Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moderna Stocks Collapse n Pfizer removed from stock exchange

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    And you shouldn’t bury this in misinfo with the rest of the dogshit threads he created for whatever reason. You should make it private and change the title to “donk accuses Aianawa of gaslighting”
    What is the purpose of your presence?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (20th March 2022), Fred Steeves (20th March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    I hear you say that you don’t think it’s “gaslighting”, fine…to my mind the concept does not require malicious intent. What do you call the idea of living in a completely different reality from the rest of the people you share it with, and refusing to even try to attempt to even move in a direction toward the community?
    I call it "being out of touch with reality, in combination with being in denial about it".

For me, the word "gaslighting" implies malicious intent, and I don't see any malice in Vern. He truly believes all of the nonsense he posts, and he doesn't even seem to grasp that nobody here is buying what he sells.

“Gaslighting” already caused too many problems, and I am not saying you ever accused him of behavior approaching that…but I got to ask, do you think there’s such a thing as a harmless one of those?
    I do not — and I'm speaking for my colleagues as well here — consider what Vern is doing as harmless, neither to himself, nor to anyone who visits this forum and stumbles upon his misinformation. That's why we're slapping him upside the head all the time.

II don’t think it’s ever ok to try to make someone else live in (or even tell about) a reality where 2+2=5. At least not being able to respond to direct questioning about it. It’s malicious regardless of how “sweet” he presented himself to be (to you).

Why do you give him a pass?
    Compassion, friendship, sympathy... You name it.

IIf I joined as a super polite Gracy May character and gained the familiarity of the community and I posted a thread titled “Sidney Powell was murdered and every judge that struck down her lawsuits are antifa”, and then ya ask donkGM “I literally watched that psycho livestream 2 mins ago, why would you post she was dead?”, and donkGM replied, well blah blah blah and nothing related to question. Is no one allowed to question my purpose?
    Yes, it would be open to questioning — most certainly. But we've known Vern for now — what is it? — seven years or so, and we know he's not malevolent. That doesn't make it right that he's spreading misinformation, and we're also not blind to when he's doing it. On the contrary, we take him to ask about it, and we've made it clear to him that something's got to give. Either he'll change his ways and do away with his prejudices and his gullibility, or else we're going to have to retire him — not ban him like they did at Project Avalon, because that would be unnecessarily cruel.

And for everyone's sake, we're still hoping he'll come to see the light before we're running out of patience. Like I said, something's got to give.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (20th March 2022), Fred Steeves (20th March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Vern is the true dumpster diver and he brings the garbage in. "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

We and Aragorn have been very patient with him and his disinfo, sadly this alternative community has lots of people with poor discernment and researching skills. As Aragorn said though, that doesn't make them bad people. Only gullible and ignorant people, but it's not a sin. Then again, "normal" people should start to learn what is true and what is not.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st March 2022), Aragorn (20th March 2022), donk (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (20th March 2022), Lord Sidious (20th March 2022)