Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Taking a stab at summarizing this great divide in a nutshell:
    Thanks for the laugh,

There's what 8 maybe 10 people writing about their 2cts.
    The great divide indeed

More people die daily during this 3d world war. And even those numbers are low when compared to the wars of the righious defenders of democracy.
    I would laugh harderif the sudden sadness of this ludicrous debate wasn't so heart wrenching to watch..
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Lord Sidious (21st March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (22nd March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Just remember this, while the righteous condemn the side they don't like, our brothers and sisters die and get hurt.
    And you wonder why I would pour acid on those talking up a war they won't go fight in?
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Catsquotl (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    More people die daily during this 3d world war. And even those numbers are low when compared to the wars of the righious defenders of democracy.
    I would laugh harderif the sudden sadness of this ludicrous debate wasn't so heart wrenching to watch..
    I think a lot of that goes back to "worthy victims", vs. "unworthy victims". I don't see "the righteous defenders of democracy" giving two shits about the victims in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan, etc., only the body count of their own soldiers, and the "righteousness" of the cause are of concern. These victims may as well not even exist...

But now that the roles are reversed, and it fits their narrative interests, the victims of this particular conflict are bemoaned 24/7 from the mountain tops, and the aggressors (and her people) deserve the harshest penalties possible.

It's like watching Tony Soprano out there writing traffic tickets.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Catsquotl (21st March 2022), Lord Sidious (21st March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    "Ukraine on Fire" is supposed to be really good, but unfortunately I have yet to find the time to watch it.

Having followed some of the events around the coup and the subsequent civil war, and hearing when Z came back from the EU security meeting saying if they couldn't join NATO then maybe UA should have its own nukes, I was *still* suprised at the invasion. The geopolitical fallout was expected, but has gone further than I could have guessed.

The west is going too far, and now we have petro tankers getting swapped for currencies not including the dollar. The importance of this cannot be overstated.

Scott Horton is a great person to listen to when it comes to a nuanced and unfiltered perspective of the events leading to the current situation.

Azov is only one, relatively small far right nationalist group among *many*. Amongst them all is quite a lot of political capital in that country. Do chuckie or DT even know who stephan bandera was? Or that his portrait was hanging in the office of the mayor of Kiev as of last week.

Do folks think Putin should come here next? (As if he already hasnt) Damn, trump really broke your brain, didn't he? This is a rhetorical question, I will check back on this convo in a few days.

War sucks, all war sucks, and US foriegn policy has been full of abominations and lies, regardless of who was president, for how long? The whole last century, at least.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Catsquotl (22nd March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Lord Sidious (22nd March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd March 2022), Fred Steeves (22nd March 2022), Lord Sidious (22nd March 2022), PurpleLama (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Now you're cookin nugg
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd March 2022), Fred Steeves (22nd March 2022), PurpleLama (22nd March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Just remember this, while the righteous condemn the side they don't like, our brothers and sisters die and get hurt.
    And you wonder why I would pour acid on those talking up a war they won't go fight in?
    Nope, I no longer wonder, not there yet, but the older I get the more I am noticing I am giving in to the dark side.
    Many people are just not likable to the degree that I hate becomes a word i use to describe them..

Never knew this would happen.
    But hey nothing human seems to pass me by this time around.
    Have a great day today

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2022), Lord Sidious (22nd March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (23rd March 2022), Wind (23rd March 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Beau addresses, again, the American Exceptionalism that leads people to believe that 'it can't happen here'. It can.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (23rd March 2022), Wind (23rd March 2022)

Thanks
    Looking into "Beau of the Fifth Column", I came across many, many red flags. He is pretending to be some kind of southerner, but the accent is a total fake. His real name is Justin King, and when he speaks under that name the accent doesn't exist. IMO his is some kind of agent spreading real, gov't sanctioned misinfo. Be wary.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th March 2022), Catsquotl (23rd March 2022), Dreamtimer (25th March 2022), Lord Sidious (23rd March 2022), Wind (24th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Looking into "Beau of the Fifth Column", I came across many, many red flags. He is pretending to be some kind of southerner, but the accent is a total fake. His real name is Justin King, and when he speaks under that name the accent doesn't exist. IMO his is some kind of agent spreading real, gov't sanctioned misinfo. Be wary.
    For starters my purple friend, you know that I harbor absolutely no harsh feelings towards you. Ok, now that that is out of the way.

This is why I hesitate not to stick my nose everywhere I detect subtle and not so subtle misapprehensions.

I researched him when DT first started posting his content. I told her his name and did a thorough search to determine 'where he was coming from"

This is what I deduced. He is knowledgeable about military issues and as such I strongly suspect that he has a special forces background. He has joked many times about his 'looks' being very counterintuitive to his philosophical stances. In particular, his Southern posters despise him because he usually cuts them to shreds when they posit typical right-wing nonsense.

I also decided over time that he is a seriously decent human being, with a big heart, an egalitarian view of society and culture, and truly wants to help the deluded get past their intellectual shortcomings. The accent I suspect is lacking because he is a transplanted southern good ol' boy. Or lost it in the process of becoming more urbane via his military, educational, and acculturation. In this case an actual good ol' boy, good will towards all people and apparently a great deal of patience for the ignorant.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    From what I could see, he is a Canadian. His military expertise, as it were, comes from being a military contractor, which can mean a lot of things. As I said, I saw many red flags, but the fake good ol boy schtik is so obvious, one must ask questions. Why? If this person fakes a persona, what else are they lying about?

Just that, without the rest, is enough to make common sense demand that anything from this person be taken with a huge grain of salt.

As for the rest, anyone can do a little digging, if they are so inclined. I will not waste any more time listening to what he has to say.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th March 2022), Dreamtimer (25th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd March 2022), Lord Sidious (23rd March 2022), Wind (24th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    I suggested to DT quite awhile back that I 'felt' by one of his presentations that he knows military people and may have lost some of them, perhaps even family. Anyway, this is what I found just now:

Justin King (who's popularly known via his online moniker Beau of the Fifth Column) is an Japanese-born activist, anarchist and journalist who was raised in the United States. He comes from a military family in Japan. Justin is also an ex-private military contractor who is highly experienced in doing military work.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    I highly, highly recommend this conversation between Jocko Willink, Darryl Cooper, and Scott Horton, for a realpolitik, historical account of what led up to the invasion of Ukraine.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2nF...urce=copy-link

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th March 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    So I should know more about Beau, his background, who he is. Context.

Just like Stone's film about Ukraine.

Yeah. Thanks.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (25th March 2022)

Thanks
    I don't think Oliver Stone vs Justin King is a valid comparison.

Did check out the interview with Horton? It is really well worth the time, Horton knows his stuff and is a huge antiwar historian.