Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sideshow

Thanks
    Thanked 12,086 Times in 2,652 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Yeah, this is him now.

Wow, I didn't know any of that!

I don't know about all the rape charges, that would have been for the law to sort out, but I do wonder why none of that ever bubbled up during the "Me Too!" movement.

Anyway, jeez, he's only 3 years older in this picture than he was for the interview in which he was sharp as a tack. That's a rapid digression.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th January 2023), Aragorn (9th January 2023), Wind (8th January 2023)

Thanks

Socrates

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th January 2023), Aragorn (15th January 2023), Wind (15th January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,467 Times in 7,282 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    That site isn't available here in Europe.

I can see from the link that it's something about shark attack wounds though, maybe I don't want to see.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th January 2023), Aragorn (16th January 2023), Fred Steeves (15th January 2023)

Thanks
    That site isn't available here in Europe.

I can see from the link that it's something about shark attack wounds though, maybe I don't want to see.
    Ah, I just hate when that happens!

Not the big ouch, she still has her leg after all, but hardly just a scratch either. The expression on her face is about what I'd probably have, after taking a good look when the bandages come off: "eeeeeeeeeee"...

Name:  Shark Bite.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  320.7 KB

Socrates

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th January 2023), Aragorn (16th January 2023), Wind (15th January 2023)

Thanks
    That looks gnarly, many lose their limbs or lives when sharks come and take a chomp. Those kind of things make me question if I would ever want to try surfing in waters where the are sharks. The answer is no and yet still so many people do it! Dark water and sharks, especially combined is a big no-no for me. I'm not good with the element of water anyways.

Here's something a bit more light-hearted. When you get "weed" from PetSmart.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asRhvj3JxSI

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th January 2023), Aragorn (16th January 2023), Fred Steeves (15th January 2023)

Thanks
    That looks gnarly, many lose their limbs or lives when sharks come and take a chomp. Those kind of things make me question if I would ever want to try surfing in waters where the are sharks. The answer is no and yet still so many people do it! Dark water and sharks, especially combined is a big no-no for me. I'm not good with the element of water anyways.
    You know man, having spent the first 4 1/2 decades of my life on Florida's west coast, I must literally have thousands of hours spent splashing around the Gulf of Mexico, in very close proximity to god only knows how many sharks. The closest I can put it is that it's sort of like driving, where you know there's always the chance of a crash but, with due care the odds of that happening are minimal.

Since the internet made research so easy there's a lot more do's and dont's I'd observe now, and in the end the odds need to be weighed. Like as you mentioned murky water means sharky water, increased odds of accidental attack, but when there's a tropical storm or hurricane offshore that kicks the surf way up, but murks up the water. Choices.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 15th January 2023 at 22:36.

Socrates

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th January 2023), Aragorn (16th January 2023), Wind (16th January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,467 Times in 10,172 Posts

Here's something a bit more light-hearted. When you get "weed" from PetSmart.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asRhvj3JxSI
    Beginning to comprehend cats lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd January 2023), Fred Steeves (22nd January 2023), Wind (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,093 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Beginning to comprehend cats lol
    Ah, but what about the quotl?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th January 2023), Fred Steeves (22nd January 2023), Wind (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    A cool story from "Hospice Nurse Julie":
    Last edited by Aragorn, 24th January 2023 at 10:09. Reason: embedded your video :)

Socrates

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th January 2023), Aragorn (24th January 2023), Wind (24th January 2023)

Thanks
    My heart and soul ache for this woman, a shattered life.

Socrates

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th January 2023), Aragorn (24th January 2023), Wind (24th January 2023)

Thanks
    This got a chuckle. YouTube with it's manipulative algorithm, advising me on matters of manipulation.

Name:  Manipulation.png
Views: 176
Size:  766.7 KB

Socrates

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th January 2023), Aragorn (24th January 2023), Wind (24th January 2023)

Thanks

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th January 2023), Aragorn (26th January 2023), Fred Steeves (26th January 2023)

Thanks
    This was a sideshow here in the States a few months ago, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised the police body cam footage was released, it's a long story but cover up was written all over it.

Socrates

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th January 2023), Aragorn (28th January 2023), Wind (28th January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,093 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    This was a sideshow here in the States a few months ago, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised the police body cam footage was released, it's a long story but cover up was written all over it.

I read about the attack on Paul Pelosi, Fred — it briefly made the news over here — but to be honest, I can't make heads or tails of what this video is supposed to show us, nor about any cover-up — who has been covering up what exactly?

It is clear that Paul Pelosi did not know who this David character was, and that the latter has forced his way into the Pelosis' house. But everything after that is just nonsensical.

The intruder apparently allows Paul Pelosi to call the police and even says his first name out loud so that the police can hear and record it. And then there's that weird scene when the cops arrive with Pelosi and the intruder both holding the hammer, and whereby the intruder then attacks Pelosi with the hammer and continues to beat him with it while the cops are trying to arrest him.

Even a David Lynch movie makes more sense to me. So, can you give me a quick rundown on what you think really happened there, and on who was covering up what?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2023), Diabolical Boids (28th January 2023), Fred Steeves (28th January 2023), Wind (28th January 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I read about the attack on Paul Pelosi, Fred — it briefly made the news over here — but to be honest, I can't make heads or tails of what this video is supposed to show us, nor about any cover-up — who has been covering up what exactly?

It is clear that Paul Pelosi did not know who this David character was, and that the latter has forced his way into the Pelosis' house. But everything after that is just nonsensical.

The intruder apparently allows Paul Pelosi to call the police and even says his first name out loud so that the police can hear and record it. And then there's that weird scene when the cops arrive with Pelosi and the intruder both holding the hammer, and whereby the intruder then attacks Pelosi with the hammer and continues to beat him with it while the cops are trying to arrest him.

Even a David Lynch movie makes more sense to me. So, can you give me a quick rundown on what you think really happened there, and on who was covering up what?
    That freak show made it across the pond huh?

Yeah, it was one of those incidents that was weird, and just had "they're hiding something" written all over it. Keep in mind that the Pelosi duo are lightning rods for attention anyway, he had just had a DUI under somewhat odd circumstances in its own right, and the food fighting mid term elections were only a couple of weeks away.

This was a textbook example of why it's best to just put what really happened out there from the get go, because even though it's still weird, from the looks of it now there's not really any there, there; but Queen Nancy decided they were going to stonewall, we saw an MSNBC reporter put on permanent vacation for reporting some details that wound up being fairly close to the mark, so people doing what they do it such cases, the speculations of what really happened inside the Pelosi residence that night started flying:

They both answered the door in their underwear, the perp was a male prostitute, it was a gay lover's tryst gone bad, the way the window was shattered suggested someone broke out and not in, the perp was a MAGA guy, and on and on it went. Don't get me wrong I was right in there with the speculation as well, it reeked of something rotten in Denmark. At this point, with the bodycam video, the only real question I, like others still have, is who opened the door?

If you're still interested, Kim Iverson does a real good job here breaking it down with going back and doing the research dredging it all back up again:

Socrates

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2023), Aragorn (29th January 2023), Wind (28th January 2023)