Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980818289 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1759

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Hey Mr. the Sid, Have you ever participated in any joint exercises with the U.S. I met a guy in North Carolina some years ago from Australia that was in some kind 'shared' military stuff. It was at the beach near a military base and it was a party day. He was a pretty decent guy which sort of changed my opinion of Aussies because I always thought that by and large they were assholes... Yanking (hah, get it, damn I'm funny) your chain Sid... So, the guy I worked with (the Ranger helicopter pilot) did pretty much the same thing during one of the Iraq wars. Is that special forces? Incidentally, I did a stab move on him with a pencil. He would have been a goner. Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!
    Nope, never did and wouldn't either.
    US forces are dangerous, even in exercises...................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th February 2023), Aragorn (14th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (14th February 2023), Wind (14th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,170 Times in 11,950 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Nope, never did and wouldn't either.
    US forces are dangerous, even in exercises...................
    Somehow I don't doubt that...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th February 2023), Aragorn (14th February 2023), Wind (14th February 2023)

Thanks
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th February 2023), Aragorn (16th February 2023), modwiz (16th February 2023), Wind (16th February 2023)

Thanks
    Here's the thing. What is wrong with those people? They sound very much like they wish for Ukraine to have its national sovereignty treated with impunity. They as ostensibly knowledgeable voices sound disturbed in their thought processes.

They are bloviating to gain right-wing audience. Inform yourself with a balanced perspective.

First, in truth, if the situation was as dire as they claim there would be a true risk for escalation as the western world cannot tolerate an authoritarian "individual" to run rampant over a sane world order. The west has been 'helping' Ukraine without crossing any redlines that mandate open war but it can and will happen if the situation persists beyond a tolerable level meaning munitions and weaponry are depleted to the point that it represents a risk to western security over and above Ukraine's needs.

It won't happen! Point! Read the history of Lithuania in the WWII era regarding the will to survive as a nation.

The age of empire is over, Putin will discover that the hard way. I could go on for a good while but I won't now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th February 2023)

Thanks
    I worked with a full bird Colonel for 10 years, very smart guy but no Einstein. I never got the impression that he was more militarily astute than the next guy. We shared books and I can tell you that I understood them better than he was able. He was a friend. My point is that this Colonel guy leaves a lot to be desired.

Douglas Abbott Macgregor (born January 4, 1953) is a retired U.S. Army colonel and government official, and an author, consultant, and television commentator. He played a significant role on the battlefield in the 1990-91 Gulf War and the 1999 NATO bombing of Yugoslavia. His 1997 book Breaking the Phalanx established him as an influential if unconventional theorist of military strategy. His thinking contributed to the US strategy in its 2003 invasion of Iraq.

After leaving the military in 2004, he became more politically active. In 2020, President Donald Trump proposed Macgregor as ambassador to Germany, but the Senate blocked the nomination. On November 11, 2020, a Pentagon spokesperson announced that Macgregor had been hired to serve as Senior Advisor to the Acting Secretary of Defense, a post he held for less than three months. Trump also appointed him to the board of West Point Academy, his alma mater. These appointments proved controversial due to his history of racist comments. He regularly contributes to Fox News and Russian state media, where his opinions on Russia have caused controversy. He has been described as a member of the "Putin wing of the GOP" and a fellow traveller.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th February 2023), Aragorn (16th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,090 Times in 2,652 Posts
    Here's the thing. What is wrong with those people?
    That's funny, I think the same thing when watching the narrative weavers tell me stuff like this, and and this, depending on what is required for the masses to believe. Noam Chomsky, that diehard right winger, refers to it as "Manufactured Consent".

They sound very much like they wish for Ukraine to have its national sovereignty treated with impunity. They as ostensibly knowledgeable voices sound disturbed in their thought processes.
    These "disturbed" people are very much concerned with other nations' sovereignty, the sovereignty of ALL nations, not just the ones they either approve of or don't approve of. The people you put your faith in, you'll never hear them talking sovereignty with nations the US doesn't like, is attempting regime change, or occupying.

I can't recall if I've ever heard talk of say, the sovereign nation of Syria, or Iran.

They are bloviating to gain right-wing audience.
    Back to old form I see. I'd enjoy seeing your support for those highlighted in the two threads listed above, and why. These are your trusted people after all, the truth tellers.

First, in truth, if the situation was as dire as they claim there would be a true risk for escalation as the western world cannot tolerate an authoritarian "individual" to run rampant over a sane world order.
    Ah yes, the mighty "Rules Based International Order". I'm still looking for that elusive rule book...

The age of empire is over, Putin will discover that the hard way.
    You really need to get off of that steady diet of mainstream establishment news.That's not research, that's just you tapping into "Their Mind", the hive mind.

I could go on for a good while but I won't now.
    But like I said, the two threads I noted above are the perfect place to go on and on.

Demonstrate the fruits of some REAL research. If you can that is...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th February 2023), Aragorn (17th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2023), Lord Sidious (17th February 2023), modwiz (17th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,468 Times in 10,173 Posts
    No no no, while your both correct, though it only matters to the incorrector, research from where, what angle ? angels or sparrows, eagle or demons, we know the sun shines brightly while rain storms but dancing is potentialled still.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (17th February 2023), modwiz (17th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th February 2023), Aragorn (17th February 2023), Fred Steeves (17th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    That's funny,
    That's ok, Fred ... but you are missing the context entirely. Take a wider view of international 'politics' and conditions. Evil is an unbridled lack of balance that is detrimental to those around them. Good is turning the other cheek unless facing exploitation. The challenge is weighing the balance in the real world with many differing contingencies. Syria and Iran are both examples of social imbalances that pose risks to even their own people who try to mind their own business but who are not allowed to do so. And those same countries have the desire to dominate outside their own borders. It is not coincidental that they align with such as Putin.

I suggest you study the history of the Russian empire and how it relates to Ukraine. It is time for the species to move into the 21st century and beyooond. The very thing that the reactionary is genetically incapable of doing and it doesn't bode well for their future.

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Not entirely true, Mr. Modwiz, but I do kinda identify with it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    That's ok, Fred ... but you are missing the context entirely. Take a wider view of international 'politics' and conditions. Evil is an unbridled lack of balance that is detrimental to those around them. Good is turning the other cheek unless facing exploitation. The challenge is weighing the balance in the real world with many differing contingencies. Syria and Iran are both examples of social imbalances that pose risks to even their own people who try to mind their own business but who are not allowed to do so. And those same countries have the desire to dominate outside their own borders. It is not coincidental that they align with such as Putin.

I suggest you study the history of the Russian empire and how it relates to Ukraine. It is time for the species to move into the 21st century and beyooond. The very thing that the reactionary is genetically incapable of doing and it doesn't bode well for their future.
    Turn your tv off..............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th February 2023), Aragorn (17th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2023), modwiz (17th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    Turn your tv off..............
    My friend, Mr. the Sid, I love tv... Just so you know, I have a lot of respect for both you and the Modman. Just so you know. All else is fair in love and hate. I would prefer to be friends though. Full disclosure!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th February 2023), Aragorn (17th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    You and Modwiz both have a lot of history and knowledge to share if you would just do it with more openness and equanimity rather than acerbity. It would be much more productive and less combative.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th February 2023), Aragorn (17th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    I share when I think people are ready.
    You're still suckin on the red white and blue dick.
    Your time isn't now............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th February 2023), modwiz (17th February 2023)

Thanks
    I share when I think people are ready.
    You're still suckin on the red white and blue dick.
    Your time isn't now............
    Well, in truth, I passed that phase when I was 15. I only defend that which needs defending (in my estimation). The discussion in my opinion is way overboard when dissing the U.S. In truth, I don't believe in borders period, but that doesn't play well either in the alt world. It's all, if not good, it is at least cool with me.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th February 2023)

Thanks
    Well, in truth, I passed that phase when I was 15. I only defend that which needs defending (in my estimation). The discussion in my opinion is way overboard when dissing the U.S. In truth, I don't believe in borders period, but that doesn't play well either in the alt world. It's all, if not good, it is at least cool with me.
    No amount of ''dissing'' of the united snakes could ever amount to natural justice.
    I also don't believe in borders, or for that matter, nation states.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th February 2023), Aragorn (17th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2023), modwiz (17th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)