Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 12,134 Times in 2,671 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I don't understand why Putin has his panties so in a wad about the bridge, that's a legitimate military target so stop the whining, they got you.

On the other hand, Russia is still a great power despite the chirping otherwise of Western media, Zelenski pissing on the negotiating table means his people can expect a lot more of this shit. We ain't seen nothin yet, the great sacrifice has only begun.

People are getting out of Russia? Pfffft, I'd be getting my ass out of Ukraine at this point! In this next looming round I expect the bear's gonna roll until he's eye to eye with Polish border guards.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th October 2022), Aragorn (11th October 2022), Wind (11th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,563 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I don't understand why Putin has his panties so in a wad about the bridge, that's a legitimate military target so stop the whining, they got you.
    It impacted his ego, the man is a psychopath and possibly a narcissist too. Basically a mob boss leading a whole country into oblivion.

On the other hand, Russia is still a great power despite the chirping otherwise of Western media, Zelenski pissing on the negotiating table means his people can expect a lot more of this shit. We ain't seen nothin yet, the great sacrifice has only begun.
    That's what I'm concerned about, more pointless bloodshed. Many are also worried that Putin will start to use those tactical nukes.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2022), Fred Steeves (11th October 2022)

Thanks
    Basically a mob boss leading a whole country into oblivion.
    Well man, there again, it's not as if he just got up one morning and decided to invade his southern neighbor. A lot of history since around 1990 has paved our way to this point, it didn't just start with him massing troops on the border last year.

This is similar to how the US portrays the whole problem in Iran, that it all started out of the blue in 1979 with some crazy, wild bug eyed revolution. Not so much as a whisper about what was done to them in 1953 to start those dominoes toppling.

History doesn't matter to us here in the West, we've been trained to not even bother going there. Stay in the moment, we're always the good guys, and that's all there is to it.

Many are also worried that Putin will start to use those tactical nukes.
    I know, I see that hysteria plastered all over msm as well. No matter what many may think of him, he does things by the book, and that book dictates that Russia only uses nukes in self defense. The time to worry about that is were he to somehow lose and be backed into a corner, not when he's about to come back with overwhelming force.

These usual voices clutching their pearls about how the madman is coming with nukes, are the same good little boys and girls who parrot their neocon masters that negotiating a way out of this, to make it stop, is out of the question.

There shall be no exit ramp! Just more, more, and more again...

Socrates

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2022), Wind (11th October 2022)

Thanks
    Well man, there again, it's not as if he just got up one morning and decided to invade his southern neighbor. A lot of history since around 1990 has paved our way to this point, it didn't just start with him massing troops on the border last year.
    That's for sure.

I know, I see that hysteria plastered all over msm as well. No matter what many may think of him, he does things by the book, and that book dictates that Russia only uses nukes in self defense. The time to worry about that is were he to somehow lose and be backed into a corner, not when he's about to come back with overwhelming force.
    I'm sure he has plenty of normal arsenal to use before resorting to any more madness. I don't think or should I say I hope that he wouldn't decide to use nukes. That conflict won't end well though, so someone has to lose.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2022), Fred Steeves (11th October 2022)

Thanks
    And bad on me, not going back far enough, leaving out WW2 still simmering on the back burner after all these years. Even my wife for example, still harbors a grudge against Russia because she had relatives in Poland who told stories of rape and pillage courtesy of that army on its way to Berlin. The Poles still are bitter at the Russians, Russians are still bitter about Hitler. Hell, Napoleon's invasion hundreds of years ago is still branded in the Russian psyche.

Here in the South of my country, there's still a lingering resentment from being laid to ruins by the North in our Civil War, when people fly the Confederate flag down here it's not at all out of racism as the media likes to portray, it's a rallying cry.

So you know, these lingering hurts and resentments should be taken seriously, it's a real, tangible thing. So when Putin says he has a problem with the Nazi clique born of a coup at his southern border, and doesn't want to see them even more empowered by the West, that too should be taken seriously.

Socrates

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2022), Wind (12th October 2022)

Thanks
    And bad on me, not going back far enough, leaving out WW2 still simmering on the back burner after all these years. Even my wife for example, still harbors a grudge against Russia because she had relatives in Poland who told stories of rape and pillage courtesy of that army on its way to Berlin. The Poles still are bitter at the Russians, Russians are still bitter about Hitler. Hell, Napoleon's invasion hundreds of years ago is still branded in the Russian psyche.
    That's true Fred, these things go way back. The history of humanity is quite violent and hatred can turn into a generational thing.

My great grandfather died during the Continuation War here. He was marked as a missing person, but in reality he was killed in action when the Soviets shot him dead during one of the more bloody times during the war, hundreds of men died during a day or two. His rank was a captain and he was serving in the 12th infantry regiment, 3rd machine gun company. Stalin sent lof of Russians to their deaths and Finnish troops were fighting against an overwhelming amount of troops, yet due to the Finnish Sisu, which is like stoic determination, tenacity, grit, bravery, resilience, the country almost miraculously didn’t fall under the Soviet regime and of course that came with a heavy price. People were defending their homes, families and country against cruel invaders. No other country in the region was able to resist Stalin’s troops like that and this is a small country. Stalin was a small Georgian man who was behind a lot of evil.

Do I hate Georgians or Russians? No, my best friend online has been Georgian who was born into a former SU country which had terrible civil wars and distruptions in the early 90's like many former SU countries did. Many people in that region actually miss Soviet Union, because to them it meant order and peace. They never knew anything better. Even for Putin Soviet Union meant order and peace, he's through and through a KGB agent and a Soviet Disciple. To him West and especially America is Evil. For Americans communism is evil.

That's like someone in US being born into the mentality of American Exceptionalism, "there's nothing better than the 'Murican Empire!"

My great grandfather’s death affected my mother's grandmother greatly and eventually she found herself in the midst of German forces in Lapland, before the Finnish troops had to turn against the German troops and drive them away. Hitler used to have great affinity towards Finland and our leader Mannerheim before things got sour eventually. All of those things have long-winding consequences. My mother was more close with her grandmother than she ever was with her own mother, my mother's grandmother far outlived her own daughter. I was a young boy when my great grandmother was still alive, but my grandmother had died six years prior due to lung issues from too much smoking so I never even got to meet her.

That's just one story, in one family. Never in my life I have had hatred for Russians or for any other people, but I do know that Stalin like Hitler was responsible for many atrocious terrors. Hitler had a magnetic personality and he learned the skill of persuading masses with his skillful speeches. That combined with the massive propaganda machine made it easy to fool and control people. People obeyed leaders like them and went along with that madness, that cost a lot. So many lives wasted for nothing. That's why I'm very wary when it comes to any authorities. Do not give away your own inner power away for others to use and abuse. Within every human lies immense power.

"The mistakes (of leaders) are amplified by the numbers who follow them without question. Charismatic leaders tend to build up followings, power structures and these power structures tend to be taken over by people who are corruptible. I don't think that the old saw about 'power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' is accurate: I think power attracts the corruptible.

“Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristocratic forms. No government in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, government tends more and more to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class - whether that class be hereditary royalty, oligarchs of financial empires, or entrenched bureaucracy.

"A great man doesn’t seek to lead. He’s called to it. And he answers."
    ~ Frank Herbert, Dune

There are many Russians, Finnish-Russians living here and vice versa, I can understand why some people in the region might have hatred for Russians, but I think it's still a shame. It all comes from fear. People are people, you shouldn't lump them into groups. I don't know, but even my family lineage might have some Russian ancestry. To me Russians are no worse than anyone else, yet here many are so angry at the people there too. I only feel sorry for all the innocent people. Russia's history has been very dark and violent, they have never really even known for long what peace means. The country always had to suffer from violent invasions such as at first Mongols enslaving and conquering the people in that region, later it was Emperors and dictators.

Finland always had a unique relationship with Russia, but part of it was fear-based too, especially for the older generations. ”Russia isn’t to be trusted”. That's why our military has always been efficient here and it's mandatory for adult young men to participate in conscript service.

I don't understand violence on a fundamental level, I mean I understand it psychologically, but I don't understand it from the perspective of oneness. To me peace is very important. Would I harm another being or kill them if they threatened my family?

That's not an easy answer for me personally, I think there is only one acceptable form of violence and it's self-defence if nothing else works. I know I could use weapons, but I would hate myself for harming another being yet it is in me. I could be that soldier who kills another person, but I would not do that for the stupid reasons that politicians give us.

Even then I'd rather be a medic because it is better to save a life than take one.

It's a strange world we live in, where global peace seems like a far-away thing.

Every being is a manifestation of the divine and that’s why life is sacred. To imagine that the ”other” is your enemy means that you are dehumanizing the other. They are your mirror reflection as a feeling and living being, but you see another different person there which you might even call your enemy. This is how we participate in these roles and drama here on Earth. Isn’t life a curious thing?

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

~ MLK

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzbQ2Rx1IOo
    Last edited by Wind, 12th October 2022 at 16:36.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2022), Fred Steeves (12th October 2022)

Thanks
    Here's another angle to counter the pro-Russia propaganda which is so prevalent in the alternative media.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2FgTr4fUw

A Russian soldier only managed to fight for 5 minutes on the invader’s side, now repairs equipment and helps the Ukrainian military. The man was disappointed in the "empire" and after the war wants to stay and live in Ukraine. "Getting Ukrainian citizenship is my little dream."
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th October 2022), Fred Steeves (14th October 2022)

Thanks
    Here's another angle to counter the pro-Russia propaganda which is so prevalent in the alternative media.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2FgTr4fUw

Look through the overall body of work on this channel Wind, it's 100% pro Ukranian/anti Russian. That's just countering propaganda with propaganda.

Socrates

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th October 2022), Wind (14th October 2022)

Thanks
    Look through the overall body of work on this channel Wind, it's 100% pro Ukranian/anti Russian.
    I know it's obviously pro-Ukrainian, but what makes you think it's propaganda?

Even then, I think the main point is that by now it should be clear that most Russian troops were fooled getting into that war. Many being poorly trained, given poor equipment, left alone to die and the best thing for them would just to surrender which many have done. It seems that Ukrainians are treating POW's well, while Russian troops and Putin are butchering civilians. There's no question who is in the wrong here. The best option obviously would be that there could be a peace treaty, but that train seems to have passed months ago.

Either Putin has to die or be removed or Zelensky and the Ukrainian government will be removed by Russians. Who knows if this war will be over within months or if it will be prolonged for years. Russia hasn't been doing well though and people there are growing impatient.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I know it's obviously pro-Ukrainian, but what makes you think it's propaganda?
    If they're only thumping on one particular drum over and over, then they have an agenda, like a preacher on Sunday morning with the ever present goal of leading people to Jesus. That's no different than the information PA is hanging their hats on, but in the opposite direction.

Even then, I think the main point is that by now it should be clear that most Russian troops were fooled getting into that war. Many being poorly trained, given poor equipment, left alone to die and the best thing for them would just to surrender which many have done. It seems that Ukrainians are treating POW's well, while Russian troops and Putin are butchering civilians.
    Well, okay, what's an objective source making it fairly clear through the fog of war that this is true? The kind of stuff you just laid out there comes flashing by 24/7 on my mainstream news feed.

Socrates

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, okay, what's an objective source making it fairly clear through the fog of war that this is true? The kind of stuff you just laid out there comes flashing by 24/7 on my mainstream news feed.
    That info seems to be coming straight from the soldiers themselves and through social media channels too, it's another question if some of those sources have their own "agendas" or not. Of course you can't for sure verify everything 100 % unless you are there in the trenches yourself, but surely there are more investigative reporters and reports too. I'm trying to look at the big picture and forming my view about it, I look both at msm, all the usual bullshit channels and then the more seemingly sane and clear ones too. The data seems pretty clear to me, but of course I can't fully claim to know the most pure objective truth because I'm not a psychic.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That info seems to be coming straight from the soldiers themselves and through social media channels too, it's another question if some of those sources have their own "agendas" or not. Of course you can't for sure verify everything 100 % unless you are there in the trenches yourself, but surely there are more investigative reporters and reports too. I'm trying to look at the big picture and forming my view about it, I look both at msm, all the usual bullshit channels and then the more seemingly sane and clear ones too. The data seems pretty clear to me, but of course I can't fully claim to know the most pure objective truth because I'm not a psychic.
    Well yeah, those sure do look to be Ukranian soldiers, and I'm sure they're nice guys. Thing is though that channel is going to discard any video coming its way that say, shows someone happy to see a Russian soldier. Or a Russian soldier being kind to a captured Ukranian soldier, that doesn't fit the agenda, so of course the result is that the unsuspecting person can walk away from there feeling all gushy about "the good guys".

Finding channels that gush about the Ukranian cause, because hard core pro Russian news over at PA is repulsive, is like taking your pick of MSNBC over FOX NEWS. A side, along with a certain bias has been chosen, but that leaves a lot of gray area in between undisturbed.

Having said that, if the data seems pretty clear to you that the bottom line here is indeed Russia bad/Ukraine good, then your decision has been made and I'll respect that. No harm no foul, I won't hassle you about it.

Socrates

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Having said that, if the data seems pretty clear to you that the bottom line here is indeed Russia bad/Ukraine good, then your decision has been made and I'll respect that. No harm no foul, I won't hassle you about it.
    Well, it's not so black and white. Of course I try to look at the nuances when there are any.

However, doesn't it seem just wrong to you? I'm talking about invasions here.

Just like the invasion of Iraq or Vietnam, they all were unjustified.

The NATO and US empire expansion is it's own thing too.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th October 2022), Fred Steeves (14th October 2022)

Thanks
    Well, it's not so black and white. Of course I try to look at the nuances when there are any.

However, doesn't it seem just wrong to you? I'm talking about invasions here.
    I do have a problem with this invasion, but at the same time, I don't see it anywhere near comparable to the "reasons" the US does it. I see Western fingerprints permeating all throughout this thing with poking, prodding, all but surrounding Russia, doing their very best to create a situation where his hand is forced. The goal being to bleed them dry at worst, a total regime change the fantasy wet dream.

China and Iran are stewing on the back burner as well, soon as Uncle Sam takes care of the bear once and for all, makes sure he can never again be in a position to interfere with our designs the way he did in Syria. So those two would be next.

But I'm looking at the grand chessboard, most people are looking at a monster trying to beat up on a poor helpless child, giving us all a reason to voice "Putin must go!" Hmmmmm, why does that sound familiar?

Dang, I feel like I'm repeating myself, just in different ways...

Socrates

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th October 2022), Wind (14th October 2022)

Thanks
    I do have a problem with this invasion, but at the same time, I don't see it anywhere near comparable to the "reasons" the US does it. I see Western fingerprints permeating all throughout this thing with poking, prodding, all but surrounding Russia, doing their very best to create a situation where his hand is forced. The goal being to bleed them dry at worst, a total regime change the fantasy wet dream.

China and Iran are stewing on the back burner as well, soon as Uncle Sam takes care of the bear once and for all, makes sure he can never again be in a position to interfere with our designs the way he did in Syria. So those two would be next.
    I'm well aware of that this too is just a proxy war and US wants Russia or Putin out of the picture.
    The world ain't big enough for the both of 'em. This could have been avoided, but it wasn't so here we are.

A regime change is going to happen eventually in Russia, but US wants to speed it up a bit. When it comes to China, I don't know how they would handle that. There's the thing with Taiwan and then there is the economic warfare. USA is dealing with it's own set of problems which could possibly lead to the collapse of that Empire, as always is inevitably the case. If I am being honest, I do see a collapse on the horizon. I don't know how big it is or how it would affect western countries, but it could be quite drastic. The world was shifting a lot in the last century, even just a generation ago too. Many things will happen in the next few years, let alone in the next decade or two.
    Last edited by Wind, 14th October 2022 at 17:06.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th October 2022), Fred Steeves (15th October 2022)