Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Left In America

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm not defending 'this', Fred. It's not a culture. That's a statement of observation. And the culture reacted to what happened with Bernie with progressives and the left basically hating the DNC. Whether it's the majority report, young turks, rational national, secular talk, dollemore, packman, makes no difference. They're all left and progressive and none of them like or extoll or praise the DNC. And a lot of that has to do with Bernie.

Do you actually pay any attention to any of them, Fred? No one on the left likes the DNC. It's not a popular entity. It doesn't get invited to the good parties.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Fred Steeves (27th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    In a lot of cases. the ''left'' is actually centrist as the political spectrum has been pushed to the right
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Dreamtimer (27th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (27th March 2022), Fred Steeves (27th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    In a lot of cases. the ''left'' is actually centrist as the political spectrum has been pushed to the right
    Amen to that, Mr the Sid
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Dreamtimer (27th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Amen to that, Mr the Sid
    You know that ''amen'' means ''make it so'', don't you?
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Aragorn (30th March 2022), Dreamtimer (27th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (27th March 2022)

Thanks
    I haven't really considered it like that, but it already is so ... it was a factual statement that you made. It's the proper perspective to start unraveling the incoherence.

the other consideration is that the right has careened right and created a huge polarity gap.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Dreamtimer (27th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I'm not defending 'this', Fred. It's not a culture. That's a statement of observation. And the culture reacted to what happened with Bernie with progressives and the left basically hating the DNC.
    It's a culture of corruption DT. By formerly describing it as "very weak" and "has no influence", that's defacto defending it by saying it can't do anything like influencing who gets the nomination.

The vast majority of D's in this country either have conveniently short memories, or flat out don't care how candidates are either propped up or torn down according to the establishments wants and needs, only that the R's are defeated in the end.

Whether it's the majority report, young turks, rational national, secular talk, dollemore, packman, makes no difference. They're all left and progressive and none of them like or extoll or praise the DNC. And a lot of that has to do with Bernie.

Do you actually pay any attention to any of them, Fred?
    Do I need to lay out my viewing credentials in order to credibly dissect or critique America's left?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Aragorn (30th March 2022), Dreamtimer (27th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    My question was mostly rhetorical, Fred. No need to vet what you read/listen to. The culture of corruption is in the corporate world which got massive tax cuts recently. They're running the show when it comes to corruption. The DNC and RNC are failing entities, both of them.

So Picard was saying amen when giving commands. Interesting.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Aragorn (30th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (27th March 2022), Fred Steeves (27th March 2022)

Thanks
    So Picard was saying amen when giving commands. Interesting.
    Until he was attempting to assimilate earl grey, hot.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Aragorn (30th March 2022), Dreamtimer (28th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th March 2022), Fred Steeves (28th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Thousands of Americans now reject the American experiment and are actively trying to tear the country apart. White nationalists have infiltrated just about every community, seriously armed, and can be found in towns and cities across the United Stares.

Marianne discusses all of this with author Stephen Marche who details the problems we face in his frightening new book, “The Next Civil War: Dispatches from the American Future.”

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMRgfZxhcko

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Aragorn (30th March 2022), Dreamtimer (28th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th March 2022), Fred Steeves (28th March 2022)

Thanks
    As I want to bring balance to the discussion, there's this another side too. The question is though, is Antifa anywhere near to be considered a threat like dangerous organized white nationalists? I really think not. I haven't watched this video yet though.

In this episode, I discuss Andy’s experiences with Antifa, race riots, autonomous zones, and the ‘summer of love’ in Seattle. We also exchanged thoughts on the psychology of mob violence, journalistic integrity, dealing with criticism, using people for political ends, attempts to destabilize the police, and lots more.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_UjbQSf2w

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Aragorn (30th March 2022), Dreamtimer (29th March 2022), Fred Steeves (28th March 2022), PurpleLama (29th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Marianne
    the problem with this whole concept is the same logistical and economic problem that Putinia is currently having. If Texas wanted to secede, I would be kind of happy about it. I would just go back to my favorite state... New Mexico.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Dreamtimer (29th March 2022), Wind (28th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    By "pushed to the right" do you mean neocon warhawks?
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Dreamtimer (30th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (29th March 2022), Fred Steeves (30th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    By "pushed to the right" do you mean neocon warhawks?
    They are a symptom
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2022), Aragorn (30th March 2022), Dreamtimer (30th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (29th March 2022), Fred Steeves (30th March 2022), PurpleLama (29th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Thousands of Americans now reject the American experiment and are actively trying to tear the country apart. White nationalists have infiltrated just about every community, seriously armed, and can be found in towns and cities across the United Stares.
    Marianne discusses all of this with author Stephen Marche who details the problems we face in his frightening new book, “The Next Civil War: Dispatches from the American Future.”

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMRgfZxhcko

As I want to bring balance to the discussion, there's this another side too. The question is though, is Antifa anywhere near to be considered a threat like dangerous organized white nationalists? I really think not. I haven't watched this video yet though.

In this episode, I discuss Andy’s experiences with Antifa, race riots, autonomous zones, and the ‘summer of love’ in Seattle. We also exchanged thoughts on the psychology of mob violence, journalistic integrity, dealing with criticism, using people for political ends, attempts to destabilize the police, and lots more.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_UjbQSf2w
    Two pretty good interviews concerning the opposite extreme elements of US society there Wind, I listened to them both, and these are my opinions only:

So this sort of leaves the political aspect of these opposing sides, and literally takes it to the streets. I don't think there's any question that the far Right is more organized, they're armed to the teeth, and they stand ready for the shit to go down. As was noted some actually look forward to it, while a relative few wouldn't mind aiding in hurrying it along. They're leaving the cities and own the vast rural areas.

The far Left doesn't even compare in that capacity. It's almost like comparing apples and oranges, they have very little organization but they pretty much own the cities in a very loose sort of way, and they could whip up enough anger and malcontent to have them burning in the right circumstance.

I find it interesting that both the Right and the Left like to seriously downplay their respective dark sides, whether it be at this street level, or in defending their respective shitty politicians making shitty decisions.

It goes something like this: I was visiting a neighbor over at his place one day, and we were talking some basic history over a couple of drinks, he was obviously very pro old west pioneer, but also had a soft spot for what they did to the Indians. I finally asked him if he lived back in that day would he fight alongside his fellow pioneers with the knowledge he now has looking back, or would he try to propose a different way, and his answer was an emphatic "oh I'd fight fight right along side 'em!"

I was kind of taken aback by the enthusiasm, and when I carefully pressed further given his previous sympathies as to why, the answer was clear and simple: "I'd fight along side 'em because their my people, and the Indians aren't, you stick with your own".

So that was pretty telling for me, and I knew it was time to change the subject, but I see a lot of parallels in today's modern landscape. You stick with you own.

Back to our subject. It's hard to really see any way out of this mess. The teams are set and they stick with their own, no middle ground whether in politics, on the streets, or out in the countryside. People keep talking civil war, and it's most certainly in the air, but as the interviewer asks toward the end of the first interview "what does that war look like, and who shoots who when and where?"

I don't know that's a darn good question. I'm still hoping that can be headed off with some of the more brave from each side daring to sit down and do some smoking of the ole peace pipe with "The Other", but the way things stand now there's no sign of it. This would entail some hard questioning and critique of some of their own and that, ain't happenin.

So we're still stuck with:

Us vs. Them, Left vs. Right, Good Guys vs. Bad Guys, Cowboys vs Indians.

The song remains the same...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th March 2022), Dreamtimer (30th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (30th March 2022), Lord Sidious (30th March 2022), PurpleLama (30th March 2022), Wind (30th March 2022)

Thanks
    Communication, listening and finding common ground, those are the key elements for having solidarity.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4kH0g-Aqc

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (6th April 2022)