Thread: London Bridge Down

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

London Bridge Down

London bridge is down is code for the Queen is dead, rumours have begun like two weeks ago and seeing some articles n talk that it is nigh to let it out today, so prepping a thread now and if it be a false alarm, well we can dredge this thread up latter.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Chris (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    May piss be upon her
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2022), Chris (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    lol for me the timestamp you have on your post is 5.55, imo a christed post indeed

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2022), Chris (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    London bridge is down is code for the Queen is dead, rumours have begun like two weeks ago and seeing some articles n talk that it is nigh to let it out today, so prepping a thread now and if it be a false alarm, well we can dredge this thread up latter.
    It's fake news. She has Covid-19 but she's still very much alive.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Lord Sidious (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    David Icke will be standing by with bated breath, hoping that upon her death she should finally reveal her true form...

Alas, it will be for naught.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    David Icke will be standing by with bated breath, hoping that upon her death she should finally reveal her true form...

Alas, it will be for naught.
    No kidding, if anything I think she is supposed to just dissolve ... I can say that because she ain't dead.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2022), Chris (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    London bridge is down is code for the Queen is dead [...]
    May piss be upon her
    Oh come on, Sidinugget, give the old lass a break. She is only but a figurehead who gets to sign some documents presented to her. The real power in the former British empire rests on other shoulders, just as it does here in Belgium.

The royal family here in Belgium is pretty much a prisoner/hostage of its own celebrity status, with the true power at the palace resting in the hands of the royal family's entourage of nobles, clergy and still mildly active but officially retreated/retired politicians that were once frequent guests at the palace because they've been prime ministers at some point, or because they've served as royal informers (tasked with polling the different parties after an election on their willingness to enter a coalition) or formateurs (tasked with assembling such a coalition).

Even in Britain, the queen serves a primarily ceremonial role. It's the nobles and politicians that surround her — and who in turn get their information and advice from the spook agencies — who make the decisions, and then all Liz has to do is sign the papers. And like the deceased Belgian king Boudewijn, Elizabeth II too was crowned at a very young age — I think she was only 21, just as Boudewijn was when Leopold III was forced to abdicate the throne because of his prior collaboration with the Nazis and his second marriage to a woman from a Nazi-sympathizing family.

I'm not a monarchist either, but that's an institutional matter.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Lord Sidious (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    It's fake news. She has Covid-19 but she's still very much alive.
    Don't be like that nugg...............

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Oh come on, Sidinugget, give the old lass a break. She is only but a figurehead who gets to sign some documents presented to her. The real power in the former British empire rests on other shoulders, just as it does here in Belgium.

The royal family here in Belgium is pretty much a prisoner/hostage of its own celebrity status, with the true power at the palace resting in the hands of the royal family's entourage of nobles, clergy and still mildly active but officially retreated/retired politicians that were once frequent guests at the palace because they've been prime ministers at some point, or because they've served as royal informers (tasked with polling the different parties after an election on their willingness to enter a coalition) or formateurs (tasked with assembling such a coalition).

Even in Britain, the queen serves a primarily ceremonial role. It's the nobles and politicians that surround her — and who in turn get their information and advice from the spook agencies — who make the decisions, and then all Liz has to do is sign the papers. And like the deceased Belgian king Boudewijn, Elizabeth II too was crowned at a very young age — I think she was only 21, just as Boudewijn was when Leopold III was forced to abdicate the throne because of his prior collaboration with the Nazis and his second marriage to a woman from a Nazi-sympathizing family.

I'm not a monarchist either, but that's an institutional matter.

Nope.
    She ''owns'' a huge chunk of the surface area of earth.
    Don't confuse the public and private personas.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Don't be like that nugg...............

Nope.
    She ''owns'' a huge chunk of the surface area of earth.
    Don't confuse the public and private personas.
    That much is true (17 percent by some estimates), though it is questionable whether that means she has real power over these lands, most of it is frozen wasteland or desert.

She owns these territories on paper, but I'm not sure she derives any significant benefit from it. Though, I always wondered where the fees paid for leasehold land ultimately ended up. Some of it must go to the Crown Estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, etc...

Btw, the Privy council is rumoured to have the real power behind the curtains. Think Game of Thrones' Small Council and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it works and how it operates.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    That much is true (17 percent by some estimates), though it is questionable whether that means she has real power over these lands, most of it is frozen wasteland or desert.

She owns these territories on paper, but I'm not sure she derives any significant benefit from it. Though, I always wondered where the fees paid for leasehold land ultimately ended up. Some of it must go to the Crown Estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, etc...

Btw, the Privy council is rumoured to have the real power behind the curtains. Think Game of Thrones' Small Council and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it works and how it operates.
    I know this little bit. In Brazil, descendants of 'Royal' families from original colonists still receive 'royalties' from current day landowners of such properties like apartment buildings, etc. Does no good for the folk, obviously.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    No kidding, if anything I think she is supposed to just dissolve ... I can say that because she ain't dead.
    I bet she will just spontaneously self-combust when her time comes.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    We used to sing that song as kids. London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady. It never really had meaning for me as a kid, it was just a rhyme and a game.

I didn't learn until later in life the often grim origins of the songs and games we played. Like ring around the rosy. It was just a game.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2022), Wind (23rd February 2022)