Thread: Neocons

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts

Unhappy Neocons

Might not be “neo” anymore…always will be CONs.

Been thinking about them a lot lately, with Donny Rumsfeld and Colin Powell being recalled to whatever pit of hell they slipped out of…pretty sure American “history” ain’t teaching our kids enough about these demons.

I am constantly thinking about how great this world is without them (and some fucking Medal “winner” Rush Limbaugh), am a little nervous their history will be whitewashed like everything else over here.

Anyways, I am watching Sunday Night (American) football, where CONdi Rice is sitting with the Indianapolis Colt’s owner (who’s a real piece of shit in his own right) in San Fransisco…and the fucking commentators cannot stop blowing her…and everyone in the NFL that’s ever talked to her. It’s sickening

Dubya enjoying Ellen blowing him, and getting a whole whitewashing of his history…and Big Dick Cheney apparently living forever, somehow in the shadows now, it makes me lose any hope. We are so fucked. I really hate this empire (sad emoji)
    What is the purpose of your presence?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2021), Chris (25th October 2021), Dreamtimer (25th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2021), Fred Steeves (25th October 2021), Wind (25th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    Hell sure is waiting for the likes of Dick Cheney.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2021), Chris (25th October 2021), donk (25th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2021), Fred Steeves (25th October 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Hell sure is waiting for the likes of Dick Cheney.
    The Denizens of Hell sure miss their master, the Prince of Darkness. He shall be returning to rule over his realm imminently!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2021), donk (25th October 2021), Dreamtimer (25th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2021), Fred Steeves (25th October 2021), Wind (25th October 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    History ain't teaching our kids anything that might make them feel bad. This would include false flags leading to war, lies and genocide, slavery, racism and more!

Fun times with the ignorance being pushed and teachers being fired for teaching difficult subjects.

Ignorance of the populace is one major step towards fascism.

Reagan said that facts are stupid.

Gingrich said to repeat lies over and over so folks would believe, that's how you get votes and power.

Bush practiced what Colbert named "truthiness".

Right-wing radio has played fast and loose with he truth since Limbaugh.

Trump didn't believe in truth. He didn't know how to do anything other than lie and bullshit.

We've been blithely going down the road of ignorance throughout my adult life.

Clinton openly lied, got caught and got impeached. He didn't get away with it.

Or did he?

Folks say Trump got away with his open law-breaking because he wasn't convicted. Seems he'd been getting away with openly breaking the law for decades.

Which part is that on the road to fascism?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2021), Chris (25th October 2021), donk (25th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2021), Wind (25th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    History ain't teaching our kids anything that might make them feel bad. This would include false flags leading to war, lies and genocide, slavery, racism and more!

Fun times with the ignorance being pushed and teachers being fired for teaching difficult subjects.

Ignorance of the populace is one major step towards fascism.

Reagan said that facts are stupid.

Gingrich said to repeat lies over and over so folks would believe, that's how you get votes and power.

Bush practiced what Colbert named "truthiness".

Right-wing radio has played fast and loose with he truth since Limbaugh.

Trump didn't believe in truth. He didn't know how to do anything other than lie and bullshit.

We've been blithely going down the road of ignorance throughout my adult life.

Clinton openly lied, got caught and got impeached. He didn't get away with it.

Or did he?

Folks say Trump got away with his open law-breaking because he wasn't convicted. Seems he'd been getting away with openly breaking the law for decades.

Which part is that on the road to fascism?
    I was a kid when these fucks we’re getting pardoned for Iran-contra and covering it up.

One of the stupid click-baity social media posts asks “what is the first news story you can remember”

My instinct was Challenger explosion, since we got to watch it on the tv at school, but that was an actual event.

First news story I remember was announcement of Operation Desert storm. Traumatized from losing so friends to Vietnam, with my dad almost guaranteed to have his number come up the last month of the draft…my mom was crying from fear that I was gonna grow into a kid forced to fight in a pointless war. I was 14

I recon we been on the road before that, before Nixon…maybe even before Gulf of Tonkin. The “military industrial complex” speech was not a warning, it was describing the state of our government at the time. We been a little bit fascist since probably before then…looks like there’s little hope we go barreling headfirst into cheering it on
    Last edited by donk, 25th October 2021 at 13:18.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2021), Chris (25th October 2021), Dreamtimer (26th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2021), Wind (25th October 2021)