Thread: 1968 clip

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

1968 clip

Came to me to watch again today and felt to share this time, 1968 clip is amazing.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022)

Thanks
    Similar to start of this oldie film

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    This is reminding me of how Trump would talk about some event or some incident and it would turn out that he was talking about a movie, not current events. He seemed at times to be confusing the two. But of course he would deliberately confuse issues as a very useful and effective tactic.

When a person doesn't really care about the truth, i.e. drawing a line on a hurricane map with a sharpie, it doesn't matter if they're connected to it or not. They have no respect for the truth.

And Trump didn't care that he caused stress, economic difficulties, and fear in communities which were in no danger from the hurricane. He didn't care about the damage he caused. He liked it. Because it made things more unsettled and then more malleable for him. He could continue to manipulate more and more easily.

That's how it works. Undermine the foundation first. "Everything is fake!!!" Then you start saying what you want over and over and folks will follow. That's what played out. Sadly.

People have been believing they're being 'chipped' or something for my whole life. The latest claim with the vaccine is another extension of that meme. Just like the pedo claims. They're old as the hills.

When I was just in Scotland, I learned that some of the horrible rumors which would be spread between clans involved eating babies. A couple centuries ago. The tools are still being used and folks are still falling for it hook, line and sinker.

I don't get it. I guess there's a certain survival dynamic involved in this kind of psychology.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2022), Aragorn (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2022), Wind (22nd May 2022)

Thanks
    Dynamic indeed, organised though ?.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd June 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd June 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    People do what works. If you find out that the chupacabra stories were being told to keep folks out of an area where there was a valuable resource and it worked, you'd do the same. This happens all the time. Which means that a great deal of these stories are deliberately made up by people wanting to keep other people out of an area.

Drug dealers do this. It's really kind of a base behavior. Play into peoples' fears to keep your power and greed. Who needs to plan when people are gullible and reactionary?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (3rd June 2022), Wind (4th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    People do what works. If you find out that the chupacabra stories were being told to keep folks out of an area where there was a valuable resource and it worked, you'd do the same. This happens all the time. Which means that a great deal of these stories are deliberately made up by people wanting to keep other people out of an area.

Drug dealers do this. It's really kind of a base behavior. Play into peoples' fears to keep your power and greed. Who needs to plan when people are gullible and reactionary?
    Very good points, DT. I don't usually do this but you are worth the effort. I think reactionary means 'resistant to change'. I double-checked because words often have dual semantics but I didn't see anything that would suggest that.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd June 2022)