Page 1 of 114 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts

World War Three

I've been putting off starting this thread for a while now, however the beating of war drums has been relentless lately and growing ever louder.

There is no doubt in my mind that the 2020s will see a major war between the US and China, as well as their major allies.

China's aggressive stance is unmistakable and there are several signs, that they are gearing up for war and just waiting for the right opportunity to present itself. As the below retired Australian general points out, they will have to take out US bases in Guam and Japan, before they can have any hope of a successful Amphibious assault on Taiwan.

That would probably draw NATO, the rest of the Western Alliance (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, possibly the Phillippines, Vietnam and India) into the war, with China's SCO allies (Russia, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea the "Stans") providing at least material and ideological support to Chinese forces. It might be a replay, or a global version of the Korean War, but with China in a much better position vis-a-vis the United States, and that conflict ended in a stalemate.

Note, that China has already threatened the Australian mainland with rocket attacks, which didn't even break the news here. This is as serious a situation in terms of global tensions as I have ever seen.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2021), Dreamtimer (14th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th June 2021), Malisa (14th June 2021), Silly Wabbit (14th June 2021), Wind (14th June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Anything is possible, including WW3. Are there high chances for it during the next few years? Probably not. In the next few decades? Maybe, you just never really know in what direction things might go. Chaos and violence seem to go hand in hand with humanity though, but WW3 would be a war without winners so I don't think that's something anyone wants to see, including the worst warhawks and neocons. There would have to be some really unfortunate catalyst for that to ever happen.

I think smaller conflicts are certainly almost inevitable, but it's a different thing if they would escalate into wars. For example the last conflict between Israel and Palestine wasn't war, it was just slaughter. China really seems to want to invade Taiwan and if that would happen then would USA intervene and would that lead to bigger conflicts? Perhaps. China is a fascist, dictatorial state, but they're not stupid or suicidal there either. I think the "war" is fought on different levels now, including the economical one.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2021), Chris (14th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th June 2021), Malisa (14th June 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    The following countries will not side with the US

France
    Italy
    Germany
    All of Afrikans
    The Phillippines, India, Brazil (as much as it may be a surprise to you) and if you know military strategy, you know why those matter a lot
    Most of Latin America (but everyone knows that and why)

That war won't happen, because no country these days, could be able to recover from that in 100 years, and all the advantage taken the past decades would be completely lost for China, they have a very different plan about how to deal with the US

Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I've been putting off starting this thread for a while now, however the beating of war drums has been relentless lately and growing ever louder.

There is no doubt in my mind that the 2020s will see a major war between the US and China, as well as their major allies.

China's aggressive stance is unmistakable and there are several signs, that they are gearing up for war and just waiting for the right opportunity to present itself. As the below retired Australian general points out, they will have to take out US bases in Guam and Japan, before they can have any hope of a successful Amphibious assault on Taiwan.

That would probably draw NATO, the rest of the Western Alliance (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, possibly the Phillippines, Vietnam and India) into the war, with China's SCO allies (Russia, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea the "Stans") providing at least material and ideological support to Chinese forces. It might be a replay, or a global version of the Korean War, but with China in a much better position vis-a-vis the United States, and that conflict ended in a stalemate.

Note, that China has already threatened the Australian mainland with rocket attacks, which didn't even break the news here. This is as serious a situation in terms of global tensions as I have ever seen.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2021), Chris (14th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th June 2021), Lord Sidious (14th June 2021), Wind (14th June 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Malisa View Post
    The following countries will not side with the US

France
    Italy
    Germany
    All of Afrikans
    The Phillippines, India, Brazil (as much as it may be a surprise to you) and if you know military strategy, you know why those matter a lot
    Most of Latin America (but everyone knows that and why)

That war won't happen, because no country these days, could be able to recover from that in 100 years, and all the advantage taken the past decades would be completely lost for China, they have a very different plan about how to deal with the US
    If China were to bomb Guam, as suggested by the Aussie general in the first video, all NATO countries (including my own), would be obliged to enter the war on the United States's side. It is part of the NATO charter.

Now, if only Japanese or Korean bases were bombed, that is different, because they are not on US soil, but some NATO countries and other allies, would still assist the US, notably Australia and Japan, with the rest militarily not that important.

I'm not sure what the situation is with the SCO, but I don't believe Russia would be obliged to enter the war on China's side if it was somehow made out to be NATO's fault, that war between China and the USA broke out. I believe Putin would probably stay out of any direct conflict with the US, but they would provide material and intelligence support to China and North Korea, just as they did during the Korean war. The danger here, is that a regional war can quickly escalate and become a worldwide conflict, without anyone intending it, as has happened during both world wars.

BTW, my country was responsible for starting world war 1 and nobody here at the time could have guessed that it would lead to two global conflicts and a cold war, killing tens of millions. All we wanted to do was punish uppity little Serbia for assassinating our archduke, the Heir to the Austro-Hungarian crown. Everybody thought it would be a short war, with much glory and little cost. A century later, we still haven't recovered from the consequences of that conflict and maybe never will.

The moral of the story is, that a small or regional conflict can turn global very quickly, all is needed is global alliances, as we now actually have, so the chess pieces have certainly already been placed on the board.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th June 2021), Wind (14th June 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Anything is possible, including WW3. Are there high chances for it during the next few years? Probably not. In the next few decades? Maybe, you just never really know in what direction things might go. Chaos and violence seem to go hand in hand with humanity though, but WW3 would be a war without winners so I don't think that's something anyone wants to see, including the worst warhawks and neocons. There would have to be some really unfortunate catalyst for that to ever happen.

I think smaller conflicts are certainly almost inevitable, but it's a different thing if they would escalate into wars. For example the last conflict between Israel and Palestine wasn't war, it was just slaughter. China really seems to want to invade Taiwan and if that would happen then would USA intervene and would that lead to bigger conflicts? Perhaps. China is a fascist, dictatorial state, but they're not stupid or suicidal there either. I think the "war" is fought on different levels now, including the economical one.
    The real danger, as the general has pointed out, is a Pearl-Harbour like surprise attack, taking out US airbases, so they cannot cover Taiwan, whilst it tries to defend itself from a PRC amphibious assault. Another thing to consider, is that US aircraft carriers cannot actually get close enough to Taiwan to be of any help, because the latest Chinese cruise missiles could easily sink them, rendering them effectively useless. We know since the Falklands war, that ship-killing missiles are a huge threat to aircraft carriers. If it wasn't for the French giving the command codes of the Exocet missiles they sold to Argentina (apparently Thatcher threatened to Nuke Argentina, if they didn't), to the Brits, they could have sank most of the British fleet.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th June 2021), Wind (14th June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts

If you believe those clowns in the video, I'm selling a large bridge, coat hanger deal, in Sydney.
    Those two are ''conservative'' politicans in the vein of trumplestiltskin, johnson and the other war monger scum.
    I see China making defensive preparations for when the anglo saxon empire (may piss be upon it) finally starts the next war with China.
    You know they have attacked China many times, yes?
    As for australia, a pimple on the arse of an elephant that talks like a superpower.
    The entire ADF is equal to a balloon full of hydrogen and a cigarette lighter...........
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    The end game of China is to bankrupt the US, by causing them to over spend thinking war is coming next week, and making people believe it so much the government will follow and then they will focus so much on that they will fail to keep the people happy, because "it's the the best and the greater good"

It has happened before, history is not just there for nothing :P

And i mean the USSR last days, this tactic was used by the US on the USSR before, and it worked, so funny now it's being used by China in the same way, and it's working...

If China were to bomb Guam, as suggested by the Aussie general in the first video, all NATO countries (including my own), would be obliged to enter the war on the United States's side. It is part of the NATO charter.

Now, if only Japanese or Korean bases were bombed, that is different, because they are not on US soil, but some NATO countries and other allies, would still assist the US, notably Australia and Japan, with the rest militarily not that important.

I'm not sure what the situation is with the SCO, but I don't believe Russia would be obliged to enter the war on China's side if it was somehow made out to be NATO's fault, that war between China and the USA broke out. I believe Putin would probably stay out of any direct conflict with the US, but they would provide material and intelligence support to China and North Korea, just as they did during the Korean war. The danger here, is that a regional war can quickly escalate and become a worldwide conflict, without anyone intending it, as has happened during both world wars.

BTW, my country was responsible for starting world war 1 and nobody here at the time could have guessed that it would lead to two global conflicts and a cold war, killing tens of millions. All we wanted to do was punish uppity little Serbia for assassinating our archduke, the Heir to the Austro-Hungarian crown. Everybody thought it would be a short war, with much glory and little cost. A century later, we still haven't recovered from the consequences of that conflict and maybe never will.

The moral of the story is, that a small or regional conflict can turn global very quickly, all is needed is global alliances, as we now actually have, so the chess pieces have certainly already been placed on the board.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th June 2021), Lord Sidious (15th June 2021), Wind (14th June 2021), Zebowho (30th September 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Malisa View Post
    The end game of China is to bankrupt the US, by causing them to over spend thinking war is coming next week, and making people believe it so much the government will follow and then they will focus so much on that they will fail to keep the people happy, because "it's the the best and the greater good"

It has happened before, history is not just there for nothing :P

And i mean the USSR last days, this tactic was used by the US on the USSR before, and it worked, so funny now it's being used by China in the same way, and it's working...
    Actually, the end game for China is pretty clear, it is global conquest, they want "Lebensraum" for their huge populace. We know from leaked military and CCP documents, that their eventual aim is to conquer North America and Australia, as these are the only places left that can handle a large influx of settlers. Frankly, I don't think Russia is safe either, that large, empty expanse full of natural resources, right across their border sure seems tempting. This is obviously more of a long-term aim, but China is now increasingly behaving like European colonial powers did during their period of expansion. This will inevitably lead to armed conflict with the current global hegemon, the US.

Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    If you believe those clowns in the video, I'm selling a large bridge, coat hanger deal, in Sydney.
    Those two are ''conservative'' politicans in the vein of trumplestiltskin, johnson and the other war monger scum.
    I see China making defensive preparations for when the anglo saxon empire (may piss be upon it) finally starts the next war with China.
    You know they have attacked China many times, yes?
    As for australia, a pimple on the arse of an elephant that talks like a superpower.
    The entire ADF is equal to a balloon full of hydrogen and a cigarette lighter...........
    That's just one video I posted to get the conversation started. Over the past couple of years I have come across hundreds of articles and videos with this same theme and the past few months in particular have seen tensions rise even further, with China even practicing amphibious assaults in preparation for a coming invasion of Taiwan and threatening Australia with rocket attacks.

I would take the CCP at their word, they're clearly up to something.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (15th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I think the globe is moving beyond world conquest. Old ways die hard, the battle is more economic now and the 'capitalism' instinct is ugly but not as ugly as the hunting tiger.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I don't think we need China's help when it comes to over spending.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (15th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    I think the globe is moving beyond world conquest. Old ways die hard, the battle is more economic now and the 'capitalism' instinct is ugly but not as ugly as the hunting tiger.
    You completely misunderstand the CCP.

It doesn't matter where the rest of the world is going, the Chinese communists are just as much a threat to world peace as the Imperial Japanese or the Germans were during the previous two wars.

Remember the lead up to Pearl Harbour. I think that sort of surprise attack, fuelled by nationalist hubris, is very much on the cards. It wont matter what the rest of the world wants, it's enough for one major power to want war, then we will have war, whether we like it or not.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I don't think we need China's help when it comes to over spending.
    Like I said many times, the US can't actually go bankrupt whilst it can continue printing the world reserve currency. There was perhaps a chance a couple of years ago that the rest of the world would come together and introduce a new reserve currency bypassing the US, but with the rest of the world now reliant on the US military to keep China at bay, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Inflation however has become a global problem, precisely because of US overspending and money printing. I can see the massive stress in the supply chain, with a lot of freshly printed dollars chasing a reduced supply of goods, leading to massive price increases across the board. It seems that instead of going bankrupt, what we will have is plenty of money that is worthless.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Dreamtimer (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (15th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    In the end, that's not much of a difference.

Our internal divisive strife is parallel. It doesn't matter if 'one side' wants war. The other does. They've been waging it already. And they continue. And they're speaking more openly about it. If our internal divisions reach a real civil war, the other world powers will pounce on the opportunity.

Our instability can be increased vastly without military strikes. Cyberwar is already underway in many arenas. Currency, power systems, social media, corrupt politicians letting it slip by...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Chris (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (17th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    A pretty reasonable scenario on how WW3 could play out. The chess pieces are already in place.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Dreamtimer (17th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (17th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    You completely misunderstand the CCP.

It doesn't matter where the rest of the world is going, the Chinese communists are just as much a threat to world peace as the Imperial Japanese or the Germans were during the previous two wars.

Remember the lead up to Pearl Harbour. I think that sort of surprise attack, fuelled by nationalist hubris, is very much on the cards. It wont matter what the rest of the world wants, it's enough for one major power to want war, then we will have war, whether we like it or not.
    Maybe, but when was that philosophy originally laid out and has there ever been a course correction? I would think, yes ...

Like I said many times, the US can't actually go bankrupt whilst it can continue printing the world reserve currency. There was perhaps a chance a couple of years ago that the rest of the world would come together and introduce a new reserve currency bypassing the US, but with the rest of the world now reliant on the US military to keep China at bay, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Inflation however has become a global problem, precisely because of US overspending and money printing. I can see the massive stress in the supply chain, with a lot of freshly printed dollars chasing a reduced supply of goods, leading to massive price increases across the board. It seems that instead of going bankrupt, what we will have is plenty of money that is worthless.
    Pro Biden economists or Anti-The Golden One's are predicting a glitch in the matrix that will repair itself in order. Not that I don't have faith in your ability to make a good call Chris ... hopefully not on this one though.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th June 2021), Chris (16th June 2021), Dreamtimer (16th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)