Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I don't know how such a war would play out, but it would very likely go global within a matter of months.

The current situation actually looks a lot like pre-WW1 Europe with two major blocks gearing up for war, but this one is likely to be centred around Asia and the Pacific, unlike the two previous world conflicts.

Both sides clearly have a lot of undisclosed weapons that are only hinted at. We can only guess, but space will probably be a major theatre of war this time.
    True that, jungles and deserts are obviously not European war terrain and not one that the U.S. has been traditionally comfortable with, not to mention there has always been both an implicit and explicit 'hold back' mandate solely for the practicality of not initiating a 'true' war. While in the main the U.S. might be inhabited by morons, the military have their war geniuses, but unused and untested they are. For example, the U.S. Air Force pentagon is manned by Senior Generals that have never experienced a real combat air battle. But then that is true for most of the air forces in the world. That conflict theatre would be interesting. But the U.S. has air superiority that no other world power would dispute. Naval equipment that sits on top of the water has withered because there is not much need for naval contingencies in the desert. Also true, that the U.S. manufacturing base has been largely 'outsourced' in favor of 'technology' (not an insignificant point) which leaves it at a startup disadvantage but then that has happened before. I still remember my older brother laughing gleefully about the always impending 'world war'. He owned a couple of transmission repair shops and before bed each night he prayed for war so he could convert his shops to munitions manufacturing and make potentially millions. And around we go!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (4th October 2021), Dreamtimer (4th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (4th October 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    From the Taiwan ministry of Foreign Affairs

外交部 Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ROC (Taiwan)
    @MOFA_Taiwan
    Oct. 1 wasn't a good day. The #PLAAF flew 38 warplanes into #Taiwan's ADIZ, making it the largest number of daily sorties on record. Threatening? Of course. It's strange the #PRC doesn't bother faking excuses anymore. JW

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (4th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (4th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Xi Jinping is a power-hungry genocidal asswipe, but I doubt he would be that insane. US still has far superior military power.

Even if China were to join forces with Russia and North Korea, they still would be no match against the coalition consisting of USA, UK, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Australia etc. There are no really winners in such wars, China would lose badly but there would of course be casualties on all sides.
    Think laterally.
    China can defeat the us easily.
    How?
    Demand all us government bonds be honoured simultaneously.
    When the us can't or won't, the dollar dies, stock market crashes and the war machine can't replenish.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Chris (5th October 2021), Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (4th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (4th October 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Think laterally.
    China can defeat the us easily.
    How?
    Demand all us government bonds be honoured simultaneously.
    When the us can't or won't, the dollar dies, stock market crashes and the war machine can't replenish.
    I thought you posted because you felt dissed that I didn't accede to the fact that you would disagree with my assessment. But I really thought it would be the part where I claimed that the U.S. was the undisputed King of the Air. Mr. the Cid. I concede that the Russian plane you posted about was a dream machine.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (5th October 2021), Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The bond thing with China is a concern. That would be a tremendous inducer of global chaos. IMO.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chris (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    I thought you posted because you felt dissed that I didn't accede to the fact that you would disagree with my assessment. But I really thought it would be the part where I claimed that the U.S. was the undisputed King of the Air. Mr. the Cid. I concede that the Russian plane you posted about was a dream machine.
    WotchutalkinaboutWillis?
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th October 2021), Chris (5th October 2021), Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...falls-to-china

Taiwan president warns of ‘catastrophic consequences’ if island falls to China

Tsai Ing-wen says Taiwan will ‘do whatever it takes to defend itself’ against an increasingly assertive Beijing

Taiwan is committed to defending its democracy against an increasingly aggressive China, the island’s president has vowed, warning of “catastrophic consequences” for the region should it fall.

The comments from Tsai Ing-wen, in an essay published on Tuesday, came amid record-breaking incursions by Chinese warplanes into its air defence zone. On Tuesday Taiwan’s premier, Su Tseng-chang, said the “over the top” activity violated regional peace, and Taiwan needed to be on alert.

China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has sent nearly 150 planes into Taiwan’s air defence identification (ADIZ) zone in the first four days of October, in what mainland figures and media have labeled a demonstration of strength but which world governments condemned as an act of intimidation and aggression.

Writing for Foreign Affairs magazine, Tsai stressed Taiwan’s desire for peace but said “if its democracy and way of life are threatened, Taiwan will do whatever it takes to defend itself”.

However she also urged other nations to “understand the value of working with Taiwan”, against the broader threat posed by Beijing. “And they should remember that if Taiwan were to fall, the consequences would be catastrophic for regional peace and the democratic alliance system.”

Beijing claims Taiwan as a province in China, and has pledged to take it, by force if necessary. It considers Tsai’s government to be separatists, but she has said Taiwan is already a sovereign nation with no need to declare independence, and has no wish for conflict.

“Amid almost daily intrusions by the People’s Liberation Army, our position on cross-strait relations remains constant: Taiwan will not bend to pressure, but nor will it turn adventurist, even when it accumulates support from the international community,” she said.

Few countries formally recognise Taiwan, a situation which Tsai said had compelled Taiwan to think asymmetrically, forming unofficial partnerships and agreements, and contributing to international bodies as a non-state party. With growing ties around the world, Taiwan was an increasingly important democracy, trading partner and global supplier, and a crucial segment of the first island chain, which stretches from northern Japan to Borneo, Tsai said.

“Should this line be broken by force, the consequences would disrupt international trade and destabilise the entire western Pacific,” she said. “In other words, a failure to defend Taiwan would not only be catastrophic for the Taiwanese; it would overturn a security architecture that has allowed for peace and extraordinary economic development in the region for seven decades.”

Analysts debate how imminent the threat is, but this week’s escalation of what had already grown to be near daily sorties, alarmed observers and prompted rebuke from various countries.

On Tuesday, Japan’s foreign minister, Toshimitsu Motegi, said he hoped Taiwan and China were able to resolve the issues peacefully. He said Japan was weighing up possible scenarios in order to make its own preparations.

It followed comments from Australia’s government and the US state department urging Beijing to cease its threats or use of force. The White House also said it was in private communications through diplomatic channels, about China’s actions regarding Taiwan.

Taiwan’s foreign minister announced on Tuesday a group of French senators will visit the island this week.

Taiwan hopes to provide a deterrence to China through strong international ties and investment in its defence capabilities, including arms purchases through the US.

“Such initiatives are meant to maximise Taiwan’s self-reliance and preparedness and to signal that we are willing to bear our share of the burden and don’t take our security partners’ support for granted,” Tsai said.

Taiwan was “fully committed to collaborating with our neighbours to prevent armed conflict in the East China and South China Seas, as well as in the Taiwan Strait”.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Thanks
    WotchutalkinaboutWillis?
    lol ... Air superiority of the U.S. Russia has that one plane that is clearly better than the American models. The air maneuver capability of the older Russian plane is still better than what the U.S. was able to demonstrate.

In my opinion the one leading hypothesis of the why and what for of the Alien presence is that they are trying to stave off a catastrophic World War Three. The One posted that idea about a year ago and I discounted it. The theory proffered the notion that the Greys are us from the future. That Australian dude who struck me as highly credible says the scuttlebutt is that that in fact is the explanation.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    lol ... Air superiority of the U.S. Russia has that one plane that is clearly better than the American models. The air maneuver capability of the older Russian plane is still better than what the U.S. was able to demonstrate.

In my opinion the one leading hypothesis of the why and what for of the Alien presence is that they are trying to stave off a catastrophic World War Three. The One posted that idea about a year ago and I discounted it. The theory proffered the notion that the Greys are us from the future. That Australian dude who struck me as highly credible says the scuttlebutt is that that in fact is the explanation.
    Drug is bad
    Don't drug
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th October 2021), Dreamtimer (6th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), modwiz (6th October 2021), Wind (6th October 2021)

Thanks
    Drug is bad
    Don't drug
    Gimme drugs ... hahahahahahahahahahahaha.......................... .

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th October 2021), Dreamtimer (6th October 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (6th October 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Well, I'm officially worried.

I won't post any links, because they're all over the news, but it seems Russia and China are gearing up for another global conflict. An invasion of Ukraine and Taiwan, perhaps even in a coordinated manner, to cause maximum awe and shock is on the cards, as early as next year. Some analysts think China will only be ready to invade Taiwan by 2024, but I'm not so sure. Russia could certainly take Ukraine without much resistance any time it chooses to. In the latter case, NATO probably isn't going to intervene, except with sanctions, which would actually hurt the EU more than Russia, due to its energy dependency. However, Taiwan would be a different matter.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't put those Deagle population number projections for 2025 out of my mind, which predicts a drastically reduced population for most of the "West" by that time, allegedly due to a predicted nuclear war. Russia and China both have hypersonic missile capabilities now, that NATO can't counter, put some nuclear warheads on them and they can conceivably strike NATO without much fear of retaliation. This is scary stuff.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2021), Dreamtimer (14th December 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2021), Malisa (14th December 2021), Wind (14th December 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    Thank your government for that, they sure are happy about you feeling this way :P

I won't post any links, because they're all over the news,
    They sure are, all US paid for, by the way, how odd :P

but it seems Russia and China are gearing up for another global conflict.
    I wonder, when you said "Another global conflict" what do you mean, as in which one was previously organized and caused by those two specific countries? Are you being lead?

An invasion of Ukraine and Taiwan, perhaps even in a coordinated manner, to cause maximum awe and shock is on the cards, as early as next year. Some analysts
    Which ones, possibly, could they be, paid for and working for a certain country in North America?

Russia could certainly take Ukraine without much resistance any time it chooses to.
    But what for, the US government already took that country down They took away everything they had, so now they have to beg for money and support. You can't take it lower than that

I don't think you understand what's truly happening there, here's some little history about it all

Back in the 90's, both the US and Russia (in agreement and through private talks and extensive planning) managed to bring down the third nuclear power in the world, that one you know as "Ukraine" That was such a power move!

Then the US gladly advised the former Ukraine government to send all his nuclear missiles, all the enriched uranium not the US, but to Russia, then with all glad and gentleness in the world, both Russia and the US helped in destroying all the nuclear silos and nuclear bombers Ukraine had at the time. It takes two to tango, and third wheels were never good on a date, right?

In total, around 3000 strategic bombs plus around other 2000 or so that were in storage, plus around 60 nuclear bombers, plus hundreds and hundreds of nuclear silos, plus all the computers, mechanisms and networks, where completely dismantled. Then, in a last slap in the face, all the Ukranian enriched uranium was sent "to storage" in Russia. Talk about being dumb

The third nuclear power in the world, ended up as a ridiculous state! Lower than, say.. "North Korea" these days

In the latter case, NATO probably isn't going to intervene, except with sanctions, which would actually hurt the EU more than Russia, due to its energy dependency. However, Taiwan would be a different matter.
    It's in the interest of NATO that Ukraine goes down, it has been since 30 years ago

Russia and China both have hypersonic missile capabilities now, that NATO can't counter, put some nuclear warheads on them and they can conceivably strike NATO without much fear of retaliation. This is scary stuff.
    There is a system in place since around 1986, in Russia, that implemented hypersonic missiles, it's been there for decades now, around 300 of them. The ones you were told by the news is just a new version of it, a modern one, but that kind of missile, has been there for so long that it already has grand children :P

ETA:

The only reason Taiwan exists in its current form is because the US government allowed and helped a coup that put the current government in China in place. The previous China official government was taken down by the US government, then they took refuge in Taiwan Now they are again being used, because the times require a new sacrifice, and no one remembers how the entire thing started in the first place

"Today my enemy, tomorrow my friend, but only if i can get something out of you"
    Last edited by Malisa, 14th December 2021 at 07:15.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2021), Chris (14th December 2021), Dreamtimer (14th December 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2021), Lord Sidious (16th December 2021), Wind (14th December 2021)

Thanks

I won't post any links, because they're all over the news, but it seems Russia and China are gearing up for another global conflict. An invasion of Ukraine and Taiwan, perhaps even in a coordinated manner, to cause maximum awe and shock is on the cards, as early as next year. Some analysts think China will only be ready to invade Taiwan by 2024, but I'm not so sure. Russia could certainly take Ukraine without much resistance any time it chooses to. In the latter case, NATO probably isn't going to intervene, except with sanctions, which would actually hurt the EU more than Russia, due to its energy dependency. However, Taiwan would be a different matter.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't put those Deagle population number projections for 2025 out of my mind, which predicts a drastically reduced population for most of the "West" by that time, allegedly due to a predicted nuclear war. Russia and China both have hypersonic missile capabilities now, that NATO can't counter, put some nuclear warheads on them and they can conceivably strike NATO without much fear of retaliation. This is scary stuff.
    I dreamed last night of nuclear war. A test in a populated area that people wanted to watch but were completely unaware of the magnitude of the blast. In the dream, I was calculating the people's safety margin and I concluded they didn't realize they would be facing radiation and the blast wave within 2 or 3 seconds. (and they thought they were safe). I advised them to dig out underground bunkers if they wanted to 'watch' but most disregarded the advice.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2021), Chris (14th December 2021), Dreamtimer (14th December 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (14th December 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Malisa View Post
    Thank your government for that, they sure are happy about you feeling this way :P

I wonder, when you said "Another global conflict" what do you mean, as in which one was previously organized and caused by those two specific countries? Are you being lead?

Which ones, possibly, could they be, paid for and working for a certain country in North America?

But what for, the US government already took that country down They took away everything they had, so now they have to beg for money and support. You can't take it lower than that

I don't think you understand what's truly happening there, here's some little history about it all

Back in the 90's, both the US and Russia (in agreement and through private talks and extensive planning) managed to bring down the third nuclear power in the world, that one you know as "Ukraine" That was such a power move!

Then the US gladly advised the former Ukraine government to send all his nuclear missiles, all the enriched uranium not the US, but to Russia, then with all glad and gentleness in the world, both Russia and the US helped in destroying all the nuclear silos and nuclear bombers Ukraine had at the time. It takes two to tango, and third wheels were never good on a date, right?

In total, around 3000 strategic bombs plus around other 2000 or so that were in storage, plus around 60 nuclear bombers, plus hundreds and hundreds of nuclear silos, plus all the computers, mechanisms and networks, where completely dismantled. Then, in a last slap in the face, all the Ukranian enriched uranium was sent "to storage" in Russia. Talk about being dumb

The third nuclear power in the world, ended up as a ridiculous state! Lower than, say.. "North Korea" these days

It's in the interest of NATO that Ukraine goes down, it has been since 30 years ago

There is a system in place since around 1986, in Russia, that implemented hypersonic missiles, it's been there for decades now, around 300 of them. The ones you were told by the news is just a new version of it, a modern one, but that kind of missile, has been there for so long that it already has grand children :P

ETA:

The only reason Taiwan exists in its current form is because the US government allowed and helped a coup that put the current government in China in place. The previous China official government was taken down by the US government, then they took refuge in Taiwan Now they are again being used, because the times require a new sacrifice, and no one remembers how the entire thing started in the first place

"Today my enemy, tomorrow my friend, but only if i can get something out of you"
    Now that you mention it, I remember that 'history' about China and Taiwan ... I think it was the Nixon administration that dumped Taiwan and gave China a seat at the table. As the saying goes the best-laid plans. Ultimately though, a caveat (in my opinion), there should not be a constant threat of 'we're going to get your asses'. Keep the ball on the playing field of the best economic policies win, there is no need to keep the axes above everyone's head.

Russian and U.S. efforts to disarm occurred in what I call the 'boring' days. But for the most part is considered the good old days when sanity seemed to be emerging, but sadly Putin doesn't like boring.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 14th December 2021 at 12:43.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2021), Dreamtimer (14th December 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (14th December 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Malisa View Post
    Err, no, my government is actually quite pro-Russia, especially now that Biden and the EU are on our ass.

I'm not sure what you mean, but there is a well-documented military buildup around the Ukrainian border, I believe this is real and not one of those WMDs in Iraq kind of hoaxes.

I wasn't implying those countries were in any way responsible for the first two world wars, obviously they weren't. I'm simply saying another global conflict, possibly even a world war three is on the cards. If we're lucky, it might only be a repeat of the Korean war, perhaps on a larger scale.

Yes, they're US intelligence analysts, but that doesn't mean they're wrong,

There's some truth to that, but on the flipside, two parts of the country are now under Russian military occupation. Crimea officially, Novorossiya unofficially. It's not a huge stretch to imagine Putin would want to take the rest, especially since (rump) Ukraine wants to become a Nato member. That might put US troops a few hundred miles from Moscow, an unacceptable situation to the Kremlin, which I can frankly understand.

I know the story, the memorandum was signed here in Hungary, it is known as the Budapest Memorandum. The US and Britain was supposed to guarantee the territorial integrity of the Ukraine vis-a-vis Russia in exchange for them giving up their nuclear arsenal. Obviously they didn't keep up their end of the bargain.

Yes, but from what I understand and Putin confirmed this, other countries have no defense against this type of weapon, whereas Russia will very soon have the capability to defend against it, if and when the US develops such weapons. This means MAD is no longer in effect. Russia and China could combine forces to destroy the US and NATO without them having the ability to retaliate. This gives the two countries a limited time window to act agressively, before it closes.

ETA:

That one is completely wrong from my understanding. The official government of China is still the one in Taipei. The one in Beijing is illegitimate, a communist plant. Granted, most countries don't acknowledge this any more, due to the power disparity between Beijing and Taipei, but it may not stay like that forever.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2021), Dreamtimer (16th December 2021), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2021), Malisa (18th December 2021), Wind (14th December 2021)