Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Left In America

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Ah right, thank you. I listened to one long interview with her back when her book came out, and haven't paid much attention since, so got it a bit confused over time. I'll be giving that interview a listen.

Well it remains to be seen exactly what he'd do with it, but I'd be surprised if it rapidly devolved even further just because of him. What I continue to notice is that both left and right are champions of free speech, so long as it's on their terms, but we shall see.
    Well, I'm for justice so as I see it, free speech is good when it's free and bad when it ain't. It is up to us to discern that crossing point.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th May 2022), Fred Steeves (24th May 2022), Wind (24th May 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    When we were adults here in America we understood that speech isn't unlimited. You don't have the right to slander, you don't have the right to literally or figuratively yell fire in a theater, you don't have the right to just say whatever whenever. That's not freedom. That's childish and irresponsible.

The town square was a forum and people would gather to speak and listen. Native tribes had the talking stick and you listened out of respect until it was your turn.

But we're children now and so we yell at the President when he gives his State of the Union and we pretend that we can say whatever we want whenever we want and Johhny did it first!

Texas Paul has a good delivery and stays on point. I'll find a couple more from him.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (24th May 2022), Fred Steeves (26th May 2022), Wind (24th May 2022)

Thanks
    Elon is making statements about moral decisions regarding Twitter, as if he's an arbiter of morality. He's seeking a legal team and asking for bullet point answers about potential legal issues. (nice way to get free legal strategy) His proposal states that if he doesn't think a legal case against him is 'just' he'll never give up. But he'll 'never seek victory' in an 'unjust case'. What a bunch of gargle-bargle. As soon as you're employing lawyers you're fighting the fight to the end, just or not.

He's up on his high horse being the richest man in the world. He has his 'get away with it' ticket with all his money. He gives a shit about one thing, Elon Musk.

I wouldn't trust a platform where he's behind the scenes calling the shots. And he's already demonstrating that he's another child, proud of his 'Elongate' controversy. He gets to talk about his willy after all. And then he pretends it's some kind of political witch hunt for the media to report on his harassment, rubbing himself on a woman and exposing himself.

Why should he care? He's got his 'get away with it' ticket. He can do whatever he wants.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2022), Fred Steeves (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Any truth to this picture?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th May 2022), Dreamtimer (26th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2022), Fred Steeves (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    Well, the fascist train chugged out of the station in 1980.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Any truth to this picture?

Hmmmmm... So I get the general chronology on the Right side, and I find it fairly accurate to a point, but even though they are pulling away fast I think they're overdoing it for 2022. They may well get there but they're not there yet.

The Left is a different story. I'd put them around 1 click right of center 2008, 2 clicks right of center 2016, and 4 clicks right of center 2022. They just can't keep up with the competition. Where the artist sees the big Leftward lunge is beyond me.

I don't really care where Elon is in all of this. He's obviously Right leaning, but for a guy of his supreme intelligence he only pretends to be in the loop of modern US politics, but other than that, I find it irrelevant where he stands on that ever shifting landscape. Keep doing a good job with your inventions, and at least don't do a worse job at running Twitter (if it actually winds up happening) than Jack did.

Oh, and keep your pecker in your pants when it's not wanted...

Asshole...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th May 2022), Dreamtimer (26th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th May 2022), Lord Sidious (26th May 2022), Wind (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    Here's Texas Paul on the BS that was the Sussman investigation. And the media's more than sucky coverage.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-b7sndD_ZY

For those who wish to know the gory details of the epic lies coming from Durham, you can read Marcy Wheeler's extensive analysis. "There was no crime predicating the investigation." Meaning that it was a bunch of BS which wasted money, time, and more lies coming from Barr and the Trump administration.

More BS about Hillary. Because she's a straw man and a distraction.

Marcy also did an interview with Nicole Sander. You can listen here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2022)

Thanks
    MSM on the reality-leaning side rarely report on stories that they know are bs. It is the way they roll.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (2nd June 2022)

Thanks
    So here we are, with teachers needing to buy gunshot wound trauma kits for their classrooms because the Republicans want more guns, more cops, more doors that shooters can barricade behind, and no funding for actual teachers who now need battlefield kits for their classrooms.

And when was it that the guns were going to be taken away? Because throughout my entire life they've been more numerous and much easier to get. The empty arguments have become excuses for more death.

More deaths of children, grandmas and grandpas, worshippers, shoppers, just regular people. Because everyone knows that if you accentuate the problem and bring more dangerous materials into an arena things will be much safer for everyone. Right?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2022)

Thanks
    So now Tucker is admitting that Russia helped Trump and projecting vengeance out onto Biden.

"The White House is doing all it can to keep fuel prices high. Biden has just pushed the EU to stop buying Russian oil. It’s payback for getting Trump elected."
    The projection from Republicans is very educational. And it involves a great deal of vengeance, which is extra concerning considering their penchant for making stuff up out of whole cloth.

"Our society is going to hell!! Potato Head! Seuss! M&Ms! Ahhhhhhh. Democrats are Demons!" And then someone goes out and gets a gun to make America great again. It's really sick.

The pushing of a vengeance mentality is incredibly unhealthy. But it's all they got.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (5th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    So now Tucker is admitting that Russia helped Trump and projecting vengeance out onto Biden.

The projection from Republicans is very educational. And it involves a great deal of vengeance, which is extra concerning considering their penchant for making stuff up out of whole cloth.

"Our society is going to hell!! Potato Head! Seuss! M&Ms! Ahhhhhhh. Democrats are Demons!" And then someone goes out and gets a gun to make America great again. It's really sick.

The pushing of a vengeance mentality is incredibly unhealthy. But it's all they got.
    There is something very very wrong with those people.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

Do you have a link for Tucker saying that DT?

Now this thread seems to be turning into just another venue to spit venom at the right and republicans at every opportunity, and that wasn't at all the intention. The intention was to have just one thread on this forum where focus could actually be on the left. The good, the bad, and the ugly of it.

I've already been pointing out that the left in the US could win every national election in a landslide, if they could possibly drag themselves out of the culture war mosh pit and actually start offering offering solutions that would improve people's lives, but they will not do it. People reward politicians that improve their quality of life, and that's why Roosevelt was awarded a fourth term in office.

But as evidenced here (as above so below), the left in this country seeks only to continue it's cat fight with the right in the roundy round demonization game. Constantly demonizing "the others" is no way to win their vote, and it's helping perpetuate the great divide..
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (6th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (5th June 2022), Wind (6th June 2022)

Thanks
    Do you have a link for Tucker saying that DT?

Now this thread seems to be turning into just another venue to spit venom at the right and republicans at every opportunity, and that wasn't at all the intention. The intention was to have just one thread on this forum where focus could actually be on the left. The good, the bad, and the ugly of it.

I've already been pointing out that the left in the US could win every national election in a landslide, if they could possibly drag themselves out of the culture war mosh pit and actually start offering offering solutions that would improve people's lives, but they will not do it. People reward politicians that improve their quality of life, and that's why Roosevelt was awarded a fourth term in office.

But as evidenced here (as above so below), the left in this country seeks only to continue it's cat fight with the right in the roundy round demonization game. Constantly demonizing "the others" is no way to win their vote, and it's helping perpetuate the great divide..
    Fred, c'mon you haven't noticed that the left has been trying to do just that for years, but the right always blocks them with propaganda (fueled by money), outright lies, and votes that result after the first two. Seriously, that's the straight 411. The people that support the right have lost ground in clear thinking thanks to the massive propaganda machine that the right has. Murdoch, Koch, it's a long list ... we might as well include Elon what's his name, a multitude of lesser players like pillow man, and now the white supremacists and fascists have found their moment to throw their weight into the mix, it's the new world order playbook and it doesn't include plays for little people, Jews, brown or black people, and non-authoritarian non-fascists. And the rank-and-file are right in lock step thanks to Fox News and all the perverted right-wing alternate media heroes and there are plenty that play leftist to pull in the really stupid people. They have all the bases covered and you and I are intended to be either slaves or dead.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (6th June 2022)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Daily Kos has been held up here as the poster child for how wonderfully enlightened the American left is, and the alternative community is duly invited to go find all the wonderful ideas and issues the outlet stands and fights for.

Apparently the "Herman Cain Award" is big on the left, so first off this is what it is:

Well okay, so apparently trendy lefties like to go on Reddit, and amuse themselves by handing out "Herman Cain Awards" to "those stupid right wing anti vaxxers who got exactly what was coming to them".

That then leads into our invitation to check out Daily Kos, so I started out by checking out their "Coronavirus" link to where they're at on the subject, here's the link:
    https://www.dailykos.com/tags/Coronavirus

I would have expected the supposedly big hearted, issues driven lefties there to be beyond the throwing of spit balls at "stupid righties", and try and find some common ground to muddle through problems together, or at least stand and fight for your own ideas on problem solving. But nope, a lot of what you'll find there is just basically more kids throwing spit balls, passing out "Herman Cain Awards".

Here's three typical examples:
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ut-supplements

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...r-s-final-rant

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-be-a-finalist

I could certainly follow along with them if they really were issue oriented, and demonstrating that they are out there fighting for Average Joes like me, but that's not what they're really about. Their coronavirus slogan may as well be "when an anti vaxxer gets sick, we'll point it out and we'll all have a good scoff at them".

Sooooo, what about "Herman Cain Awards" am I supposed to be enthralled with? All I see there is more meanness and division, and I'm not down with that. Not everything boils down to evil right wing and racism, the left needs to cut it with that shit and start championing for some real issues to get my attention. But that will take some self reflection, which will never happen with the finger of guilt and shame always pointed the other way.

That goddess for comedy. I know Jimmy Dorr isn't very welcome here because his mission as a traditional lefty is to take the left to task and make it better, but this little two minute skit is spot on with the obsessive labeling of everything we don't like these days:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U6Z7nCborE

As an aside: I had to walk on eggshells in pointing the mirror at the authoritarian Alt Right prevailing mentality over at The Project, it's nice to just be free over here and let 'er fly with that mirror towards the authoritarian left mentality. And yes, the left can be authoritarian as well. Shutting people down is authoritarian, what Trudeau is doing right now up in Canada in labeling protesters Nazi terrorists and freezing their bank accounts is authoritarian, and what do you think those never ending hard core lockdowns were all about.

When people are not free to move about and do their business, that's not freedom. It may not go as far as wet dreams about frog marching people off to Gitmo or dividing us up according to who are "Purebloods" or not, but they're both in the same authoritarian ballpark. It always goes back to "when my side does it it's okay, and when your side does it it's the worst thing in the world".
    Others have been handing out Herman Cain awards at a tenfold pace to all those who are dying prematurely and who were vaxxxed.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (6th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chester View Post
    Others have been handing out Herman Cain awards at a tenfold pace to all those who are dying prematurely and who were vaxxxed.
    And who are the others? The confused righties that get so caught up in the plethora of conspiracy theories that they just mentally shut down, throw their hands up in the air and reiterate, "yeah, what he said!"