Page 73 of 114 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1699

Thread: World War Three

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Whilst that is indeed true, consider that without all of the meddling and warmongering, the planet could and would recover sooner, rather than later.
    And that's a good thing......................
    Maybe. And it would be a good thing. Best case scenario if the opportunity left by the vacancy America leaves is seized on.

If not it could result in the rise of some other meddling war mongering nation entity. The collapse of the British Empire didn't do much for the world. It did a lot for America though. What did the fall of the Nazi's result in. Nazis dispersing all over the world.

But I prefer a more optimistic outlook myself that struggles with reality check even if people call it hopium.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Fred Steeves (2nd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023), Wind (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Although America has always the interest to dominate the rest of the world, many Americans seem to forget that there exists a whole world outside of it, such as Europe and Asia, etc. If America will collapse then it will happen through it's inner insane division between it's people. The worst option would be the one which is a world war with nukes flying. A global war could still potentially be "handled" only if no nukes were involved, but otherwise it's game over for most of the people. Now that would be a pretty pathetic culmination for the human species soap opera. I don't really see it happening, but these crumbling empires are fighting each other. Then there might be another corrupt top dog after it. China isn't what you want as your overlord, neither Russia in it's current state.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd February 2023), Fred Steeves (2nd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    but these crumbling empires are fighting each other.
    Who are these crumbling empires besides the U.S.? I only see other rising powers, and that's ultimately what this is all about, stopping their inevitable rise. Equivalent to stopping the leaves from sprouting out come spring, a fool's errand.

China isn't what you want as your overlord, neither Russia in it's current state.
    Here's the thing though. Look at their history (besides the Soviet Union which this is not) , look at their present actions, and point to where you see signs of the next "Manifest Destiny" great power.

There's a saying I heard recently, and it looks rather appropriate from the point of view of up and coming nations: "when you deal with the U.S. you get a list of demands; when you deal with China you get a hospital".

Certainly these other great powers want their deserved positions in the world; but I do believe a humbled Uncle Sam under new and improved leadership would eventually be welcomed as an equal partner in this fledgling multipolar world.

Not that these people are saints; but conducting great power business, is their business. That business model doesn't necessarily include being a ruthless, psychotic hegemon.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023), Wind (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Who are these crumbling empires besides the U.S.? I only see other rising powers, and that's ultimately what this is all about, stopping their inevitable rise. Equivalent to stopping the leaves from sprouting out come spring, a fool's errand.
    Well, perhaps Russia is not a true Empire, but it's not doing well.

USA doesn't have many contesters, only China and Russia together pose a proper threat to it.

The problem is as discussed before, USA doesn't want to lose it's power. It fights tooth and nail for it.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd February 2023), Fred Steeves (2nd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Well, perhaps Russia is not a true Empire, but it's not doing well.
    It wasn't doing so well, but now it is as Wile E. Coyote's antics continue to backfire. Russia is a great power and getting stronger.

USA doesn't have many contesters, only China and Russia together pose a proper threat to it.
    There's other up and comers, India would be next on the list as they're content to lay low for the time being.

The problem is as discussed before, USA doesn't want to lose it's power. It fights tooth and nail for it.
    True, but it's going to lose that last desperate grip regardless, one way or the other. The history books are being rewritten as we speak.

Socrates

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023), Wind (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Russia is a great power and getting stronger.
    How do you see that happening?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Although America has always the interest to dominate the rest of the world, many Americans seem to forget that there exists a whole world outside of it, such as Europe and Asia, etc. If America will collapse then it will happen through it's inner insane division between it's people. The worst option would be the one which is a world war with nukes flying. A global war could still potentially be "handled" only if no nukes were involved, but otherwise it's game over for most of the people. Now that would be a pretty pathetic culmination for the human species soap opera. I don't really see it happening, but these crumbling empires are fighting each other. Then there might be another corrupt top dog after it. China isn't what you want as your overlord, neither Russia in it's current state.
    Americans in general and with some * exceptions tend to mind their own business. Only like 12 percent travel abroad. More Americans are exposed to other nations just by social media which is fine but it's not really the same as living in that culture or directly interreacting with it. And most people I know who have traveled from abroad to America tend to find Americans friendly and interested once they are here. I know people from abroad who traveled to America expecting to depart their plane into a hail of gunfire because America is portrayed as one big Wild West shoot out but found out that its really just big cities that are like that. But they find its not like that in the forgotten part of America that you never see on TV. Middle America. That huge area between the coastal regions. People abroad get exposed to the coastal states nonsense, DC, NYC, and Hollywood propaganda. Middle America is vastly different with varying cultures and where their pre American cultural identities remembered.

Cities in America get the most exposure and honestly they are dung piles compared to cities of equal size in Europe.

Just like I never know what's going on in the Midlands of England or Ireland. The Crown, crown, and London are well represented but I doubt that represents middle England. That's all I am exposed to though unless I go digging for it.

Most people in America and those abroad are entirely unaware our eugenics programs in America during the time leading up to the 30's and afterwards were as bad or perhaps worse than the ones that allegedly happened in Germany. I mean worse in terms of despite not having concentration camps our eugenics programs are carried out covertly in public and for public safety and health. All for good intentions. And self admittedly to get rid of undesirable people.

We as a people are practically obligated to mind our own business. Except perversely we aren't minding our own business. We haven't been in a long time. Being the powers of the government is supposed to be our business, which means restricting it. A concept that is called the consent of the governed. The entire point of America was sort of a place to mind your own business. we have a demographic who thinks its fine and noble to serve your nation. And it is. Problem is they are minding US guv and corporate interests overseas, not the interests of the nation and its people here on home soil.

The *exception people generally don't involve themselves unless directed by the TV set or media then they are armchair quarterbacks involved in deciding what should other nations they know nothing about should do or be dealt with. Usually for reasons of virtue signaling. I stand with a nation that I can't find on the map! I'm doing my duty for world peace by slapping a flag on my social media page. This just empowers the corrupt power brokers.

And America as a society is collapsing from inside out. It's been happening for decades. The concept of Western democracy was supposed to be the majority gets to choose; it doesn't get to rule. It's just now more apparent that an insane element has taken over society by thinking they are a majority and really they aren't.

We have a demographic in America who is busily concerned with gun control and eliminating guns in America but thinks a nuclear exchange is a good idea. WTF? Plenty of Americans not only think its a NOT good idea they think these Americans who really are just American idiots are a minority that the media portrays as a majority. Those same people can be found micromanaging the lives of others where everything an ordinary person does is subject to censorship, resistance and criticism over trivial shit. Toxic democracy.

This isn't a majority. It's idiots who have taken a cue from media and get sensationalized by and in the media. The majority of Americans think a nuclear exchange an insane idea for obvious reasons but they aren't here to tell the tale and no one will listen to them anyway. It's not sensational enough and it doesn't bring in ratings for tabloid journalism. Nothing done in Middle America is worthy enough to be broadcast oversees.

I don't know how much good it will serve other nations if the population in America collapses under its own batshit. I sometimes think its a good thing because we won't be giving consent by silence, inertia, or giving consent to crazy ideas like nuclear weapons exchanges. Sorry for the brutality, the worst of the American element population will get weeded out and people with more common sense will survive a collapse. Mostly people in forgotten Middle America. But I don't know if those people will get busy minding whatever government rises in the wake of post apocalypse America. I doubt it.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023), Wind (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Ukrainians are claiming that Russians might launch a major new attack in three weeks time, around the anniversary of the invasion. If true and Russia has 300-500k soldiers on the eastern Ukrainian border then that would ensue quite the bloodbath. Unless Russia stalls the attack then the tanks won't be getting there in time either. Russia has the numbers and Ukraine the equipment, but still would need more. Who knows how it all will turn out, I guess we will see soon enough. At least by summer a lot might have happened.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Wag the Dog is very much part of this imo, just how much ?, watching the film allows one a real hoot nowadays, especialllly as as some peoples say, your watching a movie so please comprehend your surrounds of probs reacts n sols
    Last edited by Wind, 3rd February 2023 at 16:26.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023)

Thanks
    Russia is a great power and getting stronger.
    How do you see that happening?
    - Many ways. Like China, so far as trade is concerned they're gaining a lot of respect in developing markets like Africa, the Middle East, Latin America.

- They're a major player in BRICS, which is coming into its own as the dollar fades.

- They have what the US used to have, a solid industrial base capable of sustaining a major ground war. Against anyone.

- They've stood up to the Unites States bullying, taken everything they have to throw at her, and they haven't flinched. Just think about that. Think about all the smaller countries that have been bullied and continuously taken advantage of by Uncle Sam over time, having no choice but to smile while bending over and taking the high hard one; how would you feel if you were them, watching the schoolyard bully getting stood up to and not being able to do any damn thing about it but flail around kicking and screaming?

If you're one of those smaller countries, for so long just wanting to get a fair shake, which one are you now tending to hitch your team of horses up with at this point?

- They're partnered up with China, both out of mutual necessity. That's a powerful combination, and the non Western world is beginning to lean their way.

Russia has the numbers and Ukraine the equipment, but still would need more.
    Russia has the numbers, and the equipment, that's why Zelensky is kicking and screaming for more more more every time you turn around. Their original army, built up for 8 years in preparation for this, has already been defeated. This is like some Frankenstein/zombie army they're fighting.

Who knows how it all will turn out, I guess we will see soon enough.
    Hell man it's already over, just a matter of time. The only big question is will the US neocons allow that to happen without taking the stakes all the way up to WW3.

Socrates

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2023), Aragorn (2nd February 2023), Diabolical Boids (3rd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), modwiz (2nd February 2023), Wind (3rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Maybe. And it would be a good thing. Best case scenario if the opportunity left by the vacancy America leaves is seized on.
    No one else has the resources to take the opportunity though.

If not it could result in the rise of some other meddling war mongering nation entity. The collapse of the British Empire didn't do much for the world. It did a lot for America though. What did the fall of the Nazi's result in. Nazis dispersing all over the world.

But I prefer a more optimistic outlook myself that struggles with reality check even if people call it hopium.
    America IS the british empire. The whole thing, known as 5 eyes, is actually the anglo saxon empire.
    Nothing wrong with hope.
    I had Hope once.
    But then her husband came home early and I had to GTFO fast.
    After that, all hope was lost.............

If America will collapse then it will happen through it's inner insane division between it's people.
    WHEN it collapses, it will be because of finances, not any other single reason.
    The rest is a distraction for the nuggets............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd February 2023), Aragorn (3rd February 2023), Diabolical Boids (3rd February 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd February 2023), Wind (3rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Lord Sidious;842053926]No one else has the resources to take the opportunity though.
    You don't think China has those resources. Or Russian and Chinese alliance? Or a Brics alliance.
    Or

We don't have any resources anymore but we've managed to keep a stranglehold on the world in spite of that.

America IS the British empire. The whole thing, known as 5 eyes, is actually the anglo saxon empire.
    Sure. I get you. But the fall of the British Empire still didn't do much good if just went underground and reemerged as the American Empire. With Nazis.

Nothing wrong with hope.
    I had Hope once.
    But then her husband came home early and I had to GTFO fast.
    After that, all hope was lost.............
    There's always hope that can happen again. I'm sure you will be able to rise faster than America will

WHEN it collapses, it will be because of finances, not any other single reason.
    The rest is a distraction for the nuggets............
    Every collapse is precursor-ed by a collapse in society however it may occur and hyperinflation. We are borrowing from the Fed and no one is buying our debt. China doesn't have to anymore, it more than has its foot in the door here. Even the optics of populated areas of America look like the Soviet Union as it approached its collapse. Broken infrastructure, old grey industrialized seedy brutalistic buildings.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd February 2023), Aragorn (3rd February 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), Wind (3rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    You don't think China has those resources. Or Russian and Chinese alliance? Or a Brics alliance.
    Or

We don't have any resources anymore but we've managed to keep a stranglehold on the world in spite of that.
    Nope, no other nation or alliance can field the same sized war machine at this point.
    You got any idea what 1 carrier battle group costs?

Sure. I get you. But the fall of the British Empire still didn't do much good if just went underground and reemerged as the American Empire. With Nazis.
    Even worse than that, the brits have a veto on the security council of the UN, but they also control up to 20% of the votes in the general assembly, not just their own.

Every collapse is precursor-ed by a collapse in society however it may occur and hyperinflation. We are borrowing from the Fed and no one is buying our debt. China doesn't have to anymore, it more than has its foot in the door here. Even the optics of populated areas of America look like the Soviet Union as it approached its collapse. Broken infrastructure, old grey industrialized seedy brutalistic buildings.
    See, when the war comes, China and Russia can win on day one.
    All they do is demand that the us government bonds they hold be honoured.
    When they aren't, they inform the world, the us dollar dies and that's the end of the game................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd February 2023), Aragorn (3rd February 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd February 2023), Wind (3rd February 2023)

Thanks
    If other nations don't have resources to fill the void why is the US always pilfering in other nations for their resources?

The biggest resource America has right now is the cooperation of the West. The British Empire began to collapse when nations began pulling out of the empire. India, etc. The days of old nobility running the show in the UK came in the advance of that. By design or accident. It seems like the fastest way to end the American empire would for the UK, Poland, Australia to retract from the empire? If history serves as a primer.

It sounds like a confidence game. Like the US dollar. The western alliance has no monetary value, just the confidence invested in it. A con game. They are called proxy nations for a reason. Did we get there because we were already part of the Empire before we became the Empire? I know our military installations in Europe are not because of an invasion--that would have hit the news some, somewhere. I find it hard to believe we invaded Poland militarily and no one objected. They are joint operations. We are there with the agreement of the host nation. The leases are hugely profitable to the host nation. That's the only value I see. Having an American army in your nation ready to defend it may have had some value decades back but not now.

We can blame America the geographic location when America is all over the place in the West; just not within the confines of the fifty states. I guess that could be a distraction for nuggets too. And admitting you live in America while inhabiting a flat on a cobbled street in a 400-year-old building with a pub in the lobby, and having with tea, scones, blood pudding for brekkie might be a little hard to swallow but isn't that is that is what is being said when referring to proxy nations of the west? Without actually coming out and saying it. You live in America now.

I know the UK and Germany are mirroring the economic collapse America the geographic location is . I haven't heard much about Australia situation is like.

I know other nations in the west are mirroring the economic fall the US has. But they aren't undergoing some sort of sociological collapse as well?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd February 2023), Aragorn (3rd February 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023), Wind (3rd February 2023)

Thanks
    Lord Sidious;842053929]Nope, no other nation or alliance can field the same sized war machine at this point.
    You got any idea what 1 carrier battle group costs?
    Having lived in the US all my life I have some idea since I allegedly paid for stuff like that I am bit aware of their cost, chuckle chuckle. I'm wondering where it all goes to now.

And we could have all the toys that money and technology can buy. We might be fooling some of the world, but we aren't fooling China or Russia or even the Ukraine. Our military is in shambles. We could build all the toys needed but who is going to man them if I may be so politically incorrect to say so.

Our visible build is sold elsewhere, not stockpiled for home defense or for an earnest hot conflict invasion. We haven't had a hot conflict since the Gulf War and have been reducing the military machine ever since. We've closed military installations all over the nation. We haven't built a carrier since 2017. The tank plant near my home hasn't increased production and it was only churning out a couple of tanks a year before all this started. Now that we are allegedly sending in tanks to the Ukraine, you'd think production would ramp up, to replace those sent. Nope.

Russia knows how woeful our military is. So does China. Especially since it's degraded drastically over the last two years due to vaccine mandates and wokeness. China and Russia haven't experienced a sudden decay of its military mores or hardware. Discipline, battle readiness, physically and mentally fit to serve. Standards have fallen here. Those able and battle ready don't want to enlist with people who aren't mentally able or battle ready. Our military is aware of how woeful it is. Battle ready means mean toxic masculinity now.

https://thepostmillennial.com/navy-i...raining-report

The Ukraine knows this. The Ukraine complains about the quality of volunteers arriving there from the US. Calls them war tourists. Why do we need to send in volunteers if we are so up to snuff? We aren't. The first round that left to volunteer came back crying unaware there was a war going on. Virtue signalers that realized it wasn't an RPG. There is a reason that seasoned veterans are trickling over there. It's not just to keep up the appearance of US nonintervention. Russia would hand our ass to us. There is no doubt China would. But seasoned veterans make more sense because they are battle ready in a way our military now is not. Equally they complain about the lack of weapons in the Ukraine. All those billions spent and the Ukraine doesn't have arms or ammo to distribute to it's volunteers? Arms and ammo are cheap compared to aircraft carriers and tanks.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...s-ukraine.html

Maybe we can struggle along with technological and digital remote wars or biological wars but our conventional boots on the ground, ships at sea military is shit. It's riding on its laurels and Top Gun propaganda apparently. And every honest veteran in the US will tell you the same. The American war machine seems to be convincing propaganda, but it hasn't convinced Russia or even the Ukraine.

S
    ee, when the war comes, China and Russia can win on day one.
    Lol. Yes they will. We have a shite military. And then there won't be any resources to prop it up.

All they do is demand that the us government bonds they hold be honoured.
    That will happen when the Minsk agreement is honored.

I don't know they will inform the world. The world will know well before the US admits they can't honor the bonds. It will still be churning out pro US propaganda and claim that its inability to honor bonds are lies made up by other nations. People who hate our freedoms!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd February 2023), Aragorn (3rd February 2023), Fred Steeves (3rd February 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd February 2023)