Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 43,202 Times in 11,965 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Anyone that thinks it's possible to win a nuclear exchange is a fool.

Why?
    Because he does things counter to the interests of the west?

No, they didn't. When Russia applied, they rejected the application.
    Really, you got me on that one ... I've got to read the fine print on that one ...

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    A statement from the Taliban.

Interesting development huh, Wind.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd March 2022), Wind (2nd March 2022)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    US embassy just REMOVED all their Ukraine BIOWEAPON LAB DOCUMENTS from the website… Here they are…

https://strangesounds.org/2022/02/us...-they-are.html
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd March 2022), Lord Sidious (2nd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chester View Post
    US embassy just REMOVED all their Ukraine BIOWEAPON LAB DOCUMENTS from the website… Here they are…

https://strangesounds.org/2022/02/us...-they-are.html
    Just speaking for myself, Chester and of course, you certainly have the right to post it as many times as you like, I've already seen this propaganda and likely all that you intend to post. Not that I actually followed any links or watched any videos beyond 10 or 15 seconds.

I hope you are doing well ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Hey Chester, How are things in Texas.

Something, I'm curious about. How come individuals such as yourself find such interest in the 'progressive' Jimmy Dore. Personally, I find it intensely weird that so many people that have always been fanatical 'Americans' are now fanatical 'Anti-Americans'. Timeline slip, propaganda-induced psychosis? What?
    Isn't it about each individual thinking and expressing for themselves? For me (because I don't buy into any of the political drama) I don't consider when anyone does their homework, presents good questions, shares their take on something as lining up to any word such as "progressive" like that word is generally defined by those ensconced in political dynamics. I also don't lump people into groups such as "fanatical" or "unfanatical" or "counterfanatical" or whatever other label one might wish to contrive. To do so is a tactic of identity politics which places people in defined groups based on external criteria. To do so is, for me, soulless.

I would prefer not to be addressed by lumping me into any group. If there can ever be the case I fit into one (such as "American") to label me as such and then leave it at that is to avoid knowing me. In addition, if ever a label for me might be applicable... wait a day or two. Then try and find the new one that may, for a moment, be applicable.

My personal ethos is based on freedom, creativity and personal responsibility. I see the reality I am experiencing as a programmable quantum computational information processing system where competing world views are the fundamental interplay. So, as one who enjoys (and expresses) my freedom, I create with the rest in mind (exercising personal responsibility). Most of my work, now, is done in the subtle realms.

Just speaking for myself, Chester and of course, you certainly have the right to post it as many times as you like, I've already seen this propaganda and likely all that you intend to post. Not that I actually followed any links or watched any videos beyond 10 or 15 seconds.

Speaking of propaganda - At least now I remember why you are on my ignore list. I won't be clicking "view post" on yours anymore.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2022), Fred Steeves (2nd March 2022), Lord Sidious (2nd March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Have a great day today

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts

You call in propoganda, but didn't look at it properly?
    Gimme your grid coordinates.
    Listen for the sound of jet engines...............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chester (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2022), Fred Steeves (2nd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    Noooo... Are you out of cruise missiles again, Sidinugget?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    ok, no war here Mr. The Sid, I've had enough ...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Noooo... Are you out of cruise missiles again, Sidinugget?
    Uncle Vlad cut supply for some reason.

ok, no war here Mr. The Sid, I've had enough ...
    Yeah...................nah
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    Uncle Vlad cut supply for some reason.

Yeah...................nah
    well, in that case, you surely are not getting my grid numbers ... uh uh, no way ...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    I guess this guy is a big hit on PA and Tucker Carlson for his commentary on Putin/Ukraine:

Post-military career

Macgregor is the vice president of Burke-Macgregor, LLC, a consulting firm based in Reston, Virginia, and he appears as a guest commentator on television and radio. Macgregor has been a regular guest on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News program since 2017. When John Bolton was removed from the White House in 2019, Macgregor was one of five finalists under consideration for selection as President Trump's National Security Advisor.

In 2012, he challenged general James F. Amos' stance on the United States Marine Corps. Macgregor argued that the military capability and pertinence of the Marines, along with Army’s XVIII Airborne Corps, made them both "as relevant as the Army's horse cavalry in the 1930s". In 2014, he stated that U.S. Army is designed to benefit four-star generals, not brigade readiness.

In 2019, Lieutenant General Aviv Kochavi, Chief of the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) General Staff made MacGregor's 2003 book, Transformation under Fire, required reading for all officers in the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and above. On February 17, 2020, Macgregor traveled to Israel as a guest of the IDF Chief of Staff to meet with the IDF General Staff, and many of his senior officers to discuss General Kohavi's ongoing initiative to transform the IDF for future warfighting missions in the 21st century.

U.S. Ambassador to Germany nomination

On July 27, 2020, the White House announced Donald Trump's intent to nominate Macgregor as U.S. Ambassador to Germany. Following the announcement, Macgregor's history of controversial remarks received media attention. He has asserted that Muslim immigrants (referred to as "Muslim invaders") come to Europe "with the goal of eventually turning Europe into an Islamic state". Macgregor has argued that the German concept of Vergangenheitsbewältigung, used to cope with Germany's Nazi past and its atrocities during World War II, is a "sick mentality." Macgregor has also stated that martial law should be instituted on the U.S.-Mexico border and argued for the extrajudicial execution of those who cross the border at unofficial ports of entry. Macgregor has also made statements in support of Israel having defensible borders, the annexation of the Golan Heights, and the decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. In a column in The Washington Post he was described as "a racist crackpot who is pro-Russia, anti-Merkel, anti-Muslim and anti-Mexican." His nomination stalled in the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. On January 3, 2021, his nomination was returned to the President under Rule XXXI, Paragraph 6 of the United States Senate.

Senior Advisor to the Acting Secretary of Defense

On November 11, 2020, a Pentagon spokesperson announced that Macgregor had been hired to serve as senior advisor to the new Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller.

Maybe they've confused him with Douglas MacArthur

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022)

Thanks
    If this one has been posted here yet and I missed it, I will be glad to delete this post -

Ukraine On Fire - Oliver Stone documentary (2016)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfC7s1A1KjI

It's just a ride

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2022), Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Fred Steeves (3rd March 2022), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Thanks
    Sorry about posting this, I don't feel that it is impartial enough, but it seems at least to state indisputable facts and not so much opinion. But I didn't verify each one of them

December 17, 2020

International investigation into Ukraine war crimes is Kremlin’s worst nightmare
    By Dmytro Kuleba

In 2014, Russia tried to bring Ukraine to its knees. Moscow’s confidence was rooted in the old adage that victors are not judged. However, things did not go according to plan. Ukraine resisted and survived.

Russia’s failed blitzkrieg is now slowly becoming the Kremlin’s worst nightmare. On December 11, the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court in The Hague made an historic announcement. Prosecutors confirmed that they had found sufficient grounds to begin an official investigation into war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in Crimea and the Donbas since 2014. Victors may not be subject to judgment, but failed aggressors most certainly are.

To understand the importance of this ICC decision, we should look back to the early days of the conflict. When Russian President Vladimir Putin first took the decision to launch military aggression against Ukraine in early 2014, he must have been convinced it was going to be an easy ride. Ukraine had just gone through an exhausting revolution. Its army was in tatters. The country was penniless and in chaos.

The opportunistic Russian leadership acted swiftly, occupying Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula and igniting a war in the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine. At first, everything appeared to be going according to the Kremlin plan. It looked as though a “small victorious war” would soon end in Russia’s favor. Then something went wrong. Against all expectations, Ukraine fought back and managed to halt the Russian advance.

It was not only the Ukrainian army but also the people of Ukraine who resisted the Russian invasion in spring 2014. Tens of thousands of volunteer fighters took up arms to defend their country. Hundreds of thousands of civilian volunteers provided everything they needed, including even the most basic of military equipment. Together, they achieved the improbable feat of bringing Russia’s invasion to a standstill.

Today, the frontline remains much as it was in September 2014. Crimea and parts of the Donbas are still under Russian occupation. But were Crimea and the Donbas really the Kremlin’s primary war aims? Of course not. Moscow wanted to keep the entire country of Ukraine within its exclusive sphere of influence. In this regard, the war has been a clear failure.

Despite over six years of conflict, Ukraine has not changed the geopolitical course its people chose in 2014. Instead, the country continues to pursue policies of EU and NATO integration, with the ultimate goal of membership in both organizations.

Nor has Ukraine collapsed economically. Despite losing approximately 20% of GDP and 25% of the country’s industrial capacity due to Russian aggression, Ukraine has avoided any defaults and actually posted several consecutive years of economic growth prior to the coronavirus pandemic. Ukraine’s main trading partners are now the EU and China, with formerly dominant partner Russia reduced to fourth position behind China, Germany and Poland.

The toxic nature of Russia’s anti-Ukrainian propaganda is a further indication that Putin was not expecting a protracted conflict. Fake atrocity stories such as the notorious “crucified boy of Slovyansk” report broadcast by Russian TV in summer 2014 are high-impact propaganda tools but they come with a very short lifespan.

In reality, the entire Kremlin narrative of “Ukrainian nationalists” fighting a “civil war” against “Russian-speakers” in eastern Ukraine was only ever likely to be effective as a short-term smokescreen. No serious observers believe that a small region of Ukraine could be capable of fighting alone against the rest of the country for almost seven years without ever exhausting its supplies of ammunition, tanks, and military personnel. The only country still making such absurd claims is Russia itself.

While Putin’s war has relied on short-term tactics, Ukraine’s response has been methodical and results-oriented, with the long-term objective of bringing Russia to justice. This approach is now beginning to bear fruit.

The Ukrainian authorities and the country’s civil society have demonstrated impressive synergy in cooperating with the Office of the ICC Prosecutor. They jointly documented and submitted to The Hague ample evidence of crimes committed by the aggressor in occupied Crimea and in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of eastern Ukraine. This evidence was no doubt instrumental in last week’s ICC decision.

The fact that Ukraine has fully submitted to the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court confirms that it has nothing to hide and is fully committed to the principles of justice and the rule of law in international relations. Ukraine has demonstrated zero tolerance for international crimes and has shown a determination to exercise jurisdiction over them in all cases in accordance with the principle of complementarity that is foundational for international criminal justice.

While Ukraine is fully committed to playing its role in the fight against impunity, the majority of those responsible for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Ukraine are located abroad, mostly in the aggressor state. The deplorable but unsurprising lack of cooperation from the Russian Federation in prosecuting these crimes must not prevent the international community from demanding justice. Indeed, the ICC was created for exactly this kind of situation. Ukraine counts on the support of all states in its quest for justice.

The ICC move to launch an investigation is tremendously important for two key reasons.

Firstly, it shows that while international justice moves slowly, it is nevertheless inevitable. Take the example of the former Yugoslavia. It took decades to happen, but the perpetrators of war crimes in the Balkan wars of the 1990s did finally end up on trial. Justice will likewise prevail for crimes committed in the context of Russia’s armed aggression against Ukraine, and the perpetrators will face international prosecution.

Secondly, it demonstrates the price of Russian aggression against Ukraine, not only for the Kremlin leadership, but also for all their representatives and proxies.

As the ICC Prosecutor prepares to request a formal investigation, war crimes and crimes against humanity are still being committed in occupied Crimea and eastern Ukraine. As the occupying power, Russia continues to ignore its obligations. The annual reports of the ICC Prosecutor state loud and clear that this is the only correct legal interpretation of the situation. The ICC Prosecutor has also established evidence of direct attacks by Russia’s regular army against Ukraine in 2014, and continues to gather evidence of control exercised by the Russian Federation over the armed groups in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

The completion of the ICC’s preliminary examination serves as a reminder that national governments and international organisations should continue to call on the Russian Federation to observe international humanitarian law and cooperate fully with the ICC.

Since the ICC commenced its work in 2003, it has struggled to live up to the very high expectations vested in it. The ICC’s progress has so far been rather bumpy, but the prosecution of war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in the context of Russia’s war against Ukraine now gives the Court an opportunity to prove its vital importance to the cause of justice based on international law. The ICC must not miss this chance. Ukraine is fully committed to continuing its cooperation with the ICC in the fight against impunity.

Ukraine is convinced that no lasting peace is possible without holding to account those who are responsible for the gravest crimes. The international component of any post-war justice is vital to its success because the war in Ukraine is an act of aggression committed by the Russian Federation.

Six years ago, many in Moscow saw an opportunity for a “small victorious war” against Ukraine. Those who planned and launched this war expected to become heroes. Instead, they may receive the status of international war criminals. Rightly so.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022)

Thanks
    Impartial?
    He's the minister for foreign affairs of Ukraine.
    What would you expect him to say?
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd March 2022), Chris (3rd March 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    According to Canadian intelligence reports, China was supposed to launch an attack on Taiwan concurrent to the invasions of Ukraine (just as I suspected) to take advantage of the confusion and distraction caused by it. After seeing the Western reaction and the heavy-handed sanctions levelled on Russia, the changed their minds. For now. Presumably, they are waiting for the right moment to launch their attack and would prefer to choose a time when the West is the weakest and most distracted. It would be in their interest to wait until NATO gets bogged down in Europe and significant US resources are diverted from the Pacific to shore up Europe's Eastern Flank.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chi...utin-1.6370731

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd March 2022), Dreamtimer (3rd March 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd March 2022), Fred Steeves (3rd March 2022), Wind (4th March 2022)