Page 46 of 114 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    DT, don't waste your time ... it is very plainly total nonsense. It isn't even propaganda, it is what what's his name does (Stone), gins up controversy and why not, it is good for the bottom line. And then there is Wonder Woman (Martin) who does the same thing, but she is a propagandist for two reasons, she is clueless and looking for fame and fortune.
    I hope you realize that you've just lost all credibility in this discussion. If you think Abby Martin is a propagandist, then I would invite you to do the same thing as she did and get your American Exceptionalist ass over on the ground in Israel, Palestine, Venezuela, and all those other places where Abby and her crew risked their lives in order to expose the truth of what's going on in the world.

Be sure to pack a pair of good boots too, because there's a lot of mud you'll have to wade through. Used boots are the most comfortable on rough terrain. I'm sure you'll be able to borrow a used pair in your size from one of the tens of thousands Imperial Storm Troopers who've been "bringing freedom and democracy" to us savages in the rest of the world for the last 70 years.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th March 2022), Fred Steeves (19th March 2022), Lord Sidious (19th March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I hope you realize that you've just lost all credibility in this discussion. If you think Abby Martin is a propagandist, then I would invite you to do the same thing as she did and get your American Exceptionalist ass over on the ground in Israel, Palestine, Venezuela, and all those other places where Abby and her crew risked their lives in order to expose the truth of what's going on in the world.

Be sure to pack a pair of good boots too, because there's a lot of mud you'll have to wade through. Used boots are the most comfortable on rough terrain. I'm sure you'll be able to borrow a used pair in your size from one of the tens of thousands Imperial Storm Troopers who've been "bringing freedom and democracy" to us savages in the rest of the world for the last 70 years.
    I hate to bow out from this thread because there is so much misinformation to debunk... But you and I are not going to set the world straight. So, in order to salvage what is left of what I thought was a relationship of understanding I'm done. I would ask for the sake of decency that this thread be shut down. Who would I appeal to? Chris ... he started it right.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st March 2022)

Thanks
    I hate to bow out from this thread because there is so much misinformation to debunk... But you and I are not going to set the world straight. So, in order to salvage what is left of what I thought was a relationship of understanding I'm done. I would ask for the sake of decency that this thread be shut down. Who would I appeal to? Chris ... he started it right.
    Add this thread to the thread ignore list in your User Control Panel if you want to bail out — see the screenshot below.

This thread pertains to an as yet still ongoing and potentially globally threatening geopolitical conflict, and it is too important to be closed at the behest of one forum member's ego.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (19th March 2022), Lord Sidious (19th March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    With respect I say: Total bullshit. I don't know where you read your history but I don't think it is Earth
    If you're referring to the bolded parts of the post you quoted, then you're more deluded than I suspected.
    People deride some here for not researching, yet what is bold in that post is proven now, all these years later.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Here's some skepticism of the film, Ukraine on Fire.
    Whether you watch it or not, it has no value to you.
    Why?
    You're being intellectually dishonest.
    Watch first, read about it later, not vice versa.

DT, don't waste your time ... it is very plainly total nonsense.
    I would suggest strongly that you are in NO position to claim anything is nonsense after we've seen your intellectually deficient defense of the united snakes.

I hate to bow out from this thread because there is so much misinformation to debunk...
    You don't have enough credibility to debunk a $3 note.

I would ask for the sake of decency that this thread be shut down. Who would I appeal to? Chris ... he started it right.
    That is the final nail in the coffin of credibility and/or respect that you may have had.
    ''I don't like the conversation, please shut it down''
    You might wanna give him a blow job while you're appealing to him.
    Grow up.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (19th March 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Traditionally, an angry child will strike out with "I'm gonna take my ball and go home", not "I demand that the game around me cease it's operation". That's a similar mentality to those who would shut down free speech that they don't happen to like.

I know you'll be back though, and I would take great interest in watching the debunking coming from one who sees no need to research anything because they already know it all.

Oh, and if you can manage to talk Chris into closing this thread (which I highly doubt), I'll just start up a new one from where we left off...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Lord Sidious (19th March 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Oh, and if you can manage to talk Chris into closing this thread (which I highly doubt), I'll just start up a new one from where we left off...
    No need for that, Fred. Even if Chris were to agree to closing this thread — which I too sincerely doubt he would — then he would still not be able to do this himself. It takes a moderator to close and reopen a thread, and as the forum administrator, I would veto the request, because I find this thread too important and too pertinent to events playing out in real-time on this planet to be closed.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (19th March 2022), Lord Sidious (19th March 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Unfortunately I doubt this thread would become obsolete anytime soon. No one is forced to read this.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Lord Sidious (20th March 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Unfortunately I doubt this thread would become obsolete anytime soon. No one is forced to read this.
    I call bullshit.
    Uncle Vlad has the FSB arresting people and forcing them to see every pixel in this thread.
    It's true.
    Or at least as true as some of the other utter shite in the thread...............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Well, I did consider it, since I agree with you on where the thread is headed, but instead, I'll just bow out myself. From this thread and pretty much all of the others.

Perhaps with time a better perspective can be gained as for now there are a lot of pent-up emotions and ad hominems being thrown around.

It seems to me that currently it isn't possible to have a coherent discussion on this topic without people resorting to mud-slinging. I myself had to reconsider and delete most of what I wanted to post here recently. It's just not worth the aggravation and hassle.

Information is freely available to everyone on this forum, they can go looking for it themselves, it's only a question of what they're going to do about it and whose narrative they'll trust. I'm certainly not going to waste my time trying to change people's minds when it hasn't worked before and it seems their minds are mostly already made up.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    As someone said you can't change other people's minds, it's a futile effort. What you can do however is plant seeds or ideas in fertile soil and sometimes good and well-thought-out arguments can be like that. Also people can lead by example, that sometimes works too.

When it comes to the peace negotiations between Russia and Ukraine, they seem to be stalled indefinitely. Zelenskyi has been repeatedly asking for proper negotiations and Kremlin isn't really interested. Putin is furious and wants certain objectives fulfilled come hell or high water. The cost for his crusade will end up being high for him and others in the long run. I really don't think there is any concern about nuclear war though, that's just hyberbole. When people get concerned they start to think too much about unrealistic scenarios like that.
    Last edited by Wind, 21st March 2022 at 04:23.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Well, I did consider it, since I agree with you on where the thread is headed, but instead, I'll just bow out myself. From this thread and pretty much all of the others.

Perhaps with time a better perspective can be gained as for now there are a lot of pent-up emotions and ad hominems being thrown around.

It seems to me that currently it isn't possible to have a coherent discussion on this topic without people resorting to mud-slinging. I myself had to reconsider and delete most of what I wanted to post here recently. It's just not worth the aggravation and hassle.

Information is freely available to everyone on this forum, they can go looking for it themselves, it's only a question of what they're going to do about it and whose narrative they'll trust. I'm certainly not going to waste my time trying to change people's minds when it hasn't worked before and it seems their minds are mostly already made up.
    Let's translate that outta woe is me talk.
    You don't want anyone contradicting your ''inside'' knowledge and if they do, you're taking your bat and ball to somewhere where all the fans scream your name.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2022), Catsquotl (21st March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Wind (21st March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    You guys know this is a forum instead of an airport right?
    Departures really don't have to be announced,

well not unless you want to go.
    If you want to muster some kind of emotional response by announcing your departure because these big white privileged men won't listen to your reason.
    Then something else than a discussion on a forum is going on.
    The so called ad-hominem attacks your perception is telling you you have received actually contained some gems of information you could have used to alter your style of conversation ever so slightly so as to accommodate for a conversation. But then you don't want a conversation, you want to be right. (whatever that means)
    Regurgitating the same stuff over and over and over again, isn't convincing, not unless done on a very large scale with total control of the narrative, You guys ain't there yet.

Anyway, Goodbye, farewell, so long, etc etc etc
    Dwellers of the forums know all the truth, see all the outcomes and are perfectly in the know to behave like every other ff-ing adult on the planet.
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 21st March 2022 at 06:12.
    Have a great day today

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Dreamtimer (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Lord Sidious (21st March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Whether you watch it or not, it has no value to you.
    Why?
    You're being intellectually dishonest.
    Watch first, read about it later, not vice versa.
    That's a big ass assumption for you, Sid. If it didn't have value to me wouldn't have wasted my time with any commentary or research. You've disappointed me with that one. I thought you saw further than that.

When I do finish watching it I'll have learned a great deal why some people put such weight in it and I'll see whether that's merited. So I'll learn about people as well as about the circumstance in Ukraine.

And speaking of American Exceptionalism, as Beau points out, it sure could and probably would happen here, and we're arrogant to think it wouldn't. Our right-wing neo-mazi militias would step up if we were invaded and our government would be just fine with it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGFfr1ahGQ

Now, if people are saying that we're Nazis because we have neo-nazis and nazi sympathizers that's another story. Do folks think Putin should come here next? (as if he already hasn't).

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    That depends on who your enemy was.
    If it suited them, they would work with the invaders
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Fred Steeves (21st March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Taking a stab at summarizing this great divide in a nutshell:

Faction 1 sees Putin as the problem, overall, end of story. Couldn't care less what Faction 2 has to say.

Faction 2 sees him as the problem in this instance, but it's much more complicated than just that. Is bombarded by what Faction 1 is saying every day of the week on mainstream news.

When I do finish watching it I'll have learned a great deal why some people put such weight in it and I'll see whether that's merited. So I'll learn about people as well as about the circumstance in Ukraine.
    "Ukraine On Fire" is not the end all be all, but it is another piece of the puzzle.

Do folks think Putin should come here next? (as if he already hasn't).
    This is a good example of why Sid said "Whether you watch it or not, it has no value to you".

Your mind is already made up.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 21st March 2022 at 13:55.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st March 2022), Lord Sidious (21st March 2022), PurpleLama (21st March 2022), Wind (22nd March 2022)