Page 44 of 118 FirstFirst ... 34414243444546475494 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Speaking of China... "Can't read why, can't read my, no you can't read my poker face"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th March 2022), Chris (17th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (16th March 2022), Wind (18th March 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Pretty accurate...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th March 2022), Fred Steeves (18th March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Pretty accurate...

Utter shite.
    Can you explain the azov brigade?
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Fred Steeves (18th March 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Utter shite.
    Can you explain the azov brigade?
    I'm not going to bother.

I made many attempts to explain the complexities of the situation before and it made no difference. It's like talking to a fucking wall here. I guess an outsider just isn't going to understand the political and historical background of this region.

There is a reason I rarely post here any more. What's the point, when people just keep repeating their own sides' talking points?

On a personal note, I'm just really sad that so many people are still swallowing Russian propaganda wholesale, though they have been at it for decades and invested massive amounts of time and energy building up their narrative.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Fred Steeves (18th March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,086 Times in 2,652 Posts
    Long as I remember the U.S. government needs a boogeyman to point to, and for several years running now the target for our daily 2 minutes of hate has switched back to Russia. Islamic extremism is so like yesterday's news now same as Covid.

This is by no means meant to condone Putin's actions in Ukraine, I have no use for war pigs whether here or abroad, but the way our media is portraying this situation may as well be that of a dirty old child molester swooping up an innocent child. There's no way in hell this situation is that black or white, Putin is now worse than Hitler, and the Ukraine government is pure as the wind driven snow.

Sticking with the current facet of this conversation. I see Putin way overplaying the Nazi card, but that doesn't mean the neo Nazi faction he's pointing at doesn't present an ongoing problem. Nuance...

Although our illustrious vice president sounds like she's explaining the situation to a classroom of kindergarteners, add some adult fluff to it and that's actually pretty spot on for how we're being asked to see this. Is this basically the only way you would have anyone see it Chris? "Russia bad/Ukraine good/West is knight in shining armor"?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Lord Sidious (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    I'm not going to bother.

I made many attempts to explain the complexities of the situation before and it made no difference. It's like talking to a fucking wall here. I guess an outsider just isn't going to understand the political and historical background of this region.
    You're an insider?
    As explanations go, they rarely change people's minds unless the arguments used are very convincing.
    My suggestion to either use better arguments. Stop expecting to change people's minds.
    Maybe that way a conversation can take place. As it is though.
    In my humble view it's a stew of half truths, well intentioned ideas and a whole lot of deeply ingrained biases.

Back to basics, follow the money, and remember in what ways those that be(my favorite bias) device ways to keep money/power rolling in their direction.
    Have a great day today

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Lord Sidious (18th March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022), Wind (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,164 Times in 11,946 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    You're an insider?
    As explanations go, they rarely change people's minds unless the arguments used are very convincing.
    My suggestion to either use better arguments. Stop expecting to change people's minds.
    Maybe that way a conversation can take place. As it is though.
    In my humble view it's a stew of half truths, well intentioned ideas and a whole lot of deeply ingrained biases.

Back to basics, follow the money, and remember in what ways those that be(my favorite bias) device ways to keep money/power rolling in their direction.
    Reality is reality, I'm with Chris ... he knows and has made the most sense throughout. Who hates Russia? No one ... it is Putin. Is it so hard to differentiate that fact? Putin, Putin, Putin ... he's like homo Erectus compared against Sapiens ... not that either is pretty. In all seriousness though ... it is possible to reprogram oneself. Just take a big bite out of readily available information from the many different sources. And then make your assessment of what it is all about. Hint: it ain't the cabal, actually it is and they are 100% on Putinia's, PA's, and the corporatists' side. If we wanted to be dense enough we could even call it the new world order ... dystopian style. I prefer the natural progression of a new world order ... ultimately utopian. Utopian in the style of equality, egalitarianism, a new order lacking Putinias.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    The nature of information flow:

Lies: staccato
    truth: wavy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Although our illustrious vice president sounds like she's explaining the situation to a classroom of kindergarteners, add some adult fluff to it and that's actually pretty spot on for how we're being asked to see this. Is this basically the only way you would have anyone see it Chris? "Russia bad/Ukraine good/West is knight in shining armor"?
    I think she has a good grasp of who she is trying to educate.
    Last edited by Wind, 18th March 2022 at 20:32.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It has been observed by the military professionals on Earth-Prime that Putinia is not dominating the skies. The main conjecture on that situation is that Putinia doesn't have the capability in part due to lack of resources, planning, logistics, etc. I see it a little differently. If Putin were to reign down hell from the skies, NATO would for at the very least humanitarian reasons be forced to intervene. NATO's AND Putinia's redline. Neither want to cross that line, thus Putin is holding back in order to not face that all in eventuality.

In his noggin' at the moment he is not willing to act on his nuke threat. Even in a first strike by Putinia, the American naval nuclear forces would render Putinia an irradiated heaping ash pit. Let's hope he doesn't unhinge to that point.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    I'm not going to bother.

There is a reason I rarely post here any more. What's the point, when people just keep repeating their own sides' talking points?

On a personal note, I'm just really sad that so many people are still swallowing Russian propaganda wholesale, though they have been at it for decades and invested massive amounts of time and energy building up their narrative.
    All you have done is spew forth the exact opposite to Russian propaganda and talk up the war.
    Are YOU going to go fight?
    If not, stow your bullshit.
    This isn't fucking WWE, those are real people being killed.
    Oh and save the woe is me bullshit and the talking down at us as if we're imbeciles.
    Go make a model tank or something............

Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Reality is reality, I'm with Chris ... he knows and has made the most sense throughout.
    People telling you what you believe and creating a positive confirmation bias doesn't necessarily equate with sense.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,467 Times in 7,282 Posts

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Emil El Zapato (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    All you have done is spew forth the exact opposite to Russian propaganda and talk up the war.
    Are YOU going to go fight?
    If not, stow your bullshit.
    This isn't fucking WWE, those are real people being killed.
    Oh and save the woe is me bullshit and the talking down at us as if we're imbeciles.
    Go make a model tank or something............

People telling you what you believe and creating a positive confirmation bias doesn't necessarily equate with sense.
    My only comment would be that I agree ... people are dying and we really shouldn't forget it...

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    This guy was a big hero to me and likely many others:

Vasily Ivanovich Alekseyev was a Soviet weightlifter. He set 80 world-records and 81 Soviet records in weightlifting and won Olympic gold medals at the 1972 and 1976 games. Wikipedia
    Born: January 7, 1942, Miloslavsky District, Russia

I just realized he was a fellow Capricorn ...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Wind (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,467 Times in 7,282 Posts
    Abby is a woman with brains, I like that.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aUFTsnbvSA

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Fred Steeves (18th March 2022), Lord Sidious (18th March 2022), Octopus Garden (29th April 2022)

Thanks
    I can't say this enough ... Anybody that is angry at Russia is beyond stupid. IT IS Putin!! What would she say if the U.S. dropped a bomb on Putin ... she doesn't even begin to understand. I care, I learn, I understand. She doesn't. They do exactly what she is suggesting. It seems she has never seen any of it.

I just saw a minute ago that Dubya refused to sign the International Criminal court agreement because he was getting ready to go to war. I saw this on Lamestream media. He was/is a rightist, b.t.w.

She still refuses to acknowledge that events such as in Iraq eliminated a madman that was committing genocide on his own people. Is that okay?

Clinton felt that he failed to act appropriately during the Rwandan genocide and was very guilty for not acting to stop it. I forget the exact statistic but they lost the equivalent of 9/11 casualties everyday for over 8 months. Is Abby upset about that? Does she feel bereft over that lack of action? I would love for peace and war to be as simple as she sees it, but it simply isn't.

I hope someday she removes herself from her idealistic pedestal and recognizes the planet she lives on.

Incidentally, if I was on the same pedestal, in fact, we are all on the same pedestal, and as such, we can cry, scream, and blame just as she does. But it is naive to the max limit.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post: