Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Left In America

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    His campaign slogan for 2024?

High gas prices are here to stay, and it's all Russia's fault.
    Queen, president or whatever.

“Alice laughed. 'There's no use trying,' she said. 'One can't believe impossible things.'

'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

― Lewis Carroll
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st July 2022), Aragorn (1st July 2022), Wind (1st July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Queen, president or whatever.

“Alice laughed. 'There's no use trying,' she said. 'One can't believe impossible things.'

'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

― Lewis Carroll
    I can give you a couple of eggysamples of such people. As the matter of fact, I can provide you with a link to where you can find a whole basket of them.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st July 2022), Fred Steeves (1st July 2022), modwiz (2nd July 2022), Wind (1st July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,089 Times in 2,652 Posts
    His campaign slogan for 2024?

High gas prices are here to stay, and it's all Russia's fault.
    And following up. To make sure it's clear what's at stake here, Biden sends his Blackrock Wall Street spokesman out to explain further that it's our responsibility to keep paying these high gas prices, to ensure continuation of "The Liberal World Order".

Hmmm...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd July 2022), Aragorn (2nd July 2022), Wind (2nd July 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    While Joe Rogan, Kim Kardashian, and other very wealthy folks are talking about how Americans don't want to 'go back to work', Biden has the best jobs numbers by a landslide.

I believe this chart is quite misleading.... considering nearly the entire workforce of America, stopped working at some point, during the Covid lockdowns... PRIOR to Biden taking office.... Many went on unemployment, and had to return back to some form of work when those benefits ran out... Of course it would then appear as if Biden is some hero "Getting people back to work".... as such, It is a tainted tally...

When there is few to little working, and suddenly they all go back, or change jobs, of course it would appear that unemployment rates drop...

Many businesses in my area, sold when closed due to Covid... Some took bailout cash or stimulus offered for their hardships during Covid, and just locked up shop and walked away... Leaving their employees looking for work elsewhere... Many moved out of California, so yes, California is facing a worker shortage...
    Last edited by Silly Wabbit, 4th July 2022 at 01:55.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th July 2022), Aragorn (4th July 2022), Fred Steeves (4th July 2022), Wind (4th July 2022)

Thanks
    So here's the man of the hour George Galloway, long described as a "man of the left", talking to Glenn Greenwald about why he's all but divorcing himself from that term any more. "The Left" these days, is being misconstrued with "Liberal", and today's "Liberal", is anything but "Left".

And this is just me, but today's "Liberal", is just as capable of going all out tyrant as the MAGA Right - they would just go about doing it in different ways. LOL today's liberal, would destroy personal freedoms under a rainbow flag, and lip service to equal rights even as they shut "undesirables", out of "polite" society.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 9th March 2024 at 13:18.

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2024), Gio (9th March 2024), Octopus Garden (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    "The Left" these days, is being misconstrued with "Liberal", and today's "Liberal", is anything but "Left".

And this is just me, but today's "Liberal", is just as capable of going all out tyrant as the MAGA Right - they would just go about doing it in different ways. LOL today's liberal, would destroy personal freedoms under a rainbow flag, and lip service to equal rights even as they shut "undesirables", out of "polite" society.
    100% agreed. It's the exact same thing over here in Belgium, and I presume in the rest of Western Europe as well. Concretely here in Belgium — and especially down here in the Flanders — every single political party is authoritarian and approaching tyrannical due to the cross-party zero-tolerance policy, but — as you say — they go about it in different ways. The so-called "left" is Chinese-style oppressive, and the right is Nazi-style oppressive.

Now, the system has always been corrupted, but the alignment of our local supposed left-wing with the US American liberal agenda has been going on for about two decades now, and is now also virtually complete. Europe is both culturally and politically being Americanized. At the college and university level, we've even already changed our educational degrees and their pertinent diplomas to match those of the USA, including the (now English) titles, such as "bachelor" and "master". Hell, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we were to end up dropping the metric system one day.

Anyway, we've got elections coming up again in June of this year — for both the federal and European levels — and unfortunately, we have compulsory voting, so there's no way out from underneath, but I'm just going to be casting a so-called "invalid" vote again, as I've always been doing ever since I left politics behind me in 2010. None of these people represent myself or my ideals, and none of them give a damn about my needs and interests. They're only in it for themselves, their careers, and their very royal legal and extralegal perks, including exuberant wages, bonuses and pension arrangements, of which half is exempt from taxes in all cases. And apart from their egos, the only things they are loyal to are their political party — party structures are very rigid and parochial over here — and Uncle Sam's idea of how the world should be run.

Sorry for dragging this thread onto the subject of European politics, but there's an obvious relationship here between the Empire's globalist policies and those of Europe — in a master-and-servant kind of way — and I felt that I needed to point that out, given that your description of the phenomenon over there matches my experience of the phenomenon over here.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (9th March 2024), Fred Steeves (9th March 2024), Gio (9th March 2024), Octopus Garden (9th March 2024), Wind (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,167 Times in 11,949 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    100% agreed. It's the exact same thing over here in Belgium, and I presume in the rest of Western Europe as well. Concretely here in Belgium — and especially down here in the Flanders — every single political party is authoritarian and approaching tyrannical due to the cross-party zero-tolerance policy, but — as you say — they go about it in different ways. The so-called "left" is Chinese-style oppressive, and the right is Nazi-style oppressive.

Now, the system has always been corrupted, but the alignment of our local supposed left-wing with the US American liberal agenda has been going on for about two decades now, and is now also virtually complete. Europe is both culturally and politically being Americanized. At the college and university level, we've even already changed our educational degrees and their pertinent diplomas to match those of the USA, including the (now English) titles, such as "bachelor" and "master". Hell, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we were to end up dropping the metric system one day.

Anyway, we've got elections coming up again in June of this year — for both the federal and European levels — and unfortunately, we have compulsory voting, so there's no way out from underneath, but I'm just going to be casting a so-called "invalid" vote again, as I've always been doing ever since I left politics behind me in 2010. None of these people represent myself or my ideals, and none of them give a damn about my needs and interests. They're only in it for themselves, their careers, and their very royal legal and extralegal perks, including exuberant wages, bonuses and pension arrangements, of which half is exempt from taxes in all cases. And apart from their egos, the only things they are loyal to are their political party — party structures are very rigid and parochial over here — and Uncle Sam's idea of how the world should be run.

Sorry for dragging this thread onto the subject of European politics, but there's an obvious relationship here between the Empire's globalist policies and those of Europe — in a master-and-servant kind of way — and I felt that I needed to point that out, given that your description of the phenomenon over there matches my experience of the phenomenon over here.
    Ok...So the way I see it, you two know the who, where, what, when, and even the how, BUT, what is your answer as to the why? I've been supplying that now for gawd I'm starting to lose count of years.

Peace and brotherhood my friends!

p.s. Here's a quick hint! The stage of growth (life) that one is in has a quite tempering effect on belief in dreams...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 9th March 2024 at 14:18.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Emil El Zapato View Post

Ok...So the way I see it, you two know the who, where, what, when, and even the how, BUT, what is your answer as to the why? I've been supplying that now for gawd I'm starting to lose count of years.

Peace and brotherhood my friends!
    No, that's where you're wrong, and that's what I have been telling you for years now.

If the so-called left in the US of A really cared about global peace and harmony, then they wouldn't have been infiltrating and invading sovereign nations and overthrowing their democratically elected regimes for decades, and then they wouldn't be training right-wing dictators, nor would they be logistically supporting right-wing and genocidal regimes all over the world.

What the so-called US left-wing wants is global dominance, and converting the whole world into the corporatist/capitalist/consumerist culture that America itself is, with a hopelessly outdated measurements system and culturally retarded regions because more money is being spent on new gizmos for the military than on proper education. The US Empire is a narcissistic rapist, and the only difference between the alleged left in America and the right is that the former has a smile on his face and tells you that everything is going to be alright while shoving his dick up your ass, while the right simply jumps you, pins you down and doesn't make any excuses for doing the exact same thing.

I apologize for being so graphical, but that's exactly as I see it.

p.s. Here's a quick hint! The stage of growth (life) that one is in has a quite tempering effect on belief in dreams...
    Oh, but on that I will agree. There is no remedy as effective for curing one's delusions of a better future than growing older. At four weeks shy of turning 61 years old, I will wholeheartedly agree with that.

Curmudgeons are not born, they are bred, and I am sorry to say that I have begun finding myself highly qualified for the moniker by now.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (9th March 2024), Wind (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    No, that's where you're wrong, and that's what I have been telling you for years now.

If the so-called left in the US of A really cared about global peace and harmony, then they wouldn't have been infiltrating and invading sovereign nations and overthrowing their democratically elected regimes for decades, and then they wouldn't be training right-wing dictators, nor would they be logistically supporting right-wing and genocidal regimes all over the world.

What the so-called US left-wing wants is global dominance, and converting the whole world into the corporatist/capitalist/consumerist culture that America itself is, with a hopelessly outdated measurements system and culturally retarded regions because more money is being spent on new gizmos for the military than on proper education. The US Empire is a narcissistic rapist, and the only difference between the alleged left in America and the right is that the former has a smile on his face and tells you that everything is going to be alright while shoving his dick up your ass, while the right simply jumps you, pins you down and doesn't make any excuses for doing the exact same thing.

I apologize for being so graphical, but that's exactly as I see it.

Oh, but on that I will agree. There is no remedy as effective for curing one's delusions of a better future than growing older. At four weeks shy of turning 61 years old, I will wholeheartedly agree with that.

Curmudgeons are not born, they are bred, and I am sorry to say that I have begun finding myself highly qualified for the moniker by now.
    Fair enough then ...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2024), Gio (9th March 2024), Wind (9th March 2024)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    On X, the more gender descriptors, pronouns, the less likely the poster is to be concerned about Gazan genocide. If there is a blue wave icon in their bio, I delete them. They are insular, self congratulatory and politically retarded, imo.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2024), Emil El Zapato (9th March 2024), Gio (9th March 2024), Wind (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 7,282 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    On X, the more gender descriptors, pronouns, the less likely the poster is to be concerned about Gazan genocide.
    That's strange, you'd think the loudest social justice advocates would be jumping on that bandwagon too.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2024), Emil El Zapato (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    The so-called "left" is Chinese-style oppressive, and the right is Nazi-style oppressive.
    This may be a bit nitpicky, but I'm not even so sure how oppressive China really is. I mean maybe it is for Liberal minded, Western sensibilities, but from what I gather (and this is not a hill I'm prepared to die on btw) people of Asia in general have a different outlook on that, they don't see it the way we do.

I think people of China in general are happy seeing themselves dragged out of poverty, rapidly becoming prosperous, and proud of who they're becoming on the world stage. That, and they don't so much mind falling into line so to speak.

No no I'm glad you did, it's important to hear different perspectives from different vantage points. I'm looking at it from deep within the belly of the beast, and you're looking at it as part of one of our satellite vassal states. This must be changing rather rapidly, like many things these days, because I've understood it that the politics of Western Europe in general are much more to the Left (not liberal) than here in the States. As in for example Bernie Sanders (before he ruined this reputation) being seen as almost radical left here, but would fit in with you guys somewhere more in the vicinity of a centrist.

So all this sort of leads me to the point where as George Galloway pointed out, in that he doesn't even so much care to referred to as "a man of the left" any more. Almost as if these terms are losing much of their meaning amid these swirling winds of change. More important maybe just being what do you stand for, and lose the fucking labels.

And our politicians these days, there's a reason the term "uniparty" is being bandied about. When where you stand is more under the banner of neoliberal than anything else, it doesn't so much matter which side of the proverbial aisle you sit on. It's about ensuring success of Wall Street/big corporations/banks - privatization, the almighty dollar, spreading democracy (liberal hegemony) far and wide, leaving the "working man" to the dustbin of history.

This is end stage capitalism we're experiencing, wringing out every last little ounce of profit from every corner of the economy and damn the consequences, get it while the gettins good and "Let Them Eat Cake".

Democrat/republican, they couldn't care less about labels at the higher levels, labels are more just for us little people any more. Much of the time used to keep us divided and squabbling amongst ourselves.

Ben Norton of "Geopolitical Economy Report" is one smart cookie, and he explains "neoliberal" very well in this presentation. Ronald Reagan being the godfather of neoliberalism:

Socrates

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2024), Wind (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    That's strange, you'd think the loudest social justice advocates would be jumping on that bandwagon too.
    My observation has been ... all 'wokesters' have their 'true' cause...For some it is genocide, for others, it is a friend or relative committed suicide or was murdered because of 'sexual difference'. Us pepos have a limited supply of empathy and compassion.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 7,282 Posts
    Us pepos have a limited supply of empathy and compassion.
    Some have, others have more. If I have compassion only for "my group" then of what use it is if it benefits only them?

It's a very conditional kind of compassion and empathy. Even murderous criminals can have love for their own family.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2024), Emil El Zapato (9th March 2024)

Thanks
    This may be a bit nitpicky, but I'm not even so sure how oppressive China really is. I mean maybe it is for Liberal minded, Western sensibilities, but from what I gather (and this is not a hill I'm prepared to die on btw) people of Asia in general have a different outlook on that, they don't see it the way we do.

I think people of China in general are happy seeing themselves dragged out of poverty, rapidly becoming prosperous, and proud of who they're becoming on the world stage. That, and they don't so much mind falling into line so to speak.

No no I'm glad you did, it's important to hear different perspectives from different vantage points. I'm looking at it from deep within the belly of the beast, and you're looking at it as part of one of our satellite vassal states. This must be changing rather rapidly, like many things these days, because I've understood it that the politics of Western Europe in general are much more to the Left (not liberal) than here in the States. As in for example Bernie Sanders (before he ruined this reputation) being seen as almost radical left here, but would fit in with you guys somewhere more in the vicinity of a centrist.

So all this sort of leads me to the point where as George Galloway pointed out, in that he doesn't even so much care to referred to as "a man of the left" any more. Almost as if these terms are losing much of their meaning amid these swirling winds of change. More important maybe just being what do you stand for, and lose the fucking labels.

And our politicians these days, there's a reason the term "uniparty" is being bandied about. When where you stand is more under the banner of neoliberal than anything else, it doesn't so much matter which side of the proverbial aisle you sit on. It's about ensuring success of Wall Street/big corporations/banks - privatization, the almighty dollar, spreading democracy (liberal hegemony) far and wide, leaving the "working man" to the dustbin of history.

This is end stage capitalism we're experiencing, wringing out every last little ounce of profit from every corner of the economy and damn the consequences, get it while the gettins good and "Let Them Eat Cake".

Democrat/republican, they couldn't care less about labels at the higher levels, labels are more just for us little people any more. Much of the time used to keep us divided and squabbling amongst ourselves.

Ben Norton of "Geopolitical Economy Report" is one smart cookie, and he explains "neoliberal" very well in this presentation. Ronald Reagan being the godfather of neoliberalism:
    You are correct about Chinese, I have been working in an Asian environment for the last 4 months. The thing that chaps my hide is they believe the bullshit that the European zeitgeist says about them. Technical geniuses. Surprise, Surprise, they aren't but because Europeans score lower in head tests, the Euro-Anglos created this meme to compartmentalize the pain of it all. Truth is, South Asians are the truly technically hyperefficient. A fine but lacking accoutrement they do not possess an ounce of a sense of teamwork save for their own kind.

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Some have, others have more. If I have compassion only for "my group" then of what use it is if it only benefits them?

It's a very conditional kind of compassion and empathy. Even murderous criminals can have love for their own family.
    Surely agree, we are thinking along the same lines.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2024), Wind (9th March 2024)