Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: American Insanity

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,317 Times in 9,874 Posts
    Cultural cringe, in cultural studies and social anthropology, is an internalized inferiority complex that causes people in a country to dismiss their own culture as inferior to the cultures of other countries.

It is closely related to the concept of colonial mentality and is often linked with the display of anti-intellectual attitudes towards thinkers, scientists, and artists who originate from a colony or former colony. It can also be manifested in individuals in the form of cultural alienation.

To me, people that reject their own cultural heritage are the lowest form of life. (Chuckie)

Abstract

This study explores the relationship structure of cultural rejection. The proposition is advanced that people reject cultural practices as the proxies of out-groups who are perceived to be associated with them, so that they would maintain social identities that are separate from those of out-groups. Using data on musical preferences from 1993 General Social Survey, it applies blockmodeling—a methodology originally developed in social network analysis—in a new way to analyze the structure of cultural rejection within U.S. society. The results indicate that blockmodeling based on cultural rejection is effective in uncovering sociologically meaningful positions among the respondents. The results are mostly consistent with the omnivore thesis, while highlighting the multifaceted nature of cultural divisions in the United States. Finally, the identified positions correspond with respondents’ perception of the degree of unity (or lack thereof) among Americans, consistent with the theoretical assumption of this study.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,403 Times in 1,440 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    right, let me put it bluntly. You didn't hear the bullshit coming out of her mouth. She's not a female, she is a male in a bitch's clothing. After, a little thought on that video, it hit me that it was a deep fake. And my statement was a metaphorical one in any case. Completely well suited to whatever he/she is. I've put up with this ugliness my entire life, Sid and it is not a joke to me. Aianawa is a big boy, he can take care of himself even though I have tried to defend him on numerous occasions and that is how he repays my efforts. He's done that on numerous occasions as well and I find it more than a little twisted. You know, there are two places in the world one can find 'troubled' personalities with very little effort, alt forums and dating sites.

This is none of your business, stay out of it!

And Aianawa knows exactly what he is doing.
    Let me put this bluntly, you're a fuckwit.
    I did indeed watch the video.
    I don't care if it's a he or a she, that's not my business.
    This however, IS my business as I am a member of this forum and your attitude recently has been very disruptive.
    He may know what he is doing, but you do too.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2022), Aragorn (30th June 2022), Fred Steeves (30th June 2022), Wind (30th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,606 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Chuckie has earned himself a week off to reconsider how he talks to people.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2022), Aragorn (30th June 2022), Lord Sidious (30th June 2022), modwiz (30th June 2022), Wind (30th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 76,246 Times in 18,609 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    pfft ... the only problem is that this lady is a paid bullshitter. People say freedom of speech is sacrosanct and then fuckheads like the above abuse it to break every social contract respected by man for personal gain. I say she should be cancelled immediately. Horns and a tail. If I had my way I would slap the shit out of that nasty mouth of hers. Except as a gender bender she might kick my ass.
    I must say that, even though I certainly don't agree with the woman in the video that Vern posted, I find it highly ironic that you would describe that particular woman as "a gender bender" — which I seriously doubt would be the case — while you're ostensibly completely missing the fact that the individual in the thumbnail for the video that Wind posted about the protests against the new anti-abortion law is an unmistakable transgender.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2022), Fred Steeves (30th June 2022), Lord Sidious (30th June 2022), Wind (30th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,814 Times in 5,588 Posts

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th September 2022), Aragorn (30th September 2022), Fred Steeves (2nd October 2022)