Thread: Brian Muraresku: The Secret History of Psychedelics

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

Brian Muraresku: The Secret History of Psychedelics

I heard about this interesting author and book a while ago as Graham Hancock mentioned it.

Interestingly Muraresku says that he never has tried psychedelics himself. Quite fascinating topic.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6DDvzM6Nc

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYQh1ZNkC70

Immortality Key

A groundbreaking dive into the role psychedelics have played in the origins of Western civilization, and the real-life quest for the Holy Grail that could shake the Church to its foundations.

The most influential religious historian of the 20th century, Huston Smith, once referred to it as the best-kept secret in history. Did the Ancient Greeks use drugs to find God? And did the earliest Christians inherit the same, secret tradition? A profound knowledge of visionary plants, herbs and fungi passed from one generation to the next, ever since the Stone Age?

There is zero archaeological evidence for the original Eucharist - the sacred wine said to guarantee life after death for those who drink the blood of Jesus. The Holy Grail and its miraculous contents have never been found. In the absence of any hard data, whatever happened at the Last Supper remains an article of faith for today's 2.5 billion Christians. In an unprecedented search for real answers, The Immortality Key examines the archaic roots of the ritual that is performed every Sunday for nearly one third of the planet. Religion and science converge to paint a radical picture of Christianity's founding event. And after centuries of debate, to solve history's greatest puzzle once and for all.

Before the birth of Jesus, the Ancient Greeks found salvation in their own sacraments. Sacred beverages were routinely consumed as part of the so-called Ancient Mysteries - elaborate rites that led initiates to the brink of death. The best and brightest from Athens and Rome flocked to the spiritual capital of Eleusis, where a holy beer unleashed heavenly visions for two thousand years. Others drank the holy wine of Dionysus to become one with the god. In the 1970s, renegade scholars claimed this beer and wine - the original sacraments of Western civilization - were spiked with mind-altering drugs. In recent years, vindication for the disgraced theory has been quietly mounting in the laboratory. The constantly advancing fields of archaeobotany and archaeochemistry have hinted at the enduring use of hallucinogenic drinks in antiquity. And with a single dose of psilocybin, the psychopharmacologists at Johns Hopkins and NYU are now turning self-proclaimed atheists into instant believers. But the smoking gun remains elusive.

If these sacraments survived for thousands of years in our remote prehistory, from the Stone Age to the Ancient Greeks, did they also survive into the age of Jesus? Was the Eucharist of the earliest Christians, in fact, a psychedelic Eucharist?

With an unquenchable thirst for evidence, Muraresku takes the reader on his twelve-year global hunt for proof. He tours the ruins of Greece with its government archaeologists. He gains access to the hidden collections of the Louvre Museum to show the continuity from pagan to Christian wine. He unravels the Ancient Greek of the New Testament with the world's most controversial priest. He spelunks into the catacombs under the streets of Rome to decipher the lost symbols of Christianity's oldest monuments. He breaches the secret archives of the Vatican to unearth manuscripts never before translated into English. And with leads from the archaeological chemists at the University of Pennsylvania and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he unveils the first scientific data for the ritual use of psychedelic drugs in classical antiquity.

The Immortality Key reconstructs the suppressed history of women consecrating a forbidden, drugged Eucharist that was later banned by the Church Fathers. Women who were then targeted as witches during the Inquisition, when Europe's sacred pharmacology largely disappeared. If the scientists of today have resurrected this technology, then Christianity is in crisis. Unless it returns to its roots.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st November 2021), Dreamtimer (22nd November 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Healing is fast tracked, especialllly in comparison to modern medisins imo, sure we can mixed the two at times. The future of this healing dynamic is growing massively fast at the moment, as in huge fast and for a reason imo as this be the times indeed for this, the accounts i have personally regards total life changes for the better = lots, some were nasty pieces of shit and admit this after their healing experience but once the core sufferin n pain is sorted, they themselves begin changing the world for the better also, think am about to watch this for second time and iirc it is great he has not tried it yet imo.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (22nd November 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd November 2021), Wind (22nd November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    It isn't intended to be a 'mystery'. It is a mystery because it is 'ineffable'. That is the word that does exist to describe the reality. It is a flow of energy, a cyclic feedback ongoing (for eternity) that can raise or lower our consciousness based on the tuning of our antennae. As always the critical point is our motivation for good or bad. Seflessness: good, self-centeredness:bad ... A metaphorical death starts with belief in the ineffable.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2021), Wind (23rd November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (23rd November 2021), Wind (23rd November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    I don’t understand how he can not have tried any…have you?
    What is the purpose of your presence?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd November 2021), Wind (23rd November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    I have ...

I didn't want to criticize Muraresku, he is very intellectual, but I got the feeling, he didn't understand fully, his own information...Or he might have just been holding back. just my feeling, I'm not qualified to critique his thing.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 23rd November 2021 at 09:45.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2021), Wind (23rd November 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Paul Stamets spoke many times about Amanita Muscaria.

Do not eat it. It can be quite dangerous. It makes people do something over and over. One fellow ended up jumping off a wall onto rocks over and over, seriously injuring himself. He had to be stopped by people and taken to the hospital.

Paul got lucky. All he did was drop his phone and walk to his car over and over and over. His phone took a beating but he didn't.

You cannot stop yourself and you do not realize you are injuring yourself.

Stay away I say.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd November 2021), Wind (23rd November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    I think he didn't want to be "biased" in his research. Of course he would know way more only by trying them.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd November 2021)