Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Left In America

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Here's the clip posted on twitter of Tucker making the statement. Mind you, gas prices are up world-wide. We just had a pandemic leading to massive supply chain and fueling issues, and the invasion of Ukraine had a huge impact on oil prices. OPEC is now stepping up production but results will be slow.

Why don't folks talk about the price gouging going on with corporations? They made profits hand over foot during the pandemic and they're still gouging us. I guess it's just a simple knee-jerk to blame the President. He's not the President of the world.

The fact, as announced loud and clear by their own selves, that the Republicans will block the Democrats on issues which a majority of Americans support is directly relevant to the 'Left in America'.

The left are the whipping post, the straw man, the target to blame.

When the team on the right will put its thumb in the eye of America in order to block the other party, it shows that it doesn't give a shit about America.

The title of this thread could simply be America. Because the right is a minority and elitist.

To wit: Roe v. Wade. Even a majority of catholics support it, despite the Pope's position.

The left is America. The right is dysfunctional. As evidenced by the vigilante laws and calls for white Christian Nationalism.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Aragorn (6th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2022), Fred Steeves (6th June 2022), Wind (6th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Why don't folks talk about the price gouging going on with corporations? They made profits hand over foot during the pandemic and they're still gouging us.
    Amen, Sister. Amen.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Dreamtimer (6th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2022), Fred Steeves (6th June 2022), Wind (6th June 2022)

Thanks
    While Joe Rogan, Kim Kardashian, and other very wealthy folks are talking about how Americans don't want to 'go back to work', Biden has the best jobs numbers by a landslide.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    So now Tucker is admitting that Russia helped Trump and projecting vengeance out onto Biden.
    "The White House is doing all it can to keep fuel prices high. Biden has just pushed the EU to stop buying Russian oil. It’s payback for getting Trump elected."
    Here's the clip posted on twitter of Tucker making the statement. Mind you, gas prices are up world-wide. We just had a pandemic leading to massive supply chain and fueling issues, and the invasion of Ukraine had a huge impact on oil prices. OPEC is now stepping up production but results will be slow.
    Okay, thanks for that. He's speaking tongue in cheek, as in "honk honk wink wink".

Why don't folks talk about the price gouging going on with corporations? They made profits hand over foot during the pandemic and they're still gouging us.
    A double amen to that!

I guess it's just a simple knee-jerk to blame the President. He's not the President of the world.
    Would you be so lenient if it were an evil republican sitting in the big chair?

The fact, as announced loud and clear by their own selves, that the Republicans will block the Democrats on issues which a majority of Americans support is directly relevant to the 'Left in America'.
    The democrats also block democrats. Think Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema.

While Joe Rogan, Kim Kardashian, and other very wealthy folks are talking about how Americans don't want to 'go back to work', Biden has the best jobs numbers by a landslide.

Yep, Joe's employed that new marketing campaign ahead of the mid term elections, sending out the faithful foot soldiers to tell half the truth, the lies of omission. That's what politicians do. They exaggerate the good and (try to) hide the bad.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 6th June 2022 at 12:22.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Dreamtimer (7th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,102 Times in 11,916 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Okay, thanks for that. He's speaking tongue in cheek, as in "honk honk wink wink".

A double amen to that!

Would you be so lenient if it were an evil republican sitting in the big chair?

The democrats also block democrats. Think Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema.

Yep, Joe's employed that new marketing campaign, sending out the faithful foot soldiers to tell half the truth, the lies of omission. That's what politicians do. They exaggerate the good and (try to) hide the bad.
    Fuckhead's statement is hopelessly obtuse ... don't buy any of it.

There is a palpable difference between Fool's gold 'acts' and Biden's. One ALWAYS has to keep in mind that the right and corporations are working in tandem. Want to make the left look bad, just set the right's machinery in motion that I might add is pre-existing. Just put the squeeze on anything that moves when Dems are in power, when the Repubs are the supreme power, it is simply amazing how smooth the economic world looks. So, bottom line, the extant circumstances are worlds apart from left to right. It's all there to see, just look.

Manchin and Sinema are self-serving pricks, pretend lefties.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022)

Thanks
    Well, it looks like some folks recognize the corporate greed. There is a poll out by Groundwork Collaborative showing voters see corporations to blame for inflation.

By a 60-32 point margin, voters agree that corporations are taking advantage of the pandemic to raise prices and grow profits — and reject the premise that corporations have “no choice but to raise prices.”
    When asked whom they blame more for inflation – corporations or rising wages of workers – voters overwhelmingly blame corporations for increasing prices to profit more – by a 55-point margin.
    How low do folks have to be to blame workers for corporate gouging? How dare folks want a decent wage?

From when I was a young adult up to recently, unions were 'persona non grata'. But now, people are seeing the value of unions. I'm personally amazed at the groundswell of unionizing. But it does make sense. The old dynamics can't endure because workers have so much more ability to communicate and act collectively. And they will. I just hope the voters do too.

I know, the politicians are there for themselves. I'd still rather make the system work right again and hold their feet to the fire. I won't choose the utter foolery of domestic warfare. Tearing ourselves apart won't make anyone strong or great.

(I'll come back to your post, Fred)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2022), Fred Steeves (6th June 2022), Lord Sidious (6th June 2022)

Thanks
    I was pretty lenient with Trump considering his f*&kery. I didn't give him credit for the stock market and I didn't blame him for the inflation which began during his Presidency, as expected due to a pandemic.

The ones whom I'm not lenient with are the folks who spread fear and lies and lead to more deaths of people from disease, from mass shootings, from allowing people to starve or be homeless, etc.

I'm not lenient with those who pretend that one guy with a pistol is the same thing as one guy with an arsenal and a manifesto.

Joe Manchin has shown his true colors. He wants to line his pockets with his family coal business while promoting a dying industry and knowing jobs will be more and more scarce in his state. He cares about himself, not the country.

Kirsten Synema, (I have a family member who worked for her), is equally self-serving. Whomever bought her off succeeded. The obvious dynamic of blind loyalty with Republicans is not shared by Democrats. They don't have blind loyalty. And some seem to have none at all.

What these two show is what I heard Cenk Uyger recently say. Today's Democrats are more conservative than Reagan Republicans were. He's got a point. And it's one of the reasons Democrats don't get support from progressives.

I've always thought the Democrats were stupid in their politics, constantly trying to appeal to the right, assuage the right, try to appear balanced. All they did was both-sides the shit out of things until they become meaningless. And Republicans have just gleefully gone more and more to the right. Because more is better, right? Wrong.

And now we have the shit-show of extremism and desire for civil war being countered by folks who think they can still play the game by the rules when the other player has upset the board, taken the ball and gone home, choose your metaphor.

The only team right now who wants to continue this Republic is, ironically, not called Republican.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2022), Fred Steeves (7th June 2022), Wind (7th June 2022)

Thanks
    Tucker's comment about payback is as much an admission as anything. Tucker doesn't say things outright. He just 'asks questions'. That's how he got away with blatant lying when he was taken to court. He now has a defense named after him because he's a lying d&%chbag who incites people and weasels out of responsibility. He brags about it.

He's a self-serving flip-flopper raised with a silver spoon who has way too big a megaphone and way too much influence for someone who was never elected and never served the country. What he does is not conservative. It's destructive.

There's no parallel on the left for Fox News and the damage it's done. The Democrats have been too busy trying to appease and assuage a group who doesn't even want to play with them. It's epically stupid. Which is why there are so many independents. And why progressives aren't flocking to the Democratic party.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2022), Fred Steeves (7th June 2022), Wind (7th June 2022)

Thanks
    Texas Paul talks about mass shootings and how to break out of the cycle. He focuses on the narrative and the ways that each side in this debate needs to change it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022), Fred Steeves (7th June 2022)

Thanks
    I was pretty lenient with Trump considering his f*&kery. I didn't give him credit for the stock market and I didn't blame him for the inflation which began during his Presidency, as expected due to a pandemic.
    I don't recall all that much leniency concerning him, I've seen the Trump hate every bit as dominant as the Trump hero worship is over at The Project, making it seem as though if it weren't for him, everything would be just rosy.

The ones whom I'm not lenient with are the folks who spread fear and lies and lead to more deaths of people from disease, from mass shootings, from allowing people to starve or be homeless, etc.
    I don't recall any credit given for Trump facilitating the fast tracking of the vaccines (Operation Warp Speed), or criticism of major democrats who publicly cast doubt over them just because of his roll in it.

The problem of starving and homeless people is as acute in the ultra liberal San Francisco Bay area (Nancy Pelosi's district), as anywhere in the country, so can we wag the finger of guilt as her as well?

Joe Manchin has shown his true colors. He wants to line his pockets with his family coal business while promoting a dying industry and knowing jobs will be more and more scarce in his state. He cares about himself, not the country.

Kirsten Synema, (I have a family member who worked for her), is equally self-serving. Whomever bought her off succeeded.
    Glad we can agree on those two!

The obvious dynamic of blind loyalty with Republicans is not shared by Democrats. They don't have blind loyalty. And some seem to have none at all.
    Blind loyalty is certainly true with the current Trump faction, but there's a civil war going on inside the republican party, I've even seen you tout ultra conservative Liz Cheney daughter of "Darth Vader" Dick Cheney), as being on the front lines against Trump, so I'm not seeing the blind loyalty. There's also the big split between Trump and his former VP Mike Pence.

What these two show is what I heard Cenk Uyger recently say. Today's Democrats are more conservative than Reagan Republicans were. He's got a point. And it's one of the reasons Democrats don't get support from progressives.
    I've been yelling what Cenk said from the mountain tops here for some time now, that we only have two right wing parties here, one is just much more extreme to the right than the other.

The dominant establishment wing of the democratic party knows that in the end, progressives will vote for them no matter what, the progressives may not support them but they sure do wind up voting for them.

I've always thought the Democrats were stupid in their politics, constantly trying to appeal to the right, assuage the right, try to appear balanced. All they did was both-sides the shit out of things until they become meaningless.
    Yet you save all your ire for the republicans, and lefties who point out how culpable the dems are as well for our current state of affairs. The Young Turks don't count, because anyone who's watched them for long enough knows that they're really bitches for the establishment wing of the party, despite the occasional rhetoric to the contrary just to try and keep up rebellious appearances.

And now we have the shit-show of extremism and desire for civil war being countered by folks who think they can still play the game by the rules when the other player has upset the board, taken the ball and gone home, choose your metaphor.
    Like I've said many times before DT, the dems could just swat off that far right culture war bullshit and win every big time election in landslides, if they could just demonstrate how much they're doing for "The Forgotten Man" out there, yet they steadfastly refuse to do so. About the only strategy to get votes these days is catering to the upper middle class in the suburbs, and vote for us because "Trump bad".

This old Clinton acolyte just lost another major race in Virginia, because his "Trump bad so vote for me" campaign ad was all he had to offer.

Tucker doesn't say things outright. He just 'asks questions'. That's how he got away with blatant lying when he was taken to court. He now has a defense named after him because he's a lying d&%chbag who incites people and weasels out of responsibility. He brags about it.

He's a self-serving flip-flopper raised with a silver spoon who has way too big a megaphone and way too much influence for someone who was never elected and never served the country. What he does is not conservative. It's destructive.
    His job is to throw red meat bullshit out to the hard core republican base, just as Rachel Maddow's job at MSNBC is to throw red meat bullshit out to the hard core democratic base. They're both paid extremely well to fan the flames of division with their destructive commentary.

Socrates

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2022)

Thanks
    Texas Paul talks about mass shootings and how to break out of the cycle. He focuses on the narrative and the ways that each side in this debate needs to change it.

It's nice to see a die hard democrat not go straight to the "let's get the guns" narrative. Good for him!

If die hard republicans could budge off of their "thoughts and prayers" narrative, there may be room for talk and have the chance at actually accomplishing something.

Socrates

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2022), Wind (7th June 2022)

Thanks
    Politics Girl has been on Midas Touch for a few months now (I think). Lee McGowan a good interviewer and is very clear on where she stands, which is firmly on the left. It's job now, clearly, is to preserve our Democracy since the opposing team is no longer interested. She examines the Fascist tendencies of the Republican party with historian Thomas Zimmer. This is her intro to the video:

The Republican Party hasn’t just lost their minds and become anti-democratic overnight. Democracy was always less important to them than power, so as long as democracy upheld their power they supported it, now that it doesn’t, it’s out. The goal is clear: 1950’s style white, Christian, male dominance and they’ve been plotting to bring it back since the Democratic Party betrayed the idea by opening their minds & party to expanding civil rights in the 1960’s. Today’s PoliticsGirl: Candid Conversation is with Thomas Zimmer historian, author and Professor at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, where he teaches 20th Century U.S. and International history, with a focus on the transatlantic history of democracy and we talk all about the danger the country is in, the reality of how we got here and the potential we have to create something that not only saves democracy but really lives up to its promise. It’s a great conversation with a brilliant mind. I hope you enjoy it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (8th June 2022), Fred Steeves (8th June 2022)

Thanks
    Politics Girl has been on Midas Touch for a few months now (I think). Lee McGowan a good interviewer and is very clear on where she stands, which is firmly on the left. It's job now, clearly, is to preserve our Democracy since the opposing team is no longer interested. She examines the Fascist tendencies of the Republican party with historian Thomas Zimmer. This is her intro to the video:
    The Republican Party hasn’t just lost their minds and become anti-democratic overnight. Democracy was always less important to them than power, so as long as democracy upheld their power they supported it, now that it doesn’t, it’s out. The goal is clear: 1950’s style white, Christian, male dominance and they’ve been plotting to bring it back since the Democratic Party betrayed the idea by opening their minds & party to expanding civil rights in the 1960’s. Today’s PoliticsGirl: Candid Conversation is with Thomas Zimmer historian, author and Professor at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, where he teaches 20th Century U.S. and International history, with a focus on the transatlantic history of democracy and we talk all about the danger the country is in, the reality of how we got here and the potential we have to create something that not only saves democracy but really lives up to its promise. It’s a great conversation with a brilliant mind. I hope you enjoy it.
    Well, I dutifully listened to the whole 57 minutes. 55 of them were dedicated solely to "vote blue no matter who because the fascists are coming", with 2 minutes at the very end giving brief lip service to "I have many problems with the democratic party, but we can't afford to address any of those concerns until the fascist threat has been vanquished".

Interesting that the three of us keep repeating ourselves, and going round and round with this; what's going on here is that the by far dominant wing of the democratic party, the right of center faction, has their sole focus on nothing but defeating the republicans, who are rapidly outpacing their opponents in the sprint towards the right.

Another wing of the democratic party aren't really even democrats any more, the party has left them, they either don't even vote any more, or hold their noses while voting democrat, only because the republicans are worse. The old tried and true lesser of two evils choice that Americans are perpetually left with. This is the faction that is actually left wing, they are the ones clamoring for the democratic party to go back to its roots and be the champion of "The Forgotten Man" again, but as is routinely demonstrated, the dominant wing of the party has no interest in that. They have a crusade needs tending.

The crazy thing is that in it's zeal to "sleigh the dragon", the right of center dems are offering the people nothing in return to vote for them, save for the satisfaction of staving off republican majorities in congress. But a lot of people don't vote based on nothing but sticking it to the evil republicans, they have real problems facing them in their real lives, and they want them addressed.

The dems are gonna take another big hit in the mid terms this fall because of this, and yet again, they won't do any introspection as to why. They'll find someone/something else to blame as usual, anything but taking a long look in the mirror. Maybe they can blame Putin again...

I think I've taken this thread about as far as I care to take it, the dissenting voice is packing it in he's made his point. I'm gonna go ahead and cast it free to become yet another platform here for repeated republican bashing, and that will continue to go far in being what we're known for.

"If you want a place for some good juicy republican bashing, TOT's your place".

Socrates

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (8th June 2022), modwiz (8th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,102 Times in 11,916 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well, I dutifully listened to the whole 57 minutes. 55 of them were dedicated solely to "vote blue no matter who because the fascists are coming", with 2 minutes at the very end giving brief lip service to "I have many problems with the democratic party, but we can't afford to address any of those concerns until the fascist threat has been vanquished".

Interesting that the three of us keep repeating ourselves, and going round and round with this; what's going on here is that the by far dominant wing of the democratic party, the right of center faction, has their sole focus on nothing but defeating the republicans, who are rapidly outpacing their opponents in the sprint towards the right.

Another wing of the democratic party aren't really even democrats any more, the party has left them, they either don't even vote any more, or hold their noses while voting democrat, only because the republicans are worse. The old tried and true lesser of two evils choice that Americans are perpetually left with. This is the faction that is actually left wing, they are the ones clamoring for the democratic party to go back to its roots and be the champion of "The Forgotten Man" again, but as is routinely demonstrated, the dominant wing of the party has no interest in that. They have a crusade needs tending.

The crazy thing is that in it's zeal to "sleigh the dragon", the right of center dems are offering the people nothing in return to vote for them, save for the satisfaction of staving off republican majorities in congress. But a lot of people don't vote based on nothing but sticking it to the evil republicans, they have real problems facing them in their real lives, and they want them addressed.

The dems are gonna take another big hit in the mid terms this fall because of this, and yet again, they won't do any introspection as to why. They'll find someone/something else to blame as usual, anything but taking a long look in the mirror. Maybe they can blame Putin again...

I think I've taken this thread about as far as I care to take it, the dissenting voice is packing it in he's made his point. I'm gonna go ahead and cast it free to become yet another platform here for repeated republican bashing, and that will continue to go far in being what we're known for.

"If you want a place for some good juicy republican bashing, TOT's your place".
    Exactly Fred, after all that, they revealed at the very end that they still don't get it. Dems have no choice but to play the game the way they do, they have no power. Here's the rallying cry for today: "Even slaves can be resistant!"
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

Thanks
    Why hide from the hearings if you have nothing to hide? If there was nothing wrong, why not air the hearings? Why not air the shame of the Democrats and their circus? Because it's not just the Democrats and it's got teeth and beaucoup evidence.

They can't air it because they now need 24/7 damage control and propaganda delivery. They have to keep whipping folks up before they actually pay attention to what happened.

Cowards.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COjmaV8Q-Zg

Dollemore is another lefty. He's a former marine.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022)