Page 63 of 118 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 12,129 Times in 2,669 Posts

A "don't cross us" warning shot across the bow?

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (22nd October 2022), Wind (21st October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,543 Times in 7,306 Posts
    Last edited by Wind, 17th November 2022 at 23:24.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (23rd October 2022), Fred Steeves (23rd October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,462 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Fuck your wars and fuck your lies
    Fuck your politicians and fuck your spies
    Fuck your bombs and fuck your tanks
    Fuck your money and fuck your banks
    Fuck your system and fuck your games
    Fuck your words and fuck your false claims
    Fuck your corruption and fuck your theft
    Fuck your right and fuck your left
    We the people have had enough
    We the people say no!
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (23rd October 2022), Fred Steeves (23rd October 2022), Wind (23rd October 2022)

Thanks

The hard sell has begun - Now it's a matter of finding a reason

Socrates

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Wind (25th October 2022)

Thanks
    Chris Hedges shows us war. This is heavy.

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (3rd November 2022), Wind (1st November 2022)

Thanks

Socrates

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (17th November 2022), Wind (17th November 2022)

Thanks
    So here's an interesting situation. Ukranian officials, so far anyway, haven't been granted access to the location of the missile strike in Poland yesterday. The U.S. is there and interested, unlike with the gas pipeline explosions, but I've got to wonder why Ukraine, who is right there across the border, so far has not been allowed in.

Why not? Doesn't that seem a bit odd for the country said to be directly involved, is not being allowed to see the evidence?

I'd like to hear other possible reasons, but here's the three I've come up with so far:

1) It's a NATO thing, and Ukraine isn't part of NATO. But the two are working hand in hand on defense of Ukraine, so the "not in the club" thing doesn't make much sense to me.

2) The strike actually was from an errant Russian missile, and the US and Poland are trying to smooth it over to keep Articles 4 and 5 out of the picture. (I can see that)

3) It was actually a Ukranian false flag operation the Zelensky knew nothing about, it was reckless and easily verifiable, and the US and Poland are trying to keep that from seeing the light of day for obvious reasons.

* An addendum to choice 3, something that sort of bothered me since first hearing about this yesterday, and makes me wonder even more now that Zelensky people aren't being allowed in yet. One of the first things I checked out, was to Google Earth where this Polish town was in relation to the border, and how populated it is. Take a look at it here.

It's almost all farm land. If you zoom way in a few grain towers can be seen, but what are the odds that an errant missile might actually strike one of those, as opposed to the odds of one striking any of that surrounding farm land? I'm just sayin, it's possible of course, but IMO it's more possible that it was a guided missile, and aimed for something besides open farm land. Yes, even a missile blowing up in some cow pasture in Poland would still be a deal, but not near so much as it actually hitting a structure, and killing two Polish citizens.

Were we to game this out to fruition, who might stand to game from such a strike? Cui bono? I don't see Putin having any gains by taking out a Polish grain dryer, he doesn't need or want any "Article 5" action for absolutely no reason; but, who's been lobbying for some time now for NATO to get directly involved, and not just by proxy?

"This is a Russian missile attack on collective security! This is a really significant escalation. Action is needed," Zelensky said in a video following the reports.
    https://www.newsweek.com/volodymyr-z...strike-1760125

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (17th November 2022), Wind (17th November 2022)

Thanks
    Even though this war has it's nuances, Putler for sure will go down in history as "Vlad the Terrorizer".

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqF_vA1TG9c

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlIDowrtAC0

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (17th November 2022), Fred Steeves (17th November 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,145 Times in 20,323 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    So here's an interesting situation. Ukranian officials, so far anyway, haven't been granted access to the location of the missile strike in Poland yesterday. The U.S. is there and interested, unlike with the gas pipeline explosions, but I've got to wonder why Ukraine, who is right there across the border, so far has not been allowed in.

Why not? Doesn't that seem a bit odd for the country said to be directly involved, is not being allowed to see the evidence?

I'd like to hear other possible reasons, but here's the three I've come up with so far:

1) It's a NATO thing, and Ukraine isn't part of NATO. But the two are working hand in hand on defense of Ukraine, so the "not in the club" thing doesn't make much sense to me.

2) The strike actually was from an errant Russian missile, and the US and Poland are trying to smooth it over to keep Articles 4 and 5 out of the picture. (I can see that)

3) It was actually a Ukranian false flag operation the Zelensky knew nothing about, it was reckless and easily verifiable, and the US and Poland are trying to keep that from seeing the light of day for obvious reasons.
    According to our own local (and very woke- and very US-biased) media over here, it would have been a Russian missile, but after it had been hit by Ukrainian anti-missile defenses, and thus, it was the Ukrainian military that caused the Russian missile to end up in Poland, which it was not aimed at.

And another thing that stood out from this local media report was how quickly Zelenskyy was to jump up, raise his arms into the air and accuse Russia of having attacked Poland.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Fred Steeves (17th November 2022), Wind (17th November 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Even though this war has it's nuances, Putler for sure will go down in history as "Vlad the Terrorizer".

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqF_vA1TG9c

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlIDowrtAC0
    Time will tell, and it takes a while for the smoke to clear so people can get some closer and more nuanced looks. I haven't seen a propaganda blitzkrieg of this intensity this since Iraq War Part 2. Ever notice that the only information, the only footage, and the only description of that footage, comes from Ukraine?

For example the first video says "Footage released by Ukraine", the second one says "Dashcam footage released by President Zelensky"; these are by no means exceptions, this is the rule.

And here is the essential narrative all good citizens of the West are to believe deep in their heart of hearts:

* Russia evil - Ukraine good

* Russia speaks only lies - Ukraine speaks only truth

- Russia only knows atrocities - Ukraine would never do such a thing. Ever.

Were we to game this out to fruition, who might stand to game from such a strike? Cui bono? I don't see Putin having any gains by taking out a Polish grain dryer, he doesn't need or want any "Article 5" action for absolutely no reason; but, who's been lobbying for some time now for NATO to get directly involved, and not just by proxy?

This is a Russian missile attack on collective security! This is a really significant escalation. Action is needed," Zelensky said in a video following the reports.

https://www.newsweek.com/volodymyr-z...strike-1760125
    Speaking of which... lookie what I stumbled across down the memory hole from back in April of this year:

Poland fears Russia will test Nato resolve with 'accidental' missile strike

Poland fears Russia will test Nato’s resolve by “accidentally” firing a missile into its territory, a senior foreign affairs official has said.

Lukasz Jasina, chief adviser to Polish Foreign Minister Zbigniew Rau, said there were concerns that Moscow would attempt to escalate the war into Nato territory after its operation in Ukraine stalled.

He said Poland had been surprised by the Russian army's setbacks but it had been a "positive shock". He said the war ended “30 years of stability” for Poland post-Cold War, which was “the longest stable period in Polish history since the 17th century”.

“We are afraid that Vladimir Putin will try to test Nato,” Mr Jasina said in an interview with The National in Warsaw, in which he also questioned Germany's commitment to helping Poland and called for the US to be more proactive in sending military aid.

“There's always the potential of a Russian ‘mistake’, that they will explode one of their missiles in Chelm or Zamosc, cities very close to the Ukrainian border. This [Russian] empire is killing people so of course Polish people are right to fear this.”

US President Joe Biden and other leaders have vowed that if Russia steps “one inch” on to Nato territory there will be retaliation under the Article Five agreement of collective defence among the 30-member alliance.
    https://www.thenationalnews.com/worl...issile-strike/

Socrates

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    * Russia speaks only lies - Ukraine speaks only truth

- Russia only knows atrocities - Ukraine would never do such a thing. Ever.
    Well, I wouldn't think that. There's surely propaganda on either sides and also reports of executions and torture from both sides, although much more brutality from the Russian side, that is if you believe the reports and footage. The thing is that war brings out the worst and best in people. Invasions, especially prolonged ones only bring more misery. Now I kept reading that this missile incident gives good tools for Putin to use propaganda in his own favor.

Speaking of which... lookie what I stumbled across down the memory hole from back in April of this year:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/worl...issile-strike/
    Quite the find you have there, I wonder what's up with that. I feel that Poland and Russia have some bad blood between them. You know that mysterious airplane crash which killed the Polish president at the time. Poland suffered terribly in WWII as they were between the Nazis and Soviets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smolensk_air_disaster

Purpose of the flight

The flight's purpose was taking many high-ranking Polish officials to ceremonies marking the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre, a mass murder of Polish intellectuals, politicians, and military officers by the Soviets during World War II. The site of the massacre is approximately 19 km (12 mi) west of Smolensk. The area is fairly remote; Smolensk is the only city nearby and has the only two airports in the area: Smolensk North Airport, where the accident occurred, and Smolensk South Airport.
    Claims of explosives traces

In March 2015 the Polish committee published a report in which it claimed that two separate explosions took place on board the Tupolev in the last few seconds of its flight, bringing the aircraft down; a third explosion allegedly occurred after the impact with the ground. The committee's conclusions were partly based on a paper by Dr. Wiesław Binienda of the University of Akron, in which the author presented computer simulations that claimed to prove that the impact with the birch tree could not have severed the plane's wing.

The paper, however, was self-published and not peer-reviewed. According to group's scientists – Binienda, Kazimierz Nowaczyk from the University of Marylandand Gregory Szuladziński– the direct cause of the crash was not a collision with an obstacle, but two explosions in the last phase of the flight: first on the left, by which the plane lost part of the left wing, then another inside the hull. Alleged contradictions, errors and manipulations in the official reports has been pointed out.

Binienda also claimed that the cut wingtip couldn't fly over 100 m from the tree, the hull couldn't be torn to the outside by a collision with the ground, there should be a crater in the ground as a result of the crash if the plane wasn't torn in the air before. Szuladzinski's report stated that: any landing (or fall) in a wooded area, no matter how adverse, and at what angle, could not in any way result in such fragmentation, which has been documented. Nowaczyk analyzed data from FMS and TAWS system and came to the conclusions that the plane flew over the tree and was torn at a height over 30 m above the ground. Wacław Berczyński, a former software engineer at Boeing, pointed to the pulled out rivets of the sheeting and claimed that it could be caused only by an internal explosion.
    Last edited by Wind, 17th November 2022 at 23:22.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2022), Aragorn (17th November 2022), Fred Steeves (17th November 2022)

Thanks
    Well, I wouldn't think that. There's surely propaganda on either sides and also reports of executions and torture from both sides, although much more brutality from the Russian side, that is if you believe the reports and footage.
    Right, that's it exactly, "if you believe the reports and footage" that the Western audience *has only been getting from one side of this ongoing conflict since the US led coup in 2014*. When the police are asked to investigate themselves for possible wrongdoing, they seldom find anything.

Invasions, especially prolonged ones only bring more misery.
    It does, it's awful. I think this is where one needs to look at it through the lens of realpolitik, not the narratives that are woven around it for public consumption. Only then can the true nature of the evil orchestrating this be witnessed. Russia and Ukraine need to be looked at as chess pieces on the grand chess board, not as "good guy/bad guy".

This same basic material is in the What Is The New World Order Thread. With the fall of the Soviet Union around 1990, the United States became not just a super power, but the super power. In the truest sense it became Ruler Of The World, and that's why Bush Sr. in that famous 1991 speech declared "A New World Order". Up to then since WW2 it had still been a bipolar world order consisting of the US and Soviet Union. Now it had become a unipolar world order. And they wanted to keep it that way.

Slowly but surely, along comes just Russia dragging itself back out from utter ruin over the years. The US enjoyed maybe 25 years as the world's unipole, when uh oh, don't look now but it's actually become a tripolar world with the US and China as co-rulers, and Russia the junior partner so to speak. Leaving China out of this grand chess board equation for now, Russia is again a great power, once again a peer competitor on the world stage, and they need to be slapped down again. Both of them. As in the movie "Highlander" - "There can be only one".

It started with the "Maidan Coup" in 2013-14, with the help of widespread neo-Nazi elements (just as Isis was used in Syria but failed), to get a government more favorable to the West than to Russia. It's easy to forget because it's been lost down the ole memory hole, but Eastern Ukraine "The Donbass Region" is heavily pro Russian, with Western Ukraine heavily pro West, it's basically a country ripped in half by loyalties and it was forced to officially turn Westward. Job well done there, the US is good at that, and the far right nationalists it teamed up with to do that is also down the memory hole.

Remember when the Nazis in Ukraine were considered a problem? Not after February 24... What Nazis?

This is when the anti Russian propaganda machine gets rolling, the hate Russia/Putin bad machine, before that it wasn't a thing. Now the US has her chess piece, the Ukraine chess piece.

So re-enter the neo-conservatives. Here were two of its biggest tools back in 2016 (1 minute 12 seconds). We're going to war baby!:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWHviwLMy8

When NATO finally pushed the rat deep enough into the corner that it came out fighting it was game on, finally time to use this newly minted Ukraine chess piece to see how much damage it can be used to inflict on the competitor. "How much can Russia be degraded? Maybe regime change to a friendly as well? Hell, maybe even total collapse if we play our cards right!"

Here one of our finest resident neocons once again, showing how mush concern there really is for this fine chess piece that's in play (26 seconds):

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkbwZCqn7BY

With our help, "they will fight to the last person". And there we have it. On the grand chess board this is sacrificing a valued piece in order to achieve check mate; on the ground in real life, it's a mass human sacrifice. On the woo side of things I wonder how many rituals of the highest elites, how many entities feeding off of the loosh flowing from this great human sacrifice.

Russia is not doing this just because they're out of their minds evil and bloodthirsty, they're doing this because they're just like that rat backed up into a corner, they feel they have an existential threat to their very existence, and by a certain point either you come out swinging, or fold. It's easy to forget there's an even older history to this. Napoleon came a callin, Hitler came a callin, and now Russia thinks the US is come a callin. Are they wrong?

Now could Putin have gone about dealing with this in a better way? Yes, I think so. But then again once the propaganda hate machine gets wound up against the latest incarnation of Adolf Hitler, who listens to the described "rantings of a dangerous madman?" He's been publicly and privately telling the West to please back off and let's try to work together for some time now, but they're having none of that, the West is only after the big check mate, not negotiations. I think he knows that now, just as does China's Xi Jinping. In the end there is just no working with the West if you're a peer competitor, as "there can be only one"

And far away across the field, heads full of narrative proudly fly the flag of "the good guys" on their cars, next to their names on Twitter, and cheer on something they really know nothing about, as the home team may well just wind up fighting to the last person before it's over. Unconsciously cheering on a mass human sacrifice.

Very few people out there see geopolitics as a grand chess board, with a king of the hill moving heaven and earth to stay there; as opposed to the vast majority who see it "good guys and bad guys - and we're the good guys", as the softly spoken magick spell would have us believe.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 18th November 2022 at 13:58.

Socrates

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th November 2022), Wind (18th November 2022)

Thanks
    I'm actually somewhat surprised that this aptly named YouTube channel "The Memory Hole", is still allowed to exist the way it dredges up vast quantities of embarrassing information from the past that many at the top would greatly prefer remained skeletons in the closet. Back in the memory hole where it belongs. Reminds me of why we're so often reminded to look forward, not backward, don't get stuck in the past...

Rare as it is, this little gem of 20 minutes in length actually came to us from the tattered remains of America's mainstream media, featuring another rare breed, an actual journalist whose motto is "aim high, and dig deep".

(I guess he didn't get the memo. )

Do presidents lie about war? You bet they do:

Socrates

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th November 2022), Wind (18th November 2022)

Thanks
    I'm just opposed to all kind of war. Imagine spending resources on destruction instead of construction.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0gXnQcLhY

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th November 2022), Fred Steeves (18th November 2022), Lord Sidious (19th November 2022)

Thanks
    On the grand chess board this is sacrificing a valued piece in order to achieve check mate; on the ground in real life, it's a mass human sacrifice. On the woo side of things I wonder how many rituals of the highest elites, how many entities feeding off of the loosh flowing from this great human sacrifice.
    I wanted to add that you're asking good and important questions. I think we can't fully know the end-goal except that it seems like US wants to control the globe like empires usually do, but I do believe that behind the scenes there's much more going on, I mean behind the human leaders. If we want to get into the woo-woo I can just say that I don't necessarily believe in "Illuminati", but there are dark sorcerers and magicians, who are top player elites and some of them are in secret groups together who worship demonic forces. Maybe some politicians are included too. Some of them truly are bad guys, others less and there's many shades of gray to be found. Overall, "normal" people are just pawns and chess pieces for them to use. Meat which is expendable and indeed it's a whole another topic, all of that psychic energy which results from negative emotions and deaths. Everything is frequency and vibration, so that matters too.

This physical world is just the lower and denser manifestation of spirit, energy and light, which vibrates on a certain frequency. It makes all the difference how souls pass from this world and also it matters what kind of emotions people are feeding into and putting out. Emotions are what makes us human and yet energetical parasites can also feed on emotional reactions. That's why there is so much fear-porn too, because it's lower-vibrational and it brings people vibrationally down. People who are in fear are much easier to control. If you're in a higher vibration, say example in the vibration of love, then you are basically untouchable and unmovable. This realm or density is indeed a very difficult and chaotic one, where forces of darkness seem to have more control at the moment. Emphasis on the word seem.
    Last edited by Wind, 18th November 2022 at 22:09.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th November 2022), Fred Steeves (18th November 2022), Lord Sidious (19th November 2022)