Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journey to the Andromeda Galaxy

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts

Journey to the Andromeda Galaxy

DESCRIPTION

The Andromeda Galaxy is our massive galactic neighbour, a spiral galaxy more than double the size of the Milky Way. In this video, we will be taking a journey, from this galaxy's ancient history, right up to its remote future- using the latest and most beautiful images to know our cosmic neighbour like never before. This is our journey to the Andromeda Galaxy...

00:00 Introduction
    01:19 Historical Observations of Andromeda
    05:25 The Great Debate
    08:12 Modern Efforts to Study Andromeda
    09:36 Road to Andromeda
    14:00 Andromeda's Satellites
    17:48 Inside the Andromeda Galaxy
    21:07 Worlds Inside Andromeda
    22:51 Black Holes in Andromeda
    25:00 Andromeda's Blueshift
    27:32 Collision with the Milky Way
    31:07 Milkomeda

DURATION

36 minutes

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th April 2022), Fred Steeves (25th April 2022), Gio (24th April 2022), Wind (24th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Sure this is not a hoax, so much speculation and imo silly science.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Gio (24th April 2022), Wind (24th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    The science is legitimate, Vern. There is some speculation involved when it comes to the predictions regarding the expected end of the universe because that's all way too far into the future, but all of the astronomical data is correct and based upon verifiable calculations and observational data.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th April 2022), Gio (24th April 2022), Wind (24th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The Andromeda Galaxy...
    I'm not sure how long it is supposed to be, many millions of millions of years, but it will collide with the Milky Way at some point. And there's that damn Andromeda Strain. Not a hoax, Aianawa, a movie and a very good one.
    Last edited by Wind, 24th April 2022 at 22:41. Reason: trimmed your quotes
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2022), Aragorn (24th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Gio (24th April 2022), Wind (24th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    I'm not sure how long it is supposed to be, many millions of millions of years, but it will collide with the Milky Way at some point.
    Yes, it will. It is moving toward us at approximately 110 km per second. The good news is that it still has about 2'000'000 light-years to cross, so it'll take approximately another 5 billion years. And by that time, Earth has already long been burned to a crisp and probably become vaporized due to the expansion of the sun, which might even encompass Mars too.

And there's that damn Andromeda Strain. Not a hoax, Aianawa, a movie and a very good one.
    Yes, it's a great movie — a classic in the sci-fi genre, even — but it was only fiction nevertheless.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th April 2022), Gio (24th April 2022), Wind (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Wink

No, that's another forum guy's modus operandi ...
    Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2022), Aragorn (25th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    The science is legitimate, Vern. There is some speculation involved when it comes to the predictions regarding the expected end of the universe because that's all way too far into the future, but all of the astronomical data is correct and based upon verifiable calculations and observational data.
    Are you being funny ?.

Who went there and reported ? verified ? observed ?, more evidence in Tartarian data, observed, verified and reported, get the drift ?.

Quote Originally posted by Gio View Post
    No, that's another forum guy's modus operandi ...
    C'mon Gio, Leave Bill alone lol.

POV is our answer here imo n pov, on the adromeee non here will have same pov, altogether. Bring things back to Earth and many can sit alongside others pov due to eyes n ears etc.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2022), Gio (25th April 2022)

Thanks

Love

Well i'm not a scientist, but i did have the pleasure of knowing a wonderful Being from the Andromeda Galaxy ... He was Jedar the Shaman of Eceti Ranch ...

Jedar conversing with Orb entities out on the 'field of dreams'.

Jedar often referred to endearingly as the ECETI wonder dog. He passed at 24 and lived a wonderful life touching many hearts at ECETI. As you can see by the photo he was not your average dog. He was named after an Andromedan Afa Jedar and lived up to the name. He was a corgi blue healer mix. Appeared in the ECETI documentaries, has his own facebook page and has watched as many come and go from ECETI. He told us he was leaving in the next two days and true to his word he passed leaving a legacy behind. He was truly a healer and mentor of both dogs and humans.

James Gilliland
    And i spent many a nights transfixed by those eyes of his with universal wisdom and love ... On the other hand, the only thing that other guy (you referred to above) was simply just left bored out of my mind (when he once visited the ranch, and i wasn't the only one who felt that way).

As far as POV ... You'll just have to take my word for it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th April 2022), Aragorn (25th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2022), Wind (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Your word or pov is recieved, blessings.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2022), Gio (25th April 2022), Wind (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Are you being funny ?.

Who went there and reported ? verified ? observed ?,
    You don't have to go over there in order to be able to make calculations, Vern. We've got loads of optical telescopes and radio telescopes — even up in space, mounted on satellites — and we've got decades, nay, centuries of observations of the movement of celestial bodies. We can perform spectral analyses. We know and understand the laws of physics, and we know the effects of gravity. We understand the Doppler effect — redshift and blueshift — and we possess computers powerful enough to make calculations, reliably predict trajectories and present ample probable outcomes regarding things that we have insufficient data on.

But all of this is so convoluted that there is simply no way for me to be able to explain all of that by way of a simple forum post. It takes years of study to be able to not only understand all of the individual concepts, but to also be able to see how these individual concepts interact and create an immensely bigger picture.

This is stuff that thousands of very thick books have been written about ever since the first observations of the stars began, thousands of years ago. And I am sorry to have say this, but had you taken out the time to learn about these things and to study the laws of physics instead of dismissing things with a childlike knee jerk, then you too would understand. The good news is that you can at least brush up on some of your understanding by consulting peer-reviewed and confirmed-accurate material about all of this stuff on the internet. I would suggest starting with Wikipedia. You may not get the complete picture this way — as I said, this takes years of study — but you will at least be able to grasp enough of it to understand the basics.

Dismissing established science with a knee jerk is easy, because then you don't have to think about it. But it's also a form of denial, exactly because you're running away from having to actually think about it.

more evidence in Tartarian data, observed, verified and reported, get the drift ?.
    Oh please, Vern, you're insulting my intelligence. The Tartaria stuff has already long been debunked, with more elaborate and properly documented evidence than that which supports the theory.

What you are displaying here, my friend, is confirmation bias. You believe in the things you do because you want to believe in them, against all better judgment. And at the same time, you dismiss genuine science out-of-hand because you've never taken the time to learn and understand, and because as such, it goes over your head. So dismissing it is easier.

That's not truth-seeking, Vern. That's intellectual cowardice. And you're derailing this thread by trolling me. And you know it.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2022), Gio (25th April 2022), Wind (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    You don't have to go over there in order to be able to make calculations, Vern. We've got loads of optical telescopes and radio telescopes — even up in space, mounted on satellites — and we've got decades, nay, centuries of observations of the movement of celestial bodies.
    Thanks to the likes of James Webb we will able to understand outer space even more in the near future.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rErV7pAhuyQ
    Last edited by Wind, 25th April 2022 at 13:45.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2022), Aragorn (25th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2022), Gio (26th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Are you being funny ?.

Who went there and reported ? verified ? observed ?, more evidence in Tartarian data, observed, verified and reported, get the drift ?.
    Here's an observation from someone with barely even a layman's knowledge of this stuff.

If you're going to be looking to criticize, best watch very closely and challenge only the speculative parts, not the nuts and bolts of it that have ultimately been verified over time by giants standing on the shoulders of previous giants of the field, and of course better and better technology going hand in hand with that.

If they tell me the distance from earth to Andromeda is 2.5 million light years for example, I'm not going to argue with that it's a fool's argument! WTF do I know?

Even when known science inevitably strays into speculation, rank criticism is not appropriate because that's also what science does, it speculates based on what's known at the time, in lieu of actually knowing something as fact.

I picked out two examples of this, one from the past and one from the present:

From the past (@ 5:25)

But this claim was disputed by many scientists, most notably by American astronomer Harlow Shapley, who had previously measured the Milky Way, and thus what he considered to be the entire universe, to be about 300,000 light years in diameter.

This culminated in one of the most significant events of 20TH Century science. The Great Debate of 1920. Where Shapley and Curtis discussed the nature of the universe, and of the spiral nebulae, in front of a live audience at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.

Shapley on the one hand, argued that the Milky Way was the entire universe, and that all known spiral objects were merely their own type of nebulae residing within. He argued if there truly were other galaxies, their distance would have to be in the tens of millions of light years, a jump in scale not too many astronomers were willing to accept.
    He was ultimately proven wrong, and his opponent was correct that there were many other galaxies, but that's how science works and progresses. Shapley was not part of some hoax.

At Present (15:00 in)

The satellite is only around 6,500 light years in diameter, yet it is held together by a super massive black hole more that a million times the mass of the sun.

That is an extremely massive nucleus for such a small galaxy, which suggests that it may have been larger in the past. Given the mass of the central black hole, scientists think that M 32 may have once been its own spiral or lenticular galaxy. Even larger than the Triangulum Galaxy. But ultimately not large enough to survive its encounter with its host.

As the two galaxies came within touching distance of one another, the ill fated proto galaxy had its outlying stars absorbed by Andromeda, leaving only the dense galactic core bound to the super massive black hole.
    Far be it from me to argue the first sentence, the actual measurements and observations.

Now starting in the second sentence with "which suggests" and "scientists think", that's where some speculation begins. It's something real that both you and they are looking at Vern, but it simply hasn't yet been established how it got that way.

Eventually it will be proven what happened to that ill fated galaxy, but in the meantime, all scientists can do is speculate given the information at hand.

None of this is fake or a hoax. Do you see the nuance that there is *some* speculation, mixed in with a *lot* of known fact?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2022), Aragorn (25th April 2022), Gio (26th April 2022), Wind (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Gio View Post
    Well i'm not a scientist, but i did have the pleasure of knowing a wonderful Being from the Andromeda Galaxy ... He was Jedar the Shaman of Eceti Ranch ...

Jedar conversing with Orb entities out on the 'field of dreams'.

And i spent many a nights transfixed by those eyes of his with universal wisdom and love ... On the other hand, the only thing that other guy (you referred to above) was simply just left bored out of my mind (when he once visited the ranch, and i wasn't the only one who felt that way).

As far as POV ... You'll just have to take my word for it.
    Hi Gio,

I've never been around when you might have described your experiences at the 'ranch'. You mentioned communication with the wolf and I'm wondering how that happened. Intuition, verbally through an interpreter, telepathy, spiritual contact etc. Now, I'm wondering if it was 'the' ranch? Skinwalker?

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Thanks to the likes of James Webb we will able to understand outer space even more in the near future.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rErV7pAhuyQ
    I've been watching some of these and they are frustrating. The headline states one thing and the video is about something else. I'm familiar with the 'focusing' of the mirrors, I've never seen the actual focused image which is very cool. I'm sorta waiting until the hype dies down and it starts producing some really amazing images that are truly thought provoking. I'm sure they will come this is at least one big step ahead of the Hubble scope.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2022), Aragorn (25th April 2022), Gio (25th April 2022), Wind (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    This one's only 6 minutes, and I'm specifically posting this for Vern's sake.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th April 2022), Gio (25th April 2022), Wind (25th April 2022)

Thanks
    Hi Gio,

I've never been around when you might have described your experiences at the 'ranch'. You mentioned communication with the wolf and I'm wondering how that happened. Intuition, verbally through an interpreter, telepathy, spiritual contact etc. Now, I'm wondering if it was 'the' ranch? Skinwalker?
    Not wanting to derail this thread any further here ...

But to expand on your inquiry go here ...

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2022), Aragorn (26th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2022), Silly Wabbit (5th May 2022), Wind (26th April 2022)