Page 83 of 118 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1759

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 81,108 Times in 20,309 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    He'll take nukes if he can get them. Do you think Zelensky(y) is 'ordering, watching silently, or nixing' these crimes.
    I think Zelenskyy doesn't really care, as long as he gets to win that war somehow. Don't forget that he's incorporated those neo-Nazis of the Azov Battalion into the official Ukrainian military, and that he himself came to power by way of a coup against the democratically elected (but pro-Russian) president, Viktor Yanukovych.

What does that tell you about Volodomir Zelenskyy? It tells me quite a lot.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), Lord Sidious (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,178 Times in 11,953 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I think Zelenskyy doesn't really care, as long as he gets to win that war somehow. Don't forget that he's incorporated those neo-Nazis of the Azov Battalion into the official Ukrainian military, and that he himself came to power by way of a coup against the democratically elected (but pro-Russian) president, Viktor Yanukovych.

What does that tell you about Volodomir Zelenskyy? It tells me quite a lot.
    I haven't forgotten, but I've also quoted a story that stated when Ukraine became aware of the infiltration they made an ongoing attempt to remove that faction. Internal politics swings back and forth between democracy and autocracy (as so many alters are so oblivious to OR are they). Yanukovych raised his sword and came out swinging when Putin invaded Ukraine the last time a year ago. Zelensky(y) was just a byproduct of the process.

Did Ukraine give up nuclear weapons?
    Answer

When the Soviet Union broke up in 1991, there were thousands of former Soviet nuclear warheads, as well as hundreds of intercontinental ballistic missiles and bombers, left on Ukraine’s territory, which it decided to transfer to Russia. Ukraine never had an independent nuclear weapons arsenal, or control over these weapons, but agreed to remove former Soviet weapons stationed on its territory. In 1992, Ukraine signed the Lisbon Protocol and it joined the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty as a non-nuclear weapon state in 1994. The transfer of all nuclear material took some time, but by 2001, all nuclear weapons had been transferred to Russia to be dismantled and all launch silos decommissioned.

While some may ask if Russia would have invaded Ukraine if it still had Soviet nuclear weapons stationed on its territory, there is little convincing historical evidence that the possession or presence of nuclear weapons definitively prevents conflict, when many other variables may be considered, including the prohibition of the use of force under the UN Charter or even just luck. Even beyond this, it is not clear that Ukraine would have been able to take control of former Soviet nuclear weapons, technically or politically. What we do know is that the possession of nuclear weapons by Russia and the United States clearly has not prevented the threat of conflict between Russia and a U.S. ally or the potential humanitarian consequences of any conflict for civilians in the region.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Actually, Poland was the area that had the most enthusiastic holocaust crowd and they despised the Ukrainians and the Ukrainians despised them. Post WWII both countries with great ardor pursued ethnic cleansing. Poles out of Ukraine, Ukrainians out of Poland. Jews naturally were squished between the two. Now, Poles are intent on helping Ukraine.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Ukrainian Azov Battalion removed from Japan’s International Terrorists’ list

Azov Battalion service members

TOKYO: Japan’s Public Security Intelligence Agency removed the Ukrainian ultra-right, neo-Nazi Azov Battalion, which has been fighting the Russian-backed groups since 2014, from its International Terrorism Guide 2021 and apologized for having it on the list.

“We are writing to inform you that we have decided to delete the information (on Azov Battalion) from the International Terrorism Guide 2021 on the agency’s website to prevent the spread of (misinformation),” the agency on April 8, said in an update on its website.

“It is regrettable that such misinformation has been spread in some cases…The Public Security Intelligence Agency doesn’t recognize the Azov Regiment as a neo-Nazi organization.”

The agency further justified its knee-jerk change of position on its “International Terrorism Guide” by saying its previous position on Azov was based on a compilation of public information collected from various domestic and foreign reports and that it didn’t add its assessment, nor did it recognize the Azov Battalion as a neo-Nazi organization.

Azov Battalion was reportedly established as a military infantry unit made up of volunteers belonging to the far-right, neo-Nazi groups active in Ukraine. In November 2014, Azov recaptured the strategic port city of Mariupol from the pro-Russian groups.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said the “special military operation” against Ukraine has been to carry out, among other goals, the “denazification” of Ukraine, indirectly referring to Azov.

Some human rights organizations, such as the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Amnesty International, accused Azov of human rights violations.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Talking about nuance, The Young Turks has an interesting take on this. You're going to like this, Fred.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjC7YgF8rUA
    that was a wee shock for me, moving faster now than i realised

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Smiles , too much ?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Do you believe that shite, kiwinugget?
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (22nd February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Atm 72%, divine dictcottymies-ing make it easier though.

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Do you believe that shite, kiwinugget?
    Someone needs to slop the hogs.

The 'permission' angle/phrase is a distortion of protocols in a war zone, IMO.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2023), Aragorn (22nd February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Name:  Chinese Cartoon.jpeg
Views: 75
Size:  426.7 KB
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2023), Aragorn (22nd February 2023), modwiz (22nd February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Someone needs to slop the hogs.

The 'permission' angle/phrase is a distortion of protocols in a war zone, IMO.
    Well as it be secret, who knowshttps://clifhigh.substack.com/p/it-was-a-secret-war#details

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    No one forecasted Biden would fall out of his plane in Poland. But then again I guess we didn't need that forecast.

The whole "this is 5th dimensional chess game that Trump is winning" doesn't fit well if the entire chessboard has to be turned to ashes.

I will concede Biden makes far too few appearances when the situations merit it, like the border, and the OH rail car disaster, press interviews, and shows up at far too many with an entirely set of different facial features, voice, stance, gait and mannerisms. Usually in places we'd prefer him not to be.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2023), Aragorn (22nd February 2023), modwiz (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    No one forecasted Biden would fall out of his plane in Poland. But then again I guess we didn't need that forecast.

The whole "this is 5th dimensional chess game that Trump is winning" doesn't fit well if the entire chessboard has to be turned to ashes.

I will concede Biden makes far too few appearances when the situations merit it, like the border, and the OH rail car disaster, press interviews, and shows up at far too many with an entirely set of different facial features, voice, stance, gait and mannerisms. Usually in places we'd prefer him not to be.
    Really, I think Canada will be fine if Biden doesn't show up there. He has critical international issues to deal with, I would presume that someone is attending to Ohio? Different facial features? Beware of deep fakes that you will inevitably run into on the web.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2023), Aragorn (22nd February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,483 Times in 7,285 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Smiles , too much ?
    I was thinking if to remove or move this to the hoax bin, but I'll let it stay just for the sake of amusement.

Don't post that nonsense here again, we know that's not "intel". Q = LARP bullshit muddying the waters.
    Last edited by Wind, 25th February 2023 at 22:36.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2023), Aragorn (23rd February 2023), Fred Steeves (23rd February 2023), Lord Sidious (23rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Okay Wind. are you also saying the waters are not muddy ?.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)