Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bickering Gateway to and from The Shire

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Now here's another prime example of this sniping from a position where no answer can ever be received, and no answer is even wanted, it's once again the same as hurling a cute one liner at your opponent on the debate stage, and then running out the door.

Hey Gred the Liar, remember that time you said the Taliban was a legit government and I pointed out how you were full of ****?
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...t=#post1482647'

Strat, I never had a problem with you, as a matter of fact I always liked you despite not seeing eye to eye on some matters. There's a saying I invoked a couple of times over there that's pertinent to this: "Agreement is not necessary, but mutual respect is". So you're being needlessly disrespectful on two fronts here, and you want it to be a one way street just play playing for applause from the friendly home crowd.

1) You're more than welcome to come on over here and explain to me why I'm such a liar for being "Gracy", but your hero Nill the Narcissist wasn't when he hid from the entire forum that his new mod "La Tigra", was actually his new wife Christine. I guess that's different isn't it?

2) So I'm full of shit over the Taliban? Fine, I never claimed to be correct about my every opinion, so rather than toss some video at me as if that proves anything, why don't you come on over here and lay all that deep research on me that you've been accumulating.

It's very easy to look smart within the comfy confines of a walled off echo chamber, but looking smart when the other person can actually respond is a wee bit more of a challenge. Dissenting opinions are greatly frowned upon over yonder, and nobody from here would even be allowed to be addressed by a front door greeter guide, but no such conditions exist here. I'll treat you with the respect that you deserve, even if the courtesy is not returned.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2022), Aragorn (24th February 2022), Dreamtimer (24th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    By the way [...]

• How much freedom of speech is there at Project Avalon if I am privately being told by common members between both forums that they can't thank any posts about Project Avalon over here at The One Truth for fear of getting banned over there? (In my dictionary, the word "freedom" has an entirely different meaning, but your mileage may vary.)

Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    I just wanted to chime in, being a member of both sites... I stopped clicking "Thanks" on most everything I read for one reason only... And that was because the perception of most, is that if you click "Thanks", that it means that you agree with the post...

I posted prior that I clicked "Thanks" on all the thread posts I read, as a means of thanking those participating in discussions for their input, whether I agreed with them or not... And I stand by that statement.. More recently, I have been reading posts that I do not necessarily agree with, and rather than clicking thanks, I just moved on.. Not to please any master, or to promote my own image but merely because I do not want to get caught up in any drama.

I have friends at both sites, and I wish to keep it that way...
    I rest my case, Your Honor. But for the record, it wasn't Silly Wabbit who told me privately that she's afraid of clicking the Thanks button on my posts. It was other people — more than one, yes.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2022), Dreamtimer (24th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2022), Fred Steeves (24th February 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    So is ad hominem, when someone is not there to defend themself, A-OK? I'm pretty sure the transgressions of one don't justify the other's.

I'm referring to the name used for Fred by Strat.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2022), Aragorn (24th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2022), Fred Steeves (24th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    So is ad hominem, when someone is not there to defend themself, A-OK? I'm pretty sure the transgressions of one don't justify the other's.

I'm referring to the name used for Fred by Strat.
    I'm not sure anymore who came up with the name "Gred". I do have a few candidates in mind, but given that I have now been banned from PA, I cannot go back and read through that thread anymore — not that I would want to, because it was just plain horrible. However, what I do remember is that it didn't take all too long before all of the usual bigmouths were using it, including "sweet, sensitive" Masha.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2022), Dreamtimer (24th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2022), Fred Steeves (24th February 2022)

Thanks
    Is that part of the 'do it in the open and proudly and it's not wrong' mentality? "Everybody does it." It seems like a title, Gred the Liar. Has someone made a card yet? Maybe they're working on a whole deck over there.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 24th February 2022 at 19:49.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2022), Aragorn (24th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2022), Fred Steeves (24th February 2022)

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Is that part of the 'do it in the open and proudly and it's not wrong' mentality? "Everybody does it." It seems like a title, Gred the Liar. Has someone made a card yet? Maybe they're working on a whole deck over there.
    It’s kind of cute isn’t it? The crime of the century turned so egregious, to where his name shall never again be spoken, except in a jesting version of it. It seems rather petty to me, using “Gred” instead of Fred, but I still hold too much basic respect for most of the members over there to resort to that.

Now the leader of the pack is a different story, after seeing the way he flipped on a dime from “Shakespearean Tragedy” to “manipulative sociopath”, and instigated a good old fashioned lynch mob/witch hunt, my respect level finally bottomed out at a good even zero.

So in that particular case I’ll be joining in the fun as of my last post, and dear leader is now either “Nill”, or “Nill the Narcissist”.

LOL here’s lookin at ya Nill.

Sincerely,

Gred

Socrates

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2022), Aragorn (24th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    How do you feel Bill will feel about Nill, Fred ?.

Sorta is a way to stop the stupidity imo, from both sides.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022), Fred Steeves (24th February 2022)

Thanks
    The epic of Gred and Nill. The next great Trilly.

Strange times.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022), Fred Steeves (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    How do you feel Bill will feel about Nill, Fred ?.

Sorta is a way to stop the stupidity imo, from both sides.
    That's a good point Vern, but at this stage I don't care what Nill may feel about his new name, being that his crimes are so high his birth given name can never again be uttered.

What respect I have left is now aimed toward any given member who may desire to leave the echo chamber, just long enough mind you, to see what the battlefield of ideas is really like when "the others" can actually answer back.

Socrates

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (25th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    Nill is a Coward you say ?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022), Fred Steeves (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    Nill is a Coward you say ?
    Well there's a certain sense of overall safety and well being, that comes from only posting one's thoughts and ideas where they're sure to garner applause from inside of a well constructed safe echo chamber, where pushback is almost guaranteed to be next to non existent.

Socrates

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (25th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    Mmmm remember knowing i was on the chopping block and felt a couple of long serving members distance themselves, lol kept turning the cheek, sensed i was not playing the usual division and or game and emailed me testing imo and then being put finalllly in a hopeless position, then the word, that harsh word, nasty n vile even, arrived, yip it hurt a wee bit but i got to experience what members here said may happen or had happened to them. I look at his good side though, the vids he did early on, the anchoring of an alternative site, data there available then and now and a few other goodie points like having a Q thread to discuss hoax or nots.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022), Fred Steeves (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Mmmm remember knowing i was on the chopping block and felt a couple of long serving members distance themselves, lol kept turning the cheek, sensed i was not playing the usual division and or game and emailed me testing imo and then being put finalllly in a hopeless position, then the word, that harsh word, nasty n vile even, arrived, yip it hurt a wee bit but i got to experience what members here said may happen or had happened to them. I look at his good side though, the vids he did early on, the anchoring of an alternative site, data there available then and now and a few other goodie points like having a Q thread to discuss hoax or nots.
    Hi Aianawa,

yeah, I agree with you, the tiger thing was a big hook for me, but it was all empty. I didn't realize it until I actually joined PA. And then it hit me like a slap in the face. I was truly shocked by what I encountered. It was a short-lived fantasy trip.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (25th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    My mom used to say, "Take the full measure of a man," so the good and the bad. This was when she was having great difficulties with my father. For my father, the good outweighed the bad.

Is this the case with Bill? Considering the record, all the insiders who weren't, the bans, the disappeared or hidden threads, the coddling of folks like Goode and iota, it's not looking like the full measure is very good.

But I do not know the ratio of those he's helped versus those he's harmed.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (25th February 2022), Fred Steeves (25th February 2022)

Thanks
    Oh, i didnt, dont know DT, can you share ?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th February 2022), Dreamtimer (26th February 2022), Fred Steeves (25th February 2022)