Thread: Earthships - America's Off-Grid Desert Community

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts

Earthships - America's Off-Grid Desert Community

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgUkjbMhF18

Earthships are off-grid houses made of trash. These off-grid homes are fully self sustainable and do not require any utilities for comfortable living. Amazingly, the beautiful earthships are actually made out of garbage. In New Mexico’s desert town of Taos there is a large community of like minded people that dwell in earthships. In this episode we explore why they are there and why they choose this way of life.
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (13th February 2022), Dreamtimer (14th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2022), Wind (13th February 2022)

Thanks

Earthships in Pennsylvania?! The Full Story | Radically Off Grid Houses

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkHTvr0b_Wg

This is a story about a father and son team that have inspired a radically off-grid housing movement in Pennsylvania. They started with an Earthship-inspired greenhouse in the suburbs of Philadelphia and are currently building a self- sufficient home in the woods.
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (13th February 2022), Dreamtimer (14th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2022), Wind (13th February 2022)

Thanks

An EARTHSHIP Like None You've Ever Seen

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONzZORjb0PA

Last winter I had the chance to visit an earthship home like none I'd ever seen before. Earthships are living buildings that are adapted to their environment to make use of climate, water, and waste products. When people think of earthships, they usually think of the desert southwest of the US, because that's where they originated and where many of them are built. In this video we tour an unusual version of an earthship home, still off grid, still adapted to its environment, but very different from what you normally envision when you think of an earthship. Ron Sciarillo of Pangea Builders, the construction company of the son of the founder of earthship technology, explains the complex systems the house architecture implements to make use of its environment. This building is located in Myakka City, FL.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    New Mexico is but a hop and a skip from where I started out. I could be down with this except for the lack of woods.... I really really like trees and streams. I love this idea. We need ideas like this. And space to make them happen.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2022), Aragorn (19th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2022), Wind (19th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Nice, lots to watch, just had my wee house arrive today, wee bit of work to do to get anywhere near this lol, ta One

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2022), Dreamtimer (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Did you have a tiny home built? How cool. I think it would be fun to build one and then put it in the back yard for folks to stay in when they visit. (just a fantasy for now)

Was it Gio who posted about this? A woman had one built in her front yard and just when it was completed someone came in the night and stole it away.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2022), Wind (25th February 2022)