Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 27,563 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Russian brutality is nothing new. However, it should go without saying that there is nothing glorious about war.

It's grievous and traumatizing. That's why I have big issues with neocons, warhawks and such wherever they may be.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaCD0XlxYgA

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcd3DJBIOnw

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Fred Steeves (7th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (7th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,462 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    However, it should go without saying that there is nothing glorious about war.

It's grievous and traumatizing. That's why I have big issues with neocons, warhawks and such wherever they may be.
    That makes two of us nugg
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Fred Steeves (7th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (7th April 2022), Wind (7th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Speaking of Russian propaganda....

Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Fred Steeves (7th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (8th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,134 Times in 2,671 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post

Doesn’t exactly jibe with with the indoctrination that until just now, informed us we’re to take at face value everything the spooks put out there, does it?

Ah well, soon enough the mission statement will once again require that when “all 17 intelligence agencies agree”, they really mean it and we had best take it seriously.

A little rush of cognitive dissonance to go with our morning coffee sure hits the spot…
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (7th April 2022), Wind (8th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    On the news this reporter is asking the Secretary of the Defense about the risks to Finland. I hope you and yours stay safe Wind.
    Risks about joining NATO? It seems that our government plans to join NATO after all even though for the longest time our country was satisfied with it's own defence forces, maybe it will be decided in May. I don't think that is a good idea in the long run, but Putin has made some people so fearful that now they want something like that, even though it's unlikely that people would get to vote about that either. Zelensky held a speech for our parliament today and also at the same time there were some cyber attacks on the defence ministry websites, also there was again a Russian plane violating Finnish airspace, it obviously was a message from their government.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLrb1OQjGs
    Last edited by Wind, 2nd July 2022 at 04:31.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (8th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,227 Times in 11,974 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post

That was the plan all along ... the intent was to short-circuit that gambit that Putinia was inevitably going to employ. jeez c'mon, it's a game like Chess but the stakes are not military-like pieces but military pieces dressed in a patina of human skin.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    There may be some substance to Tucker Carlson after all. Some time ago he made some disturbed comments about people that he supports by saying 'at least they don't eat dogs'. He was prescient in the fact that it was just reported that not only were Putinians raping women and 16-year old girls but butchering and eating dogs to feed themselves.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,166 Times in 20,332 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    There may be some substance to Tucker Carlson after all. Some time ago he made some disturbed comments about people that he supports by saying 'at least they don't eat dogs'. He was prescient in the fact that it was just reported that not only were Putinians raping women and 16-year old girls but butchering and eating dogs to feed themselves.
    The comment about eating dogs is a reference to China, not Russia. In Chinese culture, the consumption of dog meat is considered perfectly acceptable, just as here on the European mainland, the consumption of horse meat is also considered perfectly acceptable, while that in turn is considered abominable and shocking in the Anglo-Saxon countries. I myself have actually already eaten horse meat on a few occasions — a long time ago, though — and it actually tastes very good. It's also very healthy, because it contains a lot of iron.

Everything is cultural in that regard. In Australia — and especially among the Aboriginals — kangaroos are considered edible wildlife. In certain African countries, even monkeys are caught for food — which, given their close genetic ties to humans, is an absolute and definitive no-no for myself as an individual. Back in the nineties, restaurants here in Belgium were offering kangaroo steaks and crocodile steaks — both of which I refused to try.

Certain people in Africa and Asia eat giant spiders. Even here in the West, the idea of consuming insects has been actively promoted in still recent times. And certain people — especially in France, but it's not uncommon here in Belgium either — eat snails. As the matter of fact, one of my ex-girlfriends would go ecstatic about snails in garlic butter — myself, I wisely opted not to partake in her culinary pleasure.

During both World Wars, some people over here would kill, cook and eat stray cats. It is said that, once cooked, if they don't let you see the head and the tail, then you cannot tell it apart from rabbit stew.

About 20 years ago, my brother went on a survival training course in Spain, and part of his training was to survive in the woods over there for a whole week without any food or water supplies. All he had with him was a knife and a compass. So he set traps, and he ate squirrels, rabbits and worms, along with whatever fruit, edible mushrooms and plants he could find.

Myself, I would politely decline on the offer, but like I said, it's all cultural, and famine is also an important factor in that regard. As repulsive as some of those dietary habits may be, at least it's not as bad yet as cannibalism.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Lord Sidious (12th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (11th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    As repulsive as some of those dietary habits may be, at least it's not as bad yet as cannibalism.
    When everything else fails, people will resort to that too, like during the siege of Leningrad. I wonder if people do really taste like pork?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The comment about eating dogs is a reference to China, not Russia. In Chinese culture, the consumption of dog meat is considered perfectly acceptable, just as here on the European mainland, the consumption of horse meat is also considered perfectly acceptable, while that in turn is considered abominable and shocking in the Anglo-Saxon countries. I myself have actually already eaten horse meat on a few occasions — a long time ago, though — and it actually tastes very good. It's also very healthy, because it contains a lot of iron.

Everything is cultural in that regard. In Australia — and especially among the Aboriginals — kangaroos are considered edible wildlife. In certain African countries, even monkeys are caught for food — which, given their close genetic ties to humans, is an absolute and definitive no-no for myself as an individual. Back in the nineties, restaurants here in Belgium were offering kangaroo steaks and crocodile steaks — both of which I refused to try.

Certain people in Africa and Asia eat giant spiders. Even here in the West, the idea of consuming insects has been actively promoted in still recent times. And certain people — especially in France, but it's not uncommon here in Belgium either — eat snails. As the matter of fact, one of my ex-girlfriends would go ecstatic about snails in garlic butter — myself, I wisely opted not to partake in her culinary pleasure.

During both World Wars, some people over here would kill, cook and eat stray cats. It is said that, once cooked, if they don't let you see the head and the tail, then you cannot tell it apart from rabbit stew.

About 20 years ago, my brother went on a survival training course in Spain, and part of his training was to survive in the woods over there for a whole week without any food or water supplies. All he had with him was a knife and a compass. So he set traps, and he ate squirrels, rabbits and worms, along with whatever fruit, edible mushrooms and plants he could find.

Myself, I would politely decline on the offer, but like I said, it's all cultural, and famine is also an important factor in that regard. As repulsive as some of those dietary habits may be, at least it's not as bad yet as cannibalism.
    In the middle east ... monkey is good. Not for me. There was a fast food chain in the U.S. back in the 60's and 70's selling 'hamburgers"/beef which was actually horse meat. I was good with it until they shut them down. The best part was the price. One could buy 12 of the burgers and a pound of french fries for next to nothing. It was a staple for me and friends. The place was called 'Henry's".

I once read and then claimed in an Ethics course, that no human society had ever been documented as practicing cannibalism. My Reverend Professor nearly went kuku when I told him that. Which incidentally was the name of another local eatery started by my dad's boss from another company. I got to eat free there on occasion. It was like heaven itself.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th April 2022), Dreamtimer (12th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (12th April 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The world needs a refresher course on Deganawida and the Great Peace Treaty. The Six Nations of the Finger Lakes region (in America) had a great economy and were surrounded by allied nations who were not a part of the confederation but were friendly and also a nice buffer zone from enemy nations.

The Constitution of the United States was inspired in great measure by this creation of the nations who lived here on turtle island.

American Indians were strong and understood the value of peace, the strength of peace.

Russian leaders seem to still be stuck in the 'might and brutality are strength' mindset. They got some evolvin' to do. (we in the US lost the plot, imo, and desperately need to find it)

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (12th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,500 Times in 7,458 Posts

Question

I will temporarily break my fast regarding this thread to post this item ...

Ukrainian experts worry sunken Russian warship was carrying nukes
    Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (15th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,500 Times in 7,458 Posts
    Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th April 2022), Wind (15th April 2022)

Thanks
    Some perspective here. Don't belive everything told in the internet... Lots of propaganda and lies.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBah5HNknLM

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uQCNjIHeqU

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2022), Gio (15th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Gio View Post
    I can tell that picture wasn't taken south of the Mason-Dixon line. Nor was it during the Civil War...

A longy but goody:

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Gio (17th April 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)