Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bickering Gateway to and from The Shire

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    It is therefore highly ironic that a man who so overtly displays his own narcissistic personality disorder — and who therefore himself has very little empathy, if any at all — would make any claims about other people's ability to empathize. Or for that matter, that he of all people should be qualified to diagnose anyone at all as being a sociopath, least of all when he regularly exhibits some sociopathic traits of his own, such as taking out his frustrations on people who've got nothing to do with what he's frustrated about and then showing no remorse whatsoever afterwards — on the contrary: he will continue treating them passive-aggressively from there on, and I can easily testify of this myself, because he also did it to me.
    I think last time I checked the reason he had up for banning me was “sharing pm’s” or some shit…I know one pm he sent me (here, cuz he’s a psycho that will stalk you across forums) when I was posting up LRon’s OT3, suggested my first symptoms of MS were a result of posting his hero’s ravings. (Ya gotta be at the right level to bear witness to the genius of The late Lafeyette Ronald Hubbard, BR was doing a service as I was putting others in harm’s way)

He’s always been an asshole, you just gotta push the right buttons and be in the right place to see him expose it (blatantly)
    Last edited by donk, 11th May 2022 at 22:41.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th May 2022), Aragorn (11th May 2022), Dreamtimer (11th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    "Cause I'm the Vax Man,

Yeah, I'm the Vax Maann..."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th May 2022), Aragorn (12th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2022), Octopus Garden (2nd August 2022)

Thanks
    Just to make my position clear... For those who don't read my long posts.. (Sorry about that)

Simply put.... I am friends with both Aragorn AND Bill... And a great number of others that are now involved in this...

This train wreck involves so many people that I truly care about, that I cannot help but watch, hoping things will get better for everyone...

You may not know, but Kryztian is like a brother to me... (At least I feel this way about him)...

He is kind and funny, intelligent and very opinionated... and I spent about 6 or 7 days rooming next to him, with our rooms ajoined, when we all went to Laughlin... Most of the time our room doors were open as one big room.. We shared meals together, went shopping together.. Shared a car while there...

He was/is like the brother I never had... And when we got home, we maintained that friendship. Occasionally we still text eachother, and prior to CoVid, were trying to plan another trip together, if we could get the dates lined up with our schedules... as he lives on the other side of the country...

These people are not just names on a screen to me..

And it isn't just Kryztian... I try to form bonds with those I consider to be friends.. Lasting ones.. It is difficult for me to see so many people I care about, at odds with eachother.

I just cringe to see how far it has gone, knowing these people are so upset... And not just one, but all of them...

I do not have any beefs with Bill, or Aragorn, or Gio, or Purple Lama, or Fred, or anyone... In fact I am just getting to know some of these people, and finding them to be wonderful people... At least in the relationships I have with them... and I am hoping I do not lose possible future friendships as a result of "forum wars."

This is why I keep coming here and reading...

It involves a great many that I consider to be my extended family... And I don't mind saying it openly.. I think friendships are beautiful, and I worry some of my friends are hurting right now, even if their words do not reflect that...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th May 2022), Aragorn (12th May 2022), Dreamtimer (12th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2022), Gio (12th May 2022), Wind (12th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th May 2022), Aragorn (12th May 2022), Dreamtimer (12th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2022), Gio (12th May 2022), Silly Wabbit (12th May 2022)

Thanks
    I used to go to the music threads at PA when things got really confrontational, just to avoid the drama... It was like stepping into a comfy little nook to escape...

Sorry, off topic... But I love the sound of BOC

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th May 2022), Aragorn (12th May 2022), Dreamtimer (12th May 2022), Fred Steeves (12th May 2022), Gio (12th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Last I knew the blue chicken leader still has followers. It is not too hard to hold onto a crowd......online.

I have a thread to post whatever whim occurs to me, here at TOT. It's a good arrangement. I do self censor because peace is precious and online stuff is peripheral to my real life.

That is to say, not very important.
    Last edited by modwiz, 12th May 2022 at 06:00.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th May 2022), Aragorn (12th May 2022), Dreamtimer (12th May 2022), Fred Steeves (12th May 2022), Gio (12th May 2022), Silly Wabbit (14th May 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    Just to make my position clear... For those who don't read my long posts.. (Sorry about that)

Simply put.... I am friends with both Aragorn AND Bill... And a great number of others that are now involved in this...

This train wreck involves so many people that I truly care about, that I cannot help but watch, hoping things will get better for everyone...

You may not know, but Kryztian is like a brother to me... (At least I feel this way about him)...

He is kind and funny, intelligent and very opinionated... and I spent about 6 or 7 days rooming next to him, with our rooms ajoined, when we all went to Laughlin... Most of the time our room doors were open as one big room.. We shared meals together, went shopping together.. Shared a car while there...

He was/is like the brother I never had... And when we got home, we maintained that friendship. Occasionally we still text eachother, and prior to CoVid, were trying to plan another trip together, if we could get the dates lined up with our schedules... as he lives on the other side of the country...

These people are not just names on a screen to me..

And it isn't just Kryztian... I try to form bonds with those I consider to be friends.. Lasting ones.. It is difficult for me to see so many people I care about, at odds with eachother.

I just cringe to see how far it has gone, knowing these people are so upset... And not just one, but all of them...

I do not have any beefs with Bill, or Aragorn, or Gio, or Purple Lama, or Fred, or anyone... In fact I am just getting to know some of these people, and finding them to be wonderful people... At least in the relationships I have with them... and I am hoping I do not lose possible future friendships as a result of "forum wars."

This is why I keep coming here and reading...

It involves a great many that I consider to be my extended family... And I don't mind saying it openly.. I think friendships are beautiful, and I worry some of my friends are hurting right now, even if their words do not reflect that...
    That's the way to do it, SW. Get to know people for real. That's much better than a few online conversations and then deciding that you know what's in a person's heart and soul. We're all real people with real lives who care about other people.

And I know that there are some forum folks who troll and stalk and post garbage, but they're the exception.

I thought Aragorn had good and noble reasons to try to form a bridge to PA. He followed his dream, literally. It takes a big man to step up and reach out the way he did. And even when he was seeing the narcissism and lack of appreciation he still did the job he committed to because he keeps his word and he has honor.

The fact that that was dishonored speak volumes.

It's too bad we can't get together in person, face to face. These online dynamics would be unable to persist. But that is not the way. And if Bill really wants this forum to die then there's not much hope in that regard.

But folks can still be friends. That's a good path because then they can see beyond the BS.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2022), Aragorn (12th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2022), Fred Steeves (12th May 2022), Gio (13th May 2022), modwiz (12th May 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Last I knew the blue chicken leader still has followers.
    According to what I've heard in a video conference that included Kevin Moore, so does praying mantis and white lizard ambassador, pervy Simon Parkes. As the matter of fact, he has in the meantime managed to set up a cult with an infrastructure very similar in circumference to that of Blue Chicken Man, and primarily centered in the USA, even though he himself is British.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I thought Aragorn had good and noble reasons to try to form a bridge to PA. He followed his dream, literally. It takes a big man to step up and reach out the way he did. And even when he was seeing the narcissism and lack of appreciation he still did the job he committed to because he keeps his word and he has honor.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2022), Dreamtimer (15th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2022), Fred Steeves (12th May 2022), Gio (13th May 2022), modwiz (12th May 2022), Silly Wabbit (13th May 2022)

Thanks
    First off, no offense meant to this poster, his post happened to have been the one to grab my attention. And so not to beat a dead horse, but it's sometimes striking to me the vastly different takes people can have on the exact same set of events, and this was a shining example.

- The member sees "Project Serpo" as nothing but the introduction of Bill Ryan into his life, I see "Project Serpo" as the first of many red flags to come, starting out with a bang by promoting disinformation with a huckster spook like Richard Doty.

- The member sees "Project Serpo"/"Project Camelot"/"Project Avalon" as nothing but names of succeeding forums, I see and wonder why all three had to be "Projects".

Anyhoos, just an observation.

Socrates

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2022), Aragorn (20th May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2022), Gio (20th May 2022), Silly Wabbit (22nd May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thinking

Re: Ten years plus on Avalon!
    project
    noun [ C ]
    a piece of planned work or an activity that is finished over a period
    of time and intended to achieve a particular purpose

In the last decade, i've gotten very little little from Bill's forum ...
    Though i put a great deal into it. Most if anything worthwhile
    has come from the members (mostly former) ...

The only real 'Project' (is/was) I suspect, is Bill projecting
    himself onto the backs of other(s) research and experiences -
    then having the audacity of labeling it as his very own Project
    Avalon property.

And let's face it folks, he has been milking that for far too long.
    Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2022), Aragorn (20th May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2022), Fred Steeves (20th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    First off, no offense meant to this poster, his post happened to have been the one to grab my attention. And so not to beat a dead horse, but it's sometimes striking to me the vastly different takes people can have on the exact same set of events, and this was a shining example.

- The member sees "Project Serpo" as nothing but the introduction of Bill Ryan into his life, I see "Project Serpo" as the first of many red flags to come, starting out with a bang by promoting disinformation with a huckster spook like Richard Doty.

- The member sees "Project Serpo"/"Project Camelot"/"Project Avalon" as nothing but names of succeeding forums, I see and wonder why all three had to be "Projects".

Anyhoos, just an observation.
    Did you ever google project camelot?

Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    I used to go to the music threads at PA when things got really confrontational, just to avoid the drama... It was like stepping into a comfy little nook to escape...

Sorry, off topic... But I love the sound of BOC
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOC_(company)
    Last edited by Aragorn, 21st May 2022 at 19:03. Reason: made your link clickable
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2022), Aragorn (21st May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2022), Fred Steeves (21st May 2022), Gio (21st May 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Oh yeah, that makes the rounds every now and then.

Socrates

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2022), Gio (21st May 2022)

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Oh yeah, that makes the rounds every now and then.

Oh yes indeed ...

I was informed in the beginning of the Bill & Kerry saga via a friend in Britain (who had connections to a large university there), that the sites were being used as live observational studies - being conducted by outside third party sources? Whether any of this was unbeknown to either Kerry or Bill was never made clear (proven) to me. Though i have always wondered about the worldly influences Mr Bill Green were upon both Bill & Kerry.

I do know that in the beginning period of the sites, lots of donations were being funneled into the "Projects" - note this coming from another original forum insider friend who had access to such information. It could be very possible the sites were being funded and used by multiple groups for study and analysis for good or dubious purposes?

One thing i believe and quite sure of though, is that these sites (and particularly) Project Avalon forum, have been embedded with sleeper cell memberships. Most noting that Bill's site which has gradually (but steadily) changed over the last half dozen years in overall directions with behavioral posting attitudes ... And i don't believe it has all necessarily originates from Bill Ryan's mind direction - if you know what i mean.

In this day and age, these 'project sites' are quite vulnerable and most probably infested by sources that have also affected the direction and content of most if not all social internet platforms.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2022), Fred Steeves (21st May 2022), Lord Sidious (22nd May 2022)

Thanks

LOL

PS, noting all that above, even i could be a plant ...
    Last edited by Gio, 21st May 2022 at 19:11. Reason: unsure

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2022), Fred Steeves (21st May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Gio View Post
    One thing i believe and quite sure of though, is that these sites (and particularly) Project Avalon forum, have been embedded with sleeper cell memberships. Most noting that Bill's site which has gradually (but steadily) changed over the last half dozen years in overall directions with behavioral posting attitudes ... And i don't believe it has all necessarily originates from Bill Ryan's mind direction - if you know what i mean.
    Well, I am not going to say that you'd be wrong about that — I really don't know, and what you say is certainly possible — but one thing to keep in mind is that when the Qanon bullshit started, there were half a dozen or so threads about that subject, and they were initially all publicly visible. This in turn then increased the prevalence of Project Avalon in the search engine results for anyone looking into that subject, with as a result that many people were signing up at Project Avalon specifically because of the Qanon thing and the general pro-Trump/anti-Hillary atmosphere that was already going round there at the time.

Things even got so bad that half of the Project Avalon mods — spearheaded by now former PA administrator Paul Jackson, currently listed there as ThePythonicCow — were at war with the other half, and then the Trump-supporting rebels left the mod room. The Qanon threads were then parked under members-only, but the damage was already done. And as we've all come to witness from Fearless Leader™ in the meantime, he maintains an "if you can't beat them, join them" philosophy, and so he slowly but steadily started sympathizing with the alt-right mob and defending them, eventually fully aligning himself with their vantage and cause, and making the Qanon threads public again.

I won't speculate on whether he did that out of narcissistic populism or so as to secure the continuation of the stream of donations, which next to covering the expenses of running and maintaining his forum also provide him with the financial means for his survival. Both are possible, and they're not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally posted by Gio View Post
    PS, noting all that above, even i could be a plant ...
    Oh my! And are they giving you enough water?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2022), Fred Steeves (21st May 2022), Gio (21st May 2022), Octopus Garden (2nd August 2022)