and one can now also no longer use the terms "blacklist" and "whitelist", because — Heaven forbids! — somebody somewhere might have non-existing memories of the time of slavery in the USA. And yet, they call it "inclusiveness", while at the same time, smoking on camera is now a taboo and may not be depicted anymore in any movie or TV series, let alone news broadcasts and interviews.

Even Sinterklaas' helper Black Pete may now no longer be black, even though he was only black from getting covered in soot from crawling up and down the chimneys while delivering toys to the children — historically, Pete was not of African ethnicity, because he is always depicted wearing medieval Spanish clothing and was always understood to be of native Spanish origins.

I consider myself fairly progressive, but the above socio-political phenomena have nothing, zero, zilch to do with being progressive. Nothing whatsoever. If I had the money, I'd buy a large supply of dictionaries and ship them out to all the wokesters so that they can look up on the words "progressive" and "inclusive".

Being truly progressive would mean giving people of all genders and gender choices equal rights, equal opportunities and — since we are unfortunately living in a financial-economic system — equal salaries, and likewise for people of all ethnicities. Respect each other's freedom as you respect your own, and treat every human being with dignity and respect, regardless of who they are. Allow everyone to be happy as they are, as long as they are not harming anyone else — naturally, sociopaths are a hazard to everyone and anyone, and unfortunately, there will always be sociopaths among us. But we're all brothers and sisters, and we're all living on the same rock floating through space.

What being progressive does not mean is "getting rid of your personal neurotic impulses by ramming them down other people's throats and then expecting them to be happy with that." Because if that is how one feels, then one should visit a psychiatrist instead of creating political lobbies.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2022), Fred Steeves (4th August 2022), PurpleLama (9th August 2022), Wind (4th August 2022)