Page 19 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    The way I've come to view the two world wars over the years, is not who the good guys and the bad guys are because that's entirely subjective. What I see is some major nations that had varying and/or conflicting interests. And who was really in charge of these nations? Was it the leaders we see in the old newsreels, or were they more the major pieces being moved about the chess board?
    I think it was a combination of many things, but back then there still was a bit more room for black and white view about the different counterparts in the wars. I don't think anyone sane would think what Hitler, Stalin or Mao did was good. Especially the latter killed their own people too and so many of them. For what, power, ideology?

So the Nazis were evil, right? Well, yes, they did some horrific things for sure. And the U.S. was the knight in shining armor come to save the day we're repeatedly told. Here's how I look at that one. When Hitler invaded Poland in 1939, it had only been 49 years since the "Wounded Knee Massacre" in 1890 that finally brought on the bitter end of that terrible genocide. That's a mighty fast remaking of an image. Public Relations is not a new thing!
    War is business and for United States war has always been a part of the foundation of your country. Pilgrims from Europe settling to a new country, then there were the slaughters of the natives, slavery and of course the Civil War. That's hell of a lot of messy and tangled karmic stuff, but I make necessarily no judgements. Just observations of history. So much mixed energies there and lots of differences.

The world will never be allowed to forget atrocities committed the Russians, Germans and Japanese; but U.S. atrocities (Hiroshima and Nagasaki anyone?) is never a part of that conversation. For that matter, imagine if a guy named Stalin or Hitler had been overseer of the "Wounded Knee Massacre" and all that entailed. Hell, we'd still not be hearing the end of it...
    The Japanese were brutal in combat and they had own sadistic methods of torturing people, Russians were experts with slaughters and the Gulags, Germans showed their inhumanity with their concentration camps and so forth. The way I see it, dropping or testing the atom bombs in those Japanese cities was a war crime and I don't think I'm alone with that view. There was an "excuse" for it, but I don't think it's justification. It got the point across, but it was brutal and sickening. Man and scientists had finally perfected warfare and technology to the point that it can unleash the power of the Sun here on Earth. As J. Robert Oppenheimer witnessed the first nuclear explosion in New Mexico he was reminded of the famous words in the Bhagavad Gita: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

It was time for United States to become that Death and unleash hell in the land of the Rising Sun.

Of course the firebombing of Tokyo caused hell of a lot victims too and that campaign was already devastating enough. In war there really is no beauty, it's just legalized murder and civilians such as women and children get to experience it too. The PR department of US had things going pretty well all the way until Vietnam and then people finally started to wake up more and see that war ain't actually so great after all. Who are the good and bad guys after all?

More wars came after that of course as they were needed, but there were even less justifications for them. Yet the spin doctors always somehow managed to bamboozle the people and make them believe that war is good and favorable for the country, it's good for the economy too right? In that the presidents played their part too.

The new Roman Empire was only expanding, even moreso after the fall of their greatest enemy, the Soviet Union. Since early 90's United States had virtually the whole world as it's own playgroung. That's always the thing with empires, they always want total domination over the globe. It will be either trough having "allies" (vassal states) or enemies who will of course suffer the consequences of war. USA has always had the need for an external enemy so that it's own people wouldn't have enough time to look at the internal problems which have been only growing more, like an internal rot inside a huge tree. Yet we all know what happened to the Roman Empire with it's Caesars.
    Last edited by Wind, 2nd July 2022 at 04:42.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th February 2022), Chris (6th February 2022), Dreamtimer (5th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2022), Fred Steeves (5th February 2022), Lord Sidious (7th February 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I try to talk about these things and more, Fred. I have for decades. I can't even get the words Manifest Destiny out of my mouth before I get attacked and called a such-and-such. If it can't happen in social conversation, no surprise it can't happen in the media. I've been called every name in the book including a 'hater of America.' And folks with that label hung around their neck are now in the cross-hairs.

How many people have been saying behind the scenes that they know some thing or other is bad but they just can't speak out because...base, voters, ratings, some other short-sighted thing? More than I can count.

Now we can't teach history because kids will supposedly 'hate America'. So rat on your neighbor, do vigilante justice, and sue the teachers. It's beyond ludicrous and into downright dangerous.

And if we don't talk about these things then others will. And our story may end up being told by others. We should at least try to engage in the narrative so it's not out of our control. As in, we talk about these things and somehow move forward. When people say we're past the time of dialogue, they've just given up and are falling into the same war trap.

(I noticed the next generation is not falling for the dichotomies, not even with gender. Interesting times moving forward)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th February 2022), Chris (6th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022), Lord Sidious (7th February 2022), Wind (5th February 2022)

Thanks
    This nine minute piece on NATO is relevant and worth the listen. As Beau started I thought of the French and English and how NATO finally put a halt to their eternal Hatfield/McCoy dynamic. And then Beau got to the Fourteenth Article which "...just says that both the French and the English versions are real." That's at six minutes.

9/11 is when article Five was finally invoked.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th February 2022), Chris (6th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th February 2022), Wind (6th February 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    From Hungarian news sources:

- If an invasion were to take place, Russian forces could take Kyiv in two days and it would take them only 12 hours to get to the Hungarian Border, once the capital has fallen.

- The Invasion would likely cause 50.000 civilian casualties and up to 5 million would be displaced, most refugees heading West towards EU countries.

- The build up of troops and material, particularly in Belarus continues apace. Readiness is still only at 70 percent, so there is scope for yet more troops to arrive in the coming weeks, which at last count stood at 130.000

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th February 2022), Dreamtimer (7th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022), Wind (6th February 2022)

Thanks
    I read that also that info was leaked on purpose. It's kinda interesting to see what kind of games Russia is playing with US.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th February 2022), Dreamtimer (7th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    NATO
    Nasty
    Arseholes
    Terrorising
    Others.............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th February 2022), Dreamtimer (7th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (7th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022), Wind (7th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    NATO
    Nasty
    Arseholes
    Terrorising
    Others.............
    Dear El Sid, I've lost my mind ... I agree with you ...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th February 2022), Chris (8th February 2022), Dreamtimer (7th February 2022), Gio (9th February 2022), Wind (7th February 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Dear El Sid, I've lost my mind ... I agree with you ...
    That's ok, I won't hold it against you for very long..............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th February 2022), Chris (8th February 2022), Dreamtimer (7th February 2022), Gio (9th February 2022), Wind (7th February 2022)

Thanks

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2022), Chris (9th February 2022), Dreamtimer (9th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022), Gio (9th February 2022)

Thanks
    I'm reading up on these guys. Does anyone know much about them? I've mentioned their names once already.

[Putin] wants a Russian ethno-state empire and he believes himself to be a messianic historic figure.

Keyword search ‘Ivan Ilyin’ and ‘Aleksandr Dugin’ and read up. Those two are his major influences.
    Here's a link to a book by Ilyin.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2022), Chris (9th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022), Gio (9th February 2022), Wind (9th February 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I'm reading up on these guys. Does anyone know much about them? I've mentioned their names once already.

Here's a link to a book by Ilyin.
    I haven't heard about these two, but it isn't difficult to imagine what Putin wants, every nationalist demagogue since the dawn of time has operated from the same rulebook. Some are more extreme than others, but in the end, they all want the same thing. Erdogan wants to restore the Ottoman Empire, Putin wants to restore the Russian empire, Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg want to restore the British Empire, Mussolini wanted a new Roman Empire, America, again, modelled itself after Imperial Rome, Trump wants to "Make America Great Again", etc...

It's always the same bullshit and people always fall for it, without fail.
    Last edited by Chris, 9th February 2022 at 19:57.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2022), Dreamtimer (9th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022), Gio (9th February 2022), Wind (9th February 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    It's always the same bullshit and people always fall for it, without fail.
    "The more things change, the more they stay the same. - Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

Last edited by Wind, 9th February 2022 at 21:39.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2022), Chris (10th February 2022), Dreamtimer (9th February 2022), Fred Steeves (9th February 2022), Gio (9th February 2022), Lord Sidious (10th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg want to restore the British Empire, Mussolini wanted a new Roman Empire, America, again, modelled itself after Imperial Rome,
    I've got a rough draft theory that seen from the proverbial 50,000 feet, England used the American colonies and what they were later to become, as a proxy to blaze the way west for them because of the massive manpower it would take. This would of course mean that at the very highest levels, there never was the great separation that it appeared to be. One example would be that it seems the British schooled their prodigy quite well in the fine art of using Intelligence as an invisible weapon, and I tend to think it would be right up the ally of British type Intelligence work to make heading west look sexy, and to make sure gold would be found at opportune times when the pace got too slow, or stalled.

I can Australia in a similar light.

Trump wants to "Make America Great Again",
    Yeah, but I see him more on the street thug level. While intelligent, he's not a student of anything, and he's not intellectually curious enough IMO to have attained the required knowledge base to be join the fraternity of wanna be empire builders.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2022), Chris (10th February 2022), Dreamtimer (9th February 2022), Gio (9th February 2022), Wind (9th February 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I've got a rough draft theory that seen from the proverbial 50,000 feet, England used the American colonies and what they were later to become, as a proxy to blaze the way west for them because of the massive manpower it would take. This would of course mean that at the very highest levels, there never was the great separation that it appeared to be. One example would be that it seems the British schooled their prodigy quite well in the fine art of using Intelligence as an invisible weapon, and I tend to think it would be right up the ally of British type Intelligence work to make heading west look sexy, and to make sure gold would be found at opportune times when the pace got too slow, or stalled.

I can Australia in a similar light.

It's all the anglo saxon empire.
    Not long ago, an historian won a case in the high court over the release of papers written by a former governor general to the queen.
    One ex prime minister wrote that the letters looked like an office reporting to their head office...........
    America is not and never was out of control of the brits.
    Guess who lent your ancestors the money to fight the brits?
    The king of the uk and the king of france
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2022), Chris (10th February 2022), Dreamtimer (10th February 2022), Fred Steeves (10th February 2022), Wind (10th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    It's all the anglo saxon empire.
    Not long ago, an historian won a case in the high court over the release of papers written by a former governor general to the queen.
    One ex prime minister wrote that the letters looked like an office reporting to their head office...........
    America is not and never was out of control of the brits.
    Guess who lent your ancestors the money to fight the brits?
    The king of the uk and the king of france
    I don't think anything like that could ever be proven, same as the planned spreading of Smallpox ridden blankets to the natives over here back in the day. Hidden hand activity, so far as I've seen anyway, can never be pointed to directly.

You know, I've long thought of adding Germany's story to this menagerie as well. From #18's connections to bankers, elites, even to his early on piano player, lots to raise a Spock like eyebrow to.

Never seen empire aspirations as being part of the historical fabric of today's current boogeymen, Russia and China. Same with co boogeymen North Korea and Iran. I don't recall the Ottoman Empire as having any designs on world domination either.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2022), Chris (10th February 2022), Dreamtimer (10th February 2022), Wind (10th February 2022)