Page 82 of 114 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1699

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I see. I'm still not going to post here in a while because too many accusations are hurling.

Guilty as charged though, I do get upset about injustices. Carry on.
    You're a good fellow, Wind.

The Shire is a small place and respecting each other is needed.

Slasher dolls excepted.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (20th February 2023), Wind (20th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    You're a good fellow, Wind.
    Well thanks, I appreciate that.

The Shire is a small place and respecting each other is needed.
    Indeed. We are all entitled to our opinions, views and beliefs. It just matters how those views are delivered.

Slasher dolls excepted.
    Now now, just let's all try to get along here.

You guys are the elders and thus wiser too I hope so you don't have to resort to the antics of the younger hot-headed folks.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (20th February 2023), modwiz (20th February 2023)

Thanks
    Nigel Farage, short and sweet with a touch of alarm.

I have concerns too.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSlhrKAtElA

And the Duran with their commentary about Biden's visit to Kiev and Putin's evil plot to let him know he was safe.

He kept his word, which is more evil.

Bad for the narrative.

Last edited by modwiz, 20th February 2023 at 22:36.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (20th February 2023), Wind (20th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Well you don't indeed see how much I do look at things. I don't buy only the msm narrative, isn't that clear yet?
    No, I'm sorry brother but it's not, and that's why I asked. I can only think of maybe a handful of times you posted a link that wasn't Western based propaganda, and Putin is almost always the object of your ire, right down to the very last post in question. Usually if something walks like a duck, talks like a duck and acts like a duck, then it's a duck. Sometimes it's not, but that's why the question needs to be asked for simple clarity.

But yeah, let's just not care about any of this and allow innocent people to be killed and murdered. Business as usual.
    This is exactly the type of comment that can lead one to assume you're a fan of "The Narrative". I myself have on occasion had tears in my eyes while posting here about this human tragedy. By stating "allow innocent people to be killed and murdered", certainly sounds, again, right in line with narrative in that it pre supposes the same old "Putin must be stopped!" Which falls right in line with said art work as he reflects upon his evilness.

I think I will stop posting here until something culminates later on because this discussion is not going anywhere.
    Don't do that. Stand tall when asked a question not to your liking, answer from the heart, and continue on. No need to walk away when one is sure of the solid foundation they're standing upon.

You think I don't brace myself from time to time to answer for some of the shit I post here? Sometimes it's well outside acceptable norms for even alt media, but I stand sure of myself to answer patiently for any of it, confident in the research done and where it came from. Could it be wrong? Sure, but we're never gonna know for sure if it remains unchallenged. I wish people would sometimes challenge it for just that purpose, let's hash it out just to be sure, but they don't for whatever reason.

This is the marketplace of ideas. If you're being so grossly understood, especially by more than one person, then maybe it's time to reassess your presentation because obviously, there's some disconnect.

Be glad you've now been alerted to this.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Lord Sidious (20th February 2023), modwiz (20th February 2023), Wind (20th February 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    No, I'm sorry brother but it's not, and that's why I asked. I can only think of maybe a handful of times you posted a link that wasn't Western based propaganda, and Putin is almost always the object of your ire, right down to the very last post in question. Usually if something walks like a duck, talks like a duck and acts like a duck, then it's a duck. Sometimes it's not, but that's why the question needs to be asked for simple clarity.
    I don't buy the msm narrative fully nor do I buy the alternative media narrative fully. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle and the ugly reality of war is real. I'm never in favor of the invader no matter what reasons there might be for it. That doesn't mean that I would either think that Ukraine has been innocent in this or that this wouldn't be an event caused by certain foolish actions from the Western faction, USA being it's leader. I have posted videos here from Chris Hedges and alike, sure I've posted news clips from BBC too and Vice. I have watched many of the videos you've posted and that smoking guy Gonzalo seems to make sense too. I don't actually disagree with many of the things presented here.

Which falls right in line with said art work as he reflects upon his evilness.
    I'm not sure if I would think that Putin is evil, but I make no qualms about the fact that I don't like him. He is a psychopath and they don't care about what happens to others. Does that make one evil? It's up for you to decide. I think he is just confused.

Here's something to watch too and of course for many of us it's nothing new.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u550Si9rNv4

I know it's not black and white in this case of course. If you stop Putin then Russia might just as well get another leader who is like him and not much if anything would change. This is just Cold War 2.0. Now it's a war with Ukraine, another day it will be something else. That is unless something happens to Russia or USA in the meantime. China is keenly observing all of this.

I find it alarming that the powers that be are more intent on continuing and escalating the war instead of cooling things down.

Don't do that. Stand tall when asked a question not to your liking, answer from the heart, and continue on. No need to walk away when one is sure of the solid foundation they're standing upon.
    Well here I am again answering and I often tell it like it is. Sometimes I hold back because I don't want to stir up things.

You think I don't brace myself from time to time to answer for some of the shit I post here? Sometimes it's well outside acceptable norms for even alt media, but I stand sure of myself to answer patiently for any of it, confident in the research done and where it came from. Could it be wrong? Sure, but we're never gonna know for sure if it remains unchallenged. I wish people would sometimes challenge it for just that purpose, let's hash it out just to be sure, but they don't for whatever reason.
    And kudos to you for that man.

This is the marketplace of ideas. If you're being so grossly understood, especially by more than one person, then maybe it's time to reassess your presentation because obviously, there's some disconnect.
    There might be disconnect with our views and that's fine.
    I try to keep myself educated about things and will update my views too.

There were lots of things I didn't know a year ago and now I know more.
    I'm not all-knowing and I research things to the best of my ability too.
    Last edited by Wind, 20th February 2023 at 23:55.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Well here I am again answering and I often tell it like it is. Sometimes I hold back because I don't want to stir up things.
    Stir things up the world needs that! Lay it out there man, that's what a discussion forum is for, if things get a little rough and tumble here and there (just as in real life) then so be it. Or at least that's how I look at it:

- Do the research.

- Give due diligence of thought and meditation.

- Develop an informed opinion

- Put it out there and see how many holes can be shot through it

- A form of peer review that's beneficial to all

Socrates

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Lord Sidious (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Did someone say Putler?

Update from Ukraine | Biden in Kyiv Big surprise for Putler | Ruzzia will lose the war

Smooth talking Denys gives Putler a bitch-slapping. At least the title alludes to it. I might have missed it.

I listen to this guy almost every day. Want to make sure to get different opinions.

Echoes of Baghdad Bob.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), Wind (21st February 2023)

Thanks

With that I mean Putler, Biden, Zelensky and all the other clown "leaders". Include Trump in that list too.
    All names above spelled correctly, but one.
    Putler

a word Ukrainians describe Vladimir Putin, the current president of Russia, who is behind the Russian aggression against Ukraine. It combines names of Putin and Hitler, describing the methods of the Russian president
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Putler

Socrates

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Mmmm from memory only one has been seen with nazi symbolism but carry on. oh yes, there is currently four narratives, lastest one being Q's n co's law of war 11.3 etc stuff and if one looks at the three phallic states, all kaput if one looks closely, london, washington, vaticant all out of order.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

modwiz (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Talking about nuance, The Young Turks has an interesting take on this. You're going to like this, Fred.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjC7YgF8rUA

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts
    I was referring to the artwork, in a reply to Fred.

No, Sir. Zelenskyy — at least, when referring to the Ukrainian president — should be spelled with a double "y", according to Wikipedia.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Talking about nuance, The Young Turks has an interesting take on this. You're going to like this, Fred.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjC7YgF8rUA
    Ha! Rare of me to agree with TYT, but besides that I don't really see much nuance in essentially pointing out the hypocrisy of "Russia bad - We good". The airing of that dirty laundry should actually be the seat of common sense in this whole matter. The raging question begs "what's wrong with this entire picture?"

The fate of humanity hangs in the balance in how that question is answered, or if it's ever even allowed up for consideration.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    No, Sir. Zelenskyy — at least, when referring to the Ukrainian president — should be spelled with a double "y", according to Wikipedia.
    Technically true, I've just recently discovered the double yy thing myself. However, missing the double yy, lives in an entirely different domain than that of the dog whistle depicting Putin as our latest Hitler in need of being exterminated:

With that I mean Putler, Biden, Zelensky and all the other clown "leaders". Include Trump in that list too.

Socrates

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Technically true, I've just recently discovered the double yy thing myself. However, missing the double yy, lives in an entirely different domain than that of the dog whistle depicting Putin as our latest Hitler in need of being exterminated:
    I would agree with that, albeit that, like Wind, I do not exactly see Vladimir Putin as a good or noble leader — likewise, I also have my criticisms regarding the man from Beijing, but he's not of the order now.

Putin is ex-FSB and was already quite well-known for his ruthlessness long before he became president. He serves the Russian oligarchs, and he also has the effect on his political opponents that they tend to fall out of windows or off of balconies, or that they end up with a radioactive substance in their blood when living abroad.

Yet, that said, I just read the gist of Putin's speech to the public in our local news media, and although said news media tend to follow the western narrative "no questions asked" — with one exception; see the paragraph below — I cannot disagree with Putin's words, in which he laid out what got this whole conflict started in the first place. He was telling the truth, and that is far more than can be said of any representative in the media for Washington D.C.

What our local news media did point out a while ago was that the Russians weren't the only ones committing crimes of war in this conflict. Evidence has been discovered of war crimes committed by the Ukrainian military as well. So much for "accidental hero" Zelenskyy's shiny reputation. It also baffles me that nobody considers him the least bit ungrateful when the western powers are donating all they can to Ukraine — at the expense of our local populations, because it's our tax money that pays for all of that — and the dude keeps on asking for even more weapons. He wanted tanks, they got him tanks, and instead of saying "thank you", now he wants jet fighters. What's next, is he going to want nukes too?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Fred Steeves (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023), Wind (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    The correct spelling is scumbag..............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), modwiz (21st February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I would agree with that, albeit that, like Wind, I do not exactly see Vladimir Putin as a good or noble leader — likewise, I also have my criticisms regarding the man from Beijing, but he's not of the order now.

Putin is ex-FSB and was already quite well-known for his ruthlessness long before he became president. He serves the Russian oligarchs, and he also has the effect on his political opponents that they tend to fall out of windows or off of balconies, or that they end up with a radioactive substance in their blood when living abroad.

Yet, that said, I just read the gist of Putin's speech to the public in our local news media, and although said news media tend to follow the western narrative "no questions asked" — with one exception; see the paragraph below — I cannot disagree with Putin's words, in which he laid out what got this whole conflict started in the first place. He was telling the truth, and that is far more than can be said of any representative in the media for Washington D.C.

What our local news media did point out a while ago was that the Russians weren't the only ones committing crimes of war in this conflict. Evidence has been discovered of war crimes committed by the Ukrainian military as well. So much for "accidental hero" Zelenskyy's shiny reputation. It also baffles me that nobody considers him the least bit ungrateful when the western powers are donating all they can to Ukraine — at the expense of our local populations, because it's our tax money that pays for all of that — and the dude keeps on asking for even more weapons. He wanted tanks, they got him tanks, and instead of saying "thank you", now he wants jet fighters. What's next, is he going to want nukes too?
    He'll take nukes if he can get them. Do you think Zelensky(y) is 'ordering, watching silently, or nixing' these crimes. My money says nixing for Zelensky(y) and ordering for Putin. Absolutely, that is all Putin knows, Zelensky(y) has wayyy to much to lose in this game.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st February 2023), Aragorn (21st February 2023), Wind (23rd February 2023)