Page 95 of 118 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1760

Thread: World War Three

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    oh well, ok interesting but a psychologist or neuroscientist would characterize that as 'intellectual' understanding versus 'empathetic' understanding.
    They would because a psychologist and neuroscientist mostly view matters the same way a constant victim does. On a strictly Newtonian level.

Both are firmly convinced that empathy is a physical constant that can be measured like physical momentum but the victim mentality measures with a child's ruler: "Woe is me. If I can't force agree from them, they must lack empathy. They aren't paying enough attention to me, they must lack empathy. Emotional intelligence means you remember behaving that way when you were four years old.

Expressing oneself intellectually about any subject of the physical world or psyche doesn't mean an absence of empathy, it means the person making that judgement is emotionally arrested. It shows a certain respect for others by not using them as personal feeding ground.

The attention seekers thinks empathy is a feeling because that is their only experience with the term. It's a complex interaction of higher and emotional intelligence. VS feeling sorry for someone who has the same emotional wounds that has triggered our own self-pity so is more self serving than anything else.

One hasn't taken emotional intelligence (or the lack thereof) into account. The Newtonians don't because they don't know what it is. It's also not a feeling or an emotion.

Besides people's constant patters and patterns of behaviors and tactics show what they are about long before empathy has to kick in. That can be held in reserve for people who are actually in need of empathy rather than those who make ceaseless needy appeals for attention.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2023), Fred Steeves (12th May 2023), modwiz (12th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,218 Times in 11,972 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    They would because a psychologist and neuroscientist mostly view matters the same way a constant victim does. On a strictly Newtonian level.

Both are firmly convinced that empathy is a physical constant that can be measured like physical momentum but the victim mentality measures with a child's ruler: "Woe is me. If I can't force agree from them, they must lack empathy. They aren't paying enough attention to me, they must lack empathy. Emotional intelligence means you remember behaving that way when you were four years old.

Expressing oneself intellectually about any subject of the physical world or psyche doesn't mean an absence of empathy, it means the person making that judgement is emotionally arrested. It shows a certain respect for others by not using them as personal feeding ground.

The attention seekers thinks empathy is a feeling because that is their only experience with the term. It's a complex interaction of higher and emotional intelligence. VS feeling sorry for someone who has the same emotional wounds that has triggered our own self-pity so is more self serving than anything else.

One hasn't taken emotional intelligence (or the lack thereof) into account. The Newtonians don't because they don't know what it is. It's also not a feeling or an emotion.

Besides people's constant patters and patterns of behaviors and tactics show what they are about long before empathy has to kick in. That can be held in reserve for people who are actually in need of empathy rather than those who make ceaseless needy appeals for attention.
    Well, in that case, strap on your shootin' irons, I'll meet you at high noon in front of the saloon.

Incidentally, it's already past noon, but I knew that...Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023)

Thanks

From a 'victim' perspective which is your favorite way to look at things, would you agree or disagree that true empaths exist and if they do, how do you describe them? Or is that just love and light (not to be conflated with New Age as there are several flavors as we probably all know). That reminds me, I think we've had this discussion before, i think we drew a stalemate but only because I wasn't in a mood to argue that day. It wasn't precisely the same topic but I would call it close enough. It was closer actually as to whether or not there are non-earth based entities here on earth to help

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    From a 'victim' perspective which is your favorite way to look at things, would you agree or disagree that true empaths exist and if they do, how do you describe them? Or is that just love and light (not to be conflated with New Age as there are several flavors as we probably all know). That reminds me, I think we've had this discussion before, i think we drew a stalemate but only because I wasn't in a mood to argue that day. It wasn't precisely the same topic but I would call it close enough. It was closer actually as to whether or not there are non-earth based entities here on earth to help
    There's no point to answering any questions when you didn't get the answers the first time round.

Go start another thread if it's that important.

This one was more interesting before the neediness drug it off topic.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), Lord Sidious (13th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    There's no point to answering any questions when you didn't get the answers the first time round.

The need is very deep. Somatic.

Starting an interesting thread takes a modicum of creativity. Being a tad likable is another plus.

Getting back to topic might take some discipline.
    Last edited by modwiz, 13th May 2023 at 03:04.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), Lord Sidious (13th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,462 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    The need is very deep. Somatic.

Starting an interesting thread takes a modicum of creativity. Being a tad likable is another plus.

Getting back to topic might take some discipline.
    Or a few well placed airstrikes
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th May 2023), Aragorn (13th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    Deep deep n deeper, at the root of the root n below, within the Human - Earth nervous system , Dwells the Pain Body, within that is n was my excittymint at this thread as it allowed expression n transmutation even somewhat as many sides n hurts n under n over standings gave measure and awareness-loch unlock, weary be m,any atm regards making thoughself be-able, accusable be their,thy,our amazing vikkytum, statuss, lol>

Moan away or thread along thyself whinger said dear mirror, shed or sheath thy stomachs cousins sword, feel feel CREATE n ignore if unable cane.

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Deep deep n deeper, at the root of the root n below, within the Human - Earth nervous system , Dwells the Pain Body, within that is n was my excittymint at this thread as it allowed expression n transmutation even somewhat as many sides n hurts n under n over standings gave measure and awareness-loch unlock, weary be m,any atm regards making thoughself be-able, accusable be their,thy,our amazing vikkytum, statuss, lol>

Moan away or thread along thyself whinger said dear mirror, shed or sheath thy stomachs cousins sword, feel feel CREATE n ignore if unable cane.
    Please

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (13th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023)

Thanks

haha, classic move Boids...you completely either misunderstood my previous question or completely twisted it to fit your mindset. I love the way you do that and then flip it. Are you aware that is what you do or is it unconscious? And you nailed it again in your post on the other thread. This is where our productive debate ends.

Ok, I'll try again...perhaps you missed the fact that the empath completely defies your sidestep of my actual query? One can't 'wantonly' ignore an entire encyclopedia of information by citing a 'newtonian' perspective. My impression is that if an psychological approach is non-newtonian then what is it? Is it new-age or does it not have an actual definition?

thanks for the 'new' thing to examine.

Incidentally, I did research it and didn't find anything that placed it outside of the typical approaches.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 13th May 2023 at 12:38.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,151 Times in 20,328 Posts
    haha, classic move Boids...you completely either misunderstood my previous question or completely twisted it to fit your mindset. I love the way you do that and then flip it. Are you aware that is what you do or is it unconscious? And you nailed it again in your post on the other thread. This is where our productive debate ends.

Ok, I'll try again...perhaps you missed the fact that the empath completely defies your sidestep of my actual query? One can't 'wantonly' ignore an entire encyclopedia of information by citing a 'newtonian' perspective. My impression is that if an psychological approach is non-newtonian then what is it? Is it new-age or does it not have an actual definition?
    Everyone please ignore the above post. Chuckie has now been banned from this thread. Not only will he no longer be able to post to this thread, but he will also no longer have any access to it at all — or at least, not while he's logged in — and therefore he won't be able to read any replies directed at him.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (13th May 2023), Fred Steeves (13th May 2023), Lord Sidious (14th May 2023), modwiz (13th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023), Wind (13th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Everyone please ignore the above post. Chuckie has now been banned from this thread. Not only will he no longer be able to post to this thread, but he will also no longer have any access to it at all — or at least, not while he's logged in — and therefore he won't be able to read any replies directed at him.
    That's a start................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2023), Aragorn (14th May 2023), modwiz (14th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2023), Aragorn (14th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (14th May 2023), Lord Sidious (14th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post

That's two votes.............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2023), Aragorn (15th May 2023), modwiz (14th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Iirc chuckie sorta does not die and does scarey returns ?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Iirc chuckie sorta does not die and does scarey returns ?
    That's why you have to follow through and do the job right, nugg..............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th May 2023), Aragorn (15th May 2023), modwiz (14th May 2023), Octopus Garden (15th May 2023), Wind (14th May 2023)

Thanks
    So ruthless, this is how wars start lol

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2023), modwiz (15th May 2023), Wind (16th May 2023)